Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
GIBBY~ you have good reason to be excited! 4lbs is GREAT!!! Please never hesitate to share your success...we're all rooting for you and your success can help motivate! BTW your food sounds really good. Now I'm craving a stuffed raw red or yellow pepper (*putting that on my shopping list*)

the recipe is something that ladyinlove posted: "I am fixing dinner with Ranch Chicken recipe...simple...but I think it will be good....
Chicken breast lined in bottom of pan...cover with the pkg..ranch style dressing, then add strips of bacon over it and then shredded cheese...cover and bake for 45 mins then uncovered for 15mins"

ladyinlove~ sounds like a fun day! I'm thinking that I need to get "into" football or some sort of sports. I live in Alabama and college football is HUGE here.

I like you attitude about eating off plan. I TRY to be that way but often times I get the "oh well, you already blew it...now what else can I eat?" attitude. I'm working on that

VICKI~ That is my plan for today. Snacking is such a slippery slope for me. Once I justify a healthy snack it can snowball into a graze-a-thon:blush:

LINDA~ your day with the HOGS sounds fun even if a bit cold. BRAVO on staying on plan and exercising! (you weren't a real hog when hanging with the HOGS!!)

LORRIE~ your dinner sounds good! I LOVE alfredo sauce. Do you make it from scratch or use the jar kind?

Re. the multivit. I put mine by my toothbrush. I see them every morning when I brush my teeth. It is too easy for me to forget them if they are put up in a cabinet somewhere

Re. the water....I'm not sure on the quantity. I've heard the drinking half your weight thing too. When I do atkin's induction I tend to lose a lot of water so I try to drink more to compensate. I do try to drink it EARLY so that I don't wake up ALL NIGHT LONG. IBTDT too.

SAM~ where are you??? Missing your posts! Hope you are well.

I hope everyone is having a healthy and happy day!
I cheat and use the jar..but from scratch does sound Yummy. Maybe next week. I had it 3 days in a row and dont want to grow tired of it.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 06:19 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Goodmorning all.. Lorrie nice to see you....My DH thought that going to the football game was a good way to have something to do together and I enjoy football myself...We went to the Suns last year but the season tickets for what we went too where just silly....So we go when we want too now instead going regular...I love it that my DH loves to do things and go places and still we have our alone time for just us both...We are comfortable with each other so He is a big support for me on my plan and he is watching his weight now too ......I think when both partners have been thur as much as we both have at our age we need that someone special to undrstand our needs..We both needed love again and to live again....We are the age to enjoy just relaxing and slowly enjoy what we do now...We want to travel and just see the beauty of things and not be on the fast track anymore...We have been parents, grandparents ( and still are lol ) and we have had alot of loss of love ones....So now it our time...that is why I want to be healthy....At every age we change and we have had many beautiful moments and I want to keep that going but I must stay on my plan and exercise to do that now....I love being a woman and I love having someone in my live to share live with...Our bodies make so many changes over the years and we change directions sometimes but we still want to be able to enjoy things...Now instead of partying with friends I enjoy a nice evening alone out with my DH or just another couple....I loved having Big family gatherings and now I love small gatherings...I used to want more of my job and now I am semi retired doing something that is so simple but important...So my goal is to take care of myself...so I might enjoy live...I love coming here for it helps me keep on track ....So today is going to be good day....One goal of mine was to not snack on anything at night ....I have not....so I want to keep that up...I am making myself drink small amt. of water all day so I will get my water intake....and that is a hard one for me...I the scales just stay in the corner for now...but I will be trying on some of my tight jeans to see how I am doing....OH NO....LOL...Have a great day all.....
Old 01-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning, everyone!

Had my training session last night and I'm sore today. As always, I felt good and proud of myself after I finished. Went home and watched "The Biggest Loser". It should be a good season.

I'm at work so I have to run.

TTYL
Old 01-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning everybody!
GIBBY~
Quote:
Had my training session last night and I'm sore today. As always, I felt good and proud of myself after I finished
WTG! I'm glad you're posting this because you are helping motivate me to get a trainer! KUTGW!

ladyinlove~ As always, I really enjoy your posts.
Quote:
love it that my DH loves to do things and go places and still we have our alone time for just us both...We are comfortable with each other so He is a big support for me on my plan and he is watching his weight now too ......I think when both partners have been thur as much as we both have at our age we need that someone special to undrstand our needs..We both needed love again and to live again....We are the age to enjoy just relaxing and slowly enjoy what we do now...We want to travel and just see the beauty of things and not be on the fast track anymore...We have been parents, grandparents ( and still are lol ) and we have had alot of loss of love ones....So now it our time...that is why I want to be healthy..
awwwww...thanks for sharing that!
I'm so happy that you have someone so special in your life! Can you please clone him because I know some wonderful ladies that could use a guy like that! He is lucky to have you too...because it sounds like you appreciate him.

LORRIE~
Quote:
I cheat and use the jar..but from scratch does sound Yummy. Maybe next week. I had it 3 days in a row and dont want to grow tired of it.
I use the jar kind usually too because it is so convenient and it is relatively low carb. I was shocked, however, to realize that some of the jar alfredo sauces have corn syrup and/or high fructose corn syrup I check carefully when I buy the alfredo in a jar. Actually, I've gotten to the point where I read all labels before buying anything premade/processed. The junk that is in some stuff never ceases to amaze me. One instance that I recently caught was added SUGAR to frozen veggies.

I hope everyone is having a great on-plan day. I'm about to head out to an OA meeting
Old 01-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Oh no! Is Roger ok?!
He'sOK but probably looking at some surgery in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Well...we hope Roger if doing ok now and hope you get some rest too....
Thanks, I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good morning, everyone

Had my training session last night and I'm sore today. As always, I felt good and proud of myself after I finished. Went home and watched "The Biggest Loser". It should be a good season.

I'm at work so I have to run.

TTYL
KUTGW.

to everyone. If I'm MIA soon, it's not because I don't want to be here or because I'm off plan.I'm just trying to get started on a plan and keep my house in order too. My house is such a mess right now. I've got the cleaning girl coming tomorrw which is good but I have to pick up tonight before I'll even LET HER IN THE DOOR. My day is gone already. I got up and went to the gym and took a Body Pump class then taught a Silver Sneakers class then practiced our new Spinnning release for 45 min. with another instructor, went to the store, ate lunch and here it is 3PM and I've gotten nothing done in the house. So, my goal this week is to get my house somewhat in order, atleast the main living areas and get prepared to start P90X on Monday. I'm somewhat sticking to the food plan this week and getting geared up for the exercise. It will be no picnic that's for sure. They are intense 90 min. workouts 6 days a week. I'm going to make a cup of coffee and then get a roll going on the house hopefully.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 01-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
We are in a winter storm warning again, expecting another 6-9" of snow and blowing. When will it ever stop

Gibby, No Pain, No Gain LOL

Liz, I used to go to OA but didn't feel it did much for me, what has been your experience?

Linda, thoughts and prayers to you and Roger.

Lady, thanks for separating your posts into paragraphs like #56, they are so much easier to read.

I didn't make it to TOPS last night, I had a heck of a headache. I am still exercising pretty much daily, but still trying to pull in the reigns on the eating. I haven't snacked so far this afternoon though and it is 4 pm. Only water and herbal tea.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
Old 01-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

VICKI~
Quote:
We are in a winter storm warning again, expecting another 6-9" of snow and blowing. When will it ever stop
We're expecting several inches of snow here in Alabama.

I hope this winter storm leaves ALL of us alone

My heart really goes out to the people who suffer the most...the homeless and people who can't afford to properly heat their homes.

Quote:
Liz, I used to go to OA but didn't feel it did much for me, what has been your experience?
My experience with OA has been mixed. When I first went a few years ago I didn't feel comfortable with the group. Thankfully I tried a different meeting (different location and time) and I felt comfortable with the group and have made some good friends.

I've enjoyed most meetings but I get the most from specific topic/focused meetings. The general meetings where people take turns sharing can be good or snooze worthy depending on who attends.

Today's meeting was GREAT! We did a step study with a written guide. Each one would read a part and then comment on it. The actual step study guide and some other helpful big book worksheets are available free online at: OA Big Book Downloads If anyone is even remotely interested in OA check out this site.

The thing that I've found about OA meetings is that each one can be unique depending upon who attends. There are many newcomers in our area which keeps it interesting. also there are some that have long term recovery (over 10 years). It is inspiring to see people who actively "work" the program and have abstinence/freedom from food obsessions & COE.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Linda, I hope you get your home cleaned and you get things done...we always miss you...

Gibby...what can I say girl...So proud of you...We are going to be cute little AZ..chicks one day ...LOL....I saw just the last part of the Biggest Loser...Sad the twin had to go home but wow..he lost good too in the end..

Ok ya'll ...going to sit and watch a moive with my DH...My son started home to Texas after I got in from work....I miss him already..mmmm

Take care girls....

Lorrie...I have been asked that alot from other women...I have to say for real my DH is very very sweet and wonderful about some many things....He is not perfect but very wonderful.....

Liz...I don't use much sauces of any kind so not able to help you much there...

Vicky...I miss the weigh in most of all from TOPS...I went to one of their big ceremonies one year...I can't remember where now...but it was nice ...the candlelight service with all the big losers.....it was very inspiring to see...Alot of women in one place.....but fun..Wow..so much snow....I could send you some of our heat here in AZ if you need it but you must send me a day of snow...LOL..

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 01-06-2010 at 05:13 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

I just got done shoveling for the umpteenth time this year. About 4-6". At least it was light and fluffy and easy to throw. We are running out of room on where to put the stuff.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki...You have really started your exercise for the day....WOW...it makes shiver just listening to you and you know I am in AZ....closest thing here to snow is an ice cube...crushed....LOL...Well we try...

Off to work everyone...hope everyone is feeling good and having one of those wonderful days...Almost Friday..YEA!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, I bought an ice cream machine and tried it once then returned it. The mixture froze to the container so much that the paddles got stuck and wouldn't turn. I don't like how Splenda aftertaste is anyways with the ice cream, even store bought. I don't miss ice cream that much anyways. I do like SF popsickles in the summer though.

Lady and Gibby, I would love to be in AZ now. My future in-laws are down there for a few more weeks. They only stay for about 6 weeks and they leave a day or so after Christmas.

I made a cheese omelet with onions and peppers along with bacon and a pumpkin flax muffin. I have a seasoned pork roast in the crock too. I am planning on roasting cauli tonight to have with the roast. Last night I had a hankering for Ugly Green Beans and made the whole pound of fresh beans and ate every last one of them. Would that be considered a binge??? LOL. If so, who would have thunk that I would binge on green beans when chips, cookies and junk was the routine pig out item.

Last edited by vli1127; 01-07-2010 at 07:22 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Well, it's my first week back on plan and the scale says I lost 4 pounds. I'll take it. At one time during the week, the magic number was 5, but it's all good!

Liz-I taped the show with Erik and watched part of it this morning. I'll finish watching tonight.

Linda, I hope Roger is doing ok. You are in my prayers

Have a great day everyone! I need to get to work.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IT'S SNOWING At least that's what I think those few white flakes are. I've only seen snow maybe 5 times in my life.
Now I feel stranded when I see about 8 small white flakes fall from the sky:blush:

GIBBY~ CONGRATS on your loss You're doing great!

VICKI~
Quote:
Liz, I bought an ice cream machine and tried it once then returned it. The mixture froze to the container so much that the paddles got stuck and wouldn't turn. I don't like how Splenda aftertaste is anyways with the ice cream, even store bought. I don't miss ice cream that much anyways. I do like SF popsickles in the summer though.
I got it mostly for DH. If it were just me I would have also returned it. I tried a recipe from Lauren (jacksmixedtapes) that was decadently chocolate. I used a tbsp of alcohol to make it softer. It was creamy and delish BUT after storing the leftovers (what?!?!? there were leftovers?!??!?!)
it got rock hard. I threw it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it. I've read that adding glycerin will help keep it softer.
I plan to try frozen yogurt next

Quote:
I made a cheese omelet with onions and peppers along with bacon and a pumpkin flax muffin. I have a seasoned pork roast in the crock too. I am planning on roasting cauli tonight to have with the roast. Last night I had a hankering for Ugly Green Beans and made the whole pound of fresh beans and ate every last one of them. Would that be considered a binge??? LOL. If so, who would have thunk that I would binge on green beans when chips, cookies and junk was the routine pig out item
Your food has me drooling.
Green bean binges ARE far better than standard binges!
And isn't ONE serving of ugly green beans equal to one pound???
Those things sure are good. Now I've gotta go make some:blush:

But I don't have fresh green beans and I'm snowbound in the house.
Has anyone tried them with frozen green beans???
Old 01-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthylowcarbin View Post
But I don't have fresh green beans and I'm snowbound in the house.
Has anyone tried them with frozen green beans???
I have Liz. They are just as good. For those of you who don't know what Ugly Green Beans are you can search the recipe thread or here Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I baked my fresh ones on two pans at 375 for an hour.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I have Liz. They are just as good. For those of you who don't know what Ugly Green Beans are you can search the recipe thread or here Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I baked my fresh ones on two pans at 375 for an hour.
thanks for your quick response! I'll make those for lunch
It's great weather to run the oven for roasting stuff

ETA: I'm surprised lindasue gave these 2 stars. I REALLY like them plain and they are even more tasty, imo, when coated with a bit of parmesan cheese..mmmm

Last edited by healthylowcarbin; 01-07-2010 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/139.6/150 5'6" 31y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Liz-- congrats on not eating last night!!!

ALSO, green beans are addictive to me. I can easily eat a whole bag or bushel or whatnot--- I suspect they are higher on the glycemic index than other veggies, or just have a higher sugar count. I can barely eat them now, unless I'm in a restaurant. Isn't that sad?! Oh well. Spinach it is :blush:
Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Dr. Sam in June, how cool is that
Old 01-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Dr. Sam in June, how cool is that

Thanks, Vicki! It's exciting but also very skeeeery. I have to figure out a lot between now and then in terms of residency, moving, life .
Old 01-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Liz...Great on your snacking at night....I have been working on that too...I have not eaten any snacks since I started after supper...I can't believe it but I do want to be ready if I was too need it...

Sam...that sounds good with that Dr. on it...we need good women doctors out there,

I have no ideal what to make for supper tonight...I have planned the last few days....I have some ground beef, cabbage, tomatoes and summer squash...so I think I will put that together with some butter and Mrs. Dash... I have been taking my lunch to work this week and the girls at school wanted to know why,,,,WHY? ...Look at what we are serving today....Chicken nuggets, Burritoes, Mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, ...So that was my answer... I hadn't said anything about trying to stay on my weight plan until today and we started talking about it...they were very nice but they wanted to know WHY ? (again) that I wanted to lose weight....WOW!...So I got to explain my goal for myself...
Old 01-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all...off to work but it is Friday...Wow so much snow everywhere and cold...I started on my threadmill last night so that is what I will work on this weekend...Had some turkey bacon and jack cheese just now for breakfast....Have a happy day everyone...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Lady - glad to see you are exercising. KUTGW

I am working from home today. The boss gave us the option since temps are below zero with really below zero windchills.

I am teaching my 10 yr old son to play Cribbage and he is doing really well on picking it up. We already played a game today and one last night after not playing for a few months.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....or whatever

Dr. Sam-when are you coming to Phoenix? Be sure and let us know and maybe you, Mary and myself can get together.

Vicki-I've never played cribbage before. You'll have to teach me next time we get together

Take care everyone!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good morning.....or whatever

Dr. Sam-when are you coming to Phoenix? Be sure and let us know and maybe you, Mary and myself can get together.

I actually canceled all of my Arizona interviews this morning! Sorry! I just don't think the programs were that great.... but I'm going to be visiting a friend in Phoenix sometime in the next few months, and would love to meet! Will let you both know exact timing
Old 01-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

I'm doing great. Down 5+ pounds since 1/1, and that's with TOM and drinking and lifting weights, so I'll take it!

Worked out 5 days this week... I'm becoming a tad obsessed, but that's a good thing, right?

I'm about 3 pounds above siggy-- a little more. Ok, almost 4 pounds above. I'm going to change my stats on 1/12, whatever they may be. But if it's above 179, I may just cry! What a waste of 2 months!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gibby...that is a great ideal...Sam come to visit us one day...Gibby and I will meet sometimes then you can come on later...
Having a great day so far...ofcourse it is Friday and now off...went by the library to pick up some new audio books to listen to while walking on the threadmill....sorry dreadmill..lol..It really made the time go fast and walked alot longer...so will try again. I love power walking outside more but I will do that too ...My feet are doing so good now...so I will keep moving...

Sam...what kind of Dr...are you planning to be... If you said it I missed it ..sorry...

Well sitting here waiting on DH to get home...Supper to make and I dont know what to make but I willllll.....be back later.....
Old 01-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everybody

I just have a minute because my DH is coming home (he has been overseas for 2 weeks)

I've had a couple of really hungry days. I HATE THAT. I grazed a bit on Thurs. but didn't go crazy with calories or carbs. Yesterday I was totally on plan although I do have a few chew marks on my arms

It was tough yesterday but having a definite plan helped. It didn't take away the urges to graze/munch BUT it did make it much easier to JUST SAY NO. I'm determined today to also follow a plan of eating with structured meals. I make myself wait at least 4 hours in between meals.

Is anyone else struggling with urges to munch/graze? Any tips or suggestions to beat this are appreciated I drink herbal tea when I want to munch but I like it with sweetner. I'm wondering if this might be making my cravings worse. I might just try to drink lots of water instead. The only problem with that is that I end up waking up during the night for a restroom run.

SAM- congrats on the weight loss and working out

VICKI- I've never played cribbage. Thanks for mentioning it. I'll google to get info.

LORRIE I haven't seen you post. Are you still here? Hope you're doing well

LADY, GIBBY, LINDA
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,
Sam, I, too, am a couple of pounds above my stats but I'll update with you on 1/12. Let's get back there, OK? And get obsessed with the exercise, yes! It's better than being obsessed with the food.
Liz, my munchie twin, I'm still grazing but plan to stop today. It's a subtle way to think I am doing OK with my food because it's on plan food but the weight starts creeping up because it's wayyyy too many calories.
Gibby, congrats on the 4 lb. loss. KUTGW.
Vicki, cribbage? my gosh I haven't played that in years.
Lady, great job on the exercise. Audio books are great.
Lorie, how's the temp in Vegas? What a gorgeous avi!!

Well, it's freezing here in Florida, literally. I've actually had ice on my windshield this week. I am enjoying my fireplace though and haven't used it in years.

Again, let me say that if I'm MIA for a while it won't be cecause I'm not thinking of you. I'm starting the P90X program (google P90X if you want to see it) and I'm telling you that when it says it is extreme they are not kidding. It is not for sissys. I attempted to do the core synergistics DVD yesterday and it is one bad a$$ workout. I couldn't even do some of the moves, unbelieveable. P90X motto is do your best and forget the rest and keep pushing play. So, that's what I'll do. The routines are 90 min. 6 days a week. I just pray I can stick with it. I'm going to give it my best.

Have a great day guys.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Go for it Linda You can do it....WOW...freezing in Florida...hard to even thing that....have only been there once to Disney World...and it sure wasn't snowing...but it did rain in the afternoon...funny little showers and back out to the fun for the day lol..

Well I have been working out cleaning and rearranging stuff my laundry room...lol...I cleaned and redid all the shelves and the closet in there and back and forth to the recycle bin...then I have cleaned out the icebox as we call it ...lol..and made sure it is clean and full of good things for no temptations for DH or me....he is doing good too...he has just cut down on his eating and eats the meals I fix and no more snacking so I am proud of him...We both are feeling better....I have to say I am not into all the hard exercises ...sorry Linda...but I do want to make walking and swimming everyday ....ofcourse only walking right now but summer will be here...I love water exercises and power walking...I just want to be faithful to it each day....I work alot of scrapbooking, cross stitching and reading so that is good for my mind but not the rest of my body....So I will have to balance out things more...and I plan tooooooo ..I want to plan things when we travel to walk more and not always eat so much...at so many little cute shops with the cute candies and samples... As Dr. Phil once said ....Everything we do is planned with food...I cant think now how said it but that was the meaning and it is true......We go to the movies we want to snack...we go to the sports ...we want to snack...We go to a concert we want a drink...DRINK...not water....We have friends over for a nice evening and we have food..Our holidays are full of food...So we need the food because we will always do this but I want to be wiser and have good food or no food and just plan more activities...that every one will enjoy.....Wow...do I write alot or what ..LOL...Mary

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 01-09-2010 at 09:58 AM..
Old 01-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Go for it Linda...we can do

....I have to say I am not into all the hard exercises ...sorry Linda...but I do want to make walking and swimming everyday ....ofcourse only walking right now but summer will be here...I love water exercises and power walking...I just want to be faithful to it each day....I so alot of scrapbooking, cross stitching and reading so that is that is good for my mind but not the rest of my body....So I will have balance out things more...and I plan tooooooo ..I want to plan things when we travel to walk more and not always eat so much...at so many little cute shops with the cute candies and samples... As Dr. Phil once said ....Everything we do is planned with food...I cant think now how said it but that was the meaning and it is true......We go to the movies we want to snack...we go to the sports ...we want to snack...We go to a concert we want a drink...DRINK...not water....We have friends over for a nice evening and we have food..Our holidays are full of foof...So we need the food because we will always do this but I want to be wiser and have good food or no food and just plan more activities...that every one will enjoy.....Wow...do I write alot or what ..LOL...Mary
Hey, don't be sorry. Heavy exercise may not be for me either. I'm glad to see that you are walking and swimming. Although swimming is a great cardiovascular exercise, it doesn't help bone density and at our age we need to think of that. Walking and any other weight bearing exerciswe along with weight training is great for helping bone density. Doing both is a great combo. KUTGW.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda, is that 90 minutes a day 6 days a week??? Holy macaroni!!
Closed Thread