Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:40 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I really don't want to post this but I need to be honest and accountable. I weighed on my home scale today and am 172, usually it weighs heavier than the TOPS scale. So, I am about 5-8 lbs heavier than I would like to be and would LOVE to be in the 150's by the wedding.

I don't want to change my stats yet until I weigh in at TOPS on Tues though. I may go back to daily weighing in order to get back on track for a while too.

Exercise isn't the problem, it is the eating as usual. Sloppy! This morning I exercised to Gilad Sculpt & Tone Workout. While stretching, I actually counted how many exercise tapes and DVD's I have: 90 Who would have thunk LOL. I could rotate one per day and have 3 months covered, actually more than that since some of them have multiple workouts.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
VICKI~ BRAVO on being accountable!

YOU CAN DO IT! If you want to be in the 150's for your wedding I know you'll be there.

You said that your eating has become sloppy........maybe you need a big bib like my DH.

Are you snacking, grazing or eating late at night? I've struggled with all three:blush: It helps me to move my meals down to a later time (having dinner at 7-8 instead of 5-6). I tried doing a planned evening snack. For some reason it seems to just make me hungrier and it starts the "head games" of "what else can I eat"??

Are you still planning out your meals?

Quote:
Exercise isn't the problem, it is the eating as usual. Sloppy! This morning I exercised to Gilad Sculpt & Tone Workout. While stretching, I actually counted how many exercise tapes and DVD's I have: 90 Who would have thunk LOL. I could rotate one per day and have 3 months covered, actually more than that since some of them have multiple workouts.
WOOZA! That's a lot of exercise tapes! Do you have any favorites? I'd appreciate any recommendations because I'm looking to expand my collection of TWO. I have the biggest loser workout and walking away the pounds.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Vicki....you can do it....The thing that has helped me the most this time is I don't snack at night....I could changed my stats now but I am waiting for awhile...I know I am doing good but will wait....I dont want to lose so fast that it makes it feel like I am on a quick fixed diet....I want this to be forever...I am learning to eat correctly for me...and it is working...I am not into alot of heavy exercising but I do want to always have a steady one such as walking ....I still lose weight ....and my inches...so I am happy...
You will lose it...Each time you feel you need something you know will not be good for you....take a moment and think about HIM...sometimes that might work....Think in a romantic way...Do I want this or do I want to be in his arms feeling good with myself...LOL....might work....I am with you ....you can do it....Mary

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 01-10-2010 at 10:41 AM..
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Linda-- Ok, 1/12... girl, it's on! Even though I can tell already that I'll be above siggie-- likely low 180's. 90mins?! That's crazy. Go you!

Vicki-- I know if you want the 150's you WILL do it because you've been doing amazing!

Liz-- Are you in ketosis? All your munching/craving posts make me wonder if you aren't appetite suppressed by ketosis.... perhaps post daily menus? Or do you not want to be in ketosis? Artificial sweeteners and I don't get along (unless it's Stevia). Could that be your problem?

Mary-- As of now, I'm going into Internal Medicine. May specialize later (endocrine, bariatric medicine or nutrition), but ultimately I want to help people lose weight and avoid diabetes. That's basically all I want to do If I have to remember antibiotics for the rest of my life I will be a very unhappy camper!

I gained 2 pounds from yesterday morning and it's totally from eating a ton and drinking beer... but I'm still in ketosis and only had ~4 bites of carby foods. But I felt gross afterward anyway.

Having people over tonight for poker/football, and I got a bunch of food from costco... and man, I hope everyone eats it all up because I don't want the leftovers here! My fear is the chips and dips.... tortilla chips + Sam => disaster/heaven. Soooo, I'm thinking I might try baking squash chips. Will see if there is a recipe here!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Vicki, thank you for not being perfect

I know you will achieve your goal.

Right now I'm doing a job I hate - cleaning out the refrigerator. And I don't mean eating! Taking out shelves, scrubbing rinsing drying, etc. And scrubbing off whatever spilled and dried hard on the bottom underneath the crisper. Ugh!

I've been having major carb cravings this weekend. I haven't given in but a pizza sure sounds good!!!!!

It's early in the game, but the Cardinals are whooping Green Bays a$$ - GO CARDINALS

Everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend. Back to work tomorrow

Marilee
Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Linda, is that 90 minutes a day 6 days a week??? Holy macaroni!!
Not every day is 90. Some are 60 min. but the 90 min. can be split up am/pm.
Quote:
I really don't want to post this but I need to be honest and accountable. I weighed on my home scale today and am 172, usually it weighs heavier than the TOPS scale. So, I am about 5-8 lbs heavier than I would like to be and would LOVE to be in the 150's by the wedding.

I don't want to change my stats yet until I weigh in at TOPS on Tues though. I may go back to daily weighing in order to get back on track for a while too.

Vicki, you are still my inspiration. I remember when you joined us and watched those number go down every week. You can do it. I understand sloppy eating. I've been staying there lately but not any more. I recognized that there are some foods that although are legal that I cannot have in the house or I will abuse them. Recently I bought some lowcarb healthy bread made locally and some almondnutbutter. They were gone within days. Now, I know peanutbutter is a trigger food so my silly mind say oh no almondbutter won't be a problem helloooo, nitwit. Then I got some Dannon lite and fit or whatever it is the 80 cal. ones. I kept eating them and eating them until they were gone. I bought the big pack at Sams and yup, gone. So, I've logged in my food today and am sticking with it. Funny, I can have plain Greek yogurt in the house and not touch it for days and I really like that too. I can control myself more with that. You can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
VICKI~ BRAVO on being accountable!
WOOZA! That's a lot of exercise tapes! Do you have any favorites? I'd appreciate any recommendations because I'm looking to expand my collection of TWO. I have the biggest loser workout and walking away the pounds.
Liz, I have the Gilad DVD and love it. It is a great full body workout without killing you. You use a resistance band and hand weights. Plus, he's nice to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Vicki....you can do it....The thing that has helped me the most this time is I don't snack at night....I could changed my stats now but I am waiting for awhile...I know I am doing good but will wait....I dont want to lose so fast that it makes it feel like I am on a quick fixed diet....I want this to be forever...I am learning to eat correctly for me...and it is working...I am not into alot of heavy exercising but I do want to always have a steady one such as walking ....I still lose weight ....and my inches...so I am happy...
You will lose it...Each time you feel you need something you know will not be good for you....take a moment and think about HIM...sometimes that might work....Think in a romantic way...Do I want this or do I want to be in his arms feeling good with myself...LOL....might work....I am with you ....you can do it....Mary
Mary, sounds like you are getting a good handle on your eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Linda-- Ok, 1/12... girl, it's on! Even though I can tell already that I'll be above siggie-- likely low 180's. 90mins?! That's crazy. Go you!

Vicki-- I know if you want the 150's you WILL do it because you've been doing amazing!

Liz-- Are you in ketosis? All your munching/craving posts make me wonder if you aren't appetite suppressed by ketosis.... perhaps post daily menus? Or do you not want to be in ketosis? Artificial sweeteners and I don't get along (unless it's Stevia). Could that be your problem?

Mary-- As of now, I'm going into Internal Medicine. May specialize later (endocrine, bariatric medicine or nutrition), but ultimately I want to help people lose weight and avoid diabetes. That's basically all I want to do If I have to remember antibiotics for the rest of my life I will be a very unhappy camper!

I gained 2 pounds from yesterday morning and it's totally from eating a ton and drinking beer... but I'm still in ketosis and only had ~4 bites of carby foods. But I felt gross afterward anyway.

Having people over tonight for poker/football, and I got a bunch of food from costco... and man, I hope everyone eats it all up because I don't want the leftovers here! My fear is the chips and dips.... tortilla chips + Sam => disaster/heaven. Soooo, I'm thinking I might try baking squash chips. Will see if there is a recipe here!
Sam, STEP AWAY FROM THE CHIPS!!!! Remember, weigh day Tuesday morning and think of all that sodium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Vicki, thank you for not being perfect
Right now I'm doing a job I hate - cleaning out the refrigerator. And I don't mean eating! Taking out shelves, scrubbing rinsing drying, etc. And scrubbing off whatever spilled and dried hard on the bottom underneath the crisper. Ugh!

:
Gibby, oh man, I hate when that happens. In fact you just reminded me that I put a can of coke in the freezer the other day and it exploded. It's still not cleaned up, but it's frozen

Doing great with my eating today. I have a snack of Greek yogurt coming yet then kitchen closed.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gibby....lol ...frozen coke...that was good..poor thing...I had to clean my icebox out too..but hey like you said we were not eating cleans lol...Hey our Cardinals did it...GREAT GAME....and my COWBOYS did wonderful...I love them both.

..I did really good this weekend...I think...I kept on my plan but we did snack on plain popcorn while the game was on...just plain...but I didnt get carried away...and supper was very light...so nothing after 5:00.....I am not on induction but I do try to keep under 20 carbs most days....I made my lunch to take tomorrow...I made that chicken with the bacon dish again so I am taking that with me...and salad...This is the first day I did not eat any eggs...wow...I had a small amt...of leftover veggies and I added some cut up turkeylinks in it for breakfast...My DH just looked at it....LOL...He had something else..lol....then my popcorn was our lunch and football snack...( I know)...but was out of pork rinds ...mmm then for an early supper we had the chicken dish and sm..salad........that was it....

Sam ...good job..We just need good Dr...and women Drs...at that....

Vicki...dont worry...you are doing great....we are all going to do great this year...We have found each other here to be truthful with...I want to know it I gain I will be encouraged to get on board right then....But that I can come here and say ...Hey I made a boo boo..today or this week and start again right then...I want to be the support when needed...that is what we are all about...helping each other...I want to really lose this year...even with ups and downs that I might face...I will do it...

Yea! for all of us...we are in the playoffs everyday and guess what,we will make it to the finish line....I promise you... It takes a team sometimes to work together to make it...Well here we are....I want to know that when each one of us post it is really what we are doing...gaining, losing..YES...working on new exercises, new menus, and just being ourselves in telling each what is happening to us on this journey...It is like going to TOPS....they are there for you to weigh in and lean on each other...well we are same here... We all need lifting up, smiling at, and lots of support....We are all different but the same... Now everyone smile and have a great evening....Mary

Sorry...LOL...Linda you had the coke....okkkkkkkkkk LOL...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 01-10-2010 at 06:36 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, quick post then off to do a little cleaning and then get ready to go teach my Spin class.
I just did my first core synergistics workout. I completed the entire workout with modifications minus the bonus round. Did you hear the WOOHOO? There is one move called the dreya roll that was put in by Dreya Webber an aerial star. You stand feet together and lower yourself back onto the floow lyning down and then roll forward to a standing position. It is unbelieveable and I will probably never be able to do that.
I kept a record of the modifications I made so I can track my progress. I may never be able to do the Dreya roll but I will try. I'm not ashamed to say that I did the Dreya roll using my bed. Don't laugh. I stood on the floor and rolled back on the bed and used my abs to lift me to my feet. Hey, it worked for me and it was better than sitting there saying "I'll never do that". There were many moves that I did not have to modify so that made me feel empowered to continue. I'm going to keep positive. Tonight I teach a Spinning class and right now I feel GREAT! I thought I'd be exhausted but quite the contrary. And to think that 5 years ago I weighed 243 lb. and could only do 3 minutes on the ellipictical. Now, at almost 60 I'm teaching Spinning and embarking on an even greater challenge. I'm not going to let some silly little "dreya roll" scare me
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Linda, you're amazing. You're my inspiration
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Fantastic Linda....you are so neat....Go girl...I have alot of respect for you.......
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda, 243! I can't imagine. Do you have before pics someplace posted here?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Vicki, click on the link below my signature, my sparkpage, and you will see them.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Linda, you're amazing. You're my inspiration
Tomorrow's weighday girlie.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

updating my stats

Off to work now. Up .5 lb but that's going to change quickly.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:37 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning.....Looking good there Linda...helps to see before and after....and you look great.

My Mom is in ICU in Texas so I am waiting to hear from my brother later....she was stablized last night...She went in with her tougue swollen...she was in last week ....she went in to a diabetic coma....we have been here before and they she came back out but her sugar just go crazy...She has been under a doctors care for many years and it still happens. She has been a dibectic for many years now but she is one of those that does not cheat on food and is not over weight..but here sugar will go down in just seconds....sometimes it is up so high she is gone from us for awhile.....Sam we need good Drs.......
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh, how stressful Mary.

Linda, I guess I hadn't paid any attention to the links in your siggy, thanks. You look awesome.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Aww, Mary, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she's doing ok. Is she on insulin?

Linda-- 0.5?!?! Up 0.5?!?! I thought we were in this TOGETHER but you could pee that out by the afternoon!

I'm up more than that. Sigh. Check stats. My eating is getting sloppy (cheesier, nuttier, vegetable-ier, salads etc), so can only be expected! But I'm working out like a fiend and still in ketosis. I know it'll be better I went to whole foods yesterday with 2 guy friends and wanted to buy steak and ground beef, but I was embarrassed. So I didn't, and now I'll have to go back to get it. I'm kinda lame.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Goodmorning.....Looking good there Linda...helps to see before and after....and you look great.

My Mom is in ICU in Texas so I am waiting to hear from my brother later....she was stablized last night...She went in with her tougue swollen...she was in last week ....she went in to a diabetic coma....we have been here before and they she came back out but her sugar just go crazy...She has been under a doctors care for many years and it still happens. She has been a dibectic for many years now but she is one of those that does not cheat on food and is not over weight..but here sugar will go down in just seconds....sometimes it is up so high she is gone from us for awhile.....Sam we need good Drs.......
Sorry to hear about your mom.

Quote:
Aww, Mary, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she's doing ok. Is she on insulin?

Linda-- 0.5?!?! Up 0.5?!?! I thought we were in this TOGETHER but you could pee that out by the afternoon!

I'm up more than that. Sigh. Check stats. My eating is getting sloppy (cheesier, nuttier, vegetable-ier, salads etc), so can only be expected! But I'm working out like a fiend and still in ketosis. I know it'll be better I went to whole foods yesterday with 2 guy friends and wanted to buy steak and ground beef, but I was embarrassed. So I didn't, and now I'll have to go back to get it. I'm kinda lame.
Nuts and cheese are a KILLER for me too. But you know what to do, now let's do it. As far as going to whole foods with the guy friends, I'd do the same thing. If you are anything like me, I'd be buying a LOT of it and they'd be saying who's going to eat all that? Little do they know, huh?

I'm on W1 D2 of P90X. Yesterday I did the core synergistics and I taught a Spinning class and took a Bodyflow class. On today's schedule was cardioX. I had a really busy day at work and I got home at 6pm, asked Roger if he would stop and get dinner for himself on the way home because I would be exercising right after work. So here I am so proud to stay motivated enough to do the workout at home and complete it even if I looked like a dork doing it. Anyway, as I'm doing the DVD Tony says if you are on the lean program this is your SECOND workout of the day. I know that cardio is on Mon. Tues. and Sat. but is that IN ADDITION to doing cardio X? I guess it is in addition to the program of the day. I talked to my friend Julia who is doing this with me and she reminded me that this program is called EXTREME for that reason and if we want extreme results we are going to have to put forth extreme effort. I'm not throwing in the towel, oh no. My next birthday is monumental and I have 8 months to "bring it" so I can be Sixty and Sexy.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
As far as going to whole foods with the guy friends, I'd do the same thing. If you are anything like me, I'd be buying a LOT of it and they'd be saying who's going to eat all that? Little do they know, huh?
Yup, totally. As it turns out, Whole Foods and the gym are adjacent to each other, so I went after my workout with these 2 guys (1 being "the guy" which is entertaining, at best).

My life has become a bit of a shi&tshow. I'm "writing a paper" for 4 weeks of credit, and it's on LCing, and basically I could write it in a day if I really tried. So instead I spend the days and nights being social, going out etc., and I have drank a ton. Only positive is that my eating is still good and I'm working out 5 days/week. However, I'm probably going to be stuck in the 180s until I stop drinking my 15g of carbs/beer beers every night like they were sparkling water. I'd say I have a drinking problem, but I don't. What I have is a social problem. If anyone wants to go out, I go out... I feel compelled to, partially out of fear of missing out on something good. It feels a tad juvenile, but in my mind, this spring and summer my life will change so dramatically, I might as well enjoy it now. Sigh. I need to find a happy medium.

I need to be 150 by May 1st. Am I being ridiculous? I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding, and I would feel so much better and more confident that way.

I'm babbling now. It's 1am. Just talking Hope you're all doing well!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Wake up everyone ...I am up...LOL....and it is 4am.....wow....DH is up everyday at 2am but I am not....Just could sleep any longer....Last I heard from my brother ...Mom is stable again....Yes she is on insulin....for years now.....she is on a strict diet and here weight is great...she doesnt walk anymore so she gets what little exercise she can...She ius 83...my sweet Mom...

Linda...I love listening to you about your exercising....it doesn't make me want to join you (sorry ) in so much exercise but it does make me enjoy my walking more...I think everyone has to find there own way and you are a leader......

Sam....You are cute...so you are a socializer...LOL...You are young that is all...I have a niece like you and she is wonderful...I have a niece that is one of those...LOL...She is different because she is divorced and has 3 sons...and she is wonderful...everyone loves her.,...She still love to socialize..she has so many friends and they love going places and partying and she plays softball....but she still knows what is the most important part of her life and that is her 3 sons...she balances it all out...somehow...You are the same in your way...You have your goal Dr....but you still have that desire to play....LOL...I think you can have both at your ages....if you are careful....She has to watch her weight also and so she keeps busy with sports and takes time for her sons in whatever they are in all the time....

Gibby ...where are you...I miss you..

Goodmorning to you Vicky and Liz...

Smiles to all....

Ok...got on the scales finally....LOST 6 lbs....Yes I am happy.. but that is just the beginning ....I have just started but I will make it all the way....We can do this .....YES
Old 01-13-2010, 04:58 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yup, totally. As it turns out, Whole Foods and the gym are adjacent to each other, so I went after my workout with these 2 guys (1 being "the guy" which is entertaining, at best).

My life has become a bit of a shi&tshow. I'm "writing a paper" for 4 weeks of credit, and it's on LCing, and basically I could write it in a day if I really tried. So instead I spend the days and nights being social, going out etc., and I have drank a ton. Only positive is that my eating is still good and I'm working out 5 days/week. However, I'm probably going to be stuck in the 180s until I stop drinking my 15g of carbs/beer beers every night like they were sparkling water. I'd say I have a drinking problem, but I don't. What I have is a social problem. If anyone wants to go out, I go out... I feel compelled to, partially out of fear of missing out on something good. It feels a tad juvenile, but in my mind, this spring and summer my life will change so dramatically, I might as well enjoy it now. Sigh. I need to find a happy medium.

I need to be 150 by May 1st. Am I being ridiculous? I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding, and I would feel so much better and more confident that way.

I'm babbling now. It's 1am. Just talking Hope you're all doing well!
Sam, I don't think 150 is an unreasonable goal. You can do it. I know you can. As far as the and socializing goes, I say do it. We just have to find a way for you to socialize and not get all the carbs/calories from drinking. I'm thinking back to my days when I did the same. You need to socialize because God knows you will NOT be doing much of that when you become Dr. Sam, especially when you are on call. So, for now can you switch to a lower carb drink and then tell yourself then even try going out and just drinking diet coke some of the time? Beer = calories and carbs.

Mary, glad your mom is stable. Keep us posted.

Off to exercise. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
I lost my whole post and I was just about finished!!!!! So lets try again

Goodmorning everyone!!! My stats were correct yesterday..but 2lbs up today

Looks like we got a crowd her at A Clean Slate.

Lei,

Sam, I love Nuts and cheese but they are a staller for me

Linda, 150 sounds good to me I will try for May

Gibby, WTG on your losses

Mary, Glad to hear your mom is doing better

Lorrie

Liz nice to see your posts

Vicki..date 4 wedding yet? We eloped to Niagra Falls and had a backyard reception when we returned... of couse we told my son (he was 9 at the time) but everyone else got the announcement /reception invitation in the mail from Niagra Falls New York. We had them made up and stamped before we left..It was wonderful..Set it up with a minister and got married outside by the falls..my DH took all the pics

Running late now gotta go to work...
Old 01-13-2010, 07:07 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
I'm here! I've been reading everyday, but haven't felt compelled to "talk". My weight loss has slowed way down - I am doing two things that may be contributing to that, but I'm going to continue doing them so I'm not sure where this will lead to which weight loss plan I do. I may need to adjust my LC way of eating to be lower in fat, so I am open to advice from you experts.

I have a lot of inflammation in my body - I am taking a natural product that is working great (less pain for one) but it has sugar in it. Not much, but it's there. Also, because I do not sleep well AT ALL, I have started drinking a glass of wine before I go to sleep. I am not a big drinker so it really does taste like medicine but it knocks me out. Last night I slept for 4 hours straight. That is a miracle!

Since studies have shown that lack of sleep contributes to weight problems, I'm hoping that in time, I can get more sleep and this will help me in the long run.

So, suggestions for eating? Wine has sugar and Nopalea has sugar.

Thanks for the input.

Enough about me - Mary I'm glad you mother is doing better. I have one brother who died by going into a diabetic coma and another member of my family is insulin dependent. It is an ugly disease.

Linda and Sam, you guys wear me out with the exercise you do! I saw my trainer for my 1/2 hour weight training session and I was limping when I left! Cardio is still hard for me to do.

Hi Liz!!!!

Everyone have a great day - I need to get to work.

Thanks for listening
Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning all. TOPS was last night and the scale was kind, I stayed the same. So i don't have to change the stats WAHOO. I have not been weighing daily but am going to weigh at least once a week at home midway between TOPS meeting: Saturday mornings would be the most logical since TOPS is on Tuesdays.

SAM I am not sure that May 1 is unrealistic to lose 30 lbs, but what happens if you don't make it? Are you going to use it as an excuse to eat, play the martyr, kick yourself and not enjoy the wedding? I am only saying this because I have been there done that when I haven't met a goal wt. by some event or season. What worked for me while losing, was to take it one day at a time with no end date in sight. That took a lot of pressure off too.

Linda Sexy Sixty, I like that. That gives me this whole decade to prepare LOL.

Lizzie Yes, August 1 is the wedding date. We are keeping it simple too. DIY invites, cut flowers from the local grocery store etc. I can't see spending a bunch of $$$ I was watching the channel WE over the wknd and Platinum Weddings was on. A couple on there had a half million dollar wedding :-O
Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Aw, thanks guys for being so understanding.

Gibby-- Have you tried anything else to help you sleep? I am very strict usually about sleep hygiene-- I use full-spectrum fluorescent lights every morning to mimic the sun and regulate my circadian rhythm. Also avoiding exercise, TV, caffeine later in the day, keeping the lights low at night, sleeping with eye covers and a sound machine, etc. And while wine may help you fall asleep it does mess up your sleep cycle so you're not any more well-rested (unfortunately, I wine). I'm trying to think of anything else that might help, but perhaps you already know why you aren't sleeping well?

Also, if you want any advice about menus etc. to try and help you, feel free to post here.

Vicki-- I know the whole "goal" thing can be a lot of pressure. I AM thinking about the short term also, and taking it day by day. But this May thing is important to me, and if I get anywhere close to my goal but don't reach it, I'll still be happy. NO sabatoges or anything. I'm in this for life, but being near goal by May is a huge bonus. And if I can make it by May, then when I start residency in July I'll be at a healthy weight and I'll feel very good about myself.

Linda-- You're right, as always Have to find a middle ground, and really should focus on LC drinks. I should probably start drinking vodka soda or something, in place of carby beers, and alternate with just club soda drinks. Oh, also, I am really sore right now, and not losing weight the past few days-- think it's water retention from lifting weights? Please say yes and that tomorrow I will have a 4 pounds woooooshie!

Mary-- Thanks for being so supportive! I'm glad to hear you have such a lovely family and a niece who has managed to balance it all (as I hope to one day do, as well!). I am a "socializer" but it's not just personality, it's because of LCing! If I'm not in ketosis and eating junk I have a very hard time motivating myself to go out and see people. Thank goodness for lowcarbing. What a life saver!

Slim-- Your wedding sounds beautiful!! Do you happen to watch The Office??
Old 01-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all....Just waiting on the veggies to get done...we are having supper very early...DH said he didnt eat alot of lunch either so we are both ready...lol...roast in the crockpot cooking all day and the veggies are in the micro.....something easy today...

Giddy I am sorry you are not sleeping....I know what you mean about the wine...I hate it...and we have lots in our bar at home.. for quest...I like margaritas sometimes but not now...I am being a good girl...LOL....I hope....Just take one day at time sweetie...that is all I can take too....

Girls...we will all make it one day to our goals no matter how it takes....some longer than other but how nice to is to have each other to be support....We all live just different lives but that is what makes us all so interesting.....

Liz...your wedding will be beautiful and most of all full of romance and love....mmmmm

Sam...you are you...LOL...that is what is so cute about you...

Vicky...we are all in this for the short or long haul...hang in there....

Well time to set the table...then get into a one for my books for awhile...I started crocheting some...I havent done that in many years but it keeps my hands busy and is relaxing...

Have a sweet nite all...sweetdreams Gibby....
Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
I had jury duty this week. Usually I get dismissed but this time they selected me to sit on the jury. We just finished today. It was interesting to see the whole process in person (although I've watched it a zillion times on tv). Some of the people offering testimony need their own reality show. Wowza. What rock did they crawl out from under....hahaha One "lady" kept offering her own objections while on the stand. "I object to this question because I don't think it's relevant" <-----someone must watch a lot of law and order. The judge had to tell her SEVERAL times that it was the attorney's job to object

I just made my first sushi! I used the toasted nori sheets (only 1 carb per big sheet) and stuffed it with smoked salmon and cream cheese. YUM! The first batch looked rather pathetic so, of course, I had to eat the poor ugly rolls Very filling and tasty. I made some pretty rolls for DH. I think I'll try some other fillings for my next rolls. I'm thinking of finely chopping cauliflower and sauteing in a bit of sesame seed oil to use in a roll. Has anyone else made sushi?

ladyinlove~ I'm glad to hear your Mom is better.

Sam~ I agree with Linda ...live your life, socialize and have FUN.
Just a suggestion for low carb drinks....I've brought little packets of crystal light (sunrise orange is great with vodka) to add to my drink. I've also done a fruit punch type packet with rum. There's even a sugar free margarita mix packet in single servings you can get (I think it is zilch brand).

Gibby~ sorry to hear you suffer with insomnia. Have you tried celestial seasonings "sleepy time extra" tea? It has valerian (the herbal valium)
I've never heard of Nopalea. Do you take fish oil? That is supposed to be very helpful for reducing inflammation. I hope you find relief
Lizzie~ I'm glad to see you posting! I hope your house sold

Linda~ Hey there exercise queen How's it going? Are you feeling sore after the px work outs? KUTGW!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Hey Sam..I'm with you 150 lbs by May! That's a little more than 3 whole months we could get there before that.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
Hey Sam..I'm with you 150 lbs by May! That's a little more than 3 whole months we could get there before that.

Love it!! There's the enthusiasm!
Closed Thread