Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/139.6/150 5'6" 31y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_pie View Post
Hi everybody...

Does anyone mind if I join in???
UMMM, naturally!! We've missed you these past.. 2 years?

I'm leaving for Costa Rica... will be back here in ~12 days! And I'll be back with a vengeance!

XOXO
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Quote:
I'm leaving for Costa Rica... will be back here in ~12 days! And I'll be back with a vengeance!

XOXO

Luckey dog!!!!!
slimlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_pie View Post
Hi everybody...

Does anyone mind if I join in???
OMG, how did I miss your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
UMMM, naturally!! We've missed you these past.. 2 years?

XOXO
12 daysfor me ..........................for you
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Just checking in. My nephew is spending the night. I made carne asada tacos for my son and him. I really find more pleasure in cooking foods I won't eat when I am on plan. Weird, but true.

Sam- Have fun in Costa Rica. Are you going for pure pleasure? Oh, tell us all about it when you return! One of my gf's may head back there this summer. She said it is so wonderful there!

Linda- Spin class produces fabulous legs! I bet yours are lookin hot!

Vicki- Can you get back to KOPS status after you get back down to 173?
Week 4 SMD=
Laura~ 43 yo
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Hee hee.. you guys are funny.

Sam, Have a wonderful time away! (if I didn't know better, I would think it was something I said that drove you away

Nice to see some familiar faces here

I'm definitely in need of some support & accountability.. and a firm kick in the pants. I've been off the wagon for so long, I had a really hard time doing my meal planning for this week. I just didn't know where to start!

So I'm planning to keep it really simple this week -- lots of repeat meals (stirfrys), because I'm just a little overwhelmed.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. And a shout out to all the Mama's out there. Hope you're spoiled rotten tomorrow!

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys, I can't sleep so I got up to turn on the TV and I'm watching the Biggest Loser. It is a real emotional episode as the finalists are united with their families and are at the end of their path on the show. It brought me back to the pain I felt of being over 100 lb. overweight. OMG, even now that I'm close to goal again I realize how much pain being in the food causes me. Laura, no my legs do not look great, in fact the are the absolute worse part of me. After years of gaining and losing hundreds of pounds and being close to 60 they have severe cellulite. At one time I thought of having a thigh lift but the plastic surgeon said then we would have the knees and the calves so I opted against it. I did have the excess skin removed from my upper arms but my legs well, I wear capris instead of shorts and spandex works great for exercise.

But back to the pain of being overweight, not everyone here may be a compulsive overeater or have had to deal with the emotional pain of overeating but although I'm in normal size clothes I still have so much baggage to deal with. When I think of eating one piece of anything like a cookie, it just never happened. It is give me the entire package or don't give me any at all.

OK, enough of babbling on. All I can say is keep on keeping on guys.

Steph, good idea on keeping it simple this week. Stirfrys are great. You can do this Steph. You have to do this. You have to help hubby too so that both you and DH will be healthy for Ian. Speaking of Ian, how is the little guy?

Well, I'm still not tired so I guess I'll cruise over to the main lobby.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 05-09-2010, 07:40 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms.

BR - 2 HB eggs, apple, black coffee
LU - 4 oz. chicken and red. fat salami, 1 oz. wheat germ, 8 oz. raw veg., 1 T evoo
DI - 4 oz. steak, 8 oz. cooked veg., 16 oz. raw veg., 3 T fat
Old 05-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've lost the weight I gained those 4 days off plan so there is no way I am eating crap today. We are heading over to the San Gennaro festival, and my sis scored us free philly beef subs, although I am not going to eat a thing there! It is a huge celebration with rides, games, vendors, dancing, and FOOD! I think I'll spend my money on my son and maybe getting a little nonedible something for me from a vendor if I see something I like.

Linda- I just love your babbling!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

My son would be 7 today, but he passed away. Mom passed away 3 1/2 years ago. So, today I celebrate with my other son, nephew, and sis, and the memories of those looking down from Heaven.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hey gang, I have a great day planned. The sun is shining and there isn't any wind. 10 yr old son and I are going to ride bikes on a path around an old rock quarry that was turned into a park. My eating yesterday wasn't on plan, I finished off the LC tortillas with a variety of toppings: melted cheese, cream cheese, pnut butter, honey polished off a can of mixed nuts . . . . . but otherwise, i ate what I posted. GRRRRRRRRRR

Hoops-can you eat the middle of the subs? I can return to KOPS but not sure if it is once I get back into leeway or if I need to hit goal again. Doesn't matter to me.

Linda-you are so dedicated to weighing those foods. I pulled out the GS info I had stashed away in my OA days. I may consider it, but don't have a food scale and am just not willing to go there.

Sweetie-WE CAN DO THIS

Weight: 184 Thank goodness I stayed the same

Exercise: Walked for 60 minutes briskly and will be riding bikes

B: 1 c soy milk; 1 scoop protein powder; splach of SF syrup and 1 pkt stevia; chia seeds; coffee halfnhalf, coconut oil

L: not sure yet

S: grilled meat of some kind (brother is bringing), cole slaw and veggie casserole
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

My son would be 7 today, but he passed away. Mom passed away 3 1/2 years ago. So, today I celebrate with my other son, nephew, and sis, and the memories of those looking down from Heaven.
Oh Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about your son I, too, lost my mom 4 years ago. I'm lifting up a prayer for you now to have a beautiful, blessed day with your other son and sister. I'm so proud of you for going on with your day and celebrating with your loved ones and not focusing on your losses. I'm inspired. I never had children and always wanted them. I'm following your lead and plan to have a great day with by boyfiend. Have fun and eat the inside of the philly sub like Vicki said.

Vicki, you've done this before so you KNOW you can do it again. Sounds like you have a fun day planned with your son.

Last edited by DENMW; 05-09-2010 at 08:17 AM..
Old 05-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks. I am pretty emotional today, although we are here celebrating those that are also here with us. I am grateful for my DS15, and I adore my little nephew who is snoring on my couch this very moment. I am so absent brained today, because my son wouldn't be 7 today, he passed away 7 years ago today. I am sure I am forgiven for that slip.

I'd rather not eat there at all. My head starts playing games with me... It races through any and all reasons I should or deserve to eat at this huge eating festival. I really need to avoid the food today at the festival. It took 3 days to lose what I just gained from 4 off plan, and I have to avoid that lose-gain-lose-gain cycle. Besides, I have 5 parties coming up in the next 3 1/2 weeks...
Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
Thanks. I am pretty emotional today, although we are here celebrating those that are also here with us. I am grateful for my DS15, and I adore my little nephew who is snoring on my couch this very moment. I am so absent brained today, because my son wouldn't be 7 today, he passed away 7 years ago today. I am sure I am forgiven for that slip.

I'd rather not eat there at all. My head starts playing games with me... It races through any and all reasons I should or deserve to eat at this huge eating festival. I really need to avoid the food today at the festival. It took 3 days to lose what I just gained from 4 off plan, and I have to avoid that lose-gain-lose-gain cycle. Besides, I have 5 parties coming up in the next 3 1/2 weeks...
OMG, no wonder why you're so emotional. I just can't even imagne the pain. Stay strong girlfriend. Eating is DEFINITELY not the answer. I'm asking God to help you with your pain.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Linda.

The boys are showering (son and nephew) and my sis should be on the way over shortly. Yep, today is going to be a wonderful day with family! I don't see a cloud in the sky and the weather is about 80-something! I will post tonight and let you all know how I didn't eat the crap at the festival!

Enjoy everyone!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #135
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GBMOM
Stats: 199/195/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 8, 2010
Hello from a newbie! I just started Atkins after turning 40, going to the doctor for a checkup and seeing the nurse write the number 200! At 5'3" there's no room for up, so that means I've gone out! Bought a new dress for mothers day to avoid an uncomfy tight dress on "my" day and it was also the first time I've bought anything in a size 16. So here goes...I hope you guys keep me honest, I hope I keep you motivated and we all feel better as we reach one goal at a time!

199 today (5/9/10) Hoping for 175 by July 4th = 24 pounds in 56 days
My knees have started "feeling" the extra weight. But I'll start walking tomorrow!
GBMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GB, you can do it!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:40 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GB

Ummm.... ended up eating lunch at a soup and salad place. THEN.... my son made me carne asada tacos for dinner. Yummy! Yes, the tacos were completely off plan. I know I gained, although I am not beating myself up about it one second. Back on plan starting now.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Hoops-today is another day and a great day to restart

GB-Welcome. Isn't it amazing how each of us reach individualized ultimatums for getting serious.

Wt 182.5
Exercise nothing yet, but will later. Maybe the Y
B-Protein shake as previous days
L-Cream Cheese Ragu, cole slaw
D-some kind of protein and salad or veggies
Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
GB!!

I had a great Moms Day yesterday!
1st church with a great message and then time with my son, grandson and family..
DS brought me a beautiful rose bush.
Ate all the wrong things

Looks like we are doing menus ...so here is my try for today..

05/10

Coffee
1 protein toast
Grapefruit juice

Ham
Tomatoes
Coffee

Broiled fish
Salad
1 Toast
Grapefruit juice
coffee

off to JCP have a good one all..
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
GB - welcome to our little group!

Well, had dinner at a friends house yesterday and she served spaghetti. Since I'm on NS and not really low carbing, I ate a smaller portion than normal and had salad with fat free dressing (YUK!), but did have an ice cream cone for desert.

Back on plan today. I'd post my menu, but since it's NutriSystem it wouldn't mean anything to you guys so I'll pass. I'll be honest and tell you when I blow it.

Thankfully, there are no dinners, lunches, or holidays coming up that will be a temptation.

Have a great day!

Marilee
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/123/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Just a quick check in. I didn't do to well on my eating yesterday and the scale is showing it this morning. It wasn't alot of bad choices, just way to much. Plus a few glasses of wine during dinner.

GBMOM

Laura ss about your son and Mom, that's so hard. But I glad that you got to spend some quality time with your family.

Menu today

B- black coffee
L-chicken salad on lettuce
D-roast pork and salad
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

I got around to exercising just now:

SI6 Ramp It Up

Gibby and Misty, back on plan

I succumbed to two cookies at work this morning. All the treats are gone now, hopefully. I am making SF Jello and have Redi Whip on hand for that "treat". Otherwise, I am on plan.

Last edited by vli1127; 05-10-2010 at 01:35 PM..
Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, Vicki! Back on plan
Old 05-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,
I'm beat. Worked all day then taught Spinning and then took a Bodyflow class. Even though tomorrow is weigh day I'm not weighing this week as I'm actually only suppose to be weighing once a month but I cheat and weigh in between.

Have a good weigh day tomorrow everyone. I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Linda, Thanks for talking honestly about the pain that eating has caused you. I think that I spend too much time in denial. My mindset for too long has been 'It's never going to get fixed, so just put it out of your mind.'
In the meantime, I continue to get bigger.. and so does my DH....

Vicki, Did I read in another post that you are ENGAGED?? Man, I'm out of the loop! Congratulations!!! Sounds like you had a lovely mother's day, too.

Laura, Sending some Mom's day hugs your way I admire your spirit & that you plan to spend the day focussed on the ones you love. I hope that you had a blessed day together.

GBMOM - Welcome! Did you have a good walk today?

Slimlizzie - Happy mother's day. Good for you for getting right back on plan That's the golden ticket!

Marilee - Just curious, are you doing a low carb version of Nutrisystem? What is your plan like? Just wondering!

Misty!

Ugh.... just realized that tomorrow is weigh day. OK, I'll be here. But it won't be pretty, LOL.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Oh sheesh...
I typed out a big long message, with personals to everyone.. and .. it's... gone.

I'm having deja vu...

I think I used to do this about once a week last time I was on LCF.

Sorry guys, will have to re-do it tomorrow !! But I WILL be here for the weigh-in!
It will be painful, but I'll be here !!

Have a blessed night everybody
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Oh, for crying out loud... my post appeared! As soon as I hit the send button for my second mesage, they both appeared! ????

It's a sure sign that I need to be in BED! Good night!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am heading off to bed. Thanks for the sweet messages and encouragement. I am not on plan for a few days. I am struggling. I have a 13 hour day tomorrow away from home at work. I am giving blood in the evening at work, too. Anyhow, I'll be back on plan in the next few days. UGH!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:32 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

and good morning girls!!

Yesterdays Breakfast ..good
Lunch.......................good
after work...............carbed out..

I gotta do a stricked induction..DH is going to be out of town so I am getting rid of all the bad stuff sending it all off with him. Next Tuesday will tell the tale!!!

4/13/ 10 ....172
4/20/10 .....174
4/27/10......171
5/04/10......175
5/11/10......174

Have a low carb day everyone!!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

4/13 - 318.4
4/20 - 316.0 Down 2.4
4/27 - 317.6 Up 1.6
5/11 - 322.0 Up since last weight in, but down since last weeks craziness

I wasn't going to report my weight, but it is important to be accountable.

This morning, I think I had an "ah ha" moment. I was getting dressed and walked by the mirror naked and caught sight of myself in profile. I've seen myself before, obviously, but for some reason, it really caught my attention. I was grossed out!!!!! Now, everytime the opportunity arises to eat something not on plan, I'm going to remember that moment and how I felt.

Sweetie Pie - Yes, I have modified the NutriSystem plan somewhat. They do use low-glycemic carbs but there are carbs. Because I have over 100 pounds to lose, they want me to add a carb at breakfast and dinner and a fruit to lunch. Instead of those, I add protein. I do allow myself the serving of fruit they give me at morning snack, but I eat strawberries and I don't get very many.

I need to get to work - have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Gibby; 05-11-2010 at 08:38 AM..