Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey abi, as i was reading your post, i was thinking TICKS!...check your body as thoroughly as possible...i will have my blood test in a couple of more weeks...

ff, sounds like a lovely mother's day and i bet that is a great italian restaurant!...count me in :-) hope you have a great walk, meal and gambling excursion on sunday!...

bec, we all have those days once in a while...could be your body was exposed to a virus or something and is fighting it off without you even knowing it (which is preferable!)...in any case, don't allow it to get you down and i bet you'll be feeling more normal before you know it!

i weighed in at 209 this week, up another pound...this week, i earned that pound as i ate more than i should have on two different days...i am one pound over my "ceiling" so i will restrict everything for as long as it takes to get back under it...

i've had a rough couple of weeks on the scale, but i am not discouraged at all...however, it is time to tweak things and get back to losing...I AM READY!...lol...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

wow, jenny, i just read your post after i posted and it is simply AMAZING to me how closely our patterns follow each other...isn't it weird?...maybe we really are some sort of biologically/metabolically similar beings...lol...

i hope you will choose to post here daily or as often as you can...i find that it helps me, even when i'm not doing so well, as i think about having to confess my behavior and it serves as a deterrent when i'm approaching meals and snacks...does it stop me every time?...obviously NOT, but it helps limit the damage i inflict on myself...

YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT be bringing anyone down, by sharing your struggles...that is why we are all here - not to brag about our good days (which is certainly fun!), but to obtain and offer support when we are finding it difficult...which for me, is most of the time

luv ya, sis...hang in there ;-)

Last edited by tony8; 05-06-2011 at 03:03 PM..
Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #483
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Thanks for the support Tony--we even were posting at the same time!

I know I will get back on track I'm just really afraid of the damage I will do before I do, right now I'm 2lbs over my window.

I will definitely post more as it keeps me in a good state of mind. If I'm being entirely honest my main problem is I'm drinking too much wine--even though it's lower carb I really can't lose when drinking and it also makes me crave carbs, so I need to get in the frame of mind to let it go. I use it to relax at night, but maybe I need to find alternatives. I know I'm not an alcoholic or anything because I have stopped drinking at many different times in my life, but I do truly enjoy it.

Maybe I can enjoy it in maintience but maybe not, it could just be something I need to give up permanantly in my life (or just have it on very rare occassions?). I've come to terms with the idea that I will give up sugar/processed carbs permanantly, but I always thought I could drink and maintain my weight. But, right now I'm having trouble doing that...

Just thinking out loud.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:56 AM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jenny, for what it is worth, i don't think you should even think about needing to give up wine forever at this point in the game...what we will and will not be able to do during "maintenance" is a question that will be asked and answered once we get to goal...i think it can be overwhelming and discouraging to think we have to forego something we enjoy for the rest of our lives...if you think you need to cut out the wine for now, do it when you re ready...

for me it is easier to think of this process as a project i need to finish, which cannot be rushed...although i too am struggling right now for some reason, i do best when i try to set small short-term weekly goals, rather than grand goals that are too ambitious...when i try to do that, it seems like i am constantly "failing" and for me that is counter-productive...

i am going to climb back up on the horse this morning and try to stay on him all day (a girl horse couldn't carry me right now :-) just one day at a time...then i will try to do it again tomorrow, one snack and one meal at a time...and then again on monday and then on tuesday i will head to houston for six days and hope being away from my kitchen will get me to drop a couple of pounds...

we will get through this jenny - we have worked so hard for so long...count on it and lean on me...

Last edited by tony8; 05-07-2011 at 03:58 AM..
Old 05-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi everyone,

Jenny I'm right there with you.....right down to the wine and everything! It's been such a crazy week and I've let it completely turn me inside out and upside down. No excuse I know, and I'm sooooo aggravated with myself....I MUST find the strength to back into my zone.

I think it was Abi who asked a few days ago what it was like for me subbing for other people? Let me tell ya....it's been crazy!! I closed out my Scottsdale property last Saturday, and that was VERY stressful and melancholy....but it's done, finalized all the accounting and hugged everyone goodbye. I'm getting calls from my former staff that the new manager the owner brought in is a NIGHTMARE and they all want to walk out. I've spent all of this week at another property that we've sold and so I'll do that closing on Tuesday. This property has been a trip let me tell ya!!!! It's a lower income property in a rough part of town, and this week I've had EMT's take a woman to hospital for attempting to bleach her hair blond...WITH CLOROX BLEACH....I've had the police out to deal with 2 smash and grab home invasions, a water main break that flooded 5 apartments, employees walk off the job because they can't take it anymore.....all in the past 5 days!!!!!

The good news is that I'll close this one out on Tuesday and then I have my next permanent property assignment (well as permanent as it gets in property management) it's a very nice property about 15 minutes from my home. I'm hoping I can get started at that property right away and get back into a regular routine again.

Tony, good luck this week....you'll do great and you'll look fabulous in your wedding tux I have no doubt!!! (Post pics!)

Jenny, hang in there....we can help each other get back on track!!!

Hi Marilee, you're doing so great!!! Are you loving this weather?!?!

FF, your mothers day plans sound fabulous!!

Bec, how are you feeling??

Vicki...where are you????

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 05-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Oh my gosh Tammy - you have had a week from he$$. So happy you are going to get a nice permanent position near your home. The woman that used the clorox on hair - do you know if she will be ok? I'm thinking her eyes!

Jenny, I love my wine too and never have given it up. I was able to lose but I can't have more than two 5oz glasses at a time. I made that decision about 11 years ago. I also have to eat practically zero carbs and keep the calories down if I want to lose.

I am thawing out the leftover ham from Easter for brunch at Mom's tomorrow. Here comes the sodium again. I made two quiches today and the leftover mix I poured into a mini muffin tray and baked for me. Then I am not tempted to eat the pie crust.

Water yesterday was only 6 glasses I think and have not even had one full one yet today and it is already 1pm! Been so busy baking etc. have not had time.

Daughter changed her avatar on Facebook to a picture of me holding her on my lap when she was about 3. I was so surprised. So I changed mine to a picture of Mom and before I knew it all my friends put their mother's pictures on there too. It was very touching.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #487
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hi you guys! Sounds like it's been a pretty full on week for everyone on here.

I have had a good day but food wise I have been out of control.

This is what I ate:

2 poached eggs with a couple of mushrooms and some mozarella and sundried tomatoes.
Then went to lunch and had two more poached eggs with side of tomato salad and chorizo. Then had 80gm of SF mint toffees, 1.5 tbs peanut butter, protein bar and then I finished off the bolognese that I made yesterday (which was quite small).

My appetite was insatiable today!!!! Saying that I didn't need to worry about 9pm curfew. At 7:45pm my stomach was so full and it still is now nearly 2 hours later! So bizarre.

Maybe it's because I haven't eaten that much this week.

Only time will tell. I think scales are arriving on monday so I will have to see what they have to say about all this crazy eating!

Gotta go, my stomach is grumbling as it's very angry at me.

Take care and have a better food day than me!! (You still have time in the US)
Old 05-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #488
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am going through a tough time right now. Indecisive with relationship. That is all I can say for now.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of you, Vicki. ((hugs))
Old 05-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, i'm sorry to hear you are going through a difficult time...when facing doubts about something important, it sometimes helps to step back, find some time alone to think, and then go with your gut instinct...we're here if you need us
Old 05-08-2011, 01:17 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

We had hot wings and cole slaw last night. I knew I would pay for that and I did - I'm up 2 pounds water weight. Cole slaw dressing was way too high in carbs and really tasted too sweet. Today won't fix the problem as we are having ham again. Can't wait for Monday to get back to low sodium and simple food again.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday, especially you FF taking that nice stroll down the boardwalk!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:30 AM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
Bec, congrats on actually losing on vacation. That's amazing!

Lizzie, the DASH diet and other complementary medicine things can actually help your medication, so it definitely doesn't have to be an either/or proposition.

Has anyone here ever been struck with vegetable mania? I swear it's not a carb thing, but I just can't seem to get enough vegetables. I had mushrooms with my eggs at breakfast, greens with my chicken at lunch. Then I made a big pan of roasted vegetables (purple cabbage, turnips, carrots, sweet vidalia onions, fennel seed, garlic), so I'd have vegies ready all week -- and I ate 2 cups of the mix for supper, with a little ACV and a tsp of the olive oil/schmaltz mix from the chicken. It was absolutely fabulous. And that was all I had for supper. I've been eating vegies for supper every night this week. What the hey?
BP Medicine is working and I am not as stressed..thanks everyone for your support.
Shadows: I have been eating more veggies also and am proud to report I am down 4 lbs.!
Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Lizzie, glad the BP medicine is working for you!

Brittany, good to hear from you again. I have had to tell myself over and over again what works for me. I can be really hard headed sometimes.

Today's brunch was not as bad as I thought it would be. Had a slice of ham, green salad with blue cheese dressing, some crustless quiche a deviled egg and coffee with cream. I am in control of what I eat the rest of the day which will probably be just leftover pot roast meat. I just drank two glasses of water - 6 more to go.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

abi, the nice thing about salt/water gains is that they are relatively easy to lose...enjoy the ham! :-)

LIZZIE!...congrats on the bp and the 4 lbs.!...nice job...i'm proud of you...

brittany, WE ALL DO THAT!...i recently talked myself (again) into believing that i could bring carby stuff into the house for everyone else, and not eat it myself...WRONG!...it has been the cause of my recent struggles, i am afraid...

i have had a bad week, but not a bad day today so far...every meal, every snack, every day is a chance to start over and that is what i am doing...i am gonna have a MONSTER week this week!...i can feel it...btw, still at 209 this morning, and i'm lucky to be there!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #495
Senior LCF Member

I'm reporting in:

It was my husband's birthday yesterday--drank too much wine but didn't eat the cupcakes or cinnamon rolls or hamburger bun on sandwich--did have popcorn later in the evening. I did take a long walk yesterday...so some good areas, some not so good.

Today I took a walk up our back hill (quite a workout) and so far have had

a couple bites egg quiche--breakfast

pork ribs with spice rub--lunch

drinking alot of water--really committed to staying on plan today! Will let you know how it went.

Vicky--Sorry to hear you're going through a rough time --just try and be good to yourself and know you will get through this...

Tony--I like your attitude and am going to repeat that mantra to myself--just live in the moment and make good decisions for myself. I need to break the unhealthy cycle I've been in but I can only doing one minute at a time...
Old 05-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #496
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brittany80
Stats: 252/241.4/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 2/2011-Really counting 3/2011
abigale- great job! Keep it up!

Tony- yes carbs in the house kill me too! Thats difficult for me right now because we are staying with family and there is carbicide all over the place!

Thanks for the encouragement folks!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #497
Senior LCF Member

Hey Abigale.

I am sure everyone gave you this advice before but I always have a bottle of water around. I find it easier to drink more when it's out of a bottle. It's also a good way to measure.

Hope it helps.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks guys. I think I did a knee jerk reaction concerning fiance' My eating has been way out of control and I wanted to blame that on not wanting to be with him. But, I think, for some reason, i got into the food off and on for about a year now and because of that I have felt really crappy about myself. When this happens, it rubs off to other people. This is what has happened. i have clouded my perception and clarity of our relationship. There are some defects that he has but he does have many good qualities.

I was chatting with my son overseas and was explaining what has been going on over the past couple of days along with describing fiance's good qualities, that son asked me what the problem was. i have been doing a lot of soul searching and journaling this weekend too. i will be meeting with a good friend who is a spiritual guide tomorrow and we will go over some things.

i have been really distraught over this. On Friday, I felt relief when I thought that I would end the relationship but then reality hit me and I felt remorse and great sadness. I haven't been grateful of what he has done or what characteristics he does have. I also had fear of how my family thinks of him. I love him and plan to continue in our relationship.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Vicki, we're all here for you and love you!!!! I can't imagine the stress you're under right now, but please know that we're here for you!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Mother's Day!!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Bec, good idea to just keep that bottle of water close by. I will try that today.

Vicki, sounds like you are looking at all sides of the situation and will work it all out. Thinking of you.

Tammy, hope you had a great day yesterday too!

Getting back to simple food today. Taking Mom to her neurologist today for her Parkinsons. Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Abigale; 05-09-2011 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: spelled Vicki wrong
Old 05-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Thanks guys!!

Mothers Day was very nice even tho I had to work....
salty turkey last night''

Vicky..
Old 05-09-2011, 05:16 AM   #502
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks guys, this is a very tough decision. I don't want to do the wrong thing and I don't want to hurt him. But, I don't want to hurt myself either. Man, breaking up is hard to do, if this is what it leads to. I have always been on the receiving end of break ups. Maybe an emergency therapist session is in order. I was just there on Friday, but I was quite emotional. Today, I have a bit more clarity.

Last edited by vli1127; 05-09-2011 at 05:17 AM..
Old 05-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

vicki, i know you have been planning a wedding for august, but remember, that is an arbitrary date that you guys chose...both of you have to be completely at peace and 100% sure before you take that step...you have plenty of time before august, and the option of postponing if you are still not sure...there is always pain with breakups, if it comes to that, but it is worse if you are married when it happens...there is no gun to anyone's head here...for both your sakes, take the time you need to figure it out...love ya, kid...

jenny, we're gonna get through this period - no doubt about it...i am starting to feel like i am gaining more control by the minute...not sure why i have been slipping, or why i feel like i am stopping the slide, but i think it's just part of being human...ff, i know this doesn't pertain to you...lol...

jenny, i haven't binged on any one thing, but i have dipped into the popcorn, m&m candy bowl, tiny piece of a donut, spoonfuls of ice cream, etc. during the past few weeks...it's like i'm taking a tour of forbidden foods...it's never a whole serving - just a taste, but it has messed me up...maybe i needed it...

and i'm guessing i will go through this again at other points in my life, but i am going to make sure it is temporary and doesn't derail my ultimate goal - to live a thinner, healthier life...

had my best day in two weeks yesterday and am feeling good today, so far...my trip to oklahoma and texas will help...
Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 AM   #504
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Morning all,

Oh boy, I am at 200 this morning, and on the brink of Onederland. Our Biggest Loser challenge at work ends on Friday so I am going to give it my all this week! I had been languishing, but I think I'm back in the groove now.
Got my birthday goal in a few weeks, and a wedding to attend in June so I've got the milestone events in sight. This is what helps!!!

Jfinchster - YUP, me too...lose a few lbs, lose the self-discipline, feel bad, arggh, whassup wid dat?! Grrr, it's human nature. It is such a crappy cycle. I love wine TOO but it's only on weekends now, (OK, well, maybe ONE glass on a weeknight)..but I've really cut back on that quite a bit. I can't drink as much as I used to either. A few weeks ago on a Saturday morning I hit 200, but what did I do? I blew it and went back up to 205 and have been chipping away at this for several days now. DUH DUH DUH!!

Brittany - good for you for keeping track and nice hubby to point things out to you. I always say, "If you can't measure it, you can't manage it." So now you know what doesn't click for you, and you can adjust back to your 20-30 carbs and get back on track.

Slimlizzie - glad your BP meds are working, and YES, good low-glycemic vegetables are a mainstay in my rotation, plus you can eats tons of them.

Vicki - I so agree with Tony, he puts things so well. Oh I hope you find peace and clarity in due time

Everyone else, I wish you a good Monday!
Nancy
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Bec, any chance you're jet lagged? That sounds like my last trip to Paris (which became for me the City of Out-Like-A-Lights ).

Lizzie, sounds like you're doing great! Congrats on the 4 pounds.

Jenny, any chance you're sleep deprived? The last time I had runaway snackers syndrome that turned out to be the culprit.

Tony, your patience with your process is inspiring.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everyone! Took the weekend off and didn't do anything....so many posts -I'm sure I'll miss someone!

Vicki-I'm glad the weekend gave you clarity in making your decision.

Tony-you are always so wise!

Tammy-Wow girlfriend! You've been under it! Yes, I love the weather we are having - especially today and tomorrow

Jenny-post often! We don't care where you are on your journey - we will be here to support you!

I hit a new number and am happy with the progress of my weight loss. Still want to hit 290 before this "round" is over

Marilee
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #507
Senior LCF Member

Tony--I had my best day in the last two weeks yesterday too!!! How weird is that!

I ate very clean and no alchohol. I feel like I'm getting a handle on things and so far today have felt so much better. I just need to get a few clean days under my belt and I will feel in control again. I think it is actually a metabolic thing--with carbs in my system I just crave more carbs. I haven't been binging either but just keep having "slip ups" A handful of tortilla chips--small bowl of popcorn--etc. but it really makes me feel out of control and I've been drinking too much.

So, today is a new day. I'm only a pound over my window today and I swear to you now will go under this week...

So far I've had almond milk and a couple bites of egg

pork spare rib with spice rub--small portion

1 string cheese--1 small slice apple

I will probably have a salad with wild salmon for dinner tonight.

I plan to go swimming with my daughter tonight so that will keep me away from the
wine and I'll get my exercise at the same time.

Thanks so much for the messages everyone--it really means alot to me and helps more than you can know to not feel so alone in this struggle.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #508
Blabbermouth!!!

My August date was the third date scheduled. I think this is telling me something. Originally it was last August, then I wanted it changed to December, then back to this August. Subconsciously, I think I know where this is headed.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:42 AM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Got into the peanuts yesterday and am up another pound today. After taking Mom to church on Sunday and then to the neurologist yesterday she was tired and I was tired. Find that my wilpower is weak when I get too tired. Hope today will be a stronger day.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Best Scales Ever!!

So my new scales are my new best friend.

Weighed in on them for the first time this morning just under 158! It is slightly possible that I lost 4 pounds in a week as it was a post holiday detox, and I got to 160 in Australia but maybe it's just that I got the greatest scales ever! And despite my hunger I have still kept it pretty low carb.

Either way I guess it doesn't really matter as long as there is an overall downward trend. Right?

I will continue using them and occasionally check other scales just in case.
Closed Thread