Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Hi, all! Sorry to be AFK. I have been totally swamped at work. I am hanging in here, getting back on track after my loosening the reins a bit when my friend was visiting from out of town (for a midway celebration between our two birthdays). Mostly sticking to meat and eggs (with a little cocoa powder for amusement) this week until the big holiday feast. I have been working so much, I haven't had much time to think about it. Mostly plan to stick with stuff I make myself, try to ignore the carbs, and pray, I guess.

Congrats on all the losses! Very impressive in this season. I'm kind of holding the course with my weight, which isn't a bad thing right now.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/227.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi vicki and shadows, i'm so happy to see you guys... :-)

vicki, i don't think the merry-go-round ever stops...but i think we can slow it down to a speed where we are in control of when we get on and off...

shadows, you're right - during this season, you've done well not to lose too much ground...the trickiest season is just ahead...stay strong!...

have had a good day:
b: hb egg
l: roast chicken slice
s: hb egg
d: chicken and veggie stir-fry
Old 11-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
I definitely have to be here with a Blitz group after the New Year because I have some goals to meet as far away as Feb 20 (my departure date for Hawaii!) Anyways, there's no way I want to think about doing it without you guys!

I'm holding steady (no loss) but did eat some popcorn (small amount) AGAIN--what is it with me and popcorn???? I only ate like 2 cups worth and didn't eat dinner that night in exchange and I haven't gained from it--but I might of lost without it who knows.

Oh well, today I've had some turkey and green beans and for dinner grass fed sirlon tip , green pepper, onion, and mushroom. That will probably be it for today. I'm going to try and drink more water.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Please keep the Blitz!

I need all of you! I vote for continuing with whomever wishes to be a part. Yes, we are learning, but we are human and stumble and need support and encouragement. I can't do this alone either....and, I finally found a group that isn't superficial and that I can relate to.

My birthday was Saturday and I went out to dinner with my girlfriend - no I wasn't totally good - I had a piece of cake for desert. No one twisted my arm, I chose to celebrate my day with a piece. So now I'm up 2 pounds but drinking lots of water and eating meat and small salads. I refuse to take a guilt trip because that makes things worse!

To those of you who are losing - GOOD JOB!!!!! To those of you staying the same - GOOD JOB!!!!

Have a peaceful evening....

Marilee
Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, marilee!!!...i certainly don't think you should beat yourself up for having a piece of cake on your birthday...sounds like you you're back on plan - keep it up and those couple of lbs. will be off you in no time... :-) btw, we can relate to you too, girl...

jenny, i'm lying here on the couch and was fighting off a popcorn craving when i read your post...i was trying to give myself all the reasons a small bowl of smartfood popcorn was a smart idea...lol...okay, you get to indulge this time and it'll be my turn next time...deal?...and as usual, your menu makes me feel like i'm eating prison food! :-)

okay, i'm hoping ff will hear our pleas and change his mind about starting a new blitz on 1/1/11...but if he has had enough of us, i will have to figure out how to set one up (FF, HELP!)...i may sound wimpy, but i need you guys...i really would not have gotten this far without you and i might have slipped all the way back at a few points without your help...

if you guys want to continue, i'm in for sure, and if not, i'll be in this thread talking to myself for three months, pretending you guys are reading my posts... :-)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
Old 11-23-2010, 03:52 AM   #516
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
we can still have a Blitz, I just won't be running it.

And there is still all the other areas of LCF. Also, i WILL be visiting whatever Blitz there is. The troll is here to stay (unless a ship comes to rescue me)FF
Old 11-23-2010, 04:10 AM   #517

i am curious about everyone's TG plans.

I am postponing the stuffing, too much to do. not enough time, and too much to shlepp to NJ. For me, there will be turkey, veg, salad, 1 glass of wine, and my low carb dessert. I am not really sure if I will do the low carb cranberry relish either. I won't know until this evening. By the time I finish work, I am totally shaggers (not from physical toil, but from this blasted computer which is as slow as molasses, as well as other similar frustrations). i had a wonderful 2 shell steaks last night(1.46 lbs before cooking, with the other 1/2 cup of sauted veggies. What a wonderful dinner. I deserved it. COW IS KING!!! FF
Old 11-23-2010, 04:37 AM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, that's a relief!

hi ff, so we can continue on as usual after 1/1/11?...i have no idea what is involved in setting up or running this thread, but if no one else wants to do it, i'd be happy to...i may need some help figuring it out...

sounds like you will have a great dinner...i'm thinking turkey, broccoli in cheese sauce, a little squash, a small slice of LC pumpkin pie and a taste of meat stuffing...i'm gonna taste a few things i don't normally eat, but restrict the damage... :-)

then right back on the horse for friday...
Old 11-23-2010, 05:28 AM   #519

all that is necessary to create THE BLITZ is:

click new thread, and put in the title. & voila... le blitz. FF
Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My TG dinner

Here's my menu:

Roast turkey - love that dark meat
LC bean casserole or brussel sprouts cooked in onion and bacon
Yellow squash for color
LC pumpkin pie or pudding (whichever is easier!)

Sounds delish!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff, whew!...i'm getting tired just thinking about it! :-)

marilee, that does sound delish!...i love the dark meat too!

Last edited by tony8; 11-23-2010 at 06:34 AM..
Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 AM   #522

i figured out why my pants are not looser.

they have spandex around the waist. so they stretch in both directions, out and in (to a point). The program works, and i am sticking to it like greed to a Ferenghi. Had my usual tuna on lc bread for bkfst. For lunch i will have 2 oz of KRAFT extra sharp cheddar, remembering to eat it as slowly as possible. I only get it when it is on sale. I bought 2 10 oz packs. I know I could get it cheaper if i bought the Shoprite label. BUT...there is something about the red foil which turns it into a special ritual. I keep it at work. It seems I have more control over ice cream than cheese lately. Go figure. I haven't a clue what I will have for dinner. I can't look at one more spare rib. I will probably call the dinner for a fish filet & a twin cheeseburger (w/o the bun). Fish is just not filling. But i love fish. btw:why are fish thin? They eat fish. (That is Seinfeld, not FF) FF
Old 11-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #523
Senior LCF Member

I'm making mashed cauliflower, brussel sprouts, roasted pumpkin, low carb cranberry sauce and of course turkey--I'm also making a recipe for low carb pecan pie which I've never tried before (sometimes new recipes don't turn out too good so we'll see) I shouldn't be deprived one bit.

Of course there will be lots of other high carb options (rolls, stuffing, potatos, yams with carmel sauce, peas and onions in cream sauce) but I don't really care about that stuff--I care about keeping these pounds OFF!

If you have the energy and skill to cook you can eat REALLY well with low carb, that's one of the reason's I love it so much.

Don't worry Tony we'll figure out how to start a new thread for 2011--I'm definitely in.
I've been holding steady with no weight loss this week but I think tomorrow might be the day, I'm feeling skinnier.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 AM   #524

yet another cheese accomplishment.

2 oz of Kraft Xtra sharp cheddar is a mere 1.2 inches short. Yet (pausing to hear the roar of the crowds), I made it last 15 minutes. All the same, I am glad I am keeping it here, and not at home.Now I am waiting for the fat to get into my bloodstream to give me the feeling of satiety. Cheese and food in general tastes better, i find, when i have bought it at discount, or on sale. FF
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
A troll, what do you mean ff?

We are eating at a Hospice house for T'day. They are providing turkey and anyone who is coming brings a dish with something in it LOL. I am taking several things because I know I can eat it. Linda Sue's Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes; Cranberry Fluff; Jody's Pumpkin Bake.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinchster View Post
I definitely have to be here with a Blitz group after the New Year because I have some goals to meet as far away as Feb 20 (my departure date for Hawaii!) Anyways, there's no way I want to think about doing it without you guys!
I'm with you. I just challenged myself with an exercise goal that doesn't wrap until Feb. I could use all the support and accountability I can get.

FF, so if we start a new blitz in January, will you come? Otherwise, you know, we'll just have to follow you are LCF waiting for those pearls of wisdom to drop. It could be quite a parade.

I did my shopping for Thanksgiving today. Found out my store will do a rotisserie turkey for you, and a neighbor who works there swears there is no sugar in or on them. You can pick them up Thanksgiving morning. So guess who isn't fighting her tempermental oven this year? (I swear, unless you rotate things every 20 mins. in that oven, you can end up with one side burned and the other raw.) I made a menu, made a shopping list from it, and stuck to the list. Now if I just stick to my plan for T-day and the weekend, we're good.

Marilee,

Jenny, your menu sounds great. I have people with wildly divergent eating habits and personal customs coming to my place. Aside from the turkey, I am providing some LC sides (roasted cauliflower with mushroom sauce, and an hors d'oevre tray) and a LC dessert (either Atkins' pumpkin pie w/pecan crust or a SF vegan pumpkin custard, if I can find the recipe). But everyone always brings dishes, because of their eating styles. One is a vegan and will probably bring tofurkey and some other vegan side. One doesn't cook and will probably bring cranberry wild rice salad from the deli and a gluten/sugar pie from the bakery. One is Italian and wouldn't dream of Thanksgiving without lasagna. And so on. You get the point. I think I'll be sticking to my own cooking mostly, and make everyone take everything home with them afterwards. It's the leftovers that are the real danger.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
i am greatly relieved that you want to continue on after new year's...i'm in in in in in :-)

jenny, i am so proud of you - sounds like you are in complete control...stay strong...

vicki, is the hospice visit a volunteer thing? - hope no one you know is in there...what a generous way to give thanks...

shadows - that rotosserie turkey sounds yummy and tempting!...i'll be battling a 24-pounder all day...good luck being around all that great, diverse food!...

i may have lost weight a little too quickly these past 4 weeks - i've been starving the past two days and as of yesterday was still up a pound for the week...i've been here before and there is comfort in knowing i've survived and will get past this period...but it is frustrating...

been drinking water and satisfying myself with LC choices, but still too many calories...this type of body revolt along with TG being tomorrow can form the perfect storm of weight-gain...so i'm desperately trying not to lose too much hard-fought ground...

i'm think i'm gonna need all the help i can get after the holidays... :-)

ff, my hands hurt from applauding your restraint with the cheese!...good job, my man...just wanted to tell you i will be thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow - this being your first holiday without your mom...i know how difficult that is...best wishes, my friend...

where the heck is kbeth???...if you're reading this, happy thanksgiving, kid!... :-)
Old 11-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi everyone,
our fearless leader ff called me this morning and wanted me to extend his sincere wish that all of you have a wonderful and LC thanksgiving!...i concur... :-)

i'll check back a bit later...
Old 11-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Stay safe.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:27 PM   #530
Blabbermouth!!!

Tony, future MIL is in Hospice. Spending it there since she can't make it out.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Well I cooked and cleaned like a crazy lady today and am feeling pretty ready for T day tommorrow--we're doing at my house. I ate really well today.

Had spinach egg frittata for breakfast
roasted chicken breast--veggies and dip-- lunch
spinach salad with hardboiled egg and bacon--dinner

Lotsa water

probably more carbs than normal but all veggies so I'm not worried.

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Old 11-25-2010, 03:55 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

marilee, happy thanksgiving back at ya!...

vicki, wishing you and your fiance and future MIL many smiles today...

jenny, i am so proud of you!...if we lived closer, i'd be over for leftovers tomorrow :-)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!...i am so thankful to have all of you in my life!
tony
Old 11-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

just wanted to wish you all a wonderful holiday.

enjoy and be well!
Old 11-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #534
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
Old 11-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey guys,
hope all of you had a wonderful thanksgiving...

the day started off with official weigh-in and i was at 214 - three pounds over last week...and 4 lb's over my 16-year low which i hit one day last week (although i suspect i was dehydrated a bit that day)...definitely a bummer...

not that i deserved it, but yesterday i was drifting off plan, tasting several things that have not been in my diet for months and even though i only tried small portions, i know i'm gonna pay for it this week...i guess i am trying to get into damage-control mode as quickly as possible...but today driving 4 hrs to conn to in-laws and more food...tough day to climb back on the horse, but i'm gonna do it!

this is tough, isn't it?

hope u guys did better than i did! i could use some success stories right about now... :-)
Old 11-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi mama and kbeth...great to see you girls! :-)
Old 11-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Tony, I am drifting too. One of these days I will get back on track. Hopefully sooner than later.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #538
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I drifted too, but it could have been worse. What's that old saying, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"? Well, I laid another piece of pavement

Enough said - it's a new day!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well, it was thanksgiving - and we were all surrounded by great food, and we're human...enough said... :-)

i had a better day yesterday...still a lot of food around but i stayed on plan and limited portions and did well...another example of how much better i am this time and with your help, as i am not letting a small slip become a loooong slip...one day off and then right back on...

scale held at 214 yesterday, so i'm looking forward to losing the next 3-4 lbs. AGAIN in the next few weeks...sheesh :-)

how is everyone else???
Old 11-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Tony--
I did okay--could have been better could have been worse...I'm up about 3 lbs but I think it will probably come off in the next week. Like you, I hate losing the same pounds over again but at least it will only be 3 and not 20!

Everyone just left and I'm pretty exhausted after cooking and cleaning up for everyone for 2.5 days straight. Also made a gazillion christmas cookies which made a huge mess (had the help of a five and six year old!) We had fun though. I'm boiling turkey bones right now for a soup, will just add some veggies. So that should be some nourshing light eating for me for the next few days...
Closed Thread