Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Goodmorning all....Feeling better...going to go to the store and stock up somethings..DH is paying bills on the other comp...I am back on track with my LC today...hated eating crackers since I havent eaten any flour in a month but I knew that was all I could get down with the broth...so now back on track and starting again...Lost 3 lbs but I dont count that yet unless it stays off since I was sick....

Hope everyone is having a great weekend....

Just taking one day at a time and I will never give up...no matter what comes in my path...I will lose this weight and keep it off is my goal ....Sometimes we get those bumps in the road and just feel crazy about why and what but we have to learn that we still have to keep going on with out WOE...Who do we help by quitting but ourselves...We need to be strong for us and then we came be there for others around us......No matter how many times we think we just want to give up...try try again...that is why we are here together to encourage each other to keep on going...I would rather start over and over then to give up....We are all at different places in our weights, diet plans, and lifes...but we are united when it comes to losing our weight....Come on everyone we can do this.....

When we are discouraged we need to know that we can come here and share ...and when we are at our best...oh how Sweet...it is to share....So come on girls....rah rah rah...YES...we are a team....and it takes all of us to push to the finish line.....

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning everyone!

I'm getting off to a rough start today.

I only got 5 hours of sleep; I'm fighting an 'ice pick' headache; and I got on the scale this morning (I haven't weighed in over a week) and I'm the highest I have ever been. That does it - I may love carbs, but they don't love me!!!

Sorry Sam, I'm not posting my numbers

I need to get to work - have a great day! I'm going to try
Old 02-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #213
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Mary, glad you are on the mend and back on track after eating crackers due to nausea.

Gibby, come on you can do this.

I feel fat today after eating crap junk low carb stuff, you know the usual nuts, LC protein bars, SF candy BLAK
Old 02-02-2010, 03:17 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Goodmorning everyone

I am waiting till Friday to post my number I have sausage fingers this morning and I know I must have had a reverse whoosh..too much salt last night!!

Gibby hang on...

Sam??? fridays the day..

Linda where are you..hope all is well.

Mary..feelin better yet?

Vicki.. salty nuts for me last night and saurkraut and pirogis and potato chips shhh!...I feel like a balloon!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning Thanks all...I am feeling better and on track....everyday is a new day and today is going to be good.....Faith is the key girls....One day at a time....Who does want to lose 10 lbs a week but hey we dont....but when we do lose that 10 lbs one day...YEA there it goes forever....All of us here are diffferent in our ways of losing but we all have one think in common....We have the desire to do it...For me it is having faith in my self, a desire to be healthy, eat the way I know is best for me, do the exercise that I feel good about for my body, setting small goals and long term goals for one day and coming here for support ....How about you......

Vicki...I know about those salty nuts...they get me....

Linda...I know that you enjoyed the ride on your bike and all the exercising you are doing...have fun....

Sam...how is the Doctoring going there gal....

Lorrie...nice to read your post ....

Gibby....I sent you another message...hope you got it...if not I will send again...Smile girl.....
Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the message, Mary! I appreciate it.

I have de-carbed my house! It's amazing how those evil things get in, isn't it?

I work out with my trainer tonight. I've been faithful about seeing him twice a week. On another thread, I'm joining them and their walking with Leslie Sansone tapes. I'll start that tomorrow night.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...my favorite it the Leslie tapes...they are good for me also...Just got thru watching the Biggest Loser and am going to walk on threadmill.... Talk later...
Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
quick hello, yes there is life beyond P90X I'm in week 4 and can hardly believe it. My goal now isto tighten the reigns on my eating which I said I was going to do weeks ago. My friend who started this with me has followed the nutrition plan as well as the exercise and she is looking amazing. I am so jealous. I am trying NOT to be but it shows once again that WHATEVER plan you are on................................................ ...............You follow the plan you lose. You don't follow the plan you don't lose. C'mon now, can it be any easier than that? I'm back to planning ahead, recording my meals into *********** and sticking to it.

Have a great day everyone and feel free to start a February thread abyone
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 02-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone. I've been faithful on LC now for two days. There are no sugars or bad carbs in the house.

For breakfast I had a cheese omelet, snack was deviled eggs, lunch was a rib-eye steak and I'm going to have another steak for dinner tonight with some zucchini and lots of butter!!!

It feels so good to be back in control.

I wanted to thank all of your for your support and encouragement - it means a lot and it DID help me get back on track.

Today I watched Oprah - I don't usually watch her. Dr. Oz was on and the subject was diabetes. It was pretty intense and kind of scary - it was a real eye-opener and I needed to hear what they had to say. It's a miracle I don't have diabetes and I sure don't want to get it and the program helped scare me away from sugar.

Have a great evening!

Marilee
Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Wahoo for Gibby and Linda. WTG. I did a Leslie DVD this morning.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

YEA! Gibby..you sound so up today....how nice to hear...You did great....

I am feeling so good now...I think that my body has started to really kick in for I am starting to lose good...I am like you Gibby...I dont want diabetes....my Mom is a very bad one.....I got scared when my feet started to break down and split and wow...I never have had bad feet at all...but they are just now starting to feel better since I have started eating on my LC plan.....they are not completely healed but getting there...

Made steak omelets last night...DH loves those...Tonight taco salad...Fish tomorrow night. I notice now that I get full easy and I am eating smaller portions... I dont eat alot at lunch at school unless I take my lunch....so many starches there.. I did have a beef pattie with cheese...the girls I work with are getting use to me eating different then them....I just look at all that mac/cheese and ff and all the breading on everything we serve and think....NO MORE....

Was reading some magzines on Turbo Akins Diet and one on Akins and Mediterrian diet together...mmmmm says have a glass of red wine for sure...burns fat..mmmmmmm

Well just looking around at the post....night all....
Old 02-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gibby

Quote:
Was reading some magzines on Turbo Akins Diet and one on Akins and Mediterrian diet together...mmmmm says have a glass of red wine for sure...burns fat..mmmmmmm
Mary.. I saw that magizine at the check out at the grocery store...was it informative? Is it worth buying??

Sam..

I am up..

175 174 173 172 171 170 169 168 167 166 165
164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155 154
153 152 151 150 Ultimate goal 145-147
Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Not anymore than we already know....but I read it anyway...I buy anything that has something about LC...just to see...I got a couple of books from the library today I will check out...just to look thur....I wish there was a LC magazine that came out...that would be good with sucess stories etc...
Old 02-07-2010, 05:46 AM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, Crap

OK, I have been experiencing weight creep and want to nip it in the bud. So, I thought I would start writing down what I ate and calculate the calories and carbs. I only decided to start this today. So, with breakfast (which I didn't measure and had to guess at amounts) I came up with approx. 950 cals and 27 carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not too concerned over the carbs, but the calories holy crap!!!!!!! I guess I had better scale back a bit. Better start measuring.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
OK, I have been experiencing weight creep and want to nip it in the bud. So, I thought I would start writing down what I ate and calculate the calories and carbs. I only decided to start this today. So, with breakfast (which I didn't measure and had to guess at amounts) I came up with approx. 950 cals and 27 carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not too concerned over the carbs, but the calories holy crap!!!!!!! I guess I had better scale back a bit. Better start measuring.
Mind if I join the counting..maybe if I commit to keeping track and posting it will help....I just want to get down to 169 soon!!

I almost get there and I blow it!!!

175 174 173 172 170 169 168 167 166 165
164 163 162 161 160 159 158 157 156 155 154
153 152 151 150 ultimate goal 145-147
Old 02-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all... Time for a new week....ready, set, go...I dont count calories but I am know that I am not going overboard with them...I do watch my carbs...I have just learned what is bad for me and ofcourse that is the process foods and sugar...I know that I must not have them anymore....so instead of fried items I have baked, instead of sweets I have SF jello, or my diet soda for it takes away the craving for a sweet taste..I know that so many here do not agree with the diet sodas but it helps me...we give up so much so we have to find what is works for us.....I had popcorn which is not on my plan but for the football game I wanted it and I was careful of what I ate the rest of the day....now this morning I am back to my reg...day plan..LC....I think we have to learn what we can control and what we can not....I dont allow myself a meal of chicken fried stead and potatoes anymore for I know that it is not good for me...I am not in control of that so I dont go there anymore.....I have a desire to work at this plan forever so if it is slow sometimes then fast or fast then slow sometimes I will stay with it...it has taught me what my body can have and not have and it has made me feel healthy....I dont worry about what my neighbor or co worker at the next table it eating I just worry about what I am ...I stand up for myself in what I believe is best for me...and that is LC....My first little goal is for Valentines ofcourse for it is a special day with my annv....and I know that I have come along way little by little one day at a time...then the next goal is for spring break next month then summer vacation time....it helps to look forward to what has happened to me....I dont let the fear of the scale hit me anymore....I do weigh but not each day....worrying is a stress that kills....Have a great day friends.....
Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Holy crap, girl! What were you having for breakfast
Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Well, I got on the scale and I survived the weekend!!!! I weigh the same as I did on Friday so it's official - I'm down 8 pounds in a week. I won't weigh again now until next Monday, now that I know I'm in a losing mode.

Here's todays eats (keep in mind I'm on Atkins Induction):

Breakfast - 3 eggs fried in butter
Lunch - two roasted chicken legs and a small lettuce salad with ranch dressing
Snack - if hungry - string cheese
Dinner - pork chops with 2 cups of summer squash and butter
Dessert - if I need it - SF jello

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good morning!

Well, I got on the scale and I survived the weekend!!!! I weigh the same as I did on Friday so it's official - I'm down 8 pounds in a week. I won't weigh again now until next Monday, now that I know I'm in a losing mode.

8 pounds?!?! You go girl!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sam! We've missed you!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

I had:
3/4 c cottage cheese
1/2 c plain yogurt
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 scoop protein powder
2 Tbsp chia seeds
4 strawberries
Flax meal muffin
coffee
half/half 2 Tbsp
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
Old 02-08-2010, 12:37 PM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!

Yea Lizzie, come on along on counting.

Gibby, WTG you stuck with the plan over the wknd.

Mary, glad to see you posting this Monday

Sam, how are you doing?

Linda and Liz where are you guys?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning!

AMAZING!!!WTG!!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Sam ready for the big snow???
Old 02-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Quote:
Hi Sam! We've missed you!
:blush:

I've been lurking... glad to see you're doing so well! And your menu looks good!

NOT looking forward to the snow. I took the day off work today, and probably should have saved it for tomorrow Oh well!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Good job GIbby...
Old 02-09-2010, 03:58 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

We are suppose to get 30hrs of snow!!! YIKES!!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:38 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning all....todays goal is WATER...

Last few days from my first goal on Valentines....

Wishing everyone a wonderful day....

Snow....WOW....that sounds cold....

Az...what can I say....No snow here ...lol....

Watched the Biggest Loser last night....sorry but the one I wanted off is gone...she wasnt nice to everyone...sorry...
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Had a great day today....stayed with my mini goal of drinking only water...YEA I did it..
Thatr is my hardest thing to do....but will try it more now.....
I noticed my complexion is softer and looking so much better now....I think this is the way to go for me...LOL....
Old 02-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

WTG on getting your water in Mary.
Closed Thread