Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
so looking forward to Sat eve.

i've got a beautiful and thick shell steak -bone in weighing 1.34 lbs. Under 1 lb, it is not a steak...it is a snack. My house, my rules. With it, either a salad, sauted veggies, or a perhaps just a bit of both. It is so important to be cautious with salad/veggies. They are so innocent looking. but they do have carbs. I am guessing that by the time i reach goal (in the 24th century-when i shall have been born on Ferenghinar), the majority of my daily eating will be salad/veggies. However, rest assured, i will always make room for STEAK. For me, it IS a HOLY COW!!! FF

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/208/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
FF - You are funny, I practically spewed my water onto computer screen. Remeber when the Flintstones would go to the drive-in and get the brontosaurus ribs?

Marilee - you're on your way lady, my friend does HGC and is very successful with it. Yeah this is like AA but what's wrong wid dat? I quit smoking 3+ yrs ago and kind of feel that was AA-ish.

Tony - I do Rt. 111 but am at Exit 5 a lot as I go to the Planet Fitness there. Are u doing the ACV through a straw, heard it's better for your teeth that way.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Marilee - you're on your way lady, my friend does HGC and is very successful with it. Yeah this is like AA but what's wrong wid dat? I quit smoking 3+ yrs ago and kind of feel that was AA-ish.

Thanks! Ain't nothin' wrong with it!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey nancy...i'm on rt 111 every day - only on the hampstead side :-) i did read about the acv acidity and the damage it can do to your enamel, so yes, i did use a straw and tried to keep it off my teeth as much as possible...then i rinsed my mouth with water...

don't know if it's psychological, but all i've had today is a hb egg for breakfast - i brought another for lunch but after the acv and a few pistachios, i have NO appetite, at all...that is supposed to be one of the benefits of acv - all i can say is "i hope so"!...

btw, i'm on a continuous 12-step program and that is the problem!: it is exactly 12 steps from my sofa to the fridge...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 01-05-2011 at 11:55 AM..
Old 01-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
at this juncture, i cannot do 1 sit-up or push-up (not even if i wore a push-up bra!!!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
So I am happy to report that I have lost 7 pounds since Sunday - I'll take it and over a hundred more, thank you very much
Woot, way to go, Gibby !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
okay, did some soul-searching this morning, and i'm feeling more invigorated and committed...i think what was missing was that i did not implement a change going into this blitz, which i have tried to do when starting the others, so i am going to come up with a set of changes...
Brilliant idea, tony8! On reflection, I think that's why I sat out the last Blitz - I sort of had 'blitz fatigue' but didn't know how to shake things up again to re-motivate myself. Good luck with the ACV regime!

You've inspired me to focus more on my goals for this Blitz. I've decided that I MUST dedicate myself to C25K for this one. Working out 3 days per week to get as far through the programme as I can is now my primary goal (as well as just staying on plan!).

Food has been good today - protein shake, cured meats for lunch and bacon and scrambled egg for dinner. About 1,300 calories and 15g net carb.

Last edited by clanger; 01-05-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Trying to catch up, reading all the posts, just dropping in to say let's make 2011 the year to reach our weightloss goals!

Just pumping myself up here.:blush:

Let's do this!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
ncgirls, I wondered what happened to ya.

Live Free, I don't understand the comment about this being like AA, how so?

Today I actually "feel" thinner, how about them apples.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Well...to elaborate on my AA comment:

My hubbie and I quit smoking 3+ yrs ago. Though we no longer have the urge, we often talk about having "just one ciggie" and how that could send us over the edge and back into the habit.

Foodwise, my previous habits would be lots of carbs (toast, eng muffins, sandwiches, bagels, pasta, potatoes, crackers, chips, pretzels, beer) and I kind of feel that if I get started up again on those items, it will send me over the edge.

So to correlate the AA thing, and I truly don't mean to offend anyone who has or is participating in AA...to me it means staying on the straight and narrow and steering clear of temptation.....
Old 01-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I see what you mean. Then yes, if I take a bite of something then I am off to the races. So, it is best not even to begin. Kind of like the Lay's potato chip commercial "You can't eat just one".
Old 01-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Oh yes, that Lay's commercial....banish the thought! Steer clear of that aisle in the supermarket!! Steer clear of all internal aisles!!!

Hi MagieDen, you are keepin' me pumped too! Saw your posts on another challenge, that looks like a bunch of wonderful folks too..but please keep on postin' with us too....yee ha! I must hit OnederLand too!!!!

Tony - I will resume my Friday weigh-in this week. This week it was yesterday and before that it was Thanksgiving morning, sheesh! The Friday weigh-ins give me a push to stay on plan over the weekend, and the one-or-two drinks on Saturday night can be worked off by the following Friday.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good night all. I'm tired today.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

good to see you guys...

vicki, congrats on feeling thinner...i always feel thin in the late afternoon and fat again by bedtime :-)

maggie, thanks for the pep talk - i needed that today!...

clanger, good luck with the exercise - it definitely helps...my exercise routine is the one thing i haven't slipped up on during these blitzes and that's helped me survive the other weaknesses i've displayed once or twice :-)

nancy, i'm in the same boat with food - i can't take that first bite of bad stuff - i just think "well, i've already cheated, i may as well REALLY cheat"...lol...

marilee, you've lost 7 lbs. since sunday - no wonder you're tired!...that's hard work...

had a better day today and i'm feeling much more focused tonight than i did this morning...see y'all tomorrow!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 AM   #103

although the holidays are over, i am going to stay, as much as possible

in the Holiday mood. That, I believe, will help keep me on course. No daily grind for me. it is too depressing. Lots of classical music and opera. A little bit of house work, if not every day, then every other day. Last night on PBS was a comic opera by Gaetano Donizetti-DON PASQUALE. Wonderful, just wonderfu. It is usually repeated on Sundays. We cannot afford the ticket prices at any level. So, if we can get it for nothing...why not? The English translations run along the bottom of your tv screen. It is pure joy, and a happy ending. Check your local listings. I just want to say how much I admire those of you who can do physical activity, be it at the gym, or at home. I was doing some leg raises while lying in bed watching the opera. Tonight, i will raise the other leg. FF
Old 01-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

you'll get there, buddy

these are long term changes, not just in our eating habits, but also in the ways our bodies work...over time, as we get to the weights that best suit us, the resulting chemical and mechanical changes will also allow us to do the physical things that best suit a healthy lifestyle...these changes are subtle, but nonetheless, significant...

ff, do you have a pair of 5 lb. weights?...you can start by doing some light, upper body work for now, which would not tax your legs at all...
Old 01-06-2011, 05:05 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all, finally my face looks thinner too. I am on my way. Thank goodness. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get my groove back.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #106

i have to cans of high carb veggies which i can use as weights

these were left over from my mom's Meals on Wheels period when she still lived in Bklyn. However, I have some arthritis in my right arm (to match the arthritis in my rt leg.). I am sure things will improve over time. I do not want to take anything for the pain which might compromize the diet. I almost forgot that today is weigh-in at high noon. It would be so nice if I can edge closer to 2- dorland. I was supposed to go to the doctor this Sat, but the snow and other things to be dealt with, have pushed it back to Feb 5th. Monday is the dentist. No procedure will be done that requires any co-pay. Christmas set me back quite a lot. FF
Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Good morning all, finally my face looks thinner too. I am on my way. Thank goodness. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get my groove back.
"Shake your groove thing, shake your groove thing, yeah, yeah"

Good morning - my face looks a little thinner too! No more weight loss, but I'm not surprised since I'm down 7 in 7. Feeling good!

ff-last time I did workouts at the gym I hurt my knee and it is taking a long time to heal. Once I get some weight off and in better health, I'll start in again - but until then...I'll just limp along.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:15 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

the only thing worse than not exercising, is getting hurt and hindering your normal activity, as modest as it may be...so BE CAREFUL...

i'm happy i moved my official weigh-ins to friday - if it were today, i would be up 3 lbs. since last friday's blitz IV start...isn't my weight supposed to be headed in the other direction?...

i'm hoping a clean day today will get me back to 212, which would only be a minor disaster...it's pretty bad when you are looking forward to a minor disaster :blush:

for got the acv this morning...had two doses yesterday and will have to wait for another until later this afternoon...you guys would have laughed at me - i didn't have a straw at home so i used the body of a pen to suck up my water-acv drink...i don't sweeten it, and i gotta tell ya, it's certainly not something you would drink for pleasure...

see ya a bit later!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
the only thing worse than not exercising, is getting hurt and hindering your normal activity, as modest as it may be...so BE CAREFUL...

i'm happy i moved my official weigh-ins to friday - if it were today, i would be up 3 lbs. since last friday's blitz IV start...isn't my weight supposed to be headed in the other direction?...

i'm hoping a clean day today will get me back to 212, which would only be a minor disaster...it's pretty bad when you are looking forward to a minor disaster :blush:

for got the acv this morning...had two doses yesterday and will have to wait for another until later this afternoon...you guys would have laughed at me - i didn't have a straw at home so i used the body of a pen to suck up my water-acv drink...i don't sweeten it, and i gotta tell ya, it's certainly not something you would drink for pleasure...

see ya a bit later!
Hi Tony! Yep, being over 300 pounds and working out like you aren't isn't good - even with a trainer!!!!

I'm sure you will have good results on Friday.

And regarding ACV, as long as you rinse well or brush your teeth afterwards, you can go ahead and drink it. When I was taking ACV, I poured it in a shot glass with a little water and threw it down, then rinsed well and that was that!

Last edited by Gibby; 01-06-2011 at 08:42 AM..
Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

thanks, for the advice, marilee...i might just do that...bad teeth are one problem i don't have - and i'd hate to ruin them so i'm a bit paranoid about it...

don't know why, but i've been craving real, on-the-bone fried chicken for several weeks now...it's one of my favorite foods (of course, i can't just love brussel spouts, right?) i don't think i've had any since last march...as much as i want it, i've made a rule that i don't get it until the scale says 209 ( a new low)...guess i'm making deals with myself now... ;-)

Last edited by tony8; 01-06-2011 at 08:32 AM..
Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 227/223/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: April 2014
Hey guys!! I hope you all are enjoying this 6th day I had a delayed entry meeting, and it was my designated "cheat meal" day. I had an awesome time at the meeting, they were ragging on me about my exercise habits lol! BUT i did get promoted to delayed entry program executive officer which is an honor. I've only been in for two months, but i guess I have a leadership personality I'll get promoted to commanding officer next month.

Have a FABULOUS day Bighugs!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations on the promotion, Jana! I'm sure it was well deserved.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #113

may have hit my 1st plateau since April 1.

the last one was in 2007 and i was within a few lbs of my current weight. i will cut down on my diet sodas drastically-even eliminate them for the duration of the stall, till the scale starts to behave. Also, I will temporarily eliminate the low carb bread (i have no starch on weekends anyway). Also, I will add more fish. as per Seinfeld: "why are fish thin? they eat fish". If I can do that, plus a bit more physical activity, maybe the scale will move sooner, and not later. I am a patient troll, but even i have my limits. FF
Old 01-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Well, I'm down a pound but it has been a struggle for me to get back into the mindset--if I could get into ketosis it would be easier but I have to not put carbs in my mouth to get there first... Today I'm going to drink a ton of water and really limit my veggie intake. I can't believe it's Jan. 6th already. Time for me to get serious!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Hi all, Happy Thursday!

FF-- plateau-schmateu...it's just a temporary place where you can gather up your wits and get more determined than ever. Step downward off the plateau, never upward! Stay with water as much as you can.

Vicki -cool about seeing your face get thinner. I loved it when my boss said "you can see it in your face." Yeah right , glad I was sitting down!!
At least my hubbie notices the backside.

Marilee - keep on keepin' on. Next time you are grocery shopping, take a look at a 7 lb. chicken or slab o' meat, and that will put a visual on what you've lost so far. My co-worker told me to imagine what a 27 pound turkey looks like, and YUP, I got the visual in my mind.

Jana, you go CO, I betcha you'll go far, you seem like a dynamo!

Tony - steer clear of the fried chicken...try a panko-coated (crushed up rice crackers) oven-roasted chicken. I succumbed to fish & chips last week and
picked off a piece of coating to eat, (yuck, I've changed!) and then peeled off and trashed the rest. It just AINT' good for ya! Til weigh-in tomorrow,
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Live Free - you are a stitch.

This thread is great. Wouldn't it be fun if we could all get together and hang out eating steak or the divine swine together? I bet we'd have a blast!

Last edited by Gibby; 01-06-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
I just want to say how much I admire those of you who can do physical activity, be it at the gym, or at home. I was doing some leg raises while lying in bed watching the opera. Tonight, i will raise the other leg. FF
The only exercise I've been getting lately is raising a glass... or three. I'm soooo glad to have left the excesses of Christmas behind.

Quote:
I wonder if you could put it in a diet soda or something - I bet it'd be ok in ginger ale. Great to hear you're back in the groove already, tony8 .

We all have Austin Powers teeth here in the UK anyway, so I just knock it back in one and rinse .

Quote:
If I can do that, plus a bit more physical activity, maybe the scale will move sooner, and not later. I am a patient troll, but even i have my limits. FF
How long has your stall been now, ff?

I've not had a bad day today - protein shake for breakfast, a HUGE lunch of two 6oz burgers with a tiny green salad and about 2-3 tablespoons of mayo (pure gluttony - I could have been satisfied with a single burger). It's now about seven thirty in the evening and I'm not really hungry (that's a first!) so might just have a light snack before bed.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

really?...i thought fried chicken was health food!...lol...

hi nancy, do you have to be such a voice of reason for a man who just wants a piece of fried chicken???... just teasing - thanks!

jenny, you and me, both!...is it scary how closely our dieting fortunes mirror each other?... congrats on the 1 lb. loss!...

jana, you're like a shot of adrenaline...i'm starting to believe you can do ANYTHING!...got any fried chicken?...

ff, don't fret - it's normal and has to happen occasionally as our bodies try to fight the weight-loss...we are designed to plateau brother and now that you are getting to a healthier weight, your body is acting the way it was designed...

good day so far:
b: hb egg
l: hb egg
s: 5 almonds
d: tbd, but i think i might have tuna salad...

Last edited by tony8; 01-06-2011 at 11:58 AM..
Old 01-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #119

it has been this way for a few weeks.

according to WW, it is not an official plateau, unless the last 4 weigh-ins divided by 4 = less than a lb. Whether it is, or it isn't...By the Heavenly Twins(Castor & Pollux) , I want to get to 2Dorland sooner, and not later. FF
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

by that definition, i've had 28 plateaus since april... :-)
Closed Thread