Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brittany80
Stats: 252/241.4/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 2/2011-Really counting 3/2011
Hi Everyone-
Seems like it is proving to be a productive busy week. I am doing good but havent weighed myself this week. I am trying not to let the scale predict all of my progress. I have been staying low carb, however, due to this week being one of those women issue week I want to eat more. I feel starved! My two shakes havent been happening. Trying not to be hard on myself but pushing for less food intake tomorrow. I know watching my calories really helps. Hanging in there. Hope everyone else is as well

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
i get days like that too, Brittany.

And I cannot blame it on TOM. On such days, i up my calories, and lower my carbs even further. If i had to choose between getting to goal, and going w/o hunger...I would choose the latter. Of course, on ATKINS, I can have my metaphorical & low carb cake and eat it too. The proof is that i am still following plan after 1 year and 20 days. I cannot follow a low fat/low calorie plan for more than 24 hours. So, steady as she goes, Brittany. I, btw, am the only being that does not know the date of the royal wedding. When, By Hera, is it? FF
Old 04-20-2011, 05:01 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey sis, i smile every time you post...and you're not "old" jenny, you're "original" jenny :-) i've missed you...

i completely understand where you're at, and i want to suggest that you not beat yourself up for the way you are feeling...first, you are not as overweight as some of us, you are very physically active and eat healthy, so from a health perspective, you are not "resting" in a dangerous place...

second, i believe that we all go through phases, and i think it is physiologically based, where we lose for a while and then need to accept periods where we do not...the trick is not to gain too much back during those rest periods and not to slip back into unhealthy habits...it seems like you have a good handle on that...i would set a range of your low plus ten pounds and commit to stay within that range, if you can...that way, when you are motivated to lose again, you will not have too far to go to get to "virgin" territory...

and that motivation WILL come...it may be the approach of tankini season that gets you going! ;-)

and remember, you spent a solid 6 months unbelievably motivated to lose and YOU DID IT!...it's only been 2 months since your trip, so for what it is worth, i think you have done AMAZINGLY WELL!!!...

love ya, kid...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 04-20-2011 at 05:05 AM..
Old 04-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Morning all,

I'm down 1.5 so OnederLand just might happen this month, YA THINK? And with virtually NO EXERCISE except a few strolls around the neighborhood. I am eating well & plenty folks, and taking A, C, D, Calcium, Zinc at the moment. The healing vitamins...
Had nice glass of wine w/dinner last night (baked salmon & low glycemic veg)

Got email from work lady who runs the "Biggest Loser" as I missed weigh-in last Friday. I am going to stick to my guns and shoot for progress this Friday. I am going to my art class this morning, then to work in the PM for 1/2 day. Then tomorrow will be 1/2 AM work, then post-op appt at 2pm...then a full day on Friday. Should be quiet at work as the Easter weekend approaches...

Jfinchester (Jenny right?) gosh, I so know how you are feeling. For years and years with me it would be also be too much food for dinner, 2-3 glasses of wine. The light that comes on is different for everyone. Maybe try 1 glass wine per night, practice portion control and knock off any white food in the evening.

I wish I was following my advice years ago, blows my mind that it took me so long to get my act together but what's now and what's today and tomorrow is what counts.

Marilee, good luck with doc appt for your knee!

Everyone else, be good, drink your water, eat wisely!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hello Everyone

Sounds like it's been a bit up and down for all across the last couple of days.

I've still been having a great time food wise but gone a little off plan but completely conciously and by choice. Last night I had about 1/4 glass of red wine with dinner (first drink since March 7th) and today I ate chocolate! First time in 50 days. I am actually really not bothered about it. It was not an emotional decision (as it so often has been). I am leaving Australia on Friday and have been wanting to eat my favourite childhood chocolates the whole time but waited until the end. I had 100gms which is a lot but I truly feel glad as I felt partly this whole countdown from my last chocolate was a ticking time bomb and now I feel no pressure and also no desire to eat it again for a while (but i will not count the days again). I really feel that this is becoming a way of living. It's so easy to leave my bread on the plate etc when eating out that now I can't imagine not doing it.

I like to check in though and tell you all about my chocolate eating experience just so if it happens again I will have a record. But I think it'll be a little while as it wasn't overly exciting. I actually find atkins bars a big treat if I really want something sweet and I only have them once every couple of weeks.

I am not worried about the scales but will weigh in Friday morning before I fly to Thailand as a record of my pre and post Australia weight.

Will keep you posted.

Hope you all have a great day/night!

Bec
Old 04-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi everyone!...sounds like you are all in a good place psychologically, which is such a big part of this whole process...

brittany, you seem to have a calmer, more serene and great attitude about the journey you are on and i think that will help immensely...

nancy, so happy to see you up and about!...don't overdo the work thing as your body has been through a lot...and congrats on the 1.5 lbs...i'm hovering around 208, so you blew past me on your way to 1derland, and i am proud of you!... :-)

ff, you have a lot more willpower than you give yourself credit for!...i know how much you have "deprived" yourself over this past year, but you have a great attitude about it, and yes, i know, you don't FEEL deprived with dr. atkins' plan...

bec, you are doing so awesome, girl!!!...absolutely don't feel badly about the chocolate or anything else...the fact that you have handled this trip so well is a huge testament to your will and dedication to this change...good for you...have a safe trip!...

speaking of 208, i seem to have found a new, heavier, plateau, but again, I CHOSE IT and i am not frustrated at all...like original jenny, i just have not been in a place where i am motivated to lose right now...i am 6 lbs. over my all-blitz low and am drawing the line there...so 208 is my ceiling, and i will do what i have to to stay at or below it...

i am predicting that my motivation is just around the corner...it will start with a couple of low cal days - once i get those under my belt, i should be okay...

i would like to be as close to 200 as possible by the time i leave for my buddy's wedding in houston the second week in may, so we'll see...

hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
marilee, was it a total hip replacement?...it is such radical surgery, as they cut your femur off about halfway down your thigh...ouch!...lol...

hope everyone is having a good day...i was up to 208 today - the salt was worse than i thought!...having baked salmon tonight...
Yep - total
Old 04-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #308

got some good eats in the cafeteria just now.

tilapia, for now. corned beef for AFTER weigh-in tomorrow. stir-fry veggies for tonite. will it be...yes...ONE PORK CHOP, which i will slice thin and toss in with the veggies. In the 8-9 pm hour, just prior to curfew. It's gonna be good. After the laundry, i will sample the 1 gr net gefilte fish with 1/2 tsp horseradish so i am not over-hungry for the main course . This is living!!! btw my sodium consumption window is from Thurs 1PM (weigh-in is high noon)thru just before bedtime Sun nights. Then Mon thru Thur noon is lo-so. FF
Old 04-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinchster View Post
Just checking in--it's old Jenny (not sure I like the sound of that!)

Tony, you're so kind to ask after me.

I'm hanging in there but barely--not been losing and really struggling not to gain...my weight has been bouncing all around but I seem to be keeping it within a 4lb range and am still up about 5-7lbs from my low earlier in February...

My problem is that I'm drinking wine and eating too much (especially at dinner.) I need to get into the headspace of losing but am having a hard time with it right now. I mostly really want to make sure I'm not gaining which is hard enough. I am eating on plan about 90% of the time but the overeating and 10% of bites of this and that are what is causing me problems.

Each day I begin with, "Today I'm going to get back on track in the losing mode" but it seems to derail itself one way or the other....

I have been keeping my exercise up and am eating healthy foods, just too much of them...

I keep checking in here, reading your posts and waiting for the switch to flip if you know what I mean.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Ditto for me too Jenny, although the foods I am eating aren't on plan though. We can get back on track, I know it will happen. I just don't know when. Only I can change my behavior.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, i've never had gefilte fish - what have i been missing?...

been a good day so far, now all i need is a good night!...lol...actually, with the curfew, all i need is a good three hours, but i can do quite a bit of damage in three hours!...
Old 04-20-2011, 07:31 PM   #311

u have been missing a lot, Tony.

It is popular with non-Jews as well. U want to look for the brand name ROKEACH. 2 total grams per portion & doing the math, 1 net gram (as there is 1 gram of fiber. Of course horseradish is de rigeur with it. But check labels to make sure. 1 tsp is more than enough for 2 pieces of the GF. However, when I got home, there was laundry to be done, & Seinfeld & Jeopardy to watch. So, I wound up eating the remaining chinese ribs w/o bbq sauce of course BEFORE curfew. Tomorrow is weigh-in. I know I was as good as gold. However, I have learned to never try to 2nd guess the SCALE GOD. Wish me luck. FF
Old 04-21-2011, 04:12 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks for the review on the fish...i'll have to try it sometime...and best of luck with the scale today... :-)

i've been craving salt all week - don't know why but i'm certain i'll be up 4 lbs. this week when i weigh in tomorrow, with some of it being water...

it's so much fun losing the same weight 4 or 5 times!!!! :-)
Old 04-21-2011, 04:29 AM   #313
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, here goes:

B- 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, mushrooms and onions, cheese scrambled: coffee, cream

L-Leftover green bean dish and chicken cauli Italian casserole, veggies

S-Chicken polish sausage and salad.

Lets see what happens.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:36 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea, vicki!!!!!!...welcome to the fun!...lol...
Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #315

bkfst: hazelnut coffee(no decaf available this week) & Faygo Choc. soda. LUNCH: about 6 oz corned beef (after weigh-in). DINNER: cheeseburgers and veggie stirfry. (gosh, why do i always feel fat on Thursdays?) FF
Old 04-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, that's so funny - i feel fat on fridays!...lol...

b:1 fried egg
l: 1/2 turkey cheeseburger
s: 2-3 ea of assorted unsalted nuts
d: no idea

weighed in at 207 today - don't know how i am one pound lighter than yesterday as i was naughty with the salt again last night...but it has had the effect of motivating me to have a clean, salt-free day today...

may play a round of golf with my son later this afternoon - i'm excited about getting outside and moving around!...
Old 04-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #317

The INCREDIBLY (no...modestly, really)shrinking troll.

another 1.4 lbs off the keester for a total of 74.4 lbs to date. I will REALLY, REALLY, REALLY try to get in some walking after work. But no guarantees. i am really exhausted now. I must allow myself a caffeine overload this evening. FF
Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Great job FF! You are incredible! You're motivation is unshakeable.

Thank you for your responses everyone. I can't tell you the difference it makes to me to have a place I can come to and be honest about what I'm feeling/doing and get the support I need.

Tony, thank you for reminding me I am in a very good place health wise right now--my cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. are all very good and I have no health issues at all. I love the way you can always help me feel more positive and better about my situation.

I would like to be 20 to 30 lbs thinner than what I am, but I realize it is going to take a concentrated effort to get there--I have been eating quite well and am figuring out a maintience diet for my current weight. When I lose the extra pounds I will need to eat less (carbs and probably calories) to maintain that weightloss and of course I will need to eat alot less carbs and probably calories to get there.

In the meantime I'm keeping up my exercise --which will only increase as the weather improves and my daughter gets out of school, as we do alot of outdoor fun in the summertime.

These last few days have actually gone pretty well for me and I'm feeling better, plus the scale has dropped down a bit!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jenny, i'm happy if anything i ever say makes you feel the least bit better...you know how much you have helped me, and i wouldn't be where i am right now if you had not supported me last summer when i was just about ready to give up... ;-) btw, i still think it is sooo funny how we always seem to be in similar places on this journey...except of course when you are dropping lbs. left and right and i am misbehaving ;-)

i agree with everything you said, and the fact that you are able to be as active as you are, and that your blood work results are excellent, proves that you are doing so so much exactly right...those extra lbs. will come off, but you can always do it in stages and during periods when you feel like the time is right... it seems clear to me that you have found a healthy, moderate woe - i really am proud of you...

FF, YOU ROCK DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am having a good day so far...i could use a good night tonight :-)

Last edited by tony8; 04-21-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Got into some candy at work and wheat thins this afternoon at home. Plan to continue with supper previously posted. A huge goal for me tomorrow is to NOT go to the break room in the morning for goodies. Fridays are treat day at work and this whole school year I have gone and had forbidden treats.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecinUK
Hi Everyone!

Just checking in on my last day in Australia to let you know I am down 1 pound total since the start of my vacation. Very happy with this result. I have been eating such amazing meals but not snacking.

Now looking forward to a beautiful 10 sunny days in Thailand until back to reality!

Take care everyone and keep up the motivation!

Bec
Old 04-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #322

glad to see everyone is doing well.

i love it when my food gives me an aftertaste. it is like getting a free meal. i just finished 4...yes...4 cheeseburgers (i used 1/2 the cheese i used to-i just halved each of 2 slices. 1 thin slice of tom on each one, and divided 1 thin onion slice to garnish the boys AND about 1 Tlow carb ketchup (Heinz) divided among the 4 boys. I washed it down with water. I am saving a FAYGO choc soda for later. Easter Sunday, I am letting my hair down. Gonna have a big breakfast before mass at an eatery near the church (St Agnes-they do the mass in Latin, and lunch at the Vegas Diner in Bklyn. It will, hopefully, have stopped raining by the time I will have finished lunch. I intend to overdo the coffee, so that I will be antsy enough to walk home. I did not do well in the exercise department this week. I am sure that will change soon. Let me wish all our Blitzers a very happy Easter, as well as the balance of Passover. I am pleased to say that I am low carb starch free through Tuesday. FF
Old 04-22-2011, 05:04 AM   #323
Blabbermouth!!!

I wish I could report that I finished out the day yesterday on plan, but I can't. Start over again today.

B: Green smoothie with on plan ingredients
L: veggies, protein, cheese, lettuce sandwich
D: Chicken bratwurst, salad
Old 04-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #324
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hello all,

My post-op went well, it was a benign follicular adenoma. No further action required. I am so thankful, and so appreciate all the prayers and well-wishes from so many. I am going to walk at lunchtime, yay!

FF - congrats on your loss! Great job!
Jenny - good on you too!
BecinUK - ahhh, Thai food next, how wonderful!
Vicki - avoid avoid avoid the break room!!! Don't blow it!!
Tony - hope you got out for some nice golf! I usually just watch it on TV...

OK - Biggest Loser Challenge at work: I've lost 12.2 lbs since March 4. That is 5.68%. Three more weeks to go.

Hubby won the boy's Chubb Off at his work, he is down 30 lbs. And his co-worker gal won the girl's Chubb Off. So with the $$$, we are all going out to Ship to Shore in Newfields NH tomorrow night, yeah baby. World's best Lobster Bisque for my starter, and main course could be the duck, hmmmmm.

Today's B: 3oz salmon 1 c sauteed spinach
L: leftover grilled swordfish, salad from home, walk
D: probably filet on grill, salad, green beans. I am celebrating.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #325

so relieved u are up and about, Live Free NH

i think these work place Biggest Loser Challenges would be a great idea at our AT WORK WW meetings. We can each contribute $5 or 10$ and give the $ to our leader to "bank". Then, at the end of our 17 week run, (there are about 13 weeks left), whoever scores the greatest % wins the cash. I do not expect to come in the money, because my weight losses are so gradual. But, if greed will help those who are struggling, it will be well worth it. FF
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Hi everyone!

Nancy that is such great news about your post-op!!! Indeed you should celebrate, your evening dounds divine!!

Well, I survived the retreat...sort of. I'm up a few pounds, I weighed at 222 this morning!! I avoided the pizza, that left me with lettuce and potato skins. I had a turkey wrap instead of a sandwich with bread....but still there were just too many carby traps for too many days in a row and just no real easy options. Oh well...it is what it is and now it's over. So I'm right there with Vicki....today I start over!

Bec, I am so amazed that you go on holiday and LOSE weight...WOW!!

Tony, looks like you did a good job keeping the Harem occupied...as usual!

FF, I think you have a great idea about adding a biggest loser challenge to your WW group....I'll bet your group would love that.

How's everyone else doing??

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Made it to Onederland 7/1/14!!!
199 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #327

just had a great lunch.

chicken. 3 small pieces from the cafeteria. saving the veggies (5 carb gr worth for tonight). After the holiday, i will be talking to the head nutritionist about the feasibility of ordering sugar free pastries and low carb pastries (esp the cheesecake)from the Tasty Pastry Shoppe here in Bklyn. Perhaps they can cut him a deal. This IS, after all, a not for profit institution. We shall see what happens. So looking fwd to 4:30pm/quitting time. FF
Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #328
Blabbermouth!!!

Another day I didn't make it, see Marilee, what is the point?
Old 04-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NANCY!!!!!...i am so so happy for you...nothing else matters when your health is up in the air...btw, never heard of that restaurant, but it sounds yummy!...

bec, congrats on doing 1000 times better than i ever would have done on a trip like that!...have fun in thailand... :-)

ff, i can't figure out if you're a jewish guy who likes latin masses, or a catholic guy who likes gefilte fish...not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

vicki, great menu - STAY STRONG!

tammy, good job making sure the damage was limited - kudos!!!...being in that situation is impossible...great attitude and i'm sure you'll be back in the groove in a few days... :-)

well, i officially weighed in at 207 today - up 3 lbs and no one to blame but myself...not at all bothered by it...i have set a ceiling at 208 and stayed at or below it - while i am in this rather unmotivated phase, i will not compromise on that ceiling...if i go over that, i will live with deprivation!...

off to swing my golf clubs with one of my boys...talk to y'all a bit later!

Last edited by tony8; 04-22-2011 at 02:54 PM..
Old 04-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #330

truth is, Tony... I am eclectic.

i am inspired by many diverse expressions of faith on your world & others, past and present. There is one thing that offends me...when people commit wanton and gratuitous acts of violence in the name of their god. Then it is not religion, but their own evil impulses. Today, it is raining cats and dogs. However, as long as my ceiling is not leaking, I do not care. I am sipping a big black coffee (my only one today, btw), and then I am going to put a dry rub on tonight's shell steak. I hope tomorrow, I can get a 2 hour window from the rain, for some serious walking. FF
Closed Thread