Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Welcome Dabbadooey

Hi Misty-I've seen your posts on other threads.

I'm kinda new to this thread as well, but I love it - not a lot of mindless chatter but real caring people no matter what plan you are on.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
I've been reading this thread and I'd love to join you all. I've been on so many threads but they seem to fade away fast. And by sounds of this thread you've be at it together for quit awhile. I did Atkins back in 2004 and got to goal for 4 years and then started to gain back alot of the weight. Now I've been really stuggling to get the weight off again. But it's been real slow and alot of setbacks along the way. So for the 3 month blitz 6 lbs. More would be nice.

tony I see your from the New England are too. I'm in Massachusetts. Nice to see a neighbor.
Welcome Misty. I have been on some of those threads with you, glad you joined us
Old 01-02-2011, 05:15 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
misty!...it really is great to have you here...i can promise you that this thread will not fade...even if i have to talk to myself every once in a while...

but seriously, we've been at this since last april, and you will meet the main instigator pretty soon - flat ferenghi - he dreamt these blitzes up and kept us focused and then asked me to set up this 4th installment...being a part of this group has helped me sooooo much - i have no intention of leaving, so you're all stuck with me

we have some long-term stalwarts who are awesome, but we are also so lucky to keep adding great folks all along the way...i am excited to have so many new folks joining us over the past couple of days!

i haven't been many other places on this site, but i think you will like it here...at least i hope you will...

it's also nice to have a fellow new englander on board!...

p.s. marilee, you're not new anymore!

p.p.s. vicki, how are those knuckles holding up???

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 230/220.4/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: April 2014
I was baking pumpkin cheesecake tonight I'm baking egg scotches yummy!!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:18 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dabbadooey
WOE: Weight Watchers....again
Thanks for the warm welcome! Misty, I love your dog!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
I've been reading this thread and I'd love to join you all. I've been on so many threads but they seem to fade away fast. And by sounds of this thread you've be at it together for quit awhile. I did Atkins back in 2004 and got to goal for 4 years and then started to gain back alot of the weight. Now I've been really stuggling to get the weight off again. But it's been real slow and alot of setbacks along the way. So for the 3 month blitz 6 lbs. More would be nice.
misty1028! Great to have you on board !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
clanger, great to have you and your peculiar sense of humor back with us...it helps my peculiar sense of humor to blend in a little more i felt bloated over the holidays too...i feel a lot less bloated after a few good days - i have learned that is all it usually takes...btw, you can stalk me anytime...
Why, thank you tony8 ! Glad to hear that the post-Christmas bloat is gone for you. Finished the last of the Christmas food a couple of days ago, so there's now nothing left in the fridge or cupboard to throw me of plan .

Anyway, glad to get back to normal. Had a protein shake for brunch, and I've just made a ham and spinach quiche - I hope it tastes as good as the aromas coming from the oven .

My water consumption today has been woeful so far, so I must now go and choke down a litre of water (along with supplements) to catch up. I did remember the apple cider vinegar this morning, though (did you ever try that, tony8? I think you were considering it at one time. No idea if it does any good...).

How's everybody doing today?

Last edited by clanger; 01-03-2011 at 06:26 AM..
Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

clanger, can you tell me again how you use the apple cider vinegar and the benefits?...pretty please?...thanks... :-)

in the "no good deed shall go unpunished" category, there's this: i behaved for the 2 days since i weighed-in at 210 on friday and i was at 211 on sat and 211 on sun and am at 214 this morning...the moral of the story: this would have discouraged me in the past, but because i've been doing daily weigh-ins for so long, i now know how much weight fluctuates and how much weight water can add, etc...so i'll just keep doing what i'm doing til it rewards me...

whoever said this was easy, never did it! :-)

be back in a bit...
Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
clanger, can you tell me again how you use the apple cider vinegar and the benefits?...pretty please?...thanks... :-)
Oh, if I must, tony8 ! Apparently it speeds up weightloss and has other heath benefits, including being good for one's joints.

There's a reeeeaaaaaallllly long thread about it here:-

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ss-wonder.html

I think you're supposed to take two teaspoons of it 3 times per day, diluted in a glass of water, prior to meals. Personally, I can't be bothered, so I take it all in one go (two tablespoons) in a quarter of a glass of water before breakfast. Like a pre-breakfast shot .

Quote:
in the "no good deed shall go unpunished" category, there's this: i behaved for the 2 days since i weighed-in at 210 on friday and i was at 211 on sat and 211 on sun and am at 214 this morning...the moral of the story: this would have discouraged me in the past, but because i've been doing daily weigh-ins for so long, i now know how much weight fluctuates and how much weight water can add, etc...so i'll just keep doing what i'm doing til it rewards me...
Good for you tony8 ! I admire all you daily weighers - I don't think I could cope with the fluctuations. I'm sure you'll be rewarded in the longer term .

I made Saag Paneer for dinner today (froze the quiche I made earlier in individual portions) - it was absolutely delicious !

Last edited by clanger; 01-03-2011 at 09:35 AM..
Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just make sure you rinse your mouth well, or brush your teeth after drinking the vinegar because it is very acidic and is hard on the enamel
Old 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnneLC11
WOE: Reduced carbs (max 100g)
Start Date: Dec 2010
I'd love to join this challenge.

I started to "get back on track" on December 27th, and am planning to be back at my gaol weight by the end of March.

May I join you?
Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Just make sure you rinse your mouth well, or brush your teeth after drinking the vinegar because it is very acidic and is hard on the enamel
Indeed - I always have a good rinse afterwards .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneLC11 View Post
I'd love to join this challenge.

I started to "get back on track" on December 27th, and am planning to be back at my gaol weight by the end of March.

May I join you?
AnneLC11 !
Old 01-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
all in!

hi everyone,
wow, y'all have been busy the first few days of the new year. glad to see so many people joining the blitz - welcome and good luck with all of your goals!

my goal is to finally meet goal weight by march. and also to go easier on myself if i mess up. i know that may sound like a prescription for going off-plan, but i think it will be a more helpful mentality than my present "perfect or flog thyself" M.O. it's been useful in the past. when my daughter was born, i was hellbent on nursing. we were having lots of problems, depsite seeing lactation consultants and even a surgeon to remedy her tongue-tie. long story short, eventually i had the thought, "this might not work and it will be ok. i can still be a great mother even if i can't nurse." as it happened, right after that things clicked and we went for another 13 months! but giving myself the permission to give up was what i needed at the time. giving myself permission to not be perfect in my eating and by extension my life might be what i need right now. in some strange way, i think this way of thinking will help me to meet goal in a few months. we'll see...

i've had a fabulous christmas and new year's. enjoyed being home with my husband and daughter. there was "carbage" (love that term!) involved however, so i too will be white-knuckling a bit at the beginning of this blitz.

hope everyone's having a wonderful 3rd day of 2011!
much love,
mama
Old 01-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for the info, clanger...i'm gonna read that LONG story on ac vinegar when i get home :-) what the heck is saag paneer?...are you making stuff up just to confuse me?...

Welcome anne!!!...of course you can join us - we're so happy to have you...just pull up a chair - oops, i mean a stairmaster...

hey mama!...great to see you!...i was wondering when you and that little cutie pie were gonna show up!...i agree with you 100% about allowing yourself to be human and accepting there will be times when you will make a food choice, not because it is ON PLAN, but because you have the control to allow yourself that choice without derailing your overall objective...and by "objective" i mean good health...i get it...and i am happy to see you

i'm loving the way things are shaping up in here...
Old 01-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Hi, all! Here I am, just following my Blitz.

Sorry I disappeared on y'all. I had been thinking, since I had the last week of the year off work, of doing a computer fast to go along with my TV fast between Christmas and New Year's. After having to work on Christmas Eve(!), I impulsively decided to do it. Should have given y'all some warning.

I caught up the posts and it sounds like everyone did great. to all our new Blitzers! My goals for Blitz IV are:
-Up the exercise
-Speed my rate of loss (Great that I lost 120 pounds -- that it took me over 2 years? Not so much) -- to a reasonable rate, not looking for Speed Demon status

I did make it through Christmas and, indeed, 2010 without sugar. That was huge for me. I have never in my entire life succeeded in doing that, and I probably first tried in the 1970s. The friend I made my "sugar-free 2010" pact with was with me for New Year's. She reminded me (she actually had the email with her) that we had agreed to go sugar-free until Christmas week, and then let ourselves enjoy the holidays. So I probably did some unnecessary beating myself up about wanting to dive headfirst into the fudge plate. She and I avoided the booze and the sugary treats everyone else was gobbling down at the New Year's party but then, by prior agreement, toasted the new year in at 12:01 AM with a hot fudge sundae. Soooo good. And then we went back to our sugar-free lives. We don't have a pact this year, but I don't think either of us are really eager to go back to the White Devil, as we've come to speak of sugar.

Did my first new weight lifting routine today and, aside from the fact that my back may not be speaking to me, all is well.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
thanks for the info, clanger...i'm gonna read that LONG story on ac vinegar when i get home :-) what the heck is saag paneer?...are you making stuff up just to confuse me?...
I'd love to make stuff up just to confuse you (and definitely will do so in future ), but sadly in this instance I'm not kidding - it's an Indian dish.

Saag is spinach, and paneer is a sort of bland non-melting cheese thingy - a bit rubbery, I guess - which takes on the flavour of what you cook it with. So my dinner was essentially lots of ginger, garlic, onion, various spices, chilli, coconut oil, spinach and paneer. Quite hot .

Quote:
i agree with you 100% about allowing yourself to be human and accepting there will be times when you will make a food choice, not because it is ON PLAN, but because you have the control to allow yourself that choice without derailing your overall objective...and by "objective" i mean good health...i get it...and i am happy to see you
Couldn't agree more with you both about this. It's all about making a plan that's workable for us as individuals. That's why I like this thread - we're all doing things slightly differently, but have the broad-mindedness to appreciate that our way is not the only way.

Good luck all
Old 01-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
I want to thank you all for the warm welcome and can't wait to meet you all.

Well I'm back to the gym as of this morning, pushed to 45 min. Going to keep it slow and easy for awhile. I know I'll miss days if I get too sore. Freezing cold here today, so I made a huge pot of vegi beef soup so that'll be nice for lunch all week.

Tony I weigh in daily too. Actually I started a thread on here and it's been up and running strong for over a year. I'm sodium sensative so it helps knowing why the sudden gain when I eaten totally clean.

clanger I'm going to try that ACV starting tomorrow. Just read that thread and it's very interesting. I take ACV and honey from May thru Sept. for allergys but never thought of it for weight loss and bloating.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

hey shadows, great to see you back with us...your sugar-free 2010 is SUPER impressive...i'm so happy you had that hot fudge sundae - you earned it - and i'm sure as good as it was, you proved to yourself that you can live without it when you have to...i'm proud of you...and i like your new goals...

clanger, i LOVE indian food, but i don't know what the different dishes are called and i don't think i've ever had paneer...i agree with you about the open-minded nature of this thread...i don't think i could have made it in a strict, judgmental zone :-)

hi misty, it did get pretty cold today, didn't it?...brrr...was getting spoiled with the warm weather all weekend...the daily weigh-ins have really helped me - i offically weigh-in and record my weight on thursdays, but use the dailys as a compass to the direction i'm heading in...

good day and night so far...still enough time to get in trouble though :-)
Old 01-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jazills
Stats: 230/220.4/145 - 5'2"
WOE: VLC/NK
Start Date: April 2014
hello hello everyone! Got my 6 mile run in and 2 hours of cardio via martial arts this afternoon!

I found out today that an old buddy of mine from martial arts is joining the Army...now I have a workout buddy! YEE HAW!

Just thought I'd report in...i'm so tired from all this working out. Off to catch some zzzzzzzz.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #49
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
FLAT (THE TROLL WITH A GOAL) IS BACK!!!

Y'all can sigh with relief. What is the plan? Staying with ATKINS Induction level I. Using WW Points Plus system to QUANTIFY my daily and weekly consumption (i.e 49 optional points).I AM UPPING MY CARB CONSUMPTION to the 20 gram upper limit of the ATKINS Induction level. Before, i was averaging about 10 net grams a day- VLC). I am not going to stress about phys activity. I will continue to do what i can (which, for the time being, is quite little.). EVENTUALLY, I WILL be able to do more. I WILL track and journal my daily food as accurately as possible. I WILL continue to find ways to defeat those longs evenings and weekends, when the temptation to run to the fridge is so strong. There is only so much water, green tea, and diet soda you can drink to fool the body that it is not hungry. After that, it wants to bite, chew, and swallow. I will NOT allow myself a HIGH CARB bash on my birthday. I will have a very large thick medium rare steak, either at home or at a restaurant. Now that the holidays are over, there will be less FRANKENFOODS, and more REAL food. Sigh of relief!!! I hope everyone is happy with their own personal plans, and will have no problem working them. Love & Profits: FLAT (5.3 lbs from 2- DORLAND) FERENGHI
Old 01-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #50

GREETINGS TO THE NEW BLITZERS.

I could not have made the progress I did w/o these Blitzes. It is hard to believe that this is the 4th one already. You are all family. (but, u will not be in the will.) FF
Old 01-04-2011, 04:12 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cavishlo
Stats: 319/308.6/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
I'd love to join.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ann and Cavishlo I think you'll like our maverick group!

ff - so nice to hear from you

I weighed this morning - starting day 5 of my plan and I've lost 5.4 pounds - doing the happy dance for sure!

I'll check back later, I have to get ready for work!

Stay strong.....
Old 01-04-2011, 05:34 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Congrats Gibby.

Hi all, I indulged in a can of soup last night that had rice in it. I just wasn't up to preparing anything. I did have a nice big dark green salad with deli turkey and soy nuts for lunch with oil and vinegar though (flax oil and APV with the mother).

I must have had a weak moment last night as I was channel surfing. I landed on QVC and there was Tony Horton with the P90X program: yes, I indulged. I am going to get buff LOL.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, QVC - my favorite channel. I'm salivating right now.

Good luck, Vicki, with the P90X. It's way too extreme for me.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

jana, you can kick my butt anytime :-)

down to 212 this morning but hitting my goal of 209 by thursday is looking like a longer shot than it used to be...gonna have to have a couple of days of deprivation just to get back to 210 i'm afraid...no big deal...

i'm ready to hit the cookbook to come up with some new dishes...i've rotated my repertoire fully for the past 9 months...it's time for some new additions to the mix...

how's everyone doing on day 4??? :-)
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

yea, ff made it!

hey ff, great to have you back!...were you able to give someone the gas chamber that quickly?...just teasing...your plan sounds intelligent as usual...i almost called you on sunday but thought you might be preparing for trial
i'm gonna be soooo happy when you hit 2derland!...

hey cavish, welcome to the thread where we ask the question: what the hell are we doing?...lol...happy to have you!

MARILEE!!!...you are the star of the week, so far...wow!!!...way to go, girl...

hey vicki, don't fret over a little rice - most soup is salty and any gain you show will probably be water so don't panic, kid...
Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #57

the wooses in ALBANY put the kibosh on the Death Penalty

justice is no fun anymore!!! What they need is a Ferenghi type labor camp which can make a profit for the state and for a certain low carb troll that we all know and love. THAT IS JUSTICE !!! Now I am going to enjoy 1 of the few Frankenfoods I allow myself on a fairly frequent interval:SWISS MISS HOT CHOC with a short slurp of whipped cream-5 grams net. FF
Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
welcome to the thread where we ask the question: what the hell are we doing?...:
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #59

there is a soda called SPRITE, but none called TROLL.

essentially, we TROLLS & Sprites are the same sort of being. The only difference is that a Troll is the result of drinking too much SPRITE. I went down to the cafeteria to see what the HEWMONS in the back room are having. Nothing for me to today, so I got a small ladle of tuna salad (between 1/2 cup and 1 cup) and some salad material with 5 green peas as a decoration (yes... i ate them) i added 2 T Newman's creamy Caesar and 1/2 oz walnuts for the crunch factor. For months, i could not endure salads, and stuck to sauted veggies. Now I am back to salads again (especially when they are so fresh.) I am looking forward to experimenting with small (1/4 cup or less)portions of berries as an adjunct to sour cream or 1/2 of a 7 oz container of Fage. However, i will not be increasing my daily carb count. They will take the place of low carb bread for that day. FF
Old 01-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/208/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Hi folks, I'm joining DA BLITZ and glad to meet you all! Let's do this thing!
Fell of the wagon over the holidays so I'm baaaaccckkkkk!

Goal for March 31 - to be within sight of OneDerLand....!

Goal to treadmill/elliptical at least 180 min a week!

AND I WILL STAY ON PLAN THROUGHOUT THE N.E. PATRIOTS PLAYOFF GAMES, WOO HOO, as will my New England neighbors Misty & Tony!!

Clanger: my hubbie is a Brit and cooks a curry 1x a week, I get my chick curry out of the pan before he sauces it up. Love the Indian spices.

Nancy
Closed Thread