Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:40 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hoops
Stats: 5'9"
Vicki- I think lamb is one of those foods people love or hate.

Linda- I didn't cook it! I stopped off at the restaurant for take-out on my way home from getting a pedicure and my nails done after work. I need the structure of Scarsdale right now. How long did you do it?
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
No Linda, you smell great LOL. I am in a horrible funk. I need a good swift kick in the back end.

Hoops, I haven't tried lamb in a long time. What I remember is how it stunk and tasted icky. But, that was many years ago. Who knows, maybe my taste has changed.
I love lamb!..no loss no gain!

4/13/ 10 ....172
4/20/10 .....174
4/27/10......171
slimlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
Vicki- I think lamb is one of those foods people love or hate.

Linda- I didn't cook it! I stopped off at the restaurant for take-out on my way home from getting a pedicure and my nails done after work. I need the structure of Scarsdale right now. How long did you do it?
I did Scarsdale only for about 2 weeks when it first came out. I think that was about 1974. OK so now I'm telling my age for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
I love lamb!..no loss no gain!

4/13/ 10 ....172
4/20/10 .....174
4/27/10......171
Lizzie, maintaining is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Wow, tough crowd today!

Not much to report. I'll check in later.
So does that mean you are on plan???

Sam, yoohoo where are you? I come back and you leave too.
DENMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Yes, I am on plan! Just watching the scale go up and down, and up and down. Frustrating as all get out!

Happy Friday, everyone
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Yes, I am on plan! Just watching the scale go up and down, and up and down. Frustrating as all get out!

Happy Friday, everyone
Gibby, can you try to stay of the scale. It's definitely not our friend and is so fickle. I can easily get into that rut too. Keep on keeping on.

I went to a Body Attack class today which is high impact aerobics and then a Body Pump class. I did modify the high impact some but not a lot. I can see where P90X has really helped me. One of the P90X dvd's is plyometrics which I NEVER thought I could do, especially with having had knee surgery. But the way he instructed to land makes all the difference in the world. He says land on the balls of your feet and land like a cat or Spiderman. He also says "do your best and foerget the rest". That is probably the biggest motivator for me. So today really brought it. The instructor who taught both classes at the end of each class had me come up on stage to introduce me as another instructor and told the class of my 100 lb. weight loss. It was just the shot in the arm I needed because all I've focused on is the 25 lb. weight gain and when I think that I've kept off 75% of my weight loss for over 5 years it was very encouraging to me. I just know that this is my time to shine and plan to start a maintenance thread in September.

Totally onplan and on a roll. Fall in behind me guys. It's going to be a wild ride.
Lost 100 pounds, my story

Last edited by DENMW; 04-30-2010 at 10:50 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Hi everyone!

Welcome, Ash!

And Linda, you are doing amazingly! Congrats! I'm so happy to see you face here, you have no idea.

I'm MIA this weekend because it's the wedding I'm a bridesmaid in!!! Do you guys from the old threads remember how nervous I was about the whole thing??

UGH, so I'm hoping eating goes alright, despite having to eat 4 meals away from home. YUCK.

4/19 I started being super serious, and have lost ~8 pounds since. The dress fits me SO much better already. With hcg you have to gorge yourself with gross food, so I gained weight the first few days, and am down 10.4 lbs since my post-gorge weight on 4/21.

Almost in the 170s!!! I CAN TASTE IT! Hopefully this weekend won't mess me up too bad. I have to realize that it's MY decision. If I eat poorly the next 3 meals that dress is going to get tight on my again, and I'll be BUSTING over the top if it. My cups runneth over.

XOXO

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Hi everyone, finally able to check in. My computor was down so I couldn't post, but finally got it fixed and I'm up and running.

Sounds like everyone is on a roll. I got to the gym all week, but I don't go on the weekends because it to crowded. I do try and get extra exercise in on the weekend. Being that I live on a lake and weather permitting I walk after dinner. Plus when it starts to really get hot my Grands come over and then talk about exercise Getting to the end of my 1st week of induction and love it.

Linda you did great on jumping right back on plan before you gained all your weight back. I did the same, but I find I am losing slower but it is coming off. Do you work as instructor weekly as well as another exercise program?

Sam have a great time at the wedding, do your best to stay on plan and do alot of dancing for added exercise

Vicki hope your out of your slump and feeling better today.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sammmmmm, there you are. Stay focused. You are doing great and it's not worth sabbatoging all your hard work. Besides, you've got the dress fitting confortably and that was your goal. 170's??? OMG, keep that in mind when you want to blow it and HAVE FUN. I hope to be in the 150's again soon, maybe in a couple of weeks. I have a really good feeling about us this time girlfriend. We ARE going to do it!!!

Misty, good job on making it to the gym. I am semi retired and my primary occupation is performing Echocardiograms (ultrasound exams on the heart). I retired from a local hospital as the supervisor of a lab after working there 30 years. I now work 2 days a week in 2 cardiology offices. I teach spinning classes at a healthclub several times a week in addition to teaching a Silver Sneakers class there to senior adults. I get paid to teach, get my membership to all locations for free and I get my workout in, not a bad deal for me.

Vicki, how's it going? You asked for the kick but maybe you need a hug instead.

Lizzie, how's it going?

Slim2011, where u at?

Hoops, how's it going today?

Gibby.

Last edited by DENMW; 04-30-2010 at 03:33 PM..
Old 05-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Goodmorning everyone, well it's a new month and ready for a new me. I made it threw a week of induction and still staying on it. And am doing great on my exercises as well as walking because the weather is finally starting to get nicer.

Linda thats great that you get to teach exercise and get your own exercise in.And even get paid for it. Way Way back in my younger years I use to teach arobics, now I think I'd pass out before I got half way. And your job in cardiology is wonderful. I know how important that is. My Dh had a heart transplant and we had to have ultasounds and still do on a regular basis as well as heart biopsys. But they have come along way. It's wonderful.

Well I hope everyone is having a great weekend, it's going to finally hit 80 here and I'm going out on the lake. Just hope I don't fall in.

Linda our post must of crossed wtg on the loss

Last edited by misty1028; 05-01-2010 at 08:45 AM..
Old 05-01-2010, 09:07 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Goodmorning everyone, well it's a new month and ready for a new me. I made it threw a week of induction and still staying on it. And am doing great on my exercises as well as walking because the weather is finally starting to get nicer.

Linda thats great that you get to teach exercise and get your own exercise in.And even get paid for it. Way Way back in my younger years I use to teach arobics, now I think I'd pass out before I got half way. And your job in cardiology is wonderful. I know how important that is. My Dh had a heart transplant and we had to have ultasounds and still do on a regular basis as well as heart biopsys. But they have come along way. It's wonderful.

Well I hope everyone is having a great weekend, it's going to finally hit 80 here and I'm going out on the lake. Just hope I don't fall in.

Linda our post must of crossed wtg on the loss
Congrats on doing your exercise and completing a week of induction. How long ago was DH's heart transplant? They have definitely done amazing things in that field. Have a wonderful time on the lake.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am on day 6 of Scarsdale. I am really enjoying it. I am also finishing up my first week of couch to 5k today. I am spending my day at home doing some spring cleaning.

Linda- The only time I ever go a month without weighing is when I am completely eating crap and don't want to ruin my crap eating with the reality of the scale.

Misty- Enjoy the lake today!

Lizzie- Maintenance is good, although I know it an be frustrating not seeing any downward movement in the scale. It will come. Stay strong!

Gibby- I know it is frustrating, although don't give in like I always do when that happens. Maybe you'll see a nice woosh in the next few days.

Samantha- Enjoy the wedding. I am sure you're going to look sensational in your bride's maid's dress.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Hoops what kind of protein Bread are you using for the Scarsdale??
and where do you get it?

4/13/ 10 ....172
4/20/10 .....174
4/27/10......171

I am up up up and away...
Old 05-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, I'm here to stay accountable and to get this out. I had a big slip last night. I was in a store with Roger and saw my favorite candy bar (big one) buy one get one free. Well, I managed to leave the store without it but all night it haunted me. I finally gave in at about 9:30pm and went up to that store and put 2 on the register and was getting ready to pay and it didn't ring up buy one get one free. So, I told the clerk and we went back to look at it and it was buy TWO get one free. Oh yes, now I had THREE of these evil things. I lied to Roger and told him I was going up to return the movie we rented(which I did) but them in secret ate one bar and thought that it was enough but now what do I do with 2 more bars. I thought I would take them to work tomorrow and leave them in the break room or I could just thrown them away. But then I opened the second and finally the THIRD all without Roger seeing me take one bite. It was a terrible feeling because thoughts of many years of being in the food and what I did to conceal it all was coming back to me. The deceit didn't stop there. When I called my sponsor this morning I told her that I was abstinent and I was not. So, I went off to church and while waiting for the service to start I did some writing in my journal and wrote about this incident and realized that I need to come clean with my sponsor because it was not a good place to be in. In fact, it was a very lonely place to be in. So, this is the start of coming clean and will contact my sponsor today to tell her.
My first thought was to do a fast or atleast a M/E fast to make up for it but I've decided that the best thing I can do is to just get right back on my food plan.

Thanks for listening and have a great day.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I feel fantastic today. I just posted in the main lobby to see if anyone else wants to do Scarsdale with me. I've dropped 10.4 pounds in 6 days. I am so happy!

Linda- Guilt sometimes overrides us, and it is a good lesson learned. Although, you've beaten up yourself enough over the candy bars, and now you're already putting it behind you by getting right back on plan. You are amazing to be able to do that! No worries, you are not where you use to be!

Lizzie- I was at Smiths grocery store, so I just bought the bread the looked the best after reading several labels. I am sure you can find something even better than what I bought. It is Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat with 50 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbs (less than 1 gram of sugar), and 3 grams of protein. I don't eat it everyday like I am suppose to. I had 2 slices Monday with my cold cuts for lunch and a slice toasted with the cheese slices I believe it was Friday.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cortney
Stats: 265/255/150
WOE: I dont really follow a diet I just wing it.
Start Date: march 2011,, AGAIN
I'm in!!.. sounds like fun! good luck everyone!
cortney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Major binge on carbs on Friday, donuts pizza and so on. Scale is 179 I am NOT going into the 180's again. So far today, I am eating clean with the help of HP.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Vicki- You won't see the 180's. You're right back on plan!

Cortney-
Old 05-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Courtney.

Hoops, I have bought that Nature's own double fiber bread before and that's a good one. So happy for you on your weight loss. That is fabulous.

Vicki, I hear you about the 180's as I was almost there again too. Did you get my kick in the butt? If not, scroll back to find it. You won't go there (180's). It's like the mafia, you know too much to get out or go back now.

I am totally onplan today and my sponsor was so great. She also pointed out that I got right back on and didn't stay there. There is much to be said about that. I took today to just kick back and got my food prepared, weighed and measured for the next 2 days. Tomorrow will be a long day so breakfast, lunch and dinner is already prepared.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Sam, we want pictures when you return.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

thank you! this forum is wonderful. everyone is so friendly and encouraging! exactly what i have been needing! and so much good advise and ideas!!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Monday morning everyone. I off to the gym nice and early today. And hope to go for a nice walk after dinner.

Linda Dh had his heart transplant 13 years ago, it'll be 14 in July. He's the one who encourges me to get to the gym. He needs to get cardio in. And he loves it. Glad you got right back on plan after your slip up. That what counts.

Courtney

Vicki don't let that 180 creep up on you. Glad your back to eating clean. Just remember how fast the lbs come on and how slow they come off. I have to think that way when I slip up. And the important thing is your jumped right back on plan
Old 05-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning girls!!

Quote:
Major binge on carbs on Friday, donuts pizza and so on. Scale is 179 I am NOT going into the 180's again. So far today, I am eating clean with the help of HP.
Vic..as you can see I binged a little yesterdaywhat is HP??

I am totally bummed!!!! with me no will power!STARTING OVER AGAIN maybe I wil lose the poundage I gained by weigh in tomorrow..

Went to a family Italian/Baptism ...this is the menu ..no way to say NO!!

1st came Antipasto..Italian cold cuts, cheeses and olives & wine..
Wonderful Turano bread and butter
Then..Salad
Then..Mostcholli wonderful sauce!!Of course more bread
Then..Steak & lobster,baked potato, and steamed green beans
Then..Homemade Hazel nut ice cream and Canoli and strawberry cakes
Then the Italian cookies AND cream puffs and Eclairs..(that I did not have)..

cortney
Linda WTG..right back on plan!! Hope I will do as well
Misty...I am just too tired to go to the gym...

Hoops..I also want to check out Healthy Life Bread..(Walmart) labeled High protein Restricted Carb Dieting..

Last edited by slimlizzie; 05-03-2010 at 06:16 AM..
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick check in from work and probably won't get back here til tomorrow.

Misty, great job on getting to the gym. Sounds like DH is doing great with heart transplant and keeping you motivated.

Lizzie, I think I gained a few pounds just reading that menu. I really can't blame you for going off plan because those things would do it for me too, especially the cannolis Back to busiiness and no more get togethers like that for a while I hope. HP = higher power.

Viicki, hope you are on a roll by now.

to everyone else who checks in.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Wedding went well! Will post pics when I get them back... dress fit fine. Everyone kept saying-- "told you that you were worrying for nothing!". But I'd say, if I didn't worry, I wouldn't have near-starved myself on the HCG diet (which I'm back on today), and the dress WOULD NOT have fit.

I learned a few lessons the past few weeks.

1) I don't sleep well on <500 calories per day, whether it's fat or carb intake being too low, I'm still debating.
2) I lose weight very well and quickly, despite being hypothyroid, on <500cc/day, when less in carbs than HCG really permits.
3) I am still binge-prone no matter what diet I follow.
4) I can still gain 183271 pounds overnight when I binge.
5) I can't be trusted with junky food, ever. Whether at weddings or elsewhere.
6) I turn into a major bi*otch when I eat carbs/sugar. I start to hate everyone. My friend, my family. I feel very alone and isolated.
7) I could get to goal doing the hcg diet as long as I am faithful to it.

Linda, I'm glad you picked right back up after that candy bar incident. I totally know that feeling of compulsion, and I hate feeling powerless like that. Congrats for being back "on"!

Hoops, congrats! How many calories/day is Scarsdale? I wonder if we're at all similar in terms of eating plan.

Vicki & slimliz- hope you're back on and not letting those slips get to you! I'm right there with you! We can do this.

Courtney- Hope all is well! Your Michigan home sounds lovely- on the lake etc.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

:)

thanks sam! spring in Michigan is very beautiful. I could do without winter though. you are on the hcg diet? dose that work well? is it the type where you have to inject yourself with it? everyones posts i have read on here that have been trying it seem to speak highly of it. It kinda scares me a bit. having been pregnant 3 times and being super sick and bit on the crazy side the hole time. the books i read blamed the bad preggo symptoms on the high levels of hcg. have you had any bad side effects from it? I have tried every other diet pill/trick on the market but found nothing that really works. so if this is as good as it is sounding i may have to man up,, or woman up if you will and give it a shot.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortney View Post
thanks sam! spring in Michigan is very beautiful. I could do without winter though. you are on the hcg diet? dose that work well? is it the type where you have to inject yourself with it? everyones posts i have read on here that have been trying it seem to speak highly of it. It kinda scares me a bit. having been pregnant 3 times and being super sick and bit on the crazy side the hole time. the books i read blamed the bad preggo symptoms on the high levels of hcg. have you had any bad side effects from it? I have tried every other diet pill/trick on the market but found nothing that really works. so if this is as good as it is sounding i may have to man up,, or woman up if you will and give it a shot.
Yes, it's the injection one-- but I do homeopathic drops via mouth instead. I really think it's the diet that works mostly (and not so much my drops), but who knows. Weight loss is supposed to be comparable to without the hcg, but it's meant to be easier to keep off because it "resets your hypothalamus" as the originator claims.

Side effects are minimal to none, because the hcg is much much lower than when pregnant! Like, a fraction of it.

I think you can download the book (pounds and inches) for free online if you look it up. It's really just ~500 calories a day of 2 meals: each is 3.5oz lean protein, a vegetable, a fruit, and a tiny grissini or melba toast. I don't include the fruit OR the toast, because they trigger me and I need ketosis. So basically, I have been eating 4oz lean lean protein (fish, chicken, meat) twice daily. Losing like crazy... average is 0.5-1lb loss/day, but this weekend I totally mucked it up. :blush:
Old 05-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I don't have pics of the dress yet, but I have pics from the morning after (brunch) yesterday... I think I gained like 10 pounds this weekend. No joke. But not weighing for a while!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sand wedding brunch.jpg (17.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

SICK! I woke up with cold sweats and dizzy. I laid down on my bathroom floor about 10 minutes before I got in the shower. I was going to call in, but either way I would've had to drive there to leave out detailed plans for a substitute. Anyhow, I didn't bring my food, searched the cafeteria for something healthy at the school, and nothing. Anyhow, it is teacher appreciation week, and my boss comes in my classroom with a cart full of juices and danish. I figured WTH, why not? So, today has turned into a bad day of eating. I had grilled chicken tacos for lunch, and I plan on having steak tacos for dinner. I still feel out of sorts.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
I don't have pics of the dress yet, but I have pics from the morning after (brunch) yesterday... I think I gained like 10 pounds this weekend. No joke. But not weighing for a while!
Sam, you look GREAT! I'm glad you had fun at the wedding and the dress fit well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops View Post
SICK! I woke up with cold sweats and dizzy. I laid down on my bathroom floor about 10 minutes before I got in the shower. I was going to call in, but either way I would've had to drive there to leave out detailed plans for a substitute. Anyhow, I didn't bring my food, searched the cafeteria for something healthy at the school, and nothing. Anyhow, it is teacher appreciation week, and my boss comes in my classroom with a cart full of juices and danish. I figured WTH, why not? So, today has turned into a bad day of eating. I had grilled chicken tacos for lunch, and I plan on having steak tacos for dinner. I still feel out of sorts.
Hoops, sorry you are feeling bad and I can totally see myself doing the same thing in your situation. It happens. Just get right back on tomorrow and you won't have done amy damage I'm sure.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick check in, we're having heavy storms coming in so I don't want to stay on the computor.

Sam you look great in that pic, can't wait to see you in your dress. Glad it fit and that your had a great time.

Hoops hope your feeling better.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Misty.

Weigh day, where is everyone's report in???? I said I was not going to weigh as I just had my GS weighin on Saturday but I DID and I am the same as I was on Saturday, 165 so I'll take it and ope to stay off the scale until next week. I'm so glad that I got right back on after the candy bar incident.

I'll check back tonight to see who logs on.