Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
ff, i try to eat less for a day or two before weigh-in and it seems to be working...then i gain it all back in 4 or 5 days... :-(

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
ff-I would just eat normally, or maybe a little lighter, and then celebrate tomorrow (I know you aren't supposed to carry your points over, but...)
Old 01-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #333
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
yes, i think i will go with the fish.

Is it the sodium, Tony? Perhaps you are nearer to goal than u think, and your body is trying to tell you something. I do not know what my body has in mind for me (or rather i do know but is unprintable here). nevertheless, according to my height(or lack of it) and bone structure, i should be around 140, give or take a few. At 304 lbs, it is a fair estimate that i am nowhere near goal. Perhaps tomorrow i will be closer to 2-dorland. FF
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clanger
Stats: 5' 0" Size 22 / Size 16 / Size 10
WOE: Targeting (70/25/5) ratio
Start Date: Restart: 31st August 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
SRO means "standing room only" - packed house!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
So the other day one of my friends of here gave this awsome recipe for sausage muffins ( sort of like little quiches) It's 10 eggs, browned crumbled sausage, 1/2 c. shredded cheese. Mix all together and pour into 12 muffin tins and bake 30 min or until they look dry. pop them out. They can be frozen or just kept in the fridg.
Thanks for the tip, misty1028, that sounds like a great mid-morning (or afternoon) snack, which would be no hassle (just take out of the freezer), portable and ideal for work! Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
...had a good day yesterday:
b: hb egg
l: hb egg
Are you trying to re-enact that famous scene from Cool Hand Luke? (And I don't mean the sexy car-wash scene )!

Not a bad day today - coffee with hwc at 6:00am, gym at 06:30 (grrr), protein shake at about 9am, some salami at about 2pm, and bacon & egg at around 8pm. It's been quite a long day ! I'm kn*ckered !
Old 01-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
HI all,
Misty & Clanger - that recipe sounds mmmm good, reminds me to try to make a baked Scotch Egg (Clanger will know that one)....take a HB egg, wrap in sausage meat...I used to coat in bread crumbs and deep fry...but heck, why not just try baking? So I will experiment and let you know.

Trying to eat light and clean during the mid-week for weigh-in on Friday.
More snow shoveling yesterday, bring on Spring please!

Looking at near future calendar events is helping me stay me on track i.e. doc appt in March, etc. Would like to be in the 'teens by Feb. 14 Valentines Day/wedding anniversary...we are cooking ourselves a kick-a#@ Beef Wellington on the 14th....
Old 01-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey clanger, my kids quote cool hand luke all the time and i loved the movie, but i don't remember the hb egg scene... btw, congrats on all the hard work you're doing...your commitment to exercise and healthy eating is impressive!...i'm proud of you, girl...

nancy, i've never heard of that sausage thing, but it does sound yummy - let me know how that works out...

ff, i'd like to think my gain is fluid, but i am thinking that my low was too low and more about being dehydrated....i think i have to face that i am a 210 lb. guy right now, not a 206 guy...i've got some work to do...

good luck getting a step closer to 2derland tomorrow, bro...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 01-19-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Old 01-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hey everyone,
Our thread is very active, it's great having all the new folks joined in! I'm doing well this week, I'm feeling ready for a whoosh soon because I haven't seen a new low on the scale, but I've been exercising and eating well (little) so I'm expecting it any day now! I did have some asian food last night, but have been drinking water all day so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
HI all,
Misty & Clanger - that recipe sounds mmmm good, reminds me to try to make a baked Scotch Egg (Clanger will know that one)....take a HB egg, wrap in sausage meat...I used to coat in bread crumbs and deep fry...but heck, why not just try baking? So I will experiment and let you know.

Trying to eat light and clean during the mid-week for weigh-in on Friday.
More snow shoveling yesterday, bring on Spring please!

Looking at near future calendar events is helping me stay me on track i.e. doc appt in March, etc. Would like to be in the 'teens by Feb. 14 Valentines Day/wedding anniversary...we are cooking ourselves a kick-a#@ Beef Wellington on the 14th....
Good luck with your mini-goal! And what a great idea about baked scotch eggs! Please report back if you get round to trying them !

Quote:
hey clanger, my kids quote cool hand luke all the time and i loved the movie, but i don't remember the hb egg scene...

Quote:
btw, congrats on all the hard work you're doing...your commitment to exercise and healthy eating is impressive!...i'm proud of you, girl...
Aww, thank you, tony8. I signed up for a 5K charity race on 29th May the other day, so that's in the back of my mind, forcing me to get to the gym at the moment.

Quote:
....i think i have to face that i am a 210 lb. guy right now, not a 206 guy...i've got some work to do...
You're still doing great, tony8! Your preseverence is admirable, as is your continued contribution to this thread .
Old 01-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #339

well...i had the fish....

preceded by a bacon cheeseburger...preceded by 2 oz of muenster cheese. all that was followed by a final 2 oz muenster cheese. i exceeded my daily WW points by 8.5. For the week, i did 18.5 optional WW points which incl the 8.5 from yesterday. we are permitted 49 optional points for the week. i always try for a deficit the day before weigh-in. It took 2 hours to get home yesterday. needless to say i was ravenous. Total net carbs for the day was 15. It will be interesting to see what the the scale has to say today at HIGH NOON. FF
Old 01-20-2011, 03:11 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, what can i say???...clanger, you are too cute!...NOW i remember the hb eggs...kinda makes me want to throw up, but...... :-) thanks for the kind words - i've certainly had my successes and my stalls - both of which i've earned...then again, i've never been one to take the shortest route between any two points...

and i guess my ramblings are one of the things that members of these blitzes have been able to count on...

hi jenny!...happy to hear you are doing so well...you deserve all the good things you are achieving...just look at how much healthier you are today...you will be headed to hawaii a much more fit, strong, young woman than you were last winter...i am very proud of all you have accomplished, kid...

ff, don't worry - sometimes you need a day like that - it's all necessary for long-term success...we have to stay focused on the end game and realize that the strategy to get there includes eating what we want some days...
Old 01-20-2011, 04:39 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Well off to the gym early and then food shopping and have xmas returns to still make. It'll be like getting a paycheck once they're all returned. More snow tomorrow, so it'll be an at home day for me.

Tony I know exactly how you feel with the scale going back up. I was down 2 lbs and so happy, then this morning back up again. For no reason. Think I'm going to see how many calories I'm eating, this cold snowy weather makes me hungry all the time. But it's all LC food.

Nancy I love Scotch Eggs, I've never made them but my neighbor makes them alot, I love it when she brings some over for me. I love them sliced in half with a little mustard. yum
Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Lost another salt pound!

WTG Gibby!

Suppose to be -25 tonight and tomorrow...being {{{cold}}} makes you lose weight you know.... burning calories to keep your temp normal...for me I want to hybernate and eat!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Slimlizzie and Marilee, you folks are rockin'.....every pound, every ounce counts! Hope everyone else has a good week chippin' away....

I just googled some recipes, and I will go with baked Scotch Eggs without the breadcrumb coating...I'll put them on a rack and bake 'em at 400F...and will test some timings.

Those darn UK recipes...I just can't handle the oven temperatures in C, and then there's the gas oven directions...And yes, mustard on these are fab! We pick up the industrial size Coleman's when we go to the UK. Lasts about 1 year. Clanger, what area of the UK do you live in? My in-laws are in London burbs, Esher, Beckenham and Bromley and then we have close friend in Worcestershire, near Tenbury Wells. Great pub region out that way. Beautiful countryside. Ahhhh. We once did 26 pubs in 8 days.

Eating well today, here's the plan:
B: Low-fat cottage cheese, 5 olives
L: salad from home with 4 oz roast chicken,
D: After Planet Fitness, din din at home will be baked haddock, brussels, broc..
and then tomorrow weigh in................
Old 01-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #344

had nothing solid yet, today.

one of the many blessings of being busy, is that i am not even aware of whether i am hungry or not. I am not particularly hungry at this precise moment. yet, if i was home and idle (i am the quintessential American Idle)i would be at the fridge right now. Having a WW leader as a friend/colleague helps. There is no WW meeting today, but she will weigh me. For lunch i will get a nice salad from the cafeteria and put my Chicken of the Sea in it, along with 2 T of mayo, & 1/2 oz crushed walnuts. Love the crunch, and my low carb bread on the side (maybe). I believe that i am journeying toward an eventual heavy on the salads and veggies, and easing up on the critters by the time i reach goal. But fear not-there will ALWAYS be the weekly STEAK ritual. I would not be ME without it. FF
Old 01-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! I'm up .2 of a pound today - obviously I'm not going to lose any sleep over that

Hey Live Free - we have a fish restaurant here in Phoenix and they sell products from England, including Coleman's mustard and I believe they will ship. Go to The Codfather - Authentic British Fish & Chips - Phoenix, Arizona and check it out. It's cheaper than flying to England

Of course there are other places on the internet.....

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Gibby; 01-20-2011 at 08:31 AM..
Old 01-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Good Morning!
Having a good week. Eating well and exercising some. My body is releasing some of the water weight so that I don't feel nearly as bloated.
Made some pot roast and some beef vegetable soup that I've been eating nearly every day. Pretty sick of this stuff, but it's economical and it takes the guess work out of things.

FF...American Idle. I should very much like to compete with you for that title!

tony...I, too, find myself wanting to use Clanger-isms (in a British accent, of course)
I liked what you said a week or so ago about questioning yourself when you want to snack in the evening. Have I allowed myself enough during the day, etc. Can't remember the exact words, but it struck a chord with me. Actually trying to reason with myself--what a concept!!

clanger...good suggestion on the C25K program. I've got me an Ipod and if I can figure out how to download it, I believe I'll give it a shot.

Off to the gym! Have a good one!
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #347

0.2 lbs down.

nto what i expected. but, i will take, and with joy in my heart. i think it is time to CONFUSE THE BLOODSTREAM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #348

cont'd. (fat finger syndrome)

i am going to up my salads, and veggies, and CAUTIOUSLY introduce berries into my repertoire. also, i am going to up my carb total to 25 gr, for this week only, beginning tomorrow. Perhaps that will shake things up a bit. FF
Old 01-20-2011, 01:28 PM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Nancy let me know how the scotch eggs come out baked. I like to try and make some myself. I bet they'd even be good cold. I go to Planet Fittness too, but I go at the crack of dawn. I know I'd never get in the after noon.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

more snow on the way - yippee!...NOT!

kbeth, happy if every once in awhile i utter some nonsense that actually makes sense - it is an accident, i assure you! :-) sounds like you're doing great - love the exercise you're doing!...to me, it seems like we are all doing so much better psychologically than we were several months ago...i'm proud of us...

ff, congrats on the loss - every little bit counts!...and think of what you are NOT gaining...i think it's a good idea to alter your plan and shake things up from time to time, so good luck with that...

marilee, up .2 lbs.??? are you kidding?...you've been losing about 7 lbs. an hour for the month of january...you're body is revolting!

lizzie, congrats on the pound loss - very nice job, girl!...

nancy, i'm coming to your house for dinner...

misty, that's enough of that "crack of dawn" stuff!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Hi all, up, it's snowing again and I'm working from home.

Well, I am UP 1 lb. Hmmm. Well, I did have several misdemeanors last Sunday during the Patriots-Jets game but was focused all week and have almost 2.5 hrs. of elliptical/treadmill since Sunday (which I am doing for cardio/lower BP/keep LDL low). Anyway, is this going to put me in a tailspin? Heck NO!

B today: egg beaters omelet w/fresh spinach, feta crumbles, sauteed mushrooms & some leftover roast zuccini/red/orange peppers. 1/3 avocado to get the good fat in....Sure was pretty to look at.
L: salad
D: Steak on grill, salad, more roasted veg.

Hubby's work has started a "Chub Off" program yesterday. Everyone has to submit a check for $25 to join. Goal date is 3/31 and he has signed up to lose 17 lbs. If he doesn't make it, his checked gets cashed and distributed among the other participants. So last night was Planet Fitness, then baked haddock and roasted low-glyc veg. And I sent him off today with salad w/tuna on it, similar to FF's lunch yesterday. Glad he's getting on same page w/me.

So keep at it today everyone, will check in later!
Nancy
Old 01-21-2011, 06:42 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick fly-by - no change in weight today. I'm sure my body is stabilizing, but hopefully, I will have lost something by Monday.

Go Steelers!!!!

TTYL
Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #353

Happy Friday, HEWMON Blitzers.

& so very happy to see u Kbeth. i hope u will post your recipe for beef vegetable soup. i do so very much want something other than chicken broth, and House Special soup from the Great Wall. Do not get me wrong, i love both. But variety would be nice. also anything that has the word beef in it gets me so excited. Have a glorious weekend, and stay well. FF
Old 01-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Hi Misty1028, I know you're a dog mom. Please go over to the lounge and see the post on Old Dog....give this gal some advice, will ya please?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
i've certainly had my successes and my stalls - both of which i've earned...then again, i've never been one to take the shortest route between any two points...
The scenic route is always far more enjoyable anyway, tony8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVE_FREE_NH View Post
Those darn UK recipes...I just can't handle the oven temperatures in C, and then there's the gas oven directions...And yes, mustard on these are fab! We pick up the industrial size Coleman's when we go to the UK. Lasts about 1 year. Clanger, what area of the UK do you live in? My in-laws are in London burbs, Esher, Beckenham and Bromley and then we have close friend in Worcestershire, near Tenbury Wells. Great pub region out that way. Beautiful countryside. Ahhhh. We once did 26 pubs in 8 days.
Wow, that's impressive! And quite healthy when you consider all the walking you must have done to get round all 26 of them ! It's not an area of the UK I'm familiar with... I live in Yorkshire at the moment - up North.

If you think UK oven temperatures are inconvenient, try working out what the heck a 'cup' relates to in weight! It's impossible ! I hope the scotch eggs turn out ok... I may well try them, depending on how yours turn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Hey Live Free - we have a fish restaurant here in Phoenix and they sell products from England, including Coleman's mustard and I believe they will ship. Go to The Codfather - Authentic British Fish & Chips - Phoenix, Arizona and check it out. It's cheaper than flying to England
I can really recommend the HP sauce they appear to have in stock - fantastic with scrambled eggs !

Hey, kbeth, good to hear from you ! It sounds like you're back in the saddle. Good luck with C25K if you do try it.

Not a bad day today - couldn't do the gym this morning for a very good reason. I couldn't be arsed ! Oh dear - I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope! Food-wise I've just had a protein shake and coffee so far. I'm having an Indian meal at a restaurant tonight, so will probably have some sort of Tandoori dish - yum .

For some reason, today I googled what 100lbs of fat looks like ... it's quite satisfying to be able to imagine and quantify more visually how far we've all come!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #356

from time to time, i love pouring through the FOOD PORN threadd

for inspiration. I saw something extremely easy which i can make to have with my weekly steak. Grilled asparagus. I am going to put them in a bag with melted butter, spice them up with my usual medley of spices, and put them in the oven..but keep my eye on them so they do not burn. I have not had asparagus for quite a while. It is a great source of inspiration, when u want to get out of a rut. BTW-today is the birthday of tenor/conductor PLACIDO DOMINGO. Feliz cumpleanos a te, Placido!!! FF ( He is 70-but u didn't hear it from me.)
Old 01-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Yup more snow today and more shoveling. I'll never complain about going to the gym, much easier that shoveling especially in the strong wind.Back down again today. One of these days it's going to stick.

Tony ya I always go to the gym real early. Dh pushes me. But the good thing is that by the time my brain wakes up it all over

Nancy thanks for posting about the dog, I went right over to the post. I feel so bad for her. And I've been there owning so many dogs. It must be nice to have a lc partner to go to the gym with. DH goes to planet fitness with me too. But he does lc. But it's a fussy eater, so it makes it easy for me.

clanger when I first saw that pic of the fat, I thought it was cheese twists and thought oh I love those But the other day I was carrying in a 40lb bag of pellets and thought, I lost more than the 1st I did Atkins. How are my legs carrying that around again.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 197/175.5/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2011
I am down 3.5lbs this week....That makes for a total of 12 lbs.....

I love scotch eggs, but I don't think I could handle them baked....deep fried all the way!!!!

I am so celebrating today....Captain Morgan and I are close friends this weekend!!! Well, only today, I only have 2 days off work!

B-2 eggs and sausage with Mozz. cheese
L- Captain Morgan and a handful for mixed nuts
D-Pot roast
Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: artemis19
Stats: lost 125 lbs (size 22W to 4)/8/6
WOE: LC my way/calorie and carb cycling
Start Date: off and on since 2004
Very disappointed this week, no loss this week and a slight gain Well this next week is going to be hard core. Yes, this means war
Old 01-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Congrats Harlan, drinking your lunch LOL?
Closed Thread