Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #571
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Hi everyone,
I'm hanging in there but the scale isn't moving down much (bouncing down then up or same next day then down) I have yet to see the new low I was looking at before Thanksgiving and feeling a bit discouraged.
Yesterday ate-- couple bites scrambled eggs breakfast (cleaned my daughters plate of what she didn't eat),
ate out for lunch--vietnamese beef soup (Pho--pronounced Fuh) without rice noodles, --the broth is quite salty with this soup so I may be retaining water...
dinner was chinese greens with garlic and steamed ginger cod (I made this myself)--once again a bit salty

Now that I'm actually looking at what I ate I'm hoping I'm just retaining water and will have a big whoosh tomorrow.

Today have had a small salad with shrimp and about 1/4 cup egg salad.

Dinner will be stirfry with green beans, pork, zuchinni, red pepper and thai basil--also
asian cabbage salad. I made dinner and am taking it to my cousin's house--I will really try not to eat too much. But will have some salt once again... I love asian food and make it myself most the time to avoid added starches and sugar but it can be salty!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/218.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys, great to see y'all...

ff, you're discipline is legendary!

marilee, happy i made you laugh :-)

hi shadows, i picked up some more sugar-free jello tonight - 10 calories per little cup...very satisfying...

hi jenny, i'm sure you are retaining water...i use low-salt soy sauce but even that is salty...i love chinese food...you and i are so much alike - my breakfast often consists of eating the eggs left on my son's plate in the a.m. :-)

had a good day today:
b: 1 chicken wing
l: none
s: none
d: 3 chicken wings and veggies

the scale has been at 212 the past 2 days so i'm counting on losing a couple of pounds this week...my goal is 213, but i'd be thrilled to get back to 211, which is where i was 2 weeks ago!...

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 12-01-2010, 04:53 AM   #573
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
WHAT WAS I THINKING???

that 1 10.88 oz piece of fish(pre-cooked weight) would be enough??? Duh!!! I love fish, but it is not filling, not 10 oz, not 3 lbs 10 oz. 1/2 hr later, I had one of my delicious baked chicken chests. 1 hr after that, i consumed chicken chest #2. That did it. I am still not hungry at 7:42 a.m. EST. I believe I will be able to content myself with a low carb HC for my late bkfst. If this had been a summer evening (and not raining), I would be outside, on the bench, listening to my walkman, out of sight, and out of mind. I will just have to deal with the fact that this time of year, i will be eating more at night. I thank the Gods that I had no more chicken chests available. Oh, by the way, I did not exceed my WW daily quota of points, as I had only the 2 oz of cheese, and the diet HC earlier in the day. Also, my total net carbs was 5 grams for the day, plus whatever carbs were in the vitamins and pharmaceuticals. FF
Old 12-01-2010, 05:06 AM   #574
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ahem, ff, it was 6:42, not 7:42 est...how do i know?...cuz it's only 7:05 now! :-)

i've been getting away with eating more at night by eating less during the day - thanks to your advice!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:04 AM   #575

thanks for the space time continuum update, tony8

well, this Saturday I am making a pilgrimage to Wendys. And i am not going to be alone. I am taking 2 slices of low carb toast, Heinz low carb ketchup, for the baconator with cheese, for the side salad, i am bringing 1/2 oz walnuts, and Newman's (the actor, not the mail carrier)creamy Caesar's dressing (1 gr per 2 T). the last time I was there (end of May), I had a triple baconator w/o low carb bread. I want to see of the fiber from the bread and the side salad will offset the need for a double or triple burger. If not, i can always get another. For drink, I will have a large diet coke and/or coffee. Best of luck to us on weigh-in tomrrow. (I think our gypsy boy -WS-is away again. I hope he is okay and on-plan) FF
Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

don't mention it, ff :-)

ff, i'm drooling!

out of curiosity, i went back and read some of the early posts from blitz I...kbeth showed up on the 2nd day and i showed up on the 13th and with ff, we are the only three left from that period...thank goodness, jenny came on board early on as well as she saved me a couple of times!...wow, where did everyone else go???

we went through some lean times, but we have a great group here now...hang in there everyone!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Today's challenge

Today our office is having it's annual Christmas tree decorating party in the lobby. Everyone brings a food item to share and it is always cookies, cakes, doughnuts, etc. - you get the idea - "just shoot me now" food. Every year I bring a veggie tray with dip, and I did the same this year. My boss/friend watches her eating and she is bringing in cheese and grapes so, I plan on staying on plan. Prayers are appeciated!!!!

ff-that hamburger sounds wonderul, but I'm a Burger King or Carl's Jr. fan myself

Well, work awaits - TTYL

Marilee
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee and ff, you guys are making me hungry!

the scale said 210 this a.m...now the trick will be to see what it says tomorrow on official weigh-in day...it is nice being 4 lbs. lighter than i was on TG morning...

i am really starting to think that for me anyway, and right now anyway, increasing calories for 1-2 days and then restricting them for 4-5 days seems to be giving me the best results in weight loss...i think i'm tricking my body in some way and it is keeping the trend moving downward...

i have days where i just am not craving anything or even getting that hungry and so i take advantage of those days by eating a small LC, low-cal snack every 2-3 hours during the day to ward off the hunger and that leaves me plenty of latitude for supper...but yesterday for instance, i wasn't that hungry at night either, so i ate a few chicken wings and veggies and went to sleep...i was completely satisfied but don't think i ate 1000 calories...

not every day is gonna be like that, but if you take advantage of those days, you can survive the other days with much less damage...just sharing my experiences! :-)
Old 12-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
the scale said 210 this a.m...
Old 12-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Jenny, I love Asian food,too, and always puff up from the salt in it. We have an amazing Asian buffet restaurant here. Fortunately, I have moved much further away from it than I used to live. They put out SF and even vegetarian entrees and used everything fresh for it, so I used to always convince myself that it was healthy. Homemade is much healthier.

Tony, the original crew of the starship Blitz may be smaller but us mid-mission recruits are still happy to be here.

Marilee, I'm glad you have support for the party. Those can be treacherous to get through.

FF, I never eat at fast food places, but you sure make that one sound tempting. WTG on sticking with your LC foods and within your WW points.

Jenny and Tony, your menus are so light compared to mine. Is that because you are so much closer to goal? I haven't broken my fast yet today, but plan to with 3 boiled eggs, mayo and mustard (AKA egg salad). Then I have a chuck roast cooking for my 2nd meal and plan to eat as much of it as I am hungry for, maybe with some mushrooms on the side. For me, that's a good clean day of eating.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #581

just got some new WW material...

specifically, the DINING OUT COMPANION. The Baconator single is 26 points. But the Bacon Deluxe Single is only 17 pts. I have to believe that the latter is a lighter weight, or w/o cheese. I might as well have that one for 9 points less (as long as it is sitting between 2 slices of my low carb toast, i probably won't notice the difference)also, my leader said I can deduct 5 points for a bunless burger. so, now we are down to 12 pts. Add 1 point for my lo-carb toast. Now we are up to 13. I am bringing my own ketchup, and will ask for the mayo on the side. i just need a smidgen of each for the flavor. I still want to taste the burger. If it is cheeseless, i will get a slice of cheese. (2 pts for a total of 14) Incomplete w/o the cheese. This is not a lunch, it is a holy sacrament. FF
Old 12-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

I am about 20 to 25lbs from goal depending on how skinny I want to be--in all reality I probably could stand to lose more like 30 but I don't know if I could keep that off so at this time I'm aiming for 20 by Feb. 21st--if I don't make that I will be okay with it but it just helps me to stay focused when I have a specific goal.

I guess my menu is light cuz if I eat more, I don't lose or even gain, even if it's healthy foods I'm eating! I do eat when I'm hungry though because I don't have the will power not to, and there are days when I eat more quanity than others...

I sometimes will have a glass of almond milk--you can buy it in a cardboard box for the pantry or fresh in the milk case (almond breeze is the brand I use) and it has 1 net carb per cup and only 40 calories. It makes a really good on the go snack too. Just a little tip for anyone that hasn't tried it.

Well, I'm down a pound today but still up two from Thanksgiving--arrghh--I really didn't feel like I went crazy or anything either but it's probably just water. I worked out/lifted weights on Monday (still sore today) and will go on a 45 minute walk today...

Will have turkey broth with vegetables/diced meat for lunch and I still haven't come up with an idea for dinner. The hardest part of cooking for me is figuring out what to make!
Old 12-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #583

well, tonight i am calling the diner for delivery.

it will probably be bacon cheeseburgers again, or maybe a steak. i am always in the mood for STEAK!!! The diner in my neighborhood has pretty decent prices. well, we shall see. FF
Old 12-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm having steak for dinner tonight, too! Yummy - can't wait.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

jenny, thanks for the info on the almond milk - i'm gonna try that!...sounds like you're doing great...you'll drop those 2 TG lbs. pretty quickly, if you haven't already...

i think we're all doing very well and have survived the first big eating holiday relatively unscathed...i'm proud of all of us... :-)

no steak tonight, but i did eat three center-cut pork chops - baked and delicious...with some asparagus...had a good day today...hope the scale is kind tomorrow...

shadows, the last few days my eating has been light, but i have days when i eat quite a bit more...i'm learning to listen to my body - when i am really hungry, i eat more but try to eat healthy...that keeps me from craving bad stuff for days...then it seems after a hungry day or two, i'm not so hungry for 3-5 days and i don't force myself to eat a certain amount on those days...i eat light cuz it's easy to do that on those days...

friends arriving from nashville tomorrow - wish me luck on making good choices until monday!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:57 AM   #586

wound up with chinese again.

but...i did not finish the food. i still have 2 roast pork egg fu young patties left. i had 1 pint container of ATKINS-IZED shrimp and broccoli (3 gr), large order of ribs (zero carbs), and 1 efy patty-0.5 gr. Still not hungry. Today is weigh-in day. As I have not been doing any exercise, i am not expecting miracles on the scale. I will be delirious if the number is even 1 lb down. FF
Old 12-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good luck, ff...my weigh-in day too...if i can be back to 211 - where i was the week before TG, i will consider it a moral victory...but as long as i'm down below last week's 214, i'll be satisfied...
Old 12-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #588

good omen. i still am not hungry.

i am not even having my HC. i have water, coffee, and green tea. my diet peach snapple is in the fridge. i will use that to wash down my 2 oz block of cheese. My most valuable xmas present will be to get below 300 lbs before the new year. FF
Old 12-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and the results are in!

ff, that will be an AMAZING accomplishment...i'll come over and eat all your steak if that will help get you there!

well, i weighed in at 211 this morning - 3 lbs. down from last week and exactly where i was two weeks ago...not sure whether i should laugh or cry...

but i am shooting for 210 this week, and this is a pretty good "jumping off" point...i will be challenged by having guests and feeding them lavishly for the next 4 days...so if i can do all that and still hit 210, i will be VERY happy!

b: a few greek olives and small piece of feta cheese
l: greek yogurt and olives
s: ?
d: marinated steak tips
Old 12-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
have you seen this?

someone posted this on another thread. i think it's a great visual to illustrate that it's not the day to day or even week to week losses and gains that matter as much as the overall trend. check it out:

http:////www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/...-tweaking.html

here's today's food:
B: 3 eggs, green smoothie, coconut oil and cacao
L: sausage and peppers, salad with dressing, cocout oil and cacao
D: leftover hanukkah roast chicken, celery, carrots, onions (will leave the potatoes for my husband and daughter), salad with dressing, flax seed

by the way weight-wise, i gained about 9 pounds back after the long weekend! it's amazing how quickly it comes on. then again, i should probably have gained considering the extent of my cheats.

have a great day everyone, llm
Old 12-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #591
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
woops - here's the link:

Impatience Killed The Cat .. or Why To Stop Obsessing and Tweaking ...

cool, huh?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #592

went to my new and improved WW meeting.

they "splained" all the changes. i must say, although i will continue to adhere to ATKINS, there is no reason why everyone needs to. Not everyone wants to be so austere in their daily carb limitations. I do it because of my diseased and alien metabolism. But I believe their new plan has quite a lot going for it. I get more daily points now. And more weekly optional points. It looks as if I will be having more steaks more often of the price is right that is. Now for the good news. I am down 6 lbs since 2 weeks ago. It works baby, it works!!!. so, from 4/1/10 thru 12/2/10 372.8 down to 308.8. 9 more lbs to 2DORLAND. it is not an unreasonable expectation that i could get there by year end. BUT...it will happen, when it will happen. I will try to get a few good walks in Dec, but no promises, esp with my right foot. FF
Old 12-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
FF, Way to go! That is amazing that you dropped 6 pounds in 2 weeks -- AND over the Great American Eating Holiday. You rock!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
FF, awesome job.

LLM, the graph that TaDa posted looks great.

cheeseburger soup
grapefruit
celery
this was supper tonight.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Way to go FF! You must feel great, eating like a monk paid off!

I'm back down to my pre thanksgiving weight--now on to new numbers for me soon, I hope!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:06 AM   #596

so glad it is Friday.

also, i proved to myself that i could live without low carb bread if i had to. Sat-Thurs(low carb) bread free.Today, for bkfst: I am having, between 2 slices of low carb toast: smoked wild salmon-3 oz, cream cheese, tomato, lettuce, and less than 1 thin slice of onion. For lunch, i will check out the hospital cafeteria, otherwise chicken of the sea. I must remember to take 2 slices home with me for the sacred Wendy's ritual tomorrow. I want to see if 1 single bacon burger will be enough, with the fiber in the bread, and the side salad. Ahh, the things I am compelled to do for science!!! btw, please check out the lounge for my latest bit entitled THE VALUE OF HEALTHY EATING. FF
Old 12-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratlations, ff! Awesome job - you are an inspiration.

I'm bummed because the scale hasn't moved in 5 days...... Oh, well! Consistency, consistency, consistency.

Hi everyone!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
thanks for the link...i will check out all the great info later when i have a few minutes...been busy with the nashville songwriter series i am sponsoring tonight at the store...

i just wanted to CONGRATULATE ff and jenny for your great efforts the past week or two...and to let mama know that the pounds will come off too...you're really not at an unhealthy weight, so be kind to yourself - btw, i missed you :-)

great to see you too vicki - nice menu!

hey shadows!!! :-)

see y'all later...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #599

chicken of the sea for lunch....again!!!

fortunately, i love it. mixed the 5 oz of solid white with a cup of salad, 1T of Newman's creamy Caesar dressing and 1/2 oz walnuts sprinkled on top. it is really good! Went down to the cafeteria and got a double order of baked chicken with some bits of pepper and onion. If i eat it really slow, i just might have some left over for a post- Wendy's snack when i get home tomorrow. I have a coupon for a temporary membership at BJs. So looking forward to that on Sunday. it will be a first for me. although i do not have a large freezer, it is comparatively empty right now. And, i have a coupon for a temporary membership. There is a $45.00 saving right there. FF
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the congrats Tony--I saw a new number on the scale today and am down 22 lbs now. I'm feeling pretty good today!

Yesterday ate:

1 cup almond milk
1 small piece no nitrite sausage (80 cal worth)

grassfed beef with asian greens, shitake mushrooms, green onions, tofu, etc.

2 organic range free chicken drumsticks

Not alot of food but I wasn't starving or anything--also drank alot of water yesterday which I think really helped with hunger.

I know it isn't possible for alot of people because of cost, but I am really focusing on eating high quality food and just eating alot less of it. I'm doing it for my health but also for the health of our planet and society.

No judgement at all on anyone (FF for going to Wendy's for your burger)--I'm just at a place in my life where it is a part of my health goals to eat as natural/clean/whole foods as possible and I'm making it a priority to do so...but I'm very blessed in many ways to even think about my food in this way. I have read alot of information that has led me to believe that it's best for my long term health to support this way of raising and growing food (as well as my grandchildren's!)

I practice what I preach as our family has a small cherry orchard that we grow organically--we do all the labor in harvesting the fruit as well as marketing and selling it--so I try and support other farmers doing the same, because I want this kind of food to continue to be available as a choice.

I just read Micheal Pollan's "In Defense of Food" and it talks alot about this idea and also has some really sound advice about how to eat--it isn't a low carb book but really valuable information. In a nutshell it says our poor health in America (Diabetes, heart disease, obestiy) is from our diet and any culture/people that is connected to it's food source and eating whole unadulterated foods is going to be way healthier. The human body is hugely adaptable but it hasn't been able to adapt to the Western Diet because it is so stripped of nutrients and whole foods--the whole way we produce/grow our food is so disconnected from people, etc. Anyways alot to think about!
Closed Thread