Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #451
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: binkamom
Stats: 235/226/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 2014
Feeling Guilty

I have been so very remiss in contributing to this community and so I was contemplating finding another group to join (out of embarrassment) however I really relate to the group here and after reading everything I missed - I am staying put! You guys are inspiring!

On another note - I had ordered some of the Dreamfields Pasta and can I just say - it is amazing!!! I have a wonderful recipe for clam linguine - not a white or red sauce - more of a olive oil, clam juice and seasonings sauce. The results with Dreamfields was amazing!!! My fiancee is a diabetic and together we are embracing this lifestyle.

Low carb is a way of life for us now and it is more about feeling well and healthy than attaining any particular weight. I have been able to make incredibly tasty and satisfying meals that are still within low carb guidelines

Love you all! Thanks for being here!!!

Su

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hi Su! I know what you mean about being embarassed for not posting. I am guilty of same. But I love this group so am hanging in there too.

Your clam sauce and linguini sounds delicious. I remember years ago getting together with one of my friends and our favorite meal was clams in a butter garlic sauce over pasta!

Lizzie, my Mom is on atenalol too with no problems. Hope this brings that BP down for good!

Weight this morn is hanging steady. I'd like to stay at this point for awhile so I know it is fat loss and not just water loss. Tried on my favorite khaki pants today. Still a little tight to wear yet. Would like to get back into them before the summer.

Talk to you all later!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
for what it is worth...

what ff started here with these blitzes and what the rest of us have tried to maintain is a different kind of support group...

in this thread, there are no requirements, no rules, no strict ways of eating, and absolutely no judgments...there is more than enough of that everywhere else in our lives...rather, this is a place to come to find friendship, support, understanding and comfort as we struggle with making that final journey to a healthier weight and lifestyle...

we miss you when you don't post and we lose something when you are not here, but we do not ever want any of you to feel embarrassed or like you did not fulfill some obligation by needing to be away from the group, for whatever reason...

we are all human and we deal with our successes and failures in different ways...sometimes we need the support of a group and sometimes we need to be alone...it's hard to soul-search in front of other people...

please know that ff and i and others probably post as often as we do, not just because we are committed to the thread or to each other, but because we failed enough times at this in our lives that we did a LOT of soul-searching before we got here and believe this is our last and best chance to finally succeed...i know i NEED this to be a part of my daily life right now or i couldn't do what i'm doing...if none of you were posting, i'd still be here posting and pretending someone was reading!...i didn't feel that way two years ago and may not two years from now...

so, we love all of you and will be here for any of you who think it might help to be here, whether that means multiple daily posts, or once a week posts or once a month posts, etc...

back su!

abi, what the heck r u doing up at 4:00 a.m.?...new hampshire isn't even open yet!

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 05-04-2011 at 02:59 AM..
Old 05-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

okay, so i get it...now you're all gonna test me by not posting to see if i really will talk to myself!...lol...

well, here goes:
i had a very good day yesterday again and although i haven't been losing, i am feeling very good about myself...i have been eating well and exercising and i feel stronger and more fit...my clothes continue to fit better and i just know i am ready to make an assault on 1derland this month...i have revised my goal, and hope to get below 200 by the end of this blitz...

i will be away for a wedding next week - i'm a groomsman and there are plans that will keep me in the houston area most of the week...whenever i am away, i seem to lose weight...i think it is the increased activity and lack of proximity to a kitchen and snacks...i leave tuesday and return sunday, so i am hoping that will help jumpstart a losing trend, but we'll see...

see ya in a bit...i mean i'll see me in a bit! :-)
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Tony, great posts and funny comments! New Hampshire opens early in Hinsdale. I get up at 3:30 if Bama doesn't start whining to go out before then (yesterday it was 2:15!) and leave to go to Mom's at 4:30. She will often be awake by 5 and be ready to get up. Obviously 8:30 pm is latest for hitting the hay. I have been an early morning person for years. In Gulf Shores I worked two jobs for the last 7 years. I would clean an office from 4am to 6am and then worked at a resort from 7am until 3pm. Crazy!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Morning all!

Su - been thinkin' aboutcha! Glad you posted! I bought some Dreamfield's angel hair pasta. How did you prepare the clam sauce? I would love to try it, and maybe put in some shrimp perhaps! Hubby and me miss pasta and want to re-introduce it.

YES, LC is the way to go! Gluten-free is cool too! As little as possible processed food is way cool. Outer aisles of the supermarket rule.

Aw Tony, you are the BEST at the wordsmithing on this Blitz thread, thank you thank you. I bet you'll look pretty good at the wedding, wearing the rental and all!! Will there be a Bachelor Party? (a la Hangover Part 3? Ha ha).
Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Tony, you are always so inspiring and kind. Your comments are much appreciated.

I'm still working on losing my "load" weight (I know a lot of you don't know or understand the HCG program). Hopefully by the end of this round of drops I'll be down to 290. That would be awesome!!!!!

Our first (of many) 100 degree days today. Here comes summer...wasn't that a song?

Have a wonderful day!

VICKI-get yourself back here!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #458
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
just as a reminder. this is a blog for

encouragement, support, building better eating habits, and accountability. Guilt should not be part of any weight loss program. Guilt is a very fattening emotion. I believe, certainly in my own case, that guilt has packed on more lbs, than sloth and watching tv. we all make mistakes (even trolls). We are not judgemental. All are welcome. FF
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #459

omg, Gibby..100 F?

not for me. i would rather have 100 below. How do u manage? FF
Old 05-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
not for me. i would rather have 100 below. How do u manage? FF
The greatest invention ever - AIR CONDITIONING!!!! 100 is a walk in the park. Wait until we hit 115 and the heat is emanting from the sidewalk, the buildings, cars, etc. It's pretty intense. My response to people who say, "but it's a dry heat" is - so is an oven!!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Su...Long stretches of time pass where I don't post. Sometimes (as you said) because of guilt at not following plan. No one here has ever made me feel lousy about it. These are good people, aren't they?
On that note, I'll see you all next month...
Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #462

just need to tweak something Tony said.

that we are ALL Hewmon. Almost all (nod nod wink wink). Just finished my lunch. Egg salad on a 6 gr bagel. Yes, i have upped my quantity today, cause i needed it. If they were less expensive, I would consume a whole one more often. But $7.00 a pack is a lot for what is essentially dough. They are so good. Tonight, i think, are pork chops, pizzaiola. I am temporarily putting portion control on the back burner. Still recovering from last weekend. 1 pc will not fit the bill. I may consume all 3. FF
Old 05-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
So I just bought some scales on amazon!

I can't wait for them to arrive! Yes I am becoming obsessive but I really like daily weighing even though it's not everyones thing.

I'm in bed before 9pm (won't be breaking curfew tonight) at a hotel away for work (the jetlag finally got to me)

Also proud to say that I've been flawless with eating since arriving home on Monday. Lets hope I get a nice weight loss surprise in the next week or so.

Have a great week everyone. I am loving reading your posts they are so interesting and inspiring to me. I hope i'm not to focused on myself i'm just not blog savvy enough to start replying to everyones post without my head spinning round!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

bec, you're doing great, girl and have been a welcome addition to this blitz!...no need to change a thing, except into smaller clothes!...lol...

ff, i think it's good to eat more at times, if for nothing else than to trip up your body...sorry i called you hewmon!...

abi, you're a nut!...2:15!!!!!...omg!

hi nancy, thanks for the kind words - i'm just smooth-talkin' my harem ;-)

marilee, i'm with ya on the oven comment...i think you're gonna rock this losing phase!...

kbeth, forget what i said - YOU are not allowed to stay away for a month!...lol...

i was at 207 again today...and i had a good day eating-wise...one day at a time, kids!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:17 AM   #465

well, sometimes i forget myself and act like a HEWMON

i had forgotten, that during my last weekend spree, there was a 1/2 gallon container of Friendly's Pistachio ice cream, which was cheaper than a 1 pint container of Ben & Jerry's. I never got around to even tasting it. I was looking for something in the freezer, and there it was...unopened. so I put it in a bag, and walked it over to the incinerator room and dropped it down the chute...ouch!!! If it was any other flavor, it would not have hurt so much. Some things will never change. FF
Old 05-05-2011, 06:22 AM   #466

i feel like a bucket of warm spit...BUT

i do not regret the temporary departure. It just makes me feel all the better after getting back on the horse. I am hoping that Sunday or Monday will be rain free in Atlantic city, for my boardwalk walk. Today, I am going to the WW meeting, but bypassing the scale. I cannot look at ill-omened numbers. FF
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's funny, ff...i avoided the scale today too, which i NEVER do...i have a confession: i broke curfew last night and had beaten myself up enough already!...i will climb on the scale tomorrow no matter what, as it's official weigh-in day and i will not allow myself two passes in a row...

where is everyone else?...
Old 05-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Just got back from the doctor getting my first "chicken shot". Hopefully, it will help.

The scale is slowly moving downward. Whew!!!!!

Need to get to work. Have a great day!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #469

i have already broken curfew 3 times(since 3/9/11) before your 1.

the exception proves the rule. The point is that it works. And, once the weather gets warmer, i will be outside right after dinner, either walking or just sitting and reading, or listening to my walktroll. I am sure u will have it easier as well. I more apt to stay on plan during the hot weather. I drink more water, and eat less food. Well, back to woik!!! FF
Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
That was actually supposed to be a joke...

after typing "see you all next month" I was immediately going to post with a "just kidding", but my computer locked up! O-well, it's not the first punch line I've fumbled.

As I was going to say yesterday...
I'm going to start working out again today with some gentle Callanetics. I have missed working up a sweat and getting a nice dose of endorphins, but I have to be respectful of what my body can and cannot do. I am working on gratitude.

It's my little guy's birthday this week, and I have to admit that during the baking I've had a bite of this and a taste of that. I am doing my best to let it end there!!!!!

Have a healthy LC day everyone!!
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:30 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, FF - that had to really hurt to throw that iced cream down the chute. I cannot tell you how many times over the years I talked myself into finishing up things like that because I didn't want them to be wasted. It took me a long time to learn to just throw it away. I'm proud of you!

Marilee, hope the shots will work to get rid of that knee pain and happy the scale is going in the right direction.

Beth, how old is your little guy going to be?

My sister and I took Mom to the hairdresser's this morning so I am just starting to drink my 8 glasses of water. It's tough when I spread them over a morning and afternoon but now I have to guzzle them all in about 4 hours if I don't want to be up all night! Had leftover pork, hamburg, eggs and cheese yesterday. Put pot roast in crock pot this morn and have had eggs, cheese and a cube steak so far today. I feel a salt gain for tomorrow from the pot roast seasoning. It really penetrates the meat so you can't just rinse it off. Oh, well time will tell. Weight is holding steady today.

Hope all are doing well today!

Tony, you have done so well on your curfew so don't go and and get on to yourself for breaking it last night. We certainly all have those week moments from time to time. Hope the weigh in goes well!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Bec, congrats on actually losing on vacation. That's amazing!

Lizzie, the DASH diet and other complementary medicine things can actually help your medication, so it definitely doesn't have to be an either/or proposition.

Has anyone here ever been struck with vegetable mania? I swear it's not a carb thing, but I just can't seem to get enough vegetables. I had mushrooms with my eggs at breakfast, greens with my chicken at lunch. Then I made a big pan of roasted vegetables (purple cabbage, turnips, carrots, sweet vidalia onions, fennel seed, garlic), so I'd have vegies ready all week -- and I ate 2 cups of the mix for supper, with a little ACV and a tsp of the olive oil/schmaltz mix from the chicken. It was absolutely fabulous. And that was all I had for supper. I've been eating vegies for supper every night this week. What the hey?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys, great to see i wasn't alone in here :-)

kbeth, i knew you were joking, and i was joking back!...guess i'm the one who flubbed the punchline!...lol...

marilee, good luck with the shot and congrats on losing (that sure sounds weird)...

ff, thanks for making me feel better...i started the curfew with an exemption for 2 nights a week and haven't ever used them, so technically...lol...

abi, thanks to you too for the support...btw, i'm having the same problem with not making time to drink enough...i gotta work on that...

hey shadows, i WISH i craved vegetables!...

i had a so-so day today...ate on plan but am so busy at work that i am not eating enough during the day and am starving at night, AND i know better!...
Old 05-06-2011, 02:17 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I didn't get my 8 glasses of water in but did manage to drink 6. The pot roast was delicious and didn't cause a sodium spike.

Got a little exercise in on my afternoon off.(My sister takes over on Thursdays at lunch and stays the rest of the day at Mom's) We have had a patch of berry bushes in the back yard that were here when we moved in back in 2008. They are very invasive and never produced any berries so I cut them all down yesterday between rain showers. Kept thinking about ticks Tony. When do you have your blood test?
Old 05-06-2011, 04:42 AM   #475

ere i forget: HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY, BLITZERS!!!

The weather for Sunday threatens no precipitation. So, barring any circumstances foreseen or unforeseen, i am going to A.C. on Sunday. My (earth)mom always enjoyed going there, so i am sure she will be there to cheer me on, on the boardwalk, and in the casino. My computer at home is on the fritz. i cannot access the web. I cannot deal with it now. i will wait until after the 15th,on which day I am taking my (earth)brother, his wife and her mom to Fiorentino's Italian restaurant in Bklyn. We used to go there several times a year when we were all here. I will allow myself 1 glass wine, 1 espresso (with a shot of anisette), and a piece of anniversary cake. I will get to goal 1 day later than anticipated , which is to say, i did not really anticipate a particular goal date at all. It would be interesting to be able to look into the future and see how i will have progressed by 4/1/13. But even i cannot do that...yet. I am not taking Tues off as planned. I will use that vacation day another time. So let us all have as on-plan a weekend as possible. Bkfst today: 2 oz kraft xtra sharp cheddar. Lunch: tuna salad on last 1/2 of low carb bagel (until i have the opportunity of ordering more). Dinner:??? Staying extremely vlc(under 5 grams) until Fiorentino's, then the same for a few days afterward, then gradually adding back a few grams until i am back to 15-20 range. Better get some Metamucil, eh? FF
Old 05-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

What is up? I need to vent and some advice on my weird day!!!

I am having the strangest day ever! I am absolutely exhausted, I am working from home and need to take a nap like every 20 minutes because my eyes aren't staying open.

I ate 2 quest protein bars before midday and just cooked up some bolognese sauce and ate almost all of it (I think nearly a pound of meat was in there). How disgusting?!!!?

So weird but on plan I guess! I don't know. What kind of plan is that?

Anyway this is probably normal in the scheme of things. I'm just hoping I'm not this tired for the weekend. Also I am glad my boss hasn't called me today as it's been the most unproductive day ever!!

Maybe I need a walk but I don't want to go out. Hmmmmm.

Anyway just wanted to share my day with you guys.

Hope you are all doing well.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Bec! Sorry you are feeling so exhausted. Every so often I feel that way and will make myself a cup of regular coffee.( I mostly drink 1/2 reg. 1/2 decaf) It usually helps get me perked up. Hope you feel better as the day goes on!

How do you like your new scales?
Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Hey Abigale. Thanks for the message. I am feeling a little better. I got off my butt and cleaned my room and took a walk to the grocery store. I am less tired it's nearly 9pm here and I just had some SF Jello but that's it for the day for me! Maybe a cup of peppermint tea if I stay up late.

I love that regular coffee is like your cheat now. It's so funny how our minds change.

The scales haven't arrived yet! I wish they had. I will be sure to report my current weight as soon as they arrive.

Hope you all have had/having a good friday.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #479
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Bec! Glad you are feeling better. I have never been much of a tea drinker but peppermint tea sounds delicious.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hi everyone,

I'm not doing so great right now--I get on plan for a couple days and then have a slip up--beat myself up over it, get back on plan and then drink too much wine, beat myself up, have a couple good days and then eat popcorn, etc. I honestly don't know what's wrong with me right now. Fortunately I'm only about 2lbs over my window as of today but that is about 8lbs up from my pre vacation low. I looked/felt alot better with those 8lbs off but I can't seem to get into a groove. I told myself I would take a break from weightloss but it seems to me my body only knows how to gain weight or lose it--I have a really hard time maintaining. I'm struggling like crazy now to not gain...

Maybe I just need to post here everyday, no matter what happens? I come and read quite a bit but feel like I'm doing so poorly that I don't want to bring the group down, as I don't have alot positive to report right now. I mean it's not like I'm stictly adhering to plan and not losing which I would be more than happy to talk about...I'm just letting myself slip.

So far today I've eaten well,

Had a small shrimp/egg salad about 11:30--

had some smoked salmon and hard boiled egg at 1 p.m.

I have steak and green beans planned for dinner.
Closed Thread