Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Yea Bec! I am so happy for you! I know you are on cloud nine. Have wonderful day!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Morning all,

My passport has been stamped, and I have now officially crossed the border into ONDERLAND!!!! Yippe ky yo ky yay!!! 199 nekkid on the scale this morning!

Jfinchster - good job on the restart, and how nice that you can go swimming! Just take it day at a time...keep the carbage out of the house!! It is my downfall too! Just remember: "Carbs Beget Carbs"....

Marilee - oh boy, what a great new low number for you, keep chippin' away at it!!!

Abigale - so you had a few peanuts yesterday, today is a new day. Push them way far to the back of the top cabinet so you don't see them...!!

BecinUK - did you get a digital scale or traditional dial-type? I've never seen a UK scale, all I know is that they measure weight in "stones."?

Must run for now - have a good onplan day, Y'ALL!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Morning all,

My passport has been stamped, and I have now officially crossed the border into ONDERLAND!!!! Yippe ky yo ky yay!!! 199 nekkid on the scale this morning!

Yea!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Good going Nancy at onederland!!!! and thanks for the peanut "pep talk" !
Old 05-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Thanks for the support everyone.

Nancy, the scales do measure it stones, pounds or kilograms (they are digital).

I always go with kilos and then convert to both as I watch so many shows and have so many discussions with people in pounds and stone that I like to know my weight in all three (yes I am obsessive and I know it!)

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #516
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Got the call today that fiance's mother is dying. On the way there we had a long talk. I had to cancel emergency therapy appt. We have a plan, we aren't going to cohabitate, too stressful. Congrats to Bec, Marilee and Live Free. Oh and Tony, thanks for the kind words. Been on track since Sat. too.

Last edited by vli1127; 05-10-2011 at 06:53 PM..
Old 05-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Dog woke me up at 2am this morning to go out -ugh. It's going to be a long day I'm afraid. I ate mostly eggs yesterday but will probably eat a variety of things today. Hamburger, a little cheese and maybe some eggs. Need to run to the store later.

Talk to you all later!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #518
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i had a lovely 4 day weekend, the last of which I went to Atl City

I came back lighter than when I left, but it was a lovely day all the same. I did a 2hr walk. Got back to to the Tropicana just in time to miss the Lunch Buffet. The Dinner buffet began at 3PM. The ATKINS choices that were available to me were fairly bland. I could do better at home. But, all in all, I would do it again. Nice to get away. Hope everyones' weekend was rewarding as well. FF
Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Scale still said 199 this morning so it's for real.....now to chip away through the 190s....I vow to nevah-evah see Twoderland again!

Vicki - so sorry to hear of your fiance's mother, it is really hard to go through this and your support and empathy will be so welcomed. Remember there always a reason why things happen in the grand master plan.

Abigale -- yup, if my dog wakes me in the middle of the night, it's for a GOOD reason otherwise it's "Clean Up on Aisle 9" for me!!! And it's usually my 100 lb yellow lab Ozzie so, I will grudingly accommodate his request....

FF - sounds like you had a rejuvenating weekend, good job on the nice long walk with the ocean air!!!

Hi to everyone else!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #520

congrats Live Free on the crossover.

what a great feeling!!! I will get there by and by. U encourage us all. FF
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys,
i am in houston and have very limited internet access until i get home on sunday night, so don't think i have forsaken you!...lol...

this has to be a quick post, so i won't get to everything BUT:

NANCY!!!!!!!...congratulations!!!!!!!...i am so so proud of you!...great job, girl...one of us had to get there first and i am so happy you led the way - it is motivating me!...

marilee, congrats to you too on hitting a new low!!!...you have been such an inspiration to me - i can't believe how steady and committed you have been...thanks so much for being here and sharing your strength with us... :-)

vicki, my thoughts are with you, and it sounds to me like you are asking all the right questions...usually, if you do that, you get the right answers - best of luck and we're here if u need us...

jenny, we are definitely twins...i am having a good week too...after weighing in at 210 on monday, i was 209 on tuesday and have had great days on tues and wed so far...i am in a hotel - no kitchen and no temptations...i really am doing well down here - you would be proud of me if you could see my meal choices in restaurants...

bec, congrats on the scales...i'm betting on great things for you for the rest of this blitz!...

ff, sorry about your wallet, bro...sounds like a good time though, and CONGRATS on the walk - that's impressive!...

abi, your menu sounds like you are getting in a "zone' this week...

love you guys...i'll check in when i can get on here...stay strong!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 05-11-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Old 05-12-2011, 03:54 AM   #522

unusual evening...

i wanted to make my chicken breasts. but i needed to eat something right away. so i called for chinese...the usual repertoire. i fell asleep right after Seinfeld (7pm)and woke up just before 11, in time for more Seinfeld on another station. Then, i went back to bed, checking back into the "real" world every few hours. To complicate matters even further, there is a 2 week ban on solid food consumption in our office (owing to infestation). They(our superiors) want to see if it is the food that attracts our 4 legged fiends. We may have liquids (but no soup). We may eat outside the office, but not inside; This is not convenient for any of us. It looks like i will be drinking my bkfst and lunch beginning today for 2 weeks. Today is weigh-in. i am not expecting great news. That weekend when i deliberately stepped back and allowed myself some indiscretions...well, I can pack on the lbs quite easily. But, that is fine. By 4/1/13, i won't even remember it. I AM hungrier lately, and I am upping my portions considerably, ergo keeping to between 5 & 10 carbs daily...on the average. Tonight I am doing Angus burgers w/o the bun. FF
Old 05-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

FF that really is the pits, not being able to eat at the office. Work is hard enough without food too! Hoping for a good weigh in for you today. Also glad you had an enjoyable weekend.

Tony, good to hear from you. Have fun in Houston.

Nancy, Bama was 90 pounds last trip to the vet. She is a small Lab and Vet says she needs to lose some weight. Hard to do. She is a voracious eater and just got home to find she had moved the gate and ate the cats' food.

Vicki, so sorry about your fiance's Mother. Great you are staying on track and have worked out a less stressful way to deal with your relationship.

Sister will be looking after Mom for the rest of the day so it is my day off. Unfortunately I need to shop for grocercies and clean! Better get moving!

Have a wonderful Thursday all!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #524
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Tony - good to hear from you and sounds like your environs are keeping you on the straight and narrow. And oh how nice to be in a hotel where someone else makes your bed each day!! Yeah baby!!

FF - I see you discuss leptin in other posts. That fascinated me when I got started last July...so I bought the Rosedale book that had the tag on the cover that said "Turn off your hunger switch" which was totally calling to me. I really read hard all that was written about leptin sensitivity and insulin, etc. and did the 3-week induction...and ended up really enjoying it that the induction somewhat-modified is pretty much all I do, except for occasional indiscretions. Getting good fat in helps keep me satiated (nuts, avocado, olives, etc) so maybe you should consider some good fat...I was pre-diabetic before I started, and now my blood sugar is in good state. And I've tamed the beast. (Hunger!)

Abigale - have a good, fun, enjoyable productive day! You deserve it!

Our workplace Biggest Loser ladie's weigh-in is tomorrow 8:45 AM. Ten weeks went by quickly! My home scale calcuations shows me that I lost 14.5 lbs so I am well pleased with that.

Hope everyone has a decent day, don't cave in to stress with food!!!
Nancy
Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 AM   #525

i COULD go out and eat something.

however, the security of having what to read and drink, and chatting wotrh my Blitzers is enough to get me through the day. I missed weigh-in (gosh darn)because i was involved in a project that had to get done for my boss's meeting. There will be next week, and ther week after that etc etc etc. FF
Old 05-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Morning all,

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Congratulations!

FF, sorry about the liquid diet. I'm honored that we Blitzers make it seem worth it to you.

I think I have some good news to post in my stats but will wait till Monday to post it. Not as excited as Nancy's news...but me-sized good news.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
another great day eating-wise in houston...this trip could not have come at a better time!...hope everyone is feeling strong...no scale around, so no weigh-in til monday...

shadows, now i can't wait for the news!

nancy, best of luck with the weigh-in - can't wait til you share the results!...

Last edited by tony8; 05-13-2011 at 01:27 AM..
Old 05-13-2011, 04:14 AM   #528

a slight revision.

we are permitted anything that does not make crumbs. Cheese, soup, filet mignon...just to mention a few. i will survive. It is gonna be wet beginning tomorrow for a whole week. I don't mind tomorrow, as i need to recharge my batteries. I am shaggers. tomorrow is the last Met Broadcast of the season-DIE WALKUERE-high noon. Making myself a big iced coffee, and will be singing along to those bits I know. (the advantage <& the reason?> I live alone). Have a great on-plan weekend all. i will be back on Tuesday. No web yet at home. I will deal with it at month's end. I am w/o patience to deal with such things at present. Love & Profits: FLAThoyotohoFERENGHI
Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning!

Congratulations Nancy! and Tony on staying faithful to your plan while out of town. That's hard!

The scale isn't budging for me this round, however, I'm losing inches. I can tell when I look in the mirror (dressed, of course). My pants are getting really baggy and I am actually going in on the sides (getting a little bit of an hour glass shape). So, I'll take what I can get, scale or no scale!

Need to get to work, but wanted to touch base.

Take care - TTYL!
Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #530
Senior LCF Member

My workplace Biggest Loser: I lost a total of 15.4 lbs or 7.17% and.....

came in SECOND PLACE!!

I won a water bottle, a jump rope and a package of athletic socks which I could use. I'm giving away the jump rope. I'm on the other side of 50 and will not jump rope!
The Chicago gal won first place with 8.2 % lost so she won the $210....but get this, she had been working with a trainer so you know that wasn't free!! And this is the one who weighed first time on Chicago scale while we were on the corporate scale in NH. Oh well, gave it a good shot so I am feeling good about the last 10 weeks. I had major indiscretions over two weekends in April and plateau'd for most of the month, but what the hey!

Back from a 40 min. walk and enjoying my salad with tuna...

Marilee, YES, I know what you mean! There's times when the scale doesn't talk but the clothes get looser! This is a good sign so keep up the good work, and start enjoying the hourglass figure (vs. martini glass )

Last edited by LIVE_FREE_NH; 05-13-2011 at 10:06 AM..
Old 05-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #531

btw: all my fats are good fats...

i abstain only from transfats. i use grape seed oil and butter. occasional nuts, and the "critter" fats etc. in a word, my fats are good fats. FF
Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Marilee, baggy pants are great (even though it sounds funny). Good going!

Nancy, congratulations on second place in the Biggest Loser contest. Of course we know in our hearts that you really won and the first place lady weighed on defective scale in Chicago.

FF, have a good weekend since we probably won't hear from you until Monday(or did you say Tuesday?) since your home computer is out.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #533
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea, Marilee. Inches instead of pounds.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #534
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ivanaBslim
WOE: Moderate Carbs/Somersizer/Atkins
Start Date: Low Carbing since 2004
Introducing myself....

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a thread where people not only check in, but post their food daily to stay committed and on track. Can anyone point me to where I can find others interested in this sort of accountability?

Thanks!

ivanaBslim
Old 05-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #535
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanaBslim View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a thread where people not only check in, but post their food daily to stay committed and on track. Can anyone point me to where I can find others interested in this sort of accountability?

Thanks!

ivanaBslim
Try this thread in the Main Low Carb Lobby. Of course this one is titled Friday, but they start a new one everyday.

It's FRIDAY! What are you eating today?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
sounds like everyone is doing great!!!

nancy, wow!!!!....you are the winner in our book - thanks for doin' us blitzers proud!...

marilee, sometimes it's pounds and sometimes it's inches, but our bodies are changing in good ways...congrats on staying committed and doing so well...

ff, i know u can't read this til tuesday, so i'll just say hello and good luck convincing the office mgr. that LC cheescake doesn't make crumbs!...lol

hi abi and vicki! :-)

today is the wedding...i am having a great times and a great week of eating well...my clothes are looser and i'm sure i'll be down at least a pound when i get home...i'm hoping for more, but i can tell i'm headed in the right direction!...

stay strong and have a great weekend!

Last edited by tony8; 05-14-2011 at 09:08 AM..
Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in to say hi to everyone and hope you are having a good day. It's dreary and overcast here in New Hampshire today. Dh bought pepper and tomato plants for garden today. Love to watch them grow.

Talk to you all later!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #538
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Little dude's birthday weekend went well. I did eat more ice cream cake than I meant to, but I am pleased that I got right back to clean eating afterwards!
I've added yogurt back in on the mornings. It seems to help me quite a bit with digestion, etc. I don't know if the Cavemen were making yogurt back in the day, but even if it isn't in the Paleo diet, it's really works for me!

Abi...my son turned 5 on Sunday. Five is big!! Officially no longer a baby. (in fact, he asked me the other day to stop calling him "Baby." Said it irritated him, lol.) Peppers and tomatoes! That sounds delicious. I'm going to get some patio tomatoes this week. Nothing like a homegrown tomato!

tony....can't wait to see what the scale says. But then again, even if it doesn't budge, your clothes are looser and than means a great deal!

Nancy...congrats on the Biggest Loser!

B: yogurt w nuts and berries
L: steak and broc
S: steak
D: chicken and raw veggies
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey kbeth, i think it's been pretty well established that yogurt is a healthy choice...women have to really find ways to get enough calcium and i think you've found a great one...

happy birthday to the little guy, and congrats to you for surviving his baby-hood :-)

abi, thanks for the nh weather update and for making me feel LESS homesick!...but i'm flying back into manchester tomorrow night...

finished up another great day of eating today...i love not having access to a kitchen and food...gotta find a way to simulate this when i am home...maybe i have to start the "one plate" of food at dinner rule...that would be hard for me at home, so i'm not gonna implement it yet, but if i don't get to 1derland by the end of this blitz, i'm gonna try that for a while...

hope everyone had a great saturday and that tomorrow is even better...i'll be traveling all day, so i'll see ya on monday!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #540
Major LCF Poster!

For the last couple of years my mother, brother, sister-in-law (plus other assorted relatives now and then) have been going to a small restaurant for breakfast after church. Alot of other people we know would go there too from church so it always felt so warm and friendly, like one big family. Well, someone bought the building it was in and jacked up the rent forcing the family that owned it to close. We all felt so bad and ended up going to Friendlys once and a cafe downtown and then it was Mother's Day at Mom's. This week DH brought me home a menu from the Country Club which had decided to have serve breakfast to the public for reasonable prices. I made copies of the menu and passed it out to several families. Well several of us showed up. The waitress said yesterday was the first day they had served breakfast and only 4 people showed up. Her eyes lit up when all of a sudden she had 4 full tables to take care of. The food was very good and generous servings. I had two scrambled eggs and bacon. I could taste real butter with the eggs. I think we will go back again next week.
Closed Thread