Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #781
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/229.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi everyone...well, ff was right to warn us about the holiday threats to our plans :-)

but as vicki says, every day is a new day and a new beginning...we're less than a week away from a new year and i know everyone will greet it with renewed resolve and strength...

just try to limit the damage between now and then and don't over-promise yourself and then under-deliver...just try to be reasonable this week and we'll all hit it hard next week!...

ncgirl, those workouts sound great and will definitely jumpstart your weight-loss...i love the 40-40 goal!

have had a good couple of days and during this season, i'm counting every good day a victory...gonna take some time off this week and do some things with my kids...i'll have more access to food than i do at work, so that will be an added challenge...

we got a nice blanket of snow last night - disappointing as blizzard's go, but very pretty...

i'll check back in a bit...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #782
Major LCF Poster!

pretty quiet around here today...hope everyone is well!...
Old 12-28-2010, 04:10 AM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 188.6/187.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 10/19/13
I did 45 minutes of Zumba last night...boy it kicked my butt but I loved it! Going to incorporate a walking DVD into my day probably in the morning and do this with the Zumba at least five times a week. Hoping this will jumpstart the metabolism. Hope everyone is staying warm. We got 4 1/2 inches of snow on Saturday/Sunday and it's starting to melt somewhat but temps are freezing!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:25 AM   #784
Major LCF Poster!

hmmmm...snow's melting but it's freezing?...better call the discovery channel :-)

just teasing - if you can stick to that workout plan, ncgirl, you will really rev up your metabolism...start slowly as sometimes workouts can jump-start your appetite too...you'll want to have a plan for suppressing that in advance - and drink tons of water...

i shoveled snow for 1 1/2 hours yesterday with my kids - it was light and fluffy but still a good workout...i'm still just in damage-control mode til next monday...

hope everyone is doing well...check in and let us know how you are dealing with the holidays...
Old 12-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
hmmmm...snow's melting but it's freezing?...better call the discovery channel :-)

just teasing - if you can stick to that workout plan, ncgirl, you will really rev up your metabolism...start slowly as sometimes workouts can jump-start your appetite too...you'll want to have a plan for suppressing that in advance - and drink tons of water...

i shoveled snow for 1 1/2 hours yesterday with my kids - it was light and fluffy but still a good workout...i'm still just in damage-control mode til next monday...

hope everyone is doing well...check in and let us know how you are dealing with the holidays...
Haha...I just meant melting somewhat during the day but still awfully cold. This am right now we are at 21 degrees..brrr. But I guess it's warmer than the 17 degrees we had the other morning. No desire to shovel snow here. How much did you get?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

we didn't get that much - maybe 8-inches...it was windy so there was some drifting, but no problems, really...i guess new jersey got hit hard but that's 5-6 hours south of here...
:-)

wonder how ff is faring...he was supposed to be at work yesterday - i'm guessing he may have gotten stranded in joisey...
Old 12-29-2010, 04:00 AM   #787
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
like Ralph Kramden: "i've got a BIIIIIIG MOOOUUUTH!!!

color me SANCTIMONIOUS. Just before we got in the car for Christmas dinner, my brother said (and i quote) "today you will have to forget about dieting, period". Everything that was served incl hors d'ouvres(wow i spelled it correctly), was vhc(very high carb). The best I can say in my own defense is that I limited to small portions. However, there is NO EXCUSE for being such a sanctimonious little snot. The troll will converse and communicate, but will offer no more advice. Glad to be back. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:28 AM   #788

i went home Saturday, as soon as i heard the news about snow.

Best decision i ever made. I was stuck in the house for three days, though. I just remembered that I still have 2 pieces of cheesecake left. I forgot about bringing the low carb tiramisu to Joisey, as the night before, i had another water emergency. As I have received no complaints from the apartment below, i have to believe it is limited to my place. The super has to come and replace the pipe under the kitchen sink. He keeps bankers hours. Next window of opportunity is Fri Dec 31. I was horrified when my brother said what he said. It reminded me of what the OR people said just before they put me under. Someone said (and i quote)"By the way, we are going to have to catheterize you." Oh joy!!!. I have cured myself of the"holiday means food" as the numero uno consideration. It is no longer the case for me. I would have loved to stay home and listened to Handel's Messiah, Bach's Christmas Oratorio, and selections from Klingon Opera. But it was not to be. I have to learn to respect what the holidays mean to others. The rest of you did better than I. What i feared did indeed happen. I developed the lust for high carbs. Owing to the blizzard, no one was delivering. The feeling miraculously passed. The best i can hope for is to stay the same this week. FF
Old 12-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

I discovered something weird...my body no longer likes too many sugar alcohols. Odd I could eat them before with no problem...got some s/f chocolate for Christmas. Got so excited about it I ate the whole freakin bag. (five or six pieces) OMG....not a happy camper later. Then yesterday I had a protein bar that also had a little bit of sugar alcohols in it...a little grumbling as well. Don't know now why I can't have them, but oh well. I guess there's always a nasty side effect to something that seems to good to be true LOL.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 AM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Just seeing if my siggy line is working now....yay! It is.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

great to have you back, ff...hey dude, it's been 9 months with nary a slip - i was starting to think you ferenghi weren't hewmon...sheesh...cut yourself some slack - i think you've been anything but sanctimonious...you keep us focused and on course, while using your own past "failures" as teaching tools and caveats, etc...if you weren't such a good guy, do you think think we would all love you like we do?...

ncgirl, you may have overdone the sugar alcohols that first day and it may have interracted with other things you had eaten...my suggestion would be to wait a few days and try a very small quantity of something that contains them...i love the 15-cal sugar-free jello with a dollop of whipped cream on top when i have a craving for something sweet...

i had my best day in a while yesterday...skipped breakfast, hb egg for lunch, a visit to the movies with NO popcorn (jenny) and a salad bar and baked stuffed haddock last night that melted in your mouth - fresh off the boat...

you guys gotta see "the fighter" - awesome movie!...we watched it at a theatre about ten minutes from where it was filmed and about 30-minutes from home...saw true grit this week as well - another excellent film, but the original still rules, i think...

am holding steady at 212 this morning and hope it stays that way for official weigh-in tomorrow...that would leave my results:
blitz I = 23lbs. lost
blitz II = 4lbs. lost
blitz III = 6lbs. lost
total = 33 lbs. lost in 38 weeks - not too shabby...and a great kicking-off point for my big winter-spring weight drop... :-)

i am only 2 lbs. over my all-blitz low this morning and that's really not too bad, considering the weakness i demonstrated these past few weeks...i guess i showed some strength as well, when i needed it most, so i'm gonna give myself some credit for that...

i'll check back in a bit...have a great day!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #792
Major LCF Poster!

by the way, 1derland is my blitz IV goal, and it will be reached, even if i have lock myself in a dark closet for a couple of weeks to do it!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hi everyone - I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Good luck with Onderland, Tony and Twoterville, FF.

At the risk of sounding sacreligious I am glad the holiday is over! This was the worst Christmas I have ever had and there have been so bad ones I won't bore you with details.

I've started a new plan - HCG - to see if I can jumpstart some weight loss. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I'm at work so I need to go. Take care, stay strong.....
Old 12-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #794

good luck with hcg, gibby.

is that the one which involves hypodermics? if that is the case, better u than me. But, if u feel that it is the right move for u, u have my back. As far as next Christmas goes, I hope I will have lost enough to take SOME liberties at table without freaking out, or going on a post Christmas binge as in the past, and put it all back plus more. I like to believe I developed some good eating behaviors since april 1. FF
Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 AM   #795
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
is that the one which involves hypodermics? if that is the case, better u than me. But, if u feel that it is the right move for u, u have my back. As far as next Christmas goes, I hope I will have lost enough to take SOME liberties at table without freaking out, or going on a post Christmas binge as in the past, and put it all back plus more. I like to believe I developed some good eating behaviors since april 1. FF
You can go to an HCG clinic and a doctor will give injections, but I chose the sublingual drop method. They say the results are comparable and it's way less expensive.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #796
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I am back on track, thank goodness. However, I am consuming fruit (1-2) and dairy (cheese and plain yogurt). But, it is a far cry from what I had been eating. I made it through a retirement open house last night without eating any of the snacks or cake. We had eaten before going and I wasn't tempted. Of course it helps that we had another place to go to and I was able to sip on Diet Coke while there.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #797
Major LCF Poster!

well, well, well...all the kids are coming home today :-) great to see you, marilee and vicki!...happy to hear you survived, if not thrived, during the holidays so far...one more to go and we're in the clear for several months!...

if you have a chance, share some info on hcg...what the heck is it?...ooops, i can click the link, i guess...

ff, you will be approaching 1derland next christmas...we'll have to party!...
Old 12-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #798

we will most certainly have to party.

i am seeing mixed grill followed by low carb cheesecake and/or low carb tiramisu. I had 1 of the remaining 2 slices of cheesecake this morning. I am saving the last piece to have with the Kramdens and the Nortons on New Years Eve. I better remember to take it home tomorrow. FF
Old 12-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

mmmm...mixed grill sounds great!...i'm in... :-) we'll be so thin by then, we'll probably have to make some noise, just so the servers will be able to see us...
Old 12-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
mmmm...mixed grill sounds great!...i'm in... :-) we'll be so thin by then, we'll probably have to make some noise, just so the servers will be able to see us...
Old 12-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

hey marilee, nice to see your face!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:44 AM   #802

the last business day of 2010...for me.

so wonderful to be spending it with y'all. By the time I get back from Jury duty, I am expecting BLITZ IV to be up and running. So, how have I improved in the last 9 months, apart from the weight loss? I have learned that austerity and rigor needs to be softened, from time to time. Sometimes, all the planning and calculating can go out the window, as EVENTS are master over all. I learned to be able to ENDURE an episode, and get back on the horse. I am learning which foods i can keep in the house with a minimum of risk, (the low carb ice cream), and which must be kept at work (the bread, and most cheeses). I have no problem with everyone around me eating all the traditional high carb goodies. I am even able to enjoy the aroma of those goodies, without going into a high carb binge. I have kept my FRANKENFOODS within a reasonable amount. FRANKENFOODS are not evil. They must be used as an alternative to off plan eating, not as the mainstay of a low carb plan. I believe that these BLITZES I-III helped keep me accountable and acted as a catalyst toward developing and maintaining better food related behaviors. Happy New Year to us all, and to our nearest and dearest (who are y'all as well). FF
Old 12-30-2010, 06:11 AM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

thanks, ff, i feel the same way about y'all as well... :-)

what have i learned during blitzes I-III?...well, many, many things i thought i knew about myself, but didn't...i learned that i am nowhere near as disciplined as i thought i was and that i cannot be trusted around off-plan foods and frankenfoods...i need them out of the house...

i learned that i need the short leash of the daily weigh-in and the manageability of the WEEKLY rather than longer term goal...i learned that my weight can fluctuate by several lbs. over a day or two, so that i no longer am ruled or panicked by the scale - but it can be a tool to tell me what direction i'm headed in - i guess the scale has become more like a compass for me that a judge's gavel...

i've learned that i need a support group to help me through this process - that i am independent in most other ways - but not in this one...and you guys have become like a family that understands how tough this is and cares about how i do each day...i've learned that i need to post here every day to keep myself accountable - just memorializing my behavior is an important deterrent for me...

i've learned that i am only as good or as bad as my last snack or meal - that i need to cheat once in a while to feel like i have control, and that i am really committed to this new woe and relationship with food, so although sometimes i cannot be trusted to stay on the horse, i seem to be trustworthy at getting back on the horse...

and i've learned THAT I CAN DO THIS!...i've done it for 9 months, which is at least 3 times longer than i've ever stuck to any plan...you guys deserve most of the credit for that - THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!...

so, weigh-in will take place in a bit and i'll be back with the tale of the scale...i guess i will do my final blitz III weigh-in tomorrow and that will determine my overall blitz III results...i will the have a short week, as i will keep my official weigh-in day as thursday...

i will set up a blitz IV thread tomorrow and provide a link for anyone interested in joining us...i hope all of you will be there...i'd hate to spend the next three months talking to myself! :-)
tony

Last edited by tony8; 12-30-2010 at 06:14 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 06:51 AM   #804
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatferenghi View Post
so wonderful to be spending it with y'all. By the time I get back from Jury duty, I am expecting BLITZ IV to be up and running. So, how have I improved in the last 9 months, apart from the weight loss? I have learned that austerity and rigor needs to be softened, from time to time. Sometimes, all the planning and calculating can go out the window, as EVENTS are master over all. I learned to be able to ENDURE an episode, and get back on the horse. I am learning which foods i can keep in the house with a minimum of risk, (the low carb ice cream), and which must be kept at work (the bread, and most cheeses). I have no problem with everyone around me eating all the traditional high carb goodies. I am even able to enjoy the aroma of those goodies, without going into a high carb binge. I have kept my FRANKENFOODS within a reasonable amount. FRANKENFOODS are not evil. They must be used as an alternative to off plan eating, not as the mainstay of a low carb plan. I believe that these BLITZES I-III helped keep me accountable and acted as a catalyst toward developing and maintaining better food related behaviors. Happy New Year to us all, and to our nearest and dearest (who are y'all as well). FF
I agree with your statement about FRANKENFOODS. Use only occasionally, in moderation, not a mainstay. However, I am trying to use them less and less though. See you in Blitz IV

Tony, what you learned with the blitzes is great. I need the support too. The group(s) I joined when I started this journey have fizzled and I miss those people. I have struggled with finding a new "home"; popping in and out of various places. The problem is, that is seems very cliquish (if that is such a word). Sometimes looking like a "chat" room with private conversations. I hope that this thread stays open for others to join. Thanks for taking the lead in starting a new Blitz IV thread.

Last edited by vli1127; 12-30-2010 at 06:55 AM..
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
hey marilee, nice to see your face!
I decided, "what the heck", it's who I am!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #806

i pulled the wabbit out of the hat!!!

i dropped 0.8 lbs for the week. i am pleased as (low carb) punch. so, beg. April 1 thru Dec 30 2010, I went from 372.8 down to 305.2 or 67.6 total, which averages out to 7.5 a month for the 9 months. I am pregnant with satisfaction. Imagine if i could have exercised on a regular basis. But, that will happen...eventually. When i think of all the saturated fat i have consumed, most people (who are ignorant of the glories of low carb)would wonder why i did not gain 67.6 lbs or be pushing up the daisies by now. Let's keep them guessing. I just finished lunch: 1/2 of a low carb pita (3 1/2 gr),inside of which was 2 T cream cheese(less than 1 gr), 1 oz Kraft extra sharp cheddar sliced thinly (less than 1 gr), 1 thin slice tomato and cucumber (no onion today, drat), and 2 oz wild alaskan smoked salmon (less than 1 gr) for a total of 6 gr (give or take a molecule or 2). I had no bkfst today. For dinner I have about 12 oz baked tilapia, and unsalted chinese veggies sauted in butter with generous garlic, black pepper and red pepper flakes (pepperoncino). I must go hunting for a nice thick steak for Sunday, and a celery root to make celeriac fries (see the foto in one of LCFs food porn threads. ) I am gonna miss all u guys while i am trying to straighten out the NYS Dept of Justice. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

great news, ff!...what an awesome 9-month accomplishment!!!...we'll miss you too...hurry back... :-)

vicki, we have all tried to keep this thread as open and inviting as possible...no judgment, no cliques - just a great group of supportive people all trying to help each other...the more folks post, the more we get to know them and the more they become part of the fabric here...but a newbie is as much a part of the team here as an oldie like me :-)

don't know how, but i hit 211 on the scale today, so i am within 1 lb. of my all-blitzes low...i'm grateful to be there and tomorrow's official blitz-end weigh-in is almost assured to be a decent number...i'll do the best i can this weekend with all the food, parties, etc. and hit the ground running on monday...

we're gonna have our best blitz ever - i can feel it!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #808
Major LCF Poster!

btw, marilee, you have a very nice face - you should show it off :-)
Old 12-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #809
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, way cool, within 1 lb of blitz goal. Yahoo.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Tony Congratulations!!!!!!! 1 pound to go - yahoo!

Vicki, is that a picture you took from your recent trip?

ff-if you are "pregnant with satisfaction" that means you'll drop any 25 or so in 9 months Take care and please keep in touch - we will miss your wittiness and "otherworldliness" (yes, I looked up ferenghi in my Funk and Wagnal's)

Can't wait for this year to end - most hopeful for a better 2011!

TTYL
Closed Thread