Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Woot! A kbeth sighting ! Good to have you back, girl !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeth View Post
Anywho, issues with meds and a good bout of depression that followed it has put me to an all-time high weight. I am darn close to where I was when I gave birth 4 years ago.

I hated having to type this...I don't want anybody to feel as tho they have to reply "that's okay, you can do it this time". I, too, am tired of me not being able to keep a commitment. So, I'm going to just start up again...give support and share victories big and small. Do me a favor and pretend I've been here all along, okay??
So sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time of it health-wise over the last few months. Please don't beat yourself up about gaining some weight - it's understandable that you've had other priorities over recent months, so just be kind to yourself starting now.

And you haven't failed to keep up a commitment! This is Blitz number IV, and as I recall, you've been here for all the previous three , as well as this one. Putting scale weight aside, given your circumstances, just coming here and posting as and when you can demonstrates that you absolutely are commited. So good for you !

I hope I don't bring the tone of the thread down by briefly talking about my experience of depression - it's done in the spirit of trying to help by sharing experiences. I had to give up work in October 2009 through depression, didn't want to face the world, and was in a very difficult place. It took me another six months to get to a point where I could make a decision that I needed to be kind to myself and just take things a day at a time.

Coupled with starting to eat low-carb whole food; forcing myself (and it really was forcing myself !) to take some form of exercise each morning (initially walking for half an hour at a brisk pace), genuinely helped to lift my mood and positively reinforce the fact that I was trying to take steps to improve my wellbeing.

Focusing on health and exercise, rather than just food and weight, has really helped me with the depression (though I still have 'low mood' quite frequently and do fear another bout of depression - have just started taking 5HTP and bought one of those light therapy thingys to try and mitigate).

Had I put too much emphasis on weight and the scales, I think I'd have associated that very directly with either 'success' or 'failure'. Any perceived 'failure' (eating slightly off plan, a stall, or re-gaining a few lbs) could have sent me on a very negative path / emotional downward spiral... so I chose to ignore the scale. I weigh very infrequently, and just try to focus on staying on plan for today and prioritising my overall wellbeing.

Sorry for rambling on ! I hope you find what works for you. Great to have you back, kbeth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
hey kbeth, all i'm gonna say is you've been such a huge source of support for me over these blitzes...i owe you a lot and i love ya, kid...
Ditto !

Last edited by clanger; 01-10-2011 at 12:46 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 04:49 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
IT IS TRUE, I ADMIT IT...I PIGGED OUT YESTERDAY!!!

on compact discs. J&R Music World (NYC) had one of their all label sales. I am too embarrassed to tell you what a spent, but I SAVED quite a lot. There were several discs that I had planned on getting, such as Juan Diego Florez' Christmas album entitled SANTO, as well as an album of Bellini and Donizetti arias incl one of my faves from La Fille du Regiment-"Ah! mes Amis". Plus there was a lot more. It was like that expensive jacket that Seinfeld bought, and ruined in the rain. ( I am not taking my cds out in the rain). I think, changing the subject, that perhaps we are putting too much pressure on ourselves with this DO OR DIE New Years Resolution type of, well, resolution. Let us, rather, think about taking smaller steps, rather than drastic action all at once. I said that for the following 7 days, there would be no diet soda, or low carb hot chocolate for me. Well, I broke that rule, because, it was either that, or call out for delivery. Clanger, if pubs are your thing, then perhaps, you can work out a deal with yourself to enjoy the pub experience from time to time, without it being too much of a sacrifice to your low carb woe. Sometimes, we just have to sit down, and rethink how to work our plans to GET IT ALL IN. It is a lifetime plan, the loss and the maintaining. So, I am going to be very conservative with my diet soda, and my low carb HC, but, by the Heavenly Twins, I am going to have it! So good to see u back, Kbeth, and all of us.(THE DENTIST AWAITS THIS AFTERNOON... oh help!!!) Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Happy Morning all!

Welcome Laura in MT, Billy Brave, Alicken, et al and let's rock this day!

Congrats Marilee on entering a new decade!! Wowwee!

FF- sounds like a good treat you did for yourself!

I did pretty good over the weekend, went to gym both days for 90 min total.
Foodwise, pretty good too. Workin' towards Friday weigh-in....

OK, must run...stay the course everyone!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
clanger, thanks for sharing that - i know it helps me to hear what others have struggled with and how they fought back...i appreciate it...

i agree with ff - when i started blitzing, i was a bit overly ambitious - it was a pattern i had followed in previous attempts at weight loss...i have learned to be more patient and conservative...i'm not trying to tell you not to attack your good health plans aggressively, but i would not COUNT ON anything greater than a 1/2 to 1 lb. loss a week on average...if you are a long distance from goal, shoot for the higher end of that range, and if you are within 25-35 lbs. of goal, be satisfied with the lower end...

anything more than that is a bonus and extremely difficult to sustain...so don't beat yourself up...and gaining here and there is part of the process of losing...we can't be "good" all the time - just try to limit the damage to one snack, or one meal, or one day and then start over and on-plan the next meal...and if it goes beyond that and you have a bad week or month or few months, so what?!...we're human and we're making a lifetime change...i know i've needed to make some mistakes along this journey in order to understand what worked for me...we all have to find what works for us and that takes more than a stoic adherence to someone else's idea of what we should be doing - in my opinion...

so, everyone who is here today is committed and supportive and trying - that is the key - we are all trying and that's all that matters...i may need you guys to talk me off a ledge tomorrow, so i'm gonna take care of you today! :-)

love you guys...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 01-10-2011 at 10:17 AM..
Old 01-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

having a good day so far...my weird menu has been:
b: black olives, cucumber slices and 2 cherry tomatoes
l: hb egg
s: 6 pistachios
and will be:
d: broiled chicken

at 211 today...keep forgetting to take the acv - missed yesterday and so far today - i'm starting to think that the 207 was due to the diuretic effect of the acv and now i've added back a few lbs. of fluid...

i'm happy i've got til friday to get to my weekly goal of 208...it seems doable...
:-)
Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #186

wasn't hungry to day, and edgy over dentist visit.

just had my x-rays. quite a lot of work to be done. However, as I cannot deal with the co-pay, a great deal of it will have to sit on the back burner till next year. Nothing hurts, until the dentist will start fiddling with it. I will probably have the gum treatment, cavities filled and a cleaning. Everything else will just have to wait. Tonight is the steak. That WON'T wait. Any vitamins that might help with oral hygiene, gums in particular? FF
Old 01-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
clanger, thanks for sharing that - i know it helps me to hear what others have struggled with and how they fought back...i appreciate it...
Thanks - the anonymity of the internet can be quite liberating and cathartic in some ways! It's not anything that I'd ever speak about in real life (stiff upper lip and all that !).

Quote:
i agree with ff - when i started blitzing, i was a bit overly ambitious - it was a pattern i had followed in previous attempts at weight loss...i have learned to be more patient and conservative...i'm not trying to tell you not to attack your good health plans aggressively, but i would not COUNT ON anything greater than a 1/2 to 1 lb. loss a week on average...if you are a long distance from goal, shoot for the higher end of that range, and if you are within 25-35 lbs. of goal, be satisfied with the lower end...
I'd agree with that also. I had originally 'hoped' to lose at a rate of 2lbs per week. In reality I've managed my expectations down to hope for about 1lb per week on average. I try to be quite laid back about it - the time will pass anyway, so as long as it's coming off in the long term, I'll get there eventually. Doesn't stop me wanting to wake up one morning and find all the weight miraculously gone, though !

Quote:
we all have to find what works for us and that takes more than a stoic adherence to someone else's idea of what we should be doing - in my opinion...
That's a very good point, tony8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
I think, changing the subject, that perhaps we are putting too much pressure on ourselves with this DO OR DIE New Years Resolution type of, well, resolution. Let us, rather, think about taking smaller steps, rather than drastic action all at once. I said that for the following 7 days, there would be no diet soda, or low carb hot chocolate for me. Well, I broke that rule, because, it was either that, or call out for delivery. Clanger, if pubs are your thing, then perhaps, you can work out a deal with yourself to enjoy the pub experience from time to time, without it being too much of a sacrifice to your low carb woe. Sometimes, we just have to sit down, and rethink how to work our plans to GET IT ALL IN. It is a lifetime plan, the loss and the maintaining. So, I am going to be very conservative with my diet soda, and my low carb HC, but, by the Heavenly Twins, I am going to have it! So good to see u back, Kbeth, and all of us.(THE DENTIST AWAITS THIS AFTERNOON... oh help!!!) Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
I think you make a very good point, ff. If we are to see this as a lifetime plan for becoming and remaining healthy, then we have a responsibility to ourselves to make it work within the context of our day to day lives. I do allow myself a little flexibility at weekends with red wine and eating out, and I think this has helped me to remain on plan so far, albeit with slower losses than I'd have experienced had I not chosen to do this.

Good luck at the dentist, ff !
Old 01-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #188
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
clanger, you have quite the sense of humor LOL.

FF, words of wisdom in your last post. What are Heavenly Twins?

I have chicken roasting in the oven right now, yummy.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

clanger, i'm with ya...the streets are littered with the bloated bodies of folks who looked at weight-loss as a quick proposition, deprived themselves a lot for a relatively short period of time, lost some weight, and then went back to the behavior that caused the excess weight to start with...i know, because i've been one of those bloated bodies for the past 20 years!...

if we look at it differently - more like an evolution of habits - away from those that are unhealthy and toward those that are - while maintaining the ultimate goal which is good health ALONG WITH HAPPINESS, then i think it will make more sense for us to take a steady but moderate approach...

it took me over 20 years to get fat - why shouldn't it take me 2 years to get fit???...sounds like a silly question, right?...

i think it's part of this vicious cycle for us to think poorly of ourselves and to flog ourselves for every slip - i believe those slips are not evidence of misbehavior as much as they are evidence of us being human...and i don't think we should expect that we can be gods while we pursue healthier habits...just my humble opinion :-)

so let's keep trying, and let's keep supporting each other's efforts, and let's try to set reasonable goals so we do not become disappointed and sad and beat ourselves up...that's my story and i'm stickin' to it!...

:-)

good to see ya, vicki!

Last edited by tony8; 01-10-2011 at 04:11 PM..
Old 01-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #190
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 197/175.5/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2011
Hi everyone, They say you burn 50% more calories when you are out in the cold.....boy do I hope that is true!!

It was -15F when I got to work this morning and I work outside all day....
This morning I weighed myself in the buff, then I put my work clothes and my heavy steel toed boots on....they weigh an extra 20 lbs!!!!!
Dang no wonder I am worn out by the time I get home!

That just makes me think of how great I will feel to shed my extra lbs., how much easier it will be to move, climb, and walk......this really motivates me!

To those of you with medical issues....we do what we can do.....don't beat yourself up if you are not perfect in every aspect of you life, every time we do not succeed, we learn, and improve.
I have MS and fatigue easily, that is why I have not started my yoga yet....I will, when I can, but in the mean time I am doing GREAT just to have stayed on the food plan for 4 days!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Ah, so nice to have some time now to read all the inspiring words here.

Tony, you give me such a visual with the bloated inference, gawd!

SO here is my 'hopefully' inspiring visual that I kind of equate to this healthy eating lifestyle and weight loss road ...

I remember when I was a child and a huge hill seemed like a mountain. And walking up a hill would seem endless. I would watch the top of the hill as I climbed upward, and not feel like I was gaining ground. So I would play a game with myself, and I would keep looking down at my feet for minutes at a time. I would watch one foot go in front of the other, over and over, head down, one foot after the other...after a while I would look up and AH, the top of the hill would be ever so close, and closing in. OK, so it's the daily grind on a long road but hey, eventually we'll get there.

What is your visual?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
I've heard weight loss equated to removing sheets off a roll of papertowels. You don't notice 2 or 3 sheets but eventually the roll gets alot smaller...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:01 AM   #193

The Heavenly Twins are Kastor & Polydeukes...

in Latin, they are Castor & Pollux, brothers of Helen (of Troy, formerly of Sparta) & Klytaimnestra wife of Agamemnon. They were placed up in the sky. You may know them better as the Constellation GEMINI. When I got home last night, my steak was hard as a rock again, even though it was on the top shelf of the fridge. Just as well. I put it back in the freezer. I had salmon instead. I did say I was going to have more fish this week. Well, it looks as if i will be stuck home again tomorrow. My transportation called yesterday to tell me they cancelled my Wed trips to work and back. Good day to do some more housework. Although, i hate being home alone with the fridge. May the Gods give me strength. FF
Old 01-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Just checking in - I'm on "staycation" this week and I have a list of chores that would impress Santa!

I didn't lose any yesterday - wasn't surprised - but was down today for a total of 12.8 lost since the 1st.

Sorry, ff, I am in drastic mode - my body is telling me that I have to do something NOW! When I'm in a place like I was last week where I could hardly walk (no exaggeration) due to my right knee pain - it's critical.

Well, I'm off. I'll check in later.

Congratulations to all of you loser!
Congratulations to all who said "no" to temptation.

Stay strong!

Marilee
Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Well off to the gym early and another big snow storm predicted for tomorrow. So more shoveling for me. Yay They're saying about 12 inches, but you never really know until it's over

ff sounds like you'll be listening to a lot of great music, what a great saving. I did just what you posted about all the strong resolutions for weight loss this year and came to realize that I could never do that. I started to become to stressful with all the high expectations. Your so right taking little steps now and doing better.

clanger sounds like now you have a more positive way of approaching things and it's starting to go great for you wtg.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #196

well gibby, we are very close in lbs.

whatever your plan, make it manage-able. stress raises cortisol levels. cortisol puts the kibosh on weight loss. who, in the universe, has no stress? How to reduce cortisol is a question i will put to my MD when i see her. I am gonna get me some breakfast now. We will chat later. FF
Old 01-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
I know I have said something along these lines before...but what an extraordinarily lovely group of folks we have here. I truly appreciate your take on things. It helps to get out of your own head and come on here and read how others are handling similar situations.

Clanger...Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds as though being proactive about the situation has gone a long way in improving your outlook. I believe I need to use some gentle "force" as well to get moving consistently. The endorphins that releases really does help.
That whole success and failure thing...every area of my life is affected by that. I am trying to learn to be kind. I am to everyone else, why not give myself the same courtesy??
I appreciate that you loosened your upper lip.
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
FF...I have seen numerous threads about oil-pulling improving dental health. Some folks swear by it. I haven't tried it myself, but perhaps it's worth a shot!

tony...It was so cool to check back in and so you so close to ONEderland. Nicely done, my friend! And as always, thank you for the encouragement.

HHF...Sjogren's, Raynauld's and possibly Lupus here. May I PM you?

b: cottage cheese, pomegranate and pecans
S: bites of chicken
L: tuna salad on spinach
D: orange roughy and veg

30 mins on the treadmill. Have a great day!

Last edited by kbeth; 01-11-2011 at 09:44 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #199

i have also seen threads about oil pulling.

i regret i never read them. i have no idea what oil pulling is. sounds like a lot of work. Be well. The odds of my being at work tomorriw owing to the snow are practically nil. However, i will make an effort. FF
Old 01-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi guys, great to see everyone motivated and posting!... :-)

ff, i have no idea what oil pulling is either, but i'm gonna have to google it now...

kbeth, thanks for the encouragement - i agree that we have an awesome group of folks here and you're one of them!...it makes the whole journey so much more enjoyable to know i can check in here and hang with such wonderful people all heading in the same direction...

hey misty, if you need more exercise, i have a 150-foot gravel driveway that is predicted to have 12-18 inches of snow on it tomorrow

marilee, you've lost over 1 lb a day this month!!!!!...wowee!!

nancy, that is an awesome and helpful story about your childhood - thanks for sharing that...my bloated body feels better already

jenny, love the paper towel analogy!..

clanger!...did you delete something naughty before i had a chance to read it?...bad girl!

farmgirl, they say you can burn a lot of calories taking a cold shower too, and if you keep telling stories about weighing yourself in the buff, i'm gonna need one!

Last edited by tony8; 01-11-2011 at 11:19 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #201
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
tony no thanks, where getting about 12 inches and my arms from shoving last week are just getting better. I have a full flight of stairs to get up to my driveway and that's the killer if the snow is heavy. But I usually do it after about every few inches of snow unless i'm sleeping. yiks.

ff looked through my old saved threads and here a 2 on oil pulling. Hope it helps.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...l-pulling.html
My first try at oil pulling

Last edited by misty1028; 01-11-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Old 01-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #202
Junior LCF Member

Well, I am thinking of starting a bolg about my progress, I think it will help me see my advancement through the weight loss process. It may be boring but it might help.

Kbeth, sure give me a PM.

And Tony, close your eyes! I really do not know may people who get dressed before they weigh in!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hey, ff! Thank you so much for your concern. Thankfully I am not experiencing any stress at all, in fact my confidence is up; I feel good about myself; my stomach looks flatter, etc.

But I do understand what you are saying....
Old 01-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
[QUOTE=misty1028;14259756]tony no thanks, where getting about 12 inches and my arms from shoving last week are just getting better. I have a full flight of stairs to get up to my driveway and that's the killer if the snow is heavy. But I usually do it after about every few inches of snow unless i'm sleeping. yiks.

Misty, I dread tomorrow too having to shovel Mom's drive and side walk. I do the same thing, go out and shovel every few inches or it is just too heavy to handle.

Going to spend the night there in Vermont rather than try to drive the 7 miles at 4:30 in the morning.

This is a great forum! I love reading it!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi abigale!...good to see another new hampshirite!...welcome!...

hey farmgirl, i'm not known for closing my eyes, and i wear a full gladiator outfit when i weigh in...omg, maybe i'm already at my goal!!!...hang on, kids - i gotta strip!...

that's okay, misty...i need the workout! :-)
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Well, I'm hanging in there--my daughter is sick with a cold and it has made it a little hard for me to get my exercise in ( I was planning on swimming tonight) plus I'm getting a bit stir crazy staying home with her....but, I'm chipping away at the weightloss thing and am down about 3.5lbs from the 1st of the year. Slower than I would like but I have to admit I'm not being as strict as I could be and also been eating alot of salty asian food (I cooked it all so it's low carb ) so what do I expect? I also have taken apple cider vinegar a couple times but am having a hard time with that one--it's so SOUR (I don't know the pucker-faced icon!) I just shoot some of it and chase it with water...
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ff, i have no idea what oil pulling is either, but i'm gonna have to google it now...
I just googled it, and . It'll be interesting to see how you get on, ff, if you take it up!

Quote:
clanger!...did you delete something naughty before i had a chance to read it?...bad girl!
Why, tony8, how dare you suggest such a thing ? Yes :blush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeth View Post
I am trying to learn to be kind. I am to everyone else, why not give myself the same courtesy??
Great way of thinking about it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlansHollowFarms View Post
Well, I am thinking of starting a bolg about my progress, I think it will help me see my advancement through the weight loss process. It may be boring but it might help.
Great idea!

Had a good day yesterday - day 2 of C25K and nice food. Let's see what today has in store .
Old 01-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we're having a blizzard here today!

but i still made it into work...did some shoveling too, and i see a lot more in my immediate future!...it will be good exercise for me...

clanger, congrats on the c25k, i think - what the heck is that???...

jenny, i agree about the acv - some folks add stevia and water etc. and claim it's delicious...i'm not doing that as i don't want it on my teeth...i've been adding an ounce or two of water, just so the acid doesn't damage my esophagus going down, and then shooting it...i have read enough about the health benefits that i'm gonna try it for awhile...i did two shots yesterday...they recommend 1st thing in the morning, midday and mid-afternoon...i assume night isn't the best time and i've been avoiding doing it after 5 or 6 p.m....

i've been at 212 the past two days so i guess that's where i am right now...again, this is a learning experience and i'm beginning to learn that i have tended to have 2 different modes during these blitzes: steady slow losses over a few weeks, and then reasonably long plateaus...

i've always been frustrated by plateaus in the past, but i'm trying to look at them differently now...i'll share my thoughts on this...

for years, i was a fat guy weighing between 240-245 lbs...after 9 months of hard work, i am now a less fat man weighing between 210-215 pounds...eventually, i'd like to be a fit guy weighing between 275-280 lbs...i have begun to look at myself within 5 lb. ranges, since that seems to be what i always am...and i think i have to be one guy for awhile before i can become the next guy...

i can't quite explain this, and some of it may be psychological, but it's almost like now that i have gotten to a much healthier place/weight than i was last spring, now that my clothes are smaller and fit better and i look better, etc., i want to enjoy it for a bit before making the big push it is going to take to become the 200-205 guy or the 195-200 guy...

my first instinct was to punish myself for this feeling and blame it on weakness or laziness, but i'm starting to think that is not right and that in doing so, i am not being "kind" to myself as kbeth says...i've lost almost 15% of my body weight and i have changed my woe for a longer time than ever before and that has to continue...

but is it a sign of weakness, or wrong to say, "okay, it's been 9 months and you've accomplished a lot - it's okay to be happy maintaining this weight for a few weeks or so" - not to cheat or binge or go back to bad habits, but simply not to focus on the guy I AM NOT YET...i will be that guy in time - i'm committed to being that guy - but can't i be happy being this guy that i have worked so hard to become for a little while?...

anyway, that's what i'm thinking...i have every intention of continuing just as diligently to lose weight in the short term by eating healthy and on-plan, but i am revising my goal for the rest of this month...i am going to try to maintain my weight somewhere between 208 and 213 and not obsess about getting lower than that...if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't...i'll still keep doing what i'm doing, just change the expectations for a bit so i can enjoy the interim victory i've won... :-)

ooops, sorry this post is so long!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #209
Junior LCF Member

[QUOTE=tony8;14262266]
for years, i was a fat guy weighing between 240-245 lbs...after 9 months of hard work, i am now a less fat man weighing between 210-215 pounds...eventually, i'd like to be a fit guy weighing between 275-280 lbs...[/QUOTE]

Ok Tony....take off that dam gladiator armour and there is your 100lbs.!

Also, there is nothing wrong with slow and steady....remember the tortoise and the hare! You are right, there is no sense obsessing, just stay on pace and it will happen!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #210

good for you Gibby...

I am oozing with stress, and my stomach looks like a hot air balloon. Fortunately, i am not concerned with my outward appearance, not until I reach 1derland. Meanwhile, i am just focusing on staying on plan, and enjoying it. FF
Closed Thread