Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #1771
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Best wishes Julia!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #1772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaS View Post
Hi Everyone. checking in

I have a final interview today for a job. There are two candidates left in this process (myself and someone else) and this is interview #3. This one is four hours long and I will meet with 3-4 people in the company, so I am looking forward to getting to meet a lot of possible coworkers. I am not 100% sure the role is a good match for me so hopefully I will have a good feeling one way or another after today.

I would appreciate some good wishes or prayers or something that the right answer comes out of today.......no matter what it is.

for your interview Julia!!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #1773
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
I'm here! Was out of town but now I'm back...my diet kinda went oot too one day ....but back on track the last 3 days! Water consumption is ...but I'm doing the best I can!
Hey Jennifer--how's it going?

Cle, Kim
lexiann
Lisa, Sunny, Lorrie
Melody
Starr, Phylissa
Marlette
Fonda
Diane
Jennifer, Joanne
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #1774
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2aCutie View Post
Just checking in and letting my partner know I am on track. I have just been super busy lately. No cake for me yesterday! Yeah! I will be back later to catch up more. Lovin this water challenge!
for the no cake....WTG!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #1775
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
back, Joanne!
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #1776
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Cle 11/39
Joanne 19/58
Jenger 13/43
lexiann 10/26
Terry 7/27
Lisa 14/52
Rachel 13/41
Fonda 7/24
godsbeloved79 6/6
Chantyl 15/44
Starr 10/28
Marlette 16/37
Sunny 19/57
Phylissa 15/36
Kim (Kocobear) 10/18
JuliaS 12/32
Diane 1/14
Jamie 3/16
Lorrie..Hmmmm.

Forgive me ladies..trying to catch up from last week..But I am confused about what number goes before the / and what number goes after the / .. (I think I have 'Sometimers'..at least thats what everyone at my house says..lol)

Here are my Stats..I am going to ad them to my siggy for future reference.
Wk 1 .. Op 7 Ex 3 = 10
Wk 2 .. OP 5 Ex 5 = 10
Wk 3 .. OP 6 Ex 6 Bonus cruches 2 = 14

Total 34??

Other than that..things are going well...Have been on plan and am down to 191..For the First time..Yipppeee! It has been raining quite a bit here in Las Vegas so I have been doing my work out videos with no walks. I have to admit that I enjoyed walking first Then doing the video.. Walking gets me warmed up and I feel more flexible. Hope that the weather turns around soon so I can get back out there.

Wanted to give a shout out to my COLA sister's ..Hope all is well with you. I hope to have some free time later to read the last few pages of posts so I can catch up on how the two of you and everyone else has been doing.
week1 including load days ..167.1
week2 ............................163.8
week3.............................
162.8..162.3..today 160.5
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #1777
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
I am here and I am on plan. I am dropping by to say do not boot me! My children are sick right now....pretty sick.....breathing treatments....antibiotics....they are 2 and 5 so they are not happy campers (not that anyone is happy to be sick) but they are wanting mommy alot so I will not be posting as much. But I am here and on plan
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #1778
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCfan03
WOE: Atkins or just low carb in general
Start Date: June 2003
I'm back and I think it went well!!! I am tired of talking though.

Funny story - I am sitting in my interview and I am wearing brand new slacks and kind of a black tank top also brand new. Over the tank top I am wearing a wool blend blazer that I used to wear for work a few years ago (kind of a bolero jacket.) I haven't worn this jacket for about 3 years, but it still had the dry cleaner tag on it today so I knew it was clean when I took it out of the closet. Since I was wearing a tank top (shell) I decided to put on two kinds of antiperspirant "just in case." As I am sitting in my interview - I start to smell something that I am pretty sure is.......body oderish smelling......OH MY GOD IS THAT COMING FROM ME?????? I realize that even though my jacket was fresh from the cleaners, it must have had some sort of BO smell in the armpits and now as I'm sitting in this interview - I can smell it. I am DYING. I don't know what to do. At one point, they leave me alone in the conf room and I whip out a mini perfume in my purse and "roll, roll, roll" thinking excessive perfume is better than BO any day!! I can't believe my beautiful little bolero jacket stinks like this! What happened?

I think I'm more upset about the jacket than the job.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #1779
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WannaBAStar
Stats: 220/207.5/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:

Funny story - I am sitting in my interview and I am wearing brand new slacks and kind of a black tank top also brand new. Over the tank top I am wearing a wool blend blazer that I used to wear for work a few years ago (kind of a bolero jacket.) I haven't worn this jacket for about 3 years, but it still had the dry cleaner tag on it today so I knew it was clean when I took it out of the closet. Since I was wearing a tank top (shell) I decided to put on two kinds of antiperspirant "just in case." As I am sitting in my interview - I start to smell something that I am pretty sure is.......body oderish smelling......OH MY GOD IS THAT COMING FROM ME?????? I realize that even though my jacket was fresh from the cleaners, it must have had some sort of BO smell in the armpits and now as I'm sitting in this interview - I can smell it. I am DYING. I don't know what to do. At one point, they leave me alone in the conf room and I whip out a mini perfume in my purse and "roll, roll, roll" thinking excessive perfume is better than BO any day!! I can't believe my beautiful little bolero jacket stinks like this! What happened?

OMG, I'm sorry this happened to you during an interview. If you can machine wash the jacket, wash it in your normal detergent and add ammonia to the wash water. My guy works construction and all his clothes stink to high hell, but the ammonia pulls that smell right out. HTH
WannaBAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #1780
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Quote:

Ahhhh! I can just imagine what you were thinking when you started to get a whiff of the jacket! It's a good thing you had the perfume. Probably no one else even noticed it. If you decide to take this job you will always have fond memories of interview #3
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #1781
I'm his Princess

Quote:
I am here and I am on plan. I am dropping by to say do not boot me! My children are sick right now....pretty sick.....breathing treatments....antibiotics....they are 2 and 5 so they are not happy campers (not that anyone is happy to be sick) but they are wanting mommy alot so I will not be posting as much. But I am here and on plan
Hope your kids get better soon!

Quote:

lol poor you! That's crazy I can only imagine
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #1782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 234/225/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
Julia that has to make the situation memorable at the least.

Well everyone my whole house has a stomach virus. So I have been more than on plan. I have had tea and splenda today. I am too scared that eating anything else will send me straight to the bathroom. This is all started with my 17 month daughter on MOnday. Now she is fine and my hubby and six year old and I are miserable. I have not had the energy at all to workout even though I was super hyped to do the last chance workout again. Oh yeah and let me add that my body feels like I have the flu thanks to Jillian, plus TOM this is just a yucky feeling day. I hope at least that this day of tea begets a loss on the scale soon. I might take off from work tomorrow but I am not sure. The nighttime always makes you feel worse so it is hard to gauge. Talk to you girlies soon.
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #1783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCfan03
WOE: Atkins or just low carb in general
Start Date: June 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post

Well everyone my whole house has a stomach virus. So I have been more than on plan. I have had tea and splenda today. I am too scared that eating anything else will send me straight to the bathroom. This is all started with my 17 month daughter on MOnday. Now she is fine and my hubby and six year old and I are miserable. I have not had the energy at all to workout even though I was super hyped to do the last chance workout again. Oh yeah and let me add that my body feels like I have the flu thanks to Jillian, plus TOM this is just a yucky feeling day. I hope at least that this day of tea begets a loss on the scale soon. I might take off from work tomorrow but I am not sure. The nighttime always makes you feel worse so it is hard to gauge. Talk to you girlies soon.
I'm sorry you are all so sick! Feel Better soon!!!!
LCfan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #1784
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Julia!!! i was praying for you girl. What a funny (albeit annoying) situation! I'm SURE you're the only one who smelled it, but thank God for your perfume! I hope the job is everything you want it to be!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #1785
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i'm treating myself to ribs the next couple of days...i found 5 bottles of the KC masterpiece classic blend bbq sauce (that they've apparently discontinued) at Big Lots.

So i have my ribs (spare ribs) in the crockpot and my house smells like HEAVEN...heaven i tell you.

I tried the 1MM today with hazelnut flour (for a cornbread muffin taste) and OMG

I'm going to make one in the morning to take with lunch: ribs, collard greens, 1MCM! yum!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #1786
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post

Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #1787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Good evening everyone.
I feel like I'm missing so much not being able to pop in more often. Should have the computer back in a couple of days.
I went out this evening and had a chicken caesar salad. I treated myself to a small glass of red wine too. It's a month since I started back on low carb. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage. I'm still under 20 for the day, even with the wine, so it fits into my plan.
Sorry to hear of the sickies out there - I hate being sick.
I'm going to head to bed now - have a great tomorrow if I can't get here
Rachel
Week 1 - 12 Points 150lb
Week 2 - 16
Week 3 - 13
Week 4 - 17
Week 5 - 13/71
Stats: Hi 175/Dec 28 - 155/ Mexico 135
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:12 AM   #1788
I'm his Princess

Hey everyone!!! Hope all is well...we're wrapping up week 4!! What's up!?!??! Hope everyone is heading in a positive direction! Keep your heads up!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #1789
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 30, 2009
FYI we have an enemy stalking us and it's name is the HIDDEN CARB!
I must seek him out and destroy him before he destroys me. He is sneaky and caniving, BEWARE.
Seriously, I must not be aware of the hidden carbs because I am very careful about what I put in my mouth, if it's not counted it's not going in. The scale is not moving and I'm on a war path. If I have to eat meat and cheese for a month to find out where they hide then I will.
Anyone else having this problem?
would appreciate any info. or insight.
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #1790
Major LCF Poster!

Julia - sorry about the bolero jacket!!! Thank God for perfume!!

Happyone81 - Sorry your whole house is sick! Been there! You'll be back in no time!!

jpprobst- My scale stalls every 10 pounds! I've been at 249/248 for a week, UGH!!!! I'm M/Eing next week if there's no change!!

Tyl - GIRL, I LUV ME SOME RIBS!!! OH YEAH!!!! I didn't know KC Masterpiece had a lc sauce!! What's the name of it?

Outside of that, I'm on plan!! Truly!!! All I had yesterday was a taco salad and 2 half smokes on the George Forman. It was good and very fulfilling! Although, I did have a lc chocolate milk with Lactaid milk last night and maybe that's why I'm stalled today. All I know is that I'm about to break out a new box of bran flakes to flush it all out for sho!!! I'll let y'all know how it goes!!

Cle and Jenger, I am so proud of everyone for sticking to plan... Let's keep on going!! WE GOT THIS!! Ya heard?!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 AM   #1791
Big Yapper!!!!

Good am ladies

Kim~ The sauce Chantyl was talking about was KC Masterpiece and labeled as 'low calorie' but LC friendly. I LOVED it and used it all the time. I can't find it in my grocery anymore I am gonna check my Big Lots now though
Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #1792
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
OMG! We are in a winter storm warning......this sucks....we had one at this same time last year---knocked out power for 5 days for us up to 30 for some in the country......I am freaking out! My children are still sick. I am still on plan......If this storm is as bad as they are saying I could certainly be without electric/internet for several days---internet took weeks to get back last year. So if you all do not hear from me....at least you know why
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #1793
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OMG! We are in a winter storm warning......this sucks....we had one at this same time last year---knocked out power for 5 days for us up to 30 for some in the country......I am freaking out! My children are still sick. I am still on plan......If this storm is as bad as they are saying I could certainly be without electric/internet for several days---internet took weeks to get back last year. So if you all do not hear from me....at least you know why
Oh my so many of our LCF have nasty snow/ice headed their way...prayers going up for you all!
Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #1794
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lisa!!

Mommy2acutie, I'm that your power won't go off and that all will be well with you and your family!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #1795
I'm his Princess

Ok sooooooo I just wanted to say...that like many of you the scale isn't moving...but I'm pressing on...I have a NSV (non scale victory) I am officially wearing smaller panties!!! Woooooooot!!! Size smaller and they're not like half way up either!!! Go me!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #1796
Big Yapper!!!!

Woohoo for the teeny bikinis, Cle!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #1797
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Ok sooooooo I just wanted to say...that like many of you the scale isn't moving...but I'm pressing on...I have a NSV (non scale victory) I am officially wearing smaller panties!!! Woooooooot!!! Size smaller and they're not like half way up either!!! Go me!

TOO FUNY!!!!! Yay Cle!!!! That IS a good feeling!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #1798
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Woohoo for the teeny bikinis, Cle!!!!
lol I wouldn't say teeny lol....but it's getting smaller!!! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
TOO FUNY!!!!! Yay Cle!!!! That IS a good feeling!
Girl I was so excited this morning!!! Happy that I forced myself out of bed for that jog!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #1799
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
lol I wouldn't say teeny lol....but it's getting smaller!!! Thanks!

Girl I was so excited this morning!!! Happy that I forced myself out of bed for that jog!

I know that's right!! Keep it up girlie!!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #1800
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
I know that's right!! Keep it up girlie!!
Thanks! I'm gonna treat myself to something....not sure what yet!!?!? Ummm Kim....can I get some books?!? ok thanks! lol let me know if I need to do paypal

send me a text...I'm going to target lol

Last edited by Dedicated; 01-28-2010 at 01:30 PM..