Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #1531
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armystolehim04 View Post
Worked out today and feel fine. So exhausted though i am guessing my thyroid is almost dead (i have hashimotos). I have a doctors appt Feb 6th so i guess we will see what happens.
I know how you feel. I've had Hashi's for over 25 years, and mine doesn't put out much anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
I was wondering when you ladies will be accepting newbies? I am not new to weight loss, but I need a new challenge and acountability. My dad was killed in a car accident in Sept. and I've put on a few pounds which I need to get off ASAP!

Thanks,

Farmgirl

Hi Marie!
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #1532
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmgirl View Post
I was wondering when you ladies will be accepting newbies? I am not new to weight loss, but I need a new challenge and acountability. My dad was killed in a car accident in Sept. and I've put on a few pounds which I need to get off ASAP!

Thanks,

Farmgirl

I'm so sorry for your loss!!! We welcome ya!!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #1533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Good Morning CTC Chx!

I've walked 4 miles this a.m. and did 150 crunches. The scales reads 142.8 so only 12.8# to goal...ONLY...lol....seems more like a million!

Yoohoo JENNIFER?....Haven't seen you post here for awhile....let me know how you are doing ok? Do you need a or a ?!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hope everyone has a great HUMP DAY!

Girl I have fell off and I fell hard! I have not been able to get back on track. Today has started welll.....God give me the stregnth to get back on!
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #1534
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2aCutie View Post
Girl I have fell off and I fell hard! I have not been able to get back on track. Today has started welll.....God give me the stregnth to get back on!

Birthday cake does that to me too! Woo woo woo ... it'll be alright... YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:23 AM   #1535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsmom View Post
I know how you feel. I've had Hashi's for over 25 years, and mine doesn't put out much anymore.
It sucks doesn't it? I just moved but i found a new osteopath and they seem to be the best at it. I just seem to be getting worse. I'd rather be hypo than hyper any day though! Did you have a thyriodectomy?
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #1536
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Good Morning Ladies!!

Popping in to say hello, and wish you all a FABULOUS Day!!
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #1537
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, I hate vitamins but have been taking the gummi vitamins with Omega 3's, multivitamin, and B12's. Now, I just found the sugar free version!! I'm ordering them and will let you all know how they taste!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO TAKE YOUR VITAMINS LADIES!!!! ESPECIALLY, WHEN DIETING!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #1538
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: principessa54
Stats: R1D3; 213/202/180
WOE: hhcg my way
Start Date: August 2010
Hiya Rachel! Yes I am taking advantage of the intermittent nice weather. I get out to walk at lunch every day.

So gang I am switching it up for eating. Yes again. I joined WW online to keep track of points to help me focus. I need the variety and not feel like a food is either "good" or "bad". I will try and stay as close to the core foods or momentum as they call it now.

Everyone is doing great.

Hugs to farmgirl. I am sorry to hear of your loss.
principessa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #1539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
Birthday cake does that to me too! Woo woo woo ... it'll be alright... YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Thanks so much! Today has been on plan....breakfast and lunch done......now stay out of the kitchen~!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #1540
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
[QUOTE=Mommy2aCutie;13022206]Thanks so much! Today has been on plan....breakfast and lunch done......now stay out of the kitchen~! [/QUOTE .....YOU CAN DO IT! ONE DAY AT A TIME - ONE MEAL AT A TIME! GET BACK ON THE WAGON AND KEEP ON ROLLING! Ok that's enough nagging...lol
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #1541
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa54 View Post
Hiya Rachel! Yes I am taking advantage of the intermittent nice weather. I get out to walk at lunch every day.

So gang I am switching it up for eating. Yes again. I joined WW online to keep track of points to help me focus. I need the variety and not feel like a food is either "good" or "bad". I will try and stay as close to the core foods or momentum as they call it now.

Everyone is doing great.

Hugs to farmgirl. I am sorry to hear of your loss.
Angela!!!! This may be my story yet again....we'll see!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #1542
I'm his Princess

Soooo now that's we're about to start our 4th week, what are you going to improve or do better?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #1543
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Soooo now that's we're about to start our 4th week, what are you going to improve or do better?
EXERCISE MORE!!!
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #1544
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Lorrie, you're doing fabulous! You will see 189.9, even if I have to come over your house and shake your scale!

I'm so proud of you, Lisa! You're movin' and groovin', girl! Nothing can stop you now...you're almost to GOAL, and Lorrie and I will be cheering you on to the finish line!

Let's hear it for the COLC sistas!
You just might have to come over and shake my scale..yell at it or something!..cause she is just not being nice to me! Still 193 today. I dont know what the heck is going on
Perhaphs I am eating to many calories during the day..low carb but high in calories. I heard that calories dont matter..but I cant help but feel bad and Fatter when I am eating a double Bacon-a-tor from Wendys for lunch. But I am going to be as stubborn as my scale and Stick to eating LC and Grooving..something Has to give soon!

Yesterdays meals...

Double bacon-a-tor (Wendys)
15 baked chicken wings dipped in ranch and Redhot
Pepperoni chips dipped in sour cream
Bacon and 2 scrambled eggs
water
1 diet 7-up
walk 1.5 miles

(I eat backwards..dont like eggs first thing in the day.)

Think that is too much fat? Could that be the problem? Getting frustrated!
week1 including load days ..167.1
week2 ............................163.8
week3.............................
162.8..162.3..today 160.5

Last edited by Lorrie200; 01-20-2010 at 02:59 PM..
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #1545
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Thanks Lorrie! I am on plan as well I did Firm Up Fast Walk this am and will try to get in some crunches tonight. Go team!!!
Oooh Crunches..you brave girl! What is Firm up Fast walk..a dvd? I am walking also..would like to put a lil extra into it before I get bored.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #1546
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Figure out WHY my ketosis strips dont like me!

On a more serious tip..EXCERSIZE MORE! and try to like it!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #1547
I'm his Princess

Quote:
I want to improve my running!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #1548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Hello All! Hope everybody had a great Wednesday.

Welcome Farmgirl

Quote:
I know EXACTLY how you feel. Glad to hear that you had a good day staying on plan today.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrie200 View Post
You just might have to come over and shake my scale..yell at it or something!..cause she is just not being nice to me! Still 193 today. I dont know what the heck is going on
Perhaphs I am eating to many calories during the day..low carb but high in calories. I heard that calories dont matter..but I cant help but feel bad and Fatter when I am eating a double Bacon-a-tor from Wendys for lunch. But I am going to be as stubborn as my scale and Stick to eating LC and Grooving..something Has to give soon!
I am going to improve by revamping my eating plan. Lorrie, I'm proud of you for sticking with LC through this hard time. I am going to switch to WW for now because I need more flexibility in order to stay on plan. I am stalled and having cravings and that's not a good combination. I bought a new food diary so I can keep close watch on my points. I am looking forward to breaking this stall. Part B of my plan is to keep going to the gym and working out at home.

Jamie and Lora--How's it going? Let me know how you're doing.

Last edited by locarbdiva; 01-20-2010 at 05:25 PM..
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #1549
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 234/225/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
Ok so I guess you have figured that when I don't post I have messed up. Well yesterday started off well. I was happy that I had run everyday during the long weekend. I was doing strength and a extra cardio kickboxing daily. I was doing so well and then I got on the scale Tuesday morning and had not lost a flipping thing. But that was ok, maybe it was the muscle gain or something. So then I go to work to weigh for biggest loser at work and that flippping scales says that I have only lost 6 pounds. But I still sid that was ok because I had one clothes, had eaten breakfast and had 24 ounces of water already. We had a fieldtrip where lunch was catered. They gave everyone a boxed lunch with a turkey sandwich, kettle chips, cupcakes and water. So I ate only the turkey from the sandwich. But as I sat there I got so tempted by the cupcake that I ate it and then the kettle chips. So the day was blown right? I decided maybe I should shock my body by having a high carb day. So I ate nuggets and fries from Wendy's, chang's spicy shrimp without rice from Pf Changs, a corn dog and grape juice. Needless to say today I was up six pounds. So here I am doing the meat eggs diet to make up for my crazy day. I am hoping that my failure can deter others from rebelling. I'm back. And I know that I am good to be on plan for a while after that binge.
Quote:
Let's do it together.

What I want to do better is not get on the scale everyday or at least not let me react so violently to what is says.
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #1550
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SweetPoison2
Stats: 246/232/180
WOE: DASH Diet & HHCG
Start Date: June 09

Can I hide in here? Chantyl is lookin for me.
SweetPoison2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #1551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/145.8/135 (5'5', 61 yy)
WOE: 800 cals.
Start Date: 12/11/14
Quote:
Stay 100% on plan! Continue to exercise AND doing the 200 crunches per day even if I don't get bonus points...because I think my gut is getting flatter!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #1552
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JengerSnaps
Stats: 230/172/160
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: October 2009
So, no exercise today as it is my rest day. on plan, though.
JengerSnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #1553
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post
Ok so I guess you have figured that when I don't post I have messed up. Well yesterday started off well. I was happy that I had run everyday during the long weekend. I was doing strength and a extra cardio kickboxing daily. I was doing so well and then I got on the scale Tuesday morning and had not lost a flipping thing. But that was ok, maybe it was the muscle gain or something. So then I go to work to weigh for biggest loser at work and that flippping scales says that I have only lost 6 pounds. But I still sid that was ok because I had one clothes, had eaten breakfast and had 24 ounces of water already. We had a fieldtrip where lunch was catered. They gave everyone a boxed lunch with a turkey sandwich, kettle chips, cupcakes and water. So I ate only the turkey from the sandwich. But as I sat there I got so tempted by the cupcake that I ate it and then the kettle chips. So the day was blown right? I decided maybe I should shock my body by having a high carb day. So I ate nuggets and fries from Wendy's, chang's spicy shrimp without rice from Pf Changs, a corn dog and grape juice. Needless to say today I was up six pounds. So here I am doing the meat eggs diet to make up for my crazy day. I am hoping that my failure can deter others from rebelling. I'm back. And I know that I am good to be on plan for a while after that binge.
Let's do it together.

What I want to do better is not get on the scale everyday or at least not let me react so violently to what is says.
Yep we can do this together! I have been on plan today......Staying strong.....Lets report back daily!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #1554
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
Start Date: December 30, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbdiva View Post
Hello All! Hope everybody had a great Wednesday.

Welcome Farmgirl

I know EXACTLY how you feel. Glad to hear that you had a good day staying on plan today.

I am going to improve by revamping my eating plan. Lorrie, I'm proud of you for sticking with LC through this hard time. I am going to switch to WW for now because I need more flexibility in order to stay on plan. I am stalled and having cravings and that's not a good combination. I bought a new food diary so I can keep close watch on my points. I am looking forward to breaking this stall. Part B of my plan is to keep going to the gym and working out at home.

Jamie and Lora--How's it going? Let me know how you're doing.
Hi Diane and Lora!
It's funny you should mention WW because I had been thinking about it too. MY scale hasn't moved in the right direction! I've actuall gained 3 pounds, don't know if it's that time of the month but I swear as I'm typing this I have not waivered off the plan at all. I just don't understand. I too think that the fat content must be getting in my way, don't know. hmmm...
I told myself to go back to more of an induction and I will give it 2 more weeks to see if that fat ole scale can move if not its off to WW land where I know the meals aren't as scrumptous but I did lose weight on it this time last year. 35 pounds to be exact. I just thought LC would be a no brainer and I wouldn't have to count points, you know? Grrrr it's been one of those weeks! We had teacher inservice along with exams creeping right around the corner, I feel like just (well you understand.... LOL...) Talk to you all tomorrow and good luck. Diane let me know how the WW is going for you and what kinds of foods you eat. What plan within WW are you following? Curious my buddy
Talk soon,
Jamie
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #1555
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny1
Stats: 240/214/145
WOE: LC and Medifast
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:

Yesterdays meals...

Double bacon-a-tor (Wendys)
15 baked chicken wings dipped in ranch and Redhot
Pepperoni chips dipped in sour cream
Bacon and 2 scrambled eggs
water
1 diet 7-up
walk 1.5 miles

(I eat backwards..dont like eggs first thing in the day.)

Think that is too much fat? Could that be the problem? Getting frustrated!
I LOVE THE EATING BACKWARDS THING...that's hilarious, Lorrie! Maybe I'll try that one day.

Move scale...I'm sending the scale positive energy...

Quote:
Oooh Crunches..you brave girl! What is Firm up Fast walk..a dvd? I am walking also..would like to put a lil extra into it before I get bored.

I started incorporating more crunches, too...but honey, I can barely stand up straight because my stomach muscles are screaming out in pain...maybe I'll cut my crunches in half...I wish my stomach muscles would hurt so bad that calories wouldn't be able to register...Lol!

Hi, Lisa! How's your day been, gf?
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #1556
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2getmoving View Post

Cle - I know you did/do WW in the past, did you incorporate LC in it? What made you switch to LC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
A

Fonda...I feel you girl. I just can't get motivated to stay on LC anymore...time to move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa54 View Post

We (anyone interested) may have to create a weight watchers/cal counting support group lol...share some recipes!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #1557
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprobst View Post
Hi Diane and Lora!
It's funny you should mention WW because I had been thinking about it too. MY scale hasn't moved in the right direction! I've actuall gained 3 pounds, don't know if it's that time of the month but I swear as I'm typing this I have not waivered off the plan at all. I just don't understand. I too think that the fat content must be getting in my way, don't know. hmmm...
I told myself to go back to more of an induction and I will give it 2 more weeks to see if that fat ole scale can move if not its off to WW land where I know the meals aren't as scrumptous but I did lose weight on it this time last year. 35 pounds to be exact. I just thought LC would be a no brainer and I wouldn't have to count points, you know? Grrrr it's been one of those weeks! We had teacher inservice along with exams creeping right around the corner, I feel like just (well you understand.... LOL...) Talk to you all tomorrow and good luck. Diane let me know how the WW is going for you and what kinds of foods you eat. What plan within WW are you following? Curious my buddy
Talk soon,
Jamie
I'm sure my WW stuff is old and outdated since they have a new program now but it worked for me before so I'm going to pull it out again. It was the FLEX Plan. I see that we are not the only ones in a battle with the scales this week. I'm going to keep with LC through our weigh-in on Friday to see how I do. Then I'll make a final decision about my food plan for the second half of the challenge. Hang in there and I'll talk to you tomorrow
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #1558
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny1
Stats: 240/214/145
WOE: LC and Medifast
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
We (anyone interested) may have to create a weight watchers/cal counting support group lol...share some recipes!
Sounds like a great group to create...I'm always interested in new recipes with low points.
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #1559
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Sounds like a great group to create...I'm always interested in new recipes with low points.
Cool Any title suggestions?!?!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #1560
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPoison2 View Post

Can I hide in here? Chantyl is lookin for me.
you can NOT hide from me Marie!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote