Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #1561
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Good Morning Ladies!!

Popping in to say hello, and wish you all a FABULOUS Day!!
Hey girlie!!! Right back at ya!! Even though it is evening for me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
Okay, I hate vitamins but have been taking the gummi vitamins with Omega 3's, multivitamin, and B12's. Now, I just found the sugar free version!! I'm ordering them and will let you all know how they taste!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR VITAMINS LADIES!!!! ESPECIALLY, WHEN DIETING!
Word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Soooo now that's we're about to start our 4th week, what are you going to improve or do better?
Withstand longer runs! lol

Quote:
We (anyone interested) may have to create a weight watchers/cal counting support group lol...share some recipes!
I am!! Need some ideas and willing to share mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JengerSnaps View Post
So, no exercise today as it is my rest day. on plan, though.
WTG, for staying on plan and knowing when to rest!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #1562

ANYBODY TIRED OF CRUNCHES YET?!?!?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #1563
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Next week I will add exercise in the mornings. Whatever happens in the evening like core class etc still goes, but I will at least hit the tm in the morning before work.

I so can't do weight watchers. Unless I'm hard core low carb I get terrible cravings. The last two days there's been a giant bin of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and I while I wanted one (because they're there) I didn't have any problem passing. That's the beauty of low carb for me.

I have lots of friends who have been successful on WW. The trick is to find out what works for you.

uhoh, someone here - dogs barking. bbl
Week 1 - 12 Points 150lb
Week 2 - 16
Week 3 - 13
Week 4 - 17
Week 5 - 13/71
Stats: Hi 175/Dec 28 - 155/ Mexico 135
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #1564
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
sooooo over it!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #1565

Quote:
sooooo over it!
OK!! lol!! Whose idea was this anyway?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrareserve View Post
Next week I will add exercise in the mornings. Whatever happens in the evening like core class etc still goes, but I will at least hit the tm in the morning before work.

I so can't do weight watchers. Unless I'm hard core low carb I get terrible cravings. The last two days there's been a giant bin of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and I while I wanted one (because they're there) I didn't have any problem passing. That's the beauty of low carb for me.

I have lots of friends who have been successful on WW. The trick is to find out what works for you.

uhoh, someone here - dogs barking. bbl
That is the key....finding what works for you!

I like working out in the mornings....so many things can happen as the day goes one. If I get my workout in early its done and I don't have to worry about it.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #1567
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCfan03
WOE: Atkins or just low carb in general
Start Date: June 2003
Hey everyone - checking in! I have eaten on plan every day this week and exercised nearly every day. I have only done the crunches on one day though. owwwww.
LCfan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #1568
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Quote:
That is the key....finding what works for you!

I like working out in the mornings....so many things can happen as the day goes one. If I get my workout in early its done and I don't have to worry about it.

I've always preferred working out in the morning, but the last couple of years I haven't slept much, and it seems I get my best sleep right when I'm supposed to be getting up!
I just have to SUADI I guess!!
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #1569
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Hey guys!

How is everyone doing? Had a good day today! I will be getting my teefers out friday but i am slowly getting used to it. I decided i want to go ice skating when i feel good enough. I haven't gone in so long and i have always wanted to learn how to skate backwards. No exercise today but definately will tomorrow.I won't be working out Fri-Sunday just to make sure i give myself enough time to heal.
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #1570
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armystolehim04 View Post
It sucks doesn't it? I just moved but i found a new osteopath and they seem to be the best at it. I just seem to be getting worse. I'd rather be hypo than hyper any day though! Did you have a thyriodectomy?
No, I would say that Hashi's probably has taken pretty much care of the thyroidectomy for me. You're right - it's better to be hypo than hyper because it's easier to treat. I have a naturopathic doctor and we're having to transition me to Cytomel because Armour isn't available anymore. Recently my doctor had to cut back on my meds. I had developed an arrythmia from too much T3.

Quote:
Soooo now that's we're about to start our 4th week, what are you going to improve or do better?
I need to step up the exercise, but I've been feeling under the weather this week. In fact, I had a migraine today.
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #1571

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaS View Post
Hey everyone - checking in! I have eaten on plan every day this week and exercised nearly every day. I have only done the crunches on one day though. owwwww.
Hey Partner!!! You are doing good. Crunches are a pain...literally! I think we are doing superb in this challenge!!

Have a good day tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrareserve View Post
I've always preferred working out in the morning, but the last couple of years I haven't slept much, and it seems I get my best sleep right when I'm supposed to be getting up!
I just have to SUADI I guess!!
I know what you mean...as soon as the sleeps starts to get good to you the alarm goes off! lol

SUADI is our motto! lol
Old 01-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #1572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post
Ok so I guess you have figured that when I don't post I have messed up. Well yesterday started off well. I was happy that I had run everyday during the long weekend. I was doing strength and a extra cardio kickboxing daily. I was doing so well and then I got on the scale Tuesday morning and had not lost a flipping thing. But that was ok, maybe it was the muscle gain or something. So then I go to work to weigh for biggest loser at work and that flippping scales says that I have only lost 6 pounds. But I still sid that was ok because I had one clothes, had eaten breakfast and had 24 ounces of water already. We had a fieldtrip where lunch was catered. They gave everyone a boxed lunch with a turkey sandwich, kettle chips, cupcakes and water. So I ate only the turkey from the sandwich. But as I sat there I got so tempted by the cupcake that I ate it and then the kettle chips. So the day was blown right? I decided maybe I should shock my body by having a high carb day. So I ate nuggets and fries from Wendy's, chang's spicy shrimp without rice from Pf Changs, a corn dog and grape juice. Needless to say today I was up six pounds. So here I am doing the meat eggs diet to make up for my crazy day. I am hoping that my failure can deter others from rebelling. I'm back. And I know that I am good to be on plan for a while after that binge.
Let's do it together.

What I want to do better is not get on the scale everyday or at least not let me react so violently to what is says.
Welcome back ! I was thinking about you! I was missing your posts. Sounds like that was a heck of a ride...Had one myself last week (STILL havent lost the quick carb weight I gained. ) I cheer you for catching yourself and getting back on plan.

(You were rocking with all your excersize..I'm green with envey.. Kickboxing? My goodness..I would pass out!)

THINK...Meat, eggs, cheese...Meat, eggs, cheese..If its not LC it has no business in our mouths ..right? right! (I tell myself that all day long..lol)

Have a great day..Be strong! I'll be rooting for ya!
week1 including load days ..167.1
week2 ............................163.8
week3.............................
162.8..162.3..today 160.5

Last edited by Lorrie200; 01-21-2010 at 12:52 AM..
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #1573
I'm his Princess

Here's the link!

Calorie Counters!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:36 AM   #1574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
Good Morning!

Just an FYI....there is a thread for calorie counters:

Counting Calories/Portion Control

Still on plan, 200 crunches & 4 miles completed today!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #1575
Committed to Succeed

Dang, my head still hurts today. I'm not getting any exercise points this week. I haven't been full-on stay at home sick this week, but I'm not well either. It has kept me from working out, which I hate, but I'm not a machine.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #1576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
Made it through yesterday! Yeah!
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #1577
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JengerSnaps
Stats: 230/172/160
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: October 2009
So, getting my exercise in early, ran with my boyfriend this morning for 4 miles and i could for once keep up with him!!!
JengerSnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:01 AM   #1578
Committed to Succeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2aCutie View Post
Made it through yesterday! Yeah!
Do you have some L-Glutamine to get you through the cravings until ketosis hits? That stuff really helps me a lot.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #1579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WannaBAStar
Stats: 220/207.5/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
Ok, what is queso asadero? I know queso is cheese....
You are correct, asadero is a mexican frying cheese. Slice it about an 1/6 of an inch thick and fry it is a pan in a little oil. It holds it shape and doesn't run when heated like the "tradational" cheeses we normally eat
WannaBAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #1580
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
I was wondering when you ladies will be accepting newbies? I am not new to weight loss, but I need a new challenge and acountability. My dad was killed in a car accident in Sept. and I've put on a few pounds which I need to get off ASAP!

Thanks,

Farmgirl
My condolences. I'm sorry for you loss.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #1581
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
just checkin in but sad today, i sprained a muscle in my neck and now i cant work out tonight, was going to go to kickboxing too, im totally bummed, better get better asap! It was part sleeping on the couch sunday kinked my neck up and other part jillians shred levels 2 and 3 back to back last night.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #1582
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post
Ok so I guess you have figured that when I don't post I have messed up. Well yesterday started off well. I was happy that I had run everyday during the long weekend. I was doing strength and a extra cardio kickboxing daily. I was doing so well and then I got on the scale Tuesday morning and had not lost a flipping thing. But that was ok, maybe it was the muscle gain or something. So then I go to work to weigh for biggest loser at work and that flipping scales says that I have only lost 6 pounds. But I still sid that was ok because I had one clothes, had eaten breakfast and had 24 ounces of water already. We had a field trip where lunch was catered. They gave everyone a boxed lunch with a turkey sandwich, kettle chips, cupcakes and water. So I ate only the turkey from the sandwich. But as I sat there I got so tempted by the cupcake that I ate it and then the kettle chips. So the day was blown right? I decided maybe I should shock my body by having a high carb day. So I ate nuggets and fries from Wendy's, chang's spicy shrimp without rice from Pf Changs, a corn dog and grape juice. Needless to say today I was up six pounds. So here I am doing the meat eggs diet to make up for my crazy day. I am hoping that my failure can deter others from rebelling. I'm back. And I know that I am good to be on plan for a while after that binge.
Let's do it together.

What I want to do better is not get on the scale everyday or at least not let me react so violently to what is says.
As one recovering scale-o-holic to another I say to you:
STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!!! It is NOT your friend. Weighing multiple times a day, weighing on more than one scale, and for some weighing daily is sure recipe for disaster if you are the type who's day/diet is totally ruined if the scale doesn't reflect your efforts. I know the despondent feeling when you have deprived yourself of all the high carb foods you love, and the scale stagnates or even worse your weight fluctuates up. I also know how we rationalize, "well I'm not losing I may as well eat what I want", " I messed my eating up today so I may as well eat what I want today and start again tomorrow" (BTW, tomorrow for me ends up weeks and months later) or "I've been doing so well on plan I deserve a treat (ie: a high carb mean)". I've used all the above, I'm sure I'm not alone. I had to decide I wasn't going to allow the scale to be my sabateur, dictating the death of my diet. You have to decide the same for yourself.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #1583
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: principessa54
Stats: R1D3; 213/202/180
WOE: hhcg my way
Start Date: August 2010
Heya ladies. I am glad I am not the only one who jumped on the WW bandwagon. If anyone needs to know anything just let me know because I have an online membership. I am happier (so far) doing it this way. I can eat what I want and not feel guilty. If I want to eat meat all day I can and just count the points or if I want that dang popcorn I can. Well that's my story.

As for the exercise this week. Ugh. I have been not doing it. Not one day. I have been in a bummer mood. Fighting with the man so instead of working it out at the gym I have been sitting at home knitting and wanting to poke his eyes out with my needles.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #1584
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa54 View Post
Heya ladies. I am glad I am not the only one who jumped on the WW bandwagon. If anyone needs to know anything just let me know because I have an online membership. I am happier (so far) doing it this way. I can eat what I want and not feel guilty. If I want to eat meat all day I can and just count the points or if I want that dang popcorn I can. Well that's my story.

As for the exercise this week. Ugh. I have been not doing it. Not one day. I have been in a bummer mood. Fighting with the man so instead of working it out at the gym I have been sitting at home knitting and wanting to poke his eyes out with my needles.
LOL I think we all feel like this sometimes! Get back to exercise, girl
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #1585
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
just checkin in but sad today, i sprained a muscle in my neck and now i cant work out tonight, was going to go to kickboxing too, im totally bummed, better get better asap! It was part sleeping on the couch sunday kinked my neck up and other part jillians shred levels 2 and 3 back to back last night.
That is some serious pain! I am nursing a calf injury due to all those miles walked/jogged last week! I never thought I'd miss my cardio WOs but I DO!! Hope you get better quickly!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #1586
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ummm...YES!!! Maybe we could have a non-exercise challenge next...PLEASE!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #1587
Blabbermouth!!!

Eating on plan...crunches last night and 3 miles this am despite my injured leg...more crunches later...last chance for bonus points today ladies!!! BBL...

*limps to fridge to get a protein shake*
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #1588
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
Oops....according to myplate, I was over on calories yesterday! -1 point for me--sorry partner Maybe it should be only 1/2 a point? My carbs were OK.
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #1589
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBAStar View Post
As one recovering scale-o-holic to another I say to you:
STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!!!! It is NOT your friend. Weighing multiple times a day, weighing on more than one scale, and for some weighing daily is sure recipe for disaster if you are the type who's day/diet is totally ruined if the scale doesn't reflect your efforts. I know the despondent feeling when you have deprived yourself of all the high carb foods you love, and the scale stagnates or even worse your weight fluctuates up. I also know how we rationalize, "well I'm not losing I may as well eat what I want", " I messed my eating up today so I may as well eat what I want today and start again tomorrow" (BTW, tomorrow for me ends up weeks and months later) or "I've been doing so well on plan I deserve a treat (ie: a high carb mean)". I've used all the above, I'm sure I'm not alone. I had to decide I wasn't going to allow the scale to be my sabateur, dictating the death of my diet. You have to decide the same for yourself.
Good points!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #1590
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
We are going to work this out! I am back on plan. I do lowcarb---What plan are you doing? We are going to make it.....I am SCARED TO DEATH to get on that scale tomorrow.....I know it will be up......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Oops....according to myplate, I was over on calories yesterday! -1 point for me--sorry partner Maybe it should be only 1/2 a point? My carbs were OK.
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote