Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/236.8/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hey guys,
our quasi-thanksgiving dinner on sunday kinda got me off track a bit...more carbs sunday and monday than i had eaten in three weeks...i was at 214 yesterday and 213 this morning and the 211 weekly goal is looking like a real longshot since i haven't paid the full price for my transgression yet...

it sucks as i was feeling so great - WHY DO I DO THIS???...anyway, it is over - i am back on plan and angry at myself for countering my momentum voluntarily...

mama, i have to smile every time i see your avatar... :-) and congrats on making it through a whole day - the first 2-3 days are the toughest...stay away from bedbugs!...i am paranoid about them - you should see me checking under mattresses, etc. when i check into a hotel room...

shadows, good luck with the fast...i understand completely about the carbs and appetite...hang in there!

today's plan:
b: 2 chicken wings
l: cheese stick
s: 6 almonds
d: baked chicken (i think)

245 244 243 242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214 213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
hi all,

it's actually just a regular-type mommy and me class (singing, play stations, crafts, etc.), but it's at the library and hence free. we're big fans of the free classes! but due to the bed bugs, we went grocery shopping instead today. man, was i fighting those cravings again today. all day i was convinced that eating bagel after bagel would have been the best thing ever to do today. thank goodness that somewhere within me was the memory that a few days ago, when i was eating bagel after bagel all day, i was not very happy and absolutely craving LC living. so, one more day down...hoping this gets easier soon. here's my plan for day 3:

B: 2 eggs, smoothie (6-8 oz. greens,water, and stevia)
L: 4 oz. protein(probably buffalo), 8 oz. salad, cup cooked LC veg. (kale)
D: 4 oz protein (probably sausage), 8 oz salad or smoothie, cup cooked LC veg

up to 4 T oil/fat spread thoughout meals, T cacao,water, and supplements in between meals

thanks again for the tremendous support. have a peaceful evening.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #453
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: warriorscholar
Stats: 355/267/205 6' 2"
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: July 1st 2007
Hey all,

I'm still here. Just checking in.

Cheers,
Old 11-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #454
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: flatferenghi
wish me luck!!!

I made a dangerous purchase. Breyers Carb Control ice cream comes in 1 size only...the half gallon size. It is still untouched. I have to learn restraint some time in my life. I intend to let it sit there in the freezer, until the weekend. then only 1 scoop every 3 days. I must ritualize this or I will get careless. A great deal (I would say at least 50%) of what I need to lose derives from ice cream indulgence (especially pistachio). Today is my 30th anniversary at my current employ. I will have my last piece of cheesecake to mark the occasion. My wish is that everyone finds it easier to stay on plan especially for the hump period of Blitz III (TG thru Xmas) FF
Old 11-17-2010, 05:20 AM   #455

just finished my last piece of cheesecake.(4 grams)

I made it last 25 minutes. I used a spoon, and then cut each little amount in half. I got a beautiful package of boneless Shell steaks 1.46 lbs. (and, no, i could not hear the sea, when I put them to my surgically transformed lobes). Making it tonite. It's gonna be a long day. The point is that u can eat very luxuriously, and still lose weight. I am certainly living proof of that. Oh, i feel the cheesecake now. it has entered my bloodstream. I am not full, but satisfied. I can easily make it to lunchtime (1 PM) w/o stress. FF
Old 11-17-2010, 06:40 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/336.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Good morning all.

ff-you are a lot stronger than I am and I give you a lot of credit for not eating the whole container of ice cream. I love ice cream and it's part of the reason I'm the size I am.

We are getting down to the toughest time of the year - it is going to be difficult to stay strong, but we have each other for support, which is amazing! I appreciate it that no one is judgmental in this group - I live with that in my private life every day so I sure don't need it anywhere else - especially on a support site so THANK YOU!!!!!!

I dropped another pound and am pleased with that.

Best get to work TTYL

Marilee
Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #457

Gibby...it will be difficult ONLY if we make it so.

The trick is to make sure that what on plan food u are eating is attractive to the palate AND the eyes and nose. There are so many low carb recipes out there, and many others that can be converted to low carb. Even if I louse up the ones i am making for my(earth) brother's TG table, there will still be plenty of" innocent" food available at table. "Won't u have some of this, or some of that?" "No, thanks." No explanation necessary, unless asked why. I plan to make a sausage based stuffing, a low carb crustless pumpkin pie, and a low carb cranberry relish. We shall see. FF
Old 11-17-2010, 07:42 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are so right!

ff-right on! I am making crustless pumpkin pie and I was watching Food Network (I know-stupid ) this weekend and they made a green bean casserole that can be made low carb - dont add the 2 tbsp of flour and instead of corn flakes and melted butter as the topping, use pork rinds and butter. The recipe sounded healthier than the one we are used to making.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #459

there ya go, Gibby! u know how to do it.

i love food. i think about food more than most things. I love watching many of the food related shows on tv...especially the ones dealing with excess, like MAN vs FOOD, and the 10 greatest places to Pig Out etc etc. I can watch these shows w/o feeling the inclination to act them out. FF
Old 11-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

hey guys,
good to see y'all...thanks for dropping by adam - we miss you when you're not around...

marilee, i'm with you 100% on the non-judgmental nature of this group...it's the only one i've ever been a part of, so it's hard for me to imagine that anybody would ever be judgmental in a support group

ff, you are a brave man putting that ice cream in the freezer...but you have proven how strong-willed you are over the past 7 1/2 months, so i'm sure you'll be fine...if you weaken, just toss it...that's what i've had to do with several foods over these blitzes...

i love ice cream too and we usually have it in the freezer as the kids love it, but i haven't indulged...it's weird that i would fall victim to a whole grain tostitos tortilla chip and not a half-gallon of premium pistachio ice cream (which is my favorite!)...

ff, i'd love the recipe for your sausage stuffing sometime...

well, tomorrow is weigh-in and my goal is 211 - i've been a bit naughty two days this week and weighed in at 212 today, so unbelievably, reaching goal is still a possibility...

i'm a bit bummed because for the past few months they have been building a "five guys" burger and fries joint in our little town and it opens today and it was supposed to be a scheduled cheat day - i'm taking my kids...

but the fact that i was already off-plan for 2 days, makes me feel like i don't deserve another cheat and of course cheating would eliminate any possibility that i could hit my goal tomorrow...so i am leaning toward taking the kids but not eating there myself and making a turkey burger instead, when i get home...

my son looked up the calories in their food and it is rated among the most unhealthy foods in the country - their bacon cheeseburger is over 900 calories and a lot of saturated fat and the large fries are a whopping 1500+ calories...can you believe that???

why can't celery taste like a bacon cheeseburger?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jfinchster
Just eat a burger without the bun--that's what I'd probably do...
Old 11-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

jenny, you're so cute...maybe i will, but that would probably bring the calorie count down to 850 :-)
Old 11-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ff-me too - we'd all love your sausage stuffing recipe!

Tony-I bet if you just had the burger and cheese with no bun you'd do just fine. Go and enjoy with your kids - you can stay on program and still do it.

I find that if I deny myself I eventually binge because I was "deprived". One of those "mind" things I need to fix. No one else may have a problem with that, but I do!
Old 11-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #464

the recipe is not mine. i found it somewhere on this site.

i forgot what book i put it in. when i retrieve it, i will let u know. in the meantime,...i think it is in the low carb recipe help section. it is worth the hunt. it is very low in carbs. 24 net carbs for the whole thing. i will tweak it just a tad, to get the carbs and fat just A LITTLE lower. As it is a Troll's [rerogative to change its mind, I decided that i will; have the shell steaks on the weekend. I am having a salmon filet this evening (pan sauted of course). i had a BIG
Old 11-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #465

cont'd

bacon cheeseburger for lunch. It was yummy, and worth what i paid for it. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
Old 11-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #466

EUREKA...I FOUND IT.

Go to Low Carb Recipes Help and suggestions. Click Thanksgiving recipes. It is on page 2. I think this is something even i can do. And if I can do it, anyone can. I will be using Hillshire Farms Light Sausage which has less fat and zero carb per 2 oz portion. That is the lowest carb Hillshire makes. Of c ourse, i will have to remove the casing. also, i am adding 2 stalks more cele ry, and taking away 1 large onion. I think there is enough seasoning in the sausages. i might add some fresh cracked black pepper, and maybe, maybe a dash of sage. Ya gotta be careful with sage. a little bit goes a long way, and i am not a big sage fan, even if it was buried in pistachio ice cream. It will be the first time for me, so wish me luck and good luck to whoever else does this recipe. FF
Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

hi guys,
well, looks i put my goal out of reach for this week! :-) let's put it this way - i didn't deprive myself...

god, that five guys food is tasty!...i tried to be "good" and ordered the "little" (single patty) bacon cheeseburger...the kids had the regular which is a double-patty...ate about 1/3 of the bun and had to have some fries - actually i didn't HAVE to have some fries, but i caved and had some...not too many but boy were they good!...everything was so delicious, i think i felt my heart stop twice from clogged arteries...

anyway, i was so good all day - had a scrambled egg for breakfast and a cheese stick for lunch and 6 almonds for a snack, totaling about 300 calories...i am guessing i had over 2000 calories at five guys, so i'll be paying for it for the next two weeks...right now, it feels like it was worth it - tomorrow when i get on the scale, i will be kicking myself for doing it...

oh well, i'm back on plan now! :-) hope everyone else did better than i did tonight...
Old 11-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I weighed in to TOPS last night, down 5 woot, woot.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Just think how much better you did than if you had eaten there a year ago when you would have had the double cheeseburger like your kids and a whole order of fries and probably felt sick afterward.

One thing I tell myself when I'm around that kind of temptation is that food has chemicals put in it trick our brains into thinking its delicious, but it's not "for real."

Like doritos vs a sun ripened strawberry just picked from the fields. The doritos is like crack to our brain--they manufacture it that way to make it sell--the strawberry is just pure magical goodness. That sometimes helps me but it's pretty hard when faced with the smell of hot french fries!

Anyways, dust yourself and start again tomorrow.

On the plus side for me I got off most of all the lbs I put on this weekend with my little transgressions so I'm hoping to see some new number tomorrow on the scale...I've been eating really well the last three days but am hungry right now--better go to bed!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and a big Congratulations Vicki--that must feel great!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #471

FAST FOOD CHAINS PLAY A SIGNIFICANT ROLL IN MY LIFE.

I would never counsel anyone to abort FFCs. it is all about making the right choices. I could never survive on 1 burger. I usually get a double whopper with cheese at BK (no bun, no ketchup), a double Qtr lber with cheese at McD, or a double or triple baconator at Wendy's. If I do not bring low carb ketchup with me (which I do, when i PLAN to be at a FFC), then I put about 1/16 of a ketchup packet just for the flavor. the body will not notice so small a quantity. Sometimes, I bring 2 slices of low carb bread with me, which allows me to order 1 less burger. Lots of fiber in those tiny 2 slices. Also, McDs grilled chicken Caesar is excellent. No croutons, and 1/3 to 1/2 a packet of Newman's Caesar dressing. We must ALWAYS ALWAYS read labels. From time to time, not often though, i will have 2 slizes of Pizza with sausage and meatball toppings, garlic, oregano, and pepperoncino)red pepper flakes plus a large diet coke to wash it all down. What is the point of this drivel? We can have our metaphorical cake and eat it too!!!. FF
Old 11-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovelifemama
Stats: 150something/ 15 pounds to go!
WOE: Mostly Paleo
Start Date: 8/30/10
vicki, congrats! that's wonderful. jenny, you too. and i totally agree about the fake food vs. nature's food. one is digustingly delicious and the other purely delicious.

tony, yes, think of how much may have been consumed at another point in your life and consider it a victory.

today is my fourth day on plan and i am starting to feel MUCH better. i've also been taking some amino acids, as recommended in ross' book. (kbeth, that bok is so interesting. thanks for mentioning it.) not sure if it's the supplements or the veggies or both, but i'm doing well.

today's eating plan:
B: 2 eggs, smoothie with 8 oz. green veg, water, and stevia
L: 2 grass-fed beef hot dogs (still super-salty though), 1/2 cup cooked veg (prob collard greens), 8 oz. salad
D: 4 oz. protein (probably chicken sausage), 1/2 cup veg (prob peppers), 8 oz. salad

up to 4 T oil/fat spread throughout meals, T cacao, T flax seed, water and supplements between meals

how do you guys mk the crustless pumpkin thing? i'm starting to think about thanksgiving too. we have four dinnersover the course of the week!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

hey vicki, a huge congrats for dropping 5 big ones :-) way to go girl!

ff, thanks also for the support and for sharing your ffc strategies...i have really avoided them all but a couple of times during these blitzes, but my brain is definitely tricked into thinking that food is delicious...

jenny, i love you...thanks for the support and the words of wisdom and you are absolutely right about the junk food...and you're right about what i would have eaten a year ago...when i look back over these past 7 1/2 months, i have resisted so many things and my transgressions today would have seemed like deprivation a year ago...

i thank you guys for helping me change my entire approach to food and eating...

i am almost ashamed to say this, but i weighed in at 211 this morning and hit my goal for the week...with three "cheats" to my discredit, i don't know how it happened...all i can think is that i have been eating small, low cal meals and snacks these past few weeks and so by the time i strayed a bit for dinner a few times, the net effect was still a loss...

i think this speaks to how important it is to limit the damage when we stray, to one snack or one meal and not a chain of them...hmmmm...learning something new again this week :-)

okay, so that's 34 lbs. down in 32 weeks, and this week's goal will be 210...i don't remember the last time i saw that number on the scale!...

Last edited by tony8; 11-18-2010 at 05:45 AM..
Old 11-18-2010, 05:48 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

hey it's mama and the cutie pie!...congrats on getting back on plan and enduring the VERY difficult first few days...you worked hard for that victory and i'm proud of you!

menu looks good...i think we're all on a roll!...

btw, congrats jenny on losing what you gained so quickly!...that's a testament to your strong will!...i'm proud of you too!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:45 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations everyone!

Wow! What a great group we have! Everyone is doing well, even with their slight mis-steps. Haven't we grown in wisdom regarding our bodies, how they function and what they need? What a difference from just a couple of months ago.

Vicki-good job on the 5 pounds weight loss.
Jenny-good job for you too and Tony you exercised self-control and didn't go crazy and it worked!

Last night I was invited over to a friends house for Thanksgiving dinner - not low carb at all. I am not going to go, as I'm just not strong enough right now to sit there and eat turkey with all of the other "fixin's" staring me in the face, including sweet potato pie! I just started back on Atkins on 11/2 and it's just too soon. Next year I should be strong enough to handle it, but I just can't right now, and that's ok!

Have a great day everyone! TTLY
Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #476

so happy for your scale victories!!!

Let us not get cocky. Today is judgement day at the ok corral (weigh in at hign noon). After many decades, i still approach the "fat scan" with some trepidation. Well, we shall see. FF
Old 11-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

good luck on the scale ff...whatever it says, you've had a good week and that's all you can do :-)

marilee, i'm sorry you won't be going to your friend's house this year...i'm wondering if you could just bring a couple of LC side dishes?...

is it just me, or does anyone else feel heavier just before stepping on the scale???
Old 11-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

is incredulous the same thing as cocky?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tony-yes I could bring some LC dishes, but I'm not strong enough right now to not eat the other high carb dishes. It's ok.....I've been alone on the holidays before and actually kind of enjoy it - putting up Christmas decorations and watching movies.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #480

well, it finally happened. my 1st significant weight gain in 1 week.

4.8 lbs. Well, i could freak out. but, I know it was the sodium, too much within the 72 hrs before weigh-in. It did shock me into the motivation to exercise and dring more water. Making changes is quite difficult. However, if I ritualized the bad behaviors, i can certainly ritualize the good behaviors, when i realize that that I am ready. I AM READY. I walked up the 2 flights of stairs from the WW meeting to my office. I do 64 oz of plain H20 each day, and hit that WW video when i get home from work. i will do what walking I can, depending what mood my right foot is in at any given time. It WILL be difficult and downright unpleasant at first (the exercise, not the water), but eventually it will be 2nd nature, like greed to a Ferenghi. Well, back to woik. FF
Closed Thread