Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #1681
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
For the peeps who are on ww....have you ever tried polenta?!? ?Everyone on the ww boards rants and raves about it...it keeps you filled etc. I found it at a health food store....but maybe I didn't make it right...but it was ok....just curious if any of you have had experiences with it.
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #1682
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
I went ice skating today and had to take a nap because i was exhausted. I skated for an hour which was fun.I hate how there was so many people though it messes up the ice quickly.

10 points ( i think) and i have been trying to drink more water i am having problems in the potty so i am trying to drink more water for that. My tummy hurts.
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #1683
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
For the peeps who are on ww....have you ever tried polenta?!? ?Everyone on the ww boards rants and raves about it...it keeps you filled etc. I found it at a health food store....but maybe I didn't make it right...but it was ok....just curious if any of you have had experiences with it.
I've never had polenta. I've always imagined it to be similar to grits (you can tell I'm a southern girl) Is that what it's like? If so, I'd probably really like it.
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:40 PM   #1684
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
I have had polenta before when i had it was sprinkled with parmesean cheese and this other time it was sprinkled with sugar sub & cinnamin.
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #1685
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armystolehim04 View Post
I have had polenta before when i had it was sprinkled with parmesean cheese and this other time it was sprinkled with sugar sub & cinnamin.
ummmm, sounds yummy.
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #1686
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny1
Stats: 240/214/145
WOE: LC and Medifast
Start Date: November 2009
I love polenta! I use it in place of pasta oftentimes. Try not to overcook it bc if you do, it loses its flavor.

Cle, what side dishes did you make with it. Sometimes, it depends what flavors you have going along with it, which will either bring out its flavor or stifle it all together.
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #1687
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny1
Stats: 240/214/145
WOE: LC and Medifast
Start Date: November 2009
Challengers and Curve-O-Liscious Cuties have a great week!
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #1688
I'm his Princess

I don't like grits at all....it does have that consistency....I bought the ready made sun dried tomato flavor...I just sauteed it in a pan and added some tuna. I tasted it alone and didnt care for it...with the tuna it wasnt bad. It did keep me full....I'll try later in the week to replace it as pasta
Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #1689
I'm his Princess

It has the same grits consistency..dont like grits....I tried it alone it was ok, with tuna it was ok..filling...I'll try it later this week as a pasta sub
Old 01-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #1690
I'm his Princess

It has the consistency of grits and I'm not a fan. Tried it alone and it was ok...tried it with tuna it was ok...filling so that was a plus...I'll try the pasta sub...since I still have the bulk left
Old 01-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #1691
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 30, 2009
Cle 11/39
Joanne 19/58
Jenger 13/43
lexiann 10/26
Terry 7/27
Lisa 14/52
Rachel 13/41
Fonda 7/24
godsbeloved79 6/6
Chantyl 15/44
Starr 10/28
Marlette 16/37
Sunny 19/57
Phylissa 15/36
Kim (Kocobear) 10/18
JuliaS 12/32
Diane 1/14
Jamie 3/16

Diane,
good luck with WW. I'm back on a strict induction to see if it was me who introduced to many "hidden" carbs or I need something different. I found out that my splenda intake was way too high. Between two cups of coffee I was having 8 carbs! yikes... who knew granular splenda had so many carbs. I'm going to buy some liquid splenda this week. Apparently no carbs. But to report in the scale now only says 202.3 so I'm almost back down to my lowest a couple of weeks ago. I feel like the cat on the screen door, my claws are dug in and I'm ready for a giant swing! Have a great Monday and will talk to you tomorrow Let me know how WW went. You can do it!!!
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:54 AM   #1692
I'm his Princess

Sorry for posting so many times!!! I was on my phone and I thought it deleted my posts...didn't realized it posted 3 times...my bad!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:38 AM   #1693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JengerSnaps
Stats: 230/172/160
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: October 2009
Had some yummy Hamburger Rotel last night. Did my JM workout this morn and sweating like a fat girl! Another 66 oz yesterday.
JengerSnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #1694
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Challengers and Curve-O-Liscious Cuties have a great week!
Good morning, Sunny!!! I'm getting ready to have a shake for breakfast and get my exercise out of the way...
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #1695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Okay, all I can say is that I had THE MOST DELICIOUS MEAL LAST NIGHT!!! Pot roast with cream of mushroom for the gravy with green beans and boiled/chopped cauliflower as my rice for my gravy...Mmmmmmm Mmmmmm Good!! I'll post a pic later this evening.

Outside of that, I'm down to 249.6! Woohoo1! FINALLY!!! THANK YOU DADDY!!!

I've been working my arm bands, but haven't done any cardio because I've been running all weekend between cleaning the house and packing orders for my new 200 customers!!!! I'm swamped!!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:33 AM   #1696
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
Okay, all I can say is that I had THE MOST DELICIOUS MEAL LAST NIGHT!!! Pot roast with cream of mushroom for the gravy with green beans and boiled/chopped cauliflower as my rice for my gravy...Mmmmmmm Mmmmmm Good!! I'll post a pic later this evening.

I've been working my arm bands, but haven't done any cardio because I've been running all weekend between cleaning the house and packing orders for my new 200 customers!!!! I'm swamped!!
AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see that pic
Old 01-25-2010, 06:40 AM   #1697
I'm his Princess

Quote:

for sweet rolls?
Old 01-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #1698
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
for sweet rolls?
Avon..lol
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #1699
I'm his Princess

Quote:

!!
Kim wanted me to post the pic of the food for her!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kimfood.jpg (11.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #1700
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Avon..lol
Ohhh I forgot!! I'm like that is a lot of rolls....lol
Old 01-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #1701
Blabbermouth!!!

MMM that meal looks delish....is it lunchtime yet? LOL Already got my JM30DS done and one bottle of water down. I have hamburg thawing, maybe I'll make some more of the Rotel casserole...it's so yummy & filling
Old 01-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #1702
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: principessa54
Stats: R1D3; 213/202/180
WOE: hhcg my way
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Cle, I grew up on polenta (being Italian). It is cornmeal and you cook it like porridge or grits. Slowly with chicken broth or water or sometimes even cream. You can eat it straight from the pot but my mama used to pour it into a casserole dish and let it cool all day and then we would slice it up and fry it in a pan with olive oil or put it in the oven broiler to make it crispy then serve it with tomatoe sauce, melted cheese or sometimes chicken. It is one of my favourite things. It is my favourite meal ever.

Well gang. I think I am going to bow out of the challenge. Only because I have no computer at home now. The power cord frayed and the battery is dead. I would have to order a new one from dell and its like $60 so right now its not in the budget. I also have a heck of a time trying to read the forums and post from my blackberry. It makes me insane. So the only computer time I have is at the office. So although I won't be in the challenge I will still lurk and occasionally post while at the office. This is also sucks because I just joined WW online and now I can't access it at home. So I will have to cancel that as well. Nothing went right this weekend with my tech equipment.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #1703
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
Just checking in and letting my partner know I am on track. I have just been super busy lately. No cake for me yesterday! Yeah! I will be back later to catch up more. Lovin this water challenge!
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #1704
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
hey ya'll! just checkin in and still going strong except that i hurt myself and have been out... starting egg and meat only will do it 3-4 days per week for the next month or two, we'll see how that goes!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #1705
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa54 View Post
Cle, I grew up on polenta (being Italian). It is cornmeal and you cook it like porridge or grits. Slowly with chicken broth or water or sometimes even cream. You can eat it straight from the pot but my mama used to pour it into a casserole dish and let it cool all day and then we would slice it up and fry it in a pan with olive oil or put it in the oven broiler to make it crispy then serve it with tomatoe sauce, melted cheese or sometimes chicken. It is one of my favourite things. It is my favourite meal ever.

Well gang. I think I am going to bow out of the challenge. Only because I have no computer at home now. The power cord frayed and the battery is dead. I would have to order a new one from dell and its like $60 so right now its not in the budget. I also have a heck of a time trying to read the forums and post from my blackberry. It makes me insane. So the only computer time I have is at the office. So although I won't be in the challenge I will still lurk and occasionally post while at the office. This is also sucks because I just joined WW online and now I can't access it at home. So I will have to cancel that as well. Nothing went right this weekend with my tech equipment.
All the polenta recipes I see have it as a hearty sub. for almost everything....I love cornmeal...sweetened lol...I'm going to try different ways of making it.

Sorry to see you go! Hope the comp stuff works out for you!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #1706
I'm his Princess

Time to REGROUP!!!!
We need an active list of participants....there are a couple of people who haven't posted in a while. Some peeps can't find their partners...etc. Please when you do post....post your name next to your partner!
So I'm here I'd post Cle...then when Jenger comes she'd post her name next to mine. Got it?!?

Cle
Old 01-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #1707
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Time to REGROUP!!!!
We need an active list of participants....there are a couple of people who haven't posted in a while. Some peeps can't find their partners...etc. Please when you do post....post your name next to your partner!
So I'm here I'd post Cle...then when Jenger comes she'd post her name next to mine. Got it?!?

Cle
lexiann
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #1708
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Melodybinoc
Stats: 186/182/155 5'5" with no shoes
WOE: Low Carbing Breastfeeder (40-60 carbs a day)
Start Date: 10/22/09
Hey all! Happy Week Four!

What's your name? My name is Melody...but, you can call me Mel.

Where are you from? I live in Southern California...really close to Disneyland. I was born and raised here. Ive never seen snow fall...visit the snow now and then, but its usually fake snow. I have family all over and I tease them that I dont really believe that snow falls from the sky.

Do you like to exercise? Yes. Before I got pregnant with my second son (he is 6 months old now) I was a personal trainer. A few months before he was born the doctor took away my exercise privleges because my last baby was big. Then after the baby I wasnt allowed to exercise for a month in a half. It really got me out of the habit. And this kid (I mean my sweet little boy) is NOT tolerant of me working out. LOL But thats too bad. I have commited to the 30DS. Im on D3L1. I havent done it yet today and Im really hurting for the first time in a long time. Im breastfeeding...so no Advil. I dont really like to take anything while nursing. Im gonna try and do it as soon as I get back from the post office. My calves are SCREAMin'. I did get myself a jogger stroller and he is great in there. So I will be attempting 30 days of the 30DS in a row with a walk/jog M-F.

Is this your first time losing or your 59th? Ive loved fiddling with my diet since I was 12. So closer to my 59th. But not really "losing". Just working on getting leaner or just seeing how more of this and less of that make me feel.

What's your goal for this 8 week challenge? Shrink my butt. Shrink my gut.

What are you going to do to ensure you reach this goal!?!? My diet cant get too stringent. I am not good on knowing what the maintenance phase means when I havent first lost. So, no sugar, no fried, no bread and no salt. Im going to workout, drink 8 glasses of water a day and get in 5 fruits/veggies. And a multi.

Anything else you'd like to add....Im excited!

Im going to go hunt down the other survey...

Wife & Mommy of 2

My LCF Journal...please come and comment!

Each decision that we make defines what we believe we are worth...
Melodybinoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #1709
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Kim wanted me to post the pic of the food for her!

Thanks Cle!!!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #1710
I'm his Princess

Melody!

NP Kim!