Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #1321
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Good Morning CTC Chicks!

Been OP and exercising like a demon, but weight refuses to budge!....yet I am determined to beat the battle of the bulge!

Jennifer! How ya doing girlfriend? Just wanted to let you know my goal is to hit 45 miles of walking/biking this week!....got 36 done so far....I'm going to make it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #1322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Morning all my CTC amigas!! I'm ELATED to say that I'm down 5 POUNDS since Monday, Woohoo!!!!! I've been on plan, YAY!! I even walked in my building at work yesterday AND I did the long ab workout on Core Rhythms last night. I am soooo sore!!!! I did my arm bands last night w/ arm curls, high punches across the body, and arm lifts over my head with the bands, so all my rolls hurt right now . For dinner last night I had a cheeseburger with tomato and miracle whip (can't do without it) and fried cabbage with red onions...YUM!!!! The onions made the cabbage taste like fried potatoes and onions. I'm definitely doing that again. Plus, I just finished my bran flakes for the day and I'm so happy, happy, happy!!! WE'RE DOING IT LADIES!!! Prayerfully, I won't be too sore to do my sports hoop today, although I'm thinking I may be.

Cle, thanks for the recipes (LOVE the baked broccoli-tato thingy )

Mommy2acutie, congrats on your 20 minutes on the ellip! I've been where you were and it wasn't cool, but you PUNISHED it!! Keep it up!!

As for my team members, we are sticking to it and I am so proud of you all!!!! You had a rest day yesterday Jenger, what are your plans for today? And Cle you are doing the thang girl!!!! Keep it up!!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #1323
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Just finished watching BL...oooh that busted nose was terrible...but I'm glad Jillian convinced her to fight and she lost 10 pounds!!!

I did my 5 mile Fat Burning Walk this am and 2 mile Walk Strong with strength exercises this evening, so that was 7 miles today...WOOT! Still eating on plan...looking forward to weigh in on Friday

(((Layla))) How you doin, gf? Check in when you can
Busted nose? Someone got a busted nose on BL?
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #1324
Committed to Succeed

I gotta say, I'm jealous of you girls who are getting the scale to move. You wanna come have a talk with mine?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #1325
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Thanks for the Marlette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Good Morning CTC Chicks!

Been OP and exercising like a demon, but weight refuses to budge!....yet I am determined to beat the battle of the bulge!

Jennifer! How ya doing girlfriend? Just wanted to let you know my goal is to hit 45 miles of walking/biking this week!....got 36 done so far....I'm going to make it!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Wow...you are really rockin Joanne! 9 miles today??? I thought my 7 miles yesterday was HARD LOL KUTGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocobear View Post
Morning all my CTC amigas!! I'm ELATED to say that I'm down 5 POUNDS since Monday, Woohoo!!!!! I've been on plan, YAY!! I even walked in my building at work yesterday AND I did the long ab workout on Core Rhythms last night.
WTG!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsmom View Post
Busted nose? Someone got a busted nose on BL?
Yeah, Maria fell cuz she was scared to do the challenge(fear of water). She also had a bruised cheek and fractured finger

Last edited by scrappychik; 01-14-2010 at 08:15 AM..
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #1326
Committed to Succeed

Quote:
Yeah, Maria fell cuz she was scared to do the challenge(fear of water). She also had a bruised cheek and fractured finger
Geez Louise, did she get all those injuries on the show?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #1327
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SweetPoison2
Stats: 246/232/180
WOE: DASH Diet & HHCG
Start Date: June 09
Quote:
I gotta say, I'm jealous of you girls who are getting the scale to move. You wanna come have a talk with mine?
aww...! I ran one mile yesterday but taking today off. Have a great day everyone!!

Three day weekend coming up!!
SweetPoison2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #1328
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Quote:
Geez Louise, did she get all those injuries on the show?
Yes, just from that one fall!!! She tripped over equipment and fell face first into a metal stand I think. It was awful to watch. They took her away by ambulance and her team ended up losing the challenge and getting a 2 pound disadvantage at WI. BUT she lost 10 pounds and they didn't fall below the yellow line Jillian had a lil "talk" with her about facing her fears LOL
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #1329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Quote:

Wow...you are really rockin Joanne! 9 miles today??? I thought my 7 miles yesterday was HARD LOL KUTGW

WTG!!!!!
Thanks Lisa! Actually, I got the days mixed up that we were counting points for - Friday - Thursday and forgot to add last Friday's total in....so I'm at 42 now - 3 more to go! I feel better now!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #1330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JengerSnaps
Stats: 230/172/160
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: October 2009
TOM is here dammit. Did my 3.12 miles this morning and thats all the exercise im doing today.
JengerSnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #1331
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JengerSnaps View Post
TOM is here dammit. Did my 3.12 miles this morning and thats all the exercise im doing today.

At least you did that much and that's not a little bit. Good job!!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #1332
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
hey peeps!!!

sounds like people are still pressing on!!! Good to hear!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #1333
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.8/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
I'm here! checking in! NO problem eating on plan, worked out fri,sat,mon,tue and going tonight to kbx, will do bootcamp tomorrow am, assuming im not to tired from kbx tonight
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #1334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 234/225/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
Ok then

Yes! Today I finally saw the scale move. No it wasn't the four pounds I wished for yesterday. It was 1.4. But guess what I will take it. My hubby is off for is bday today and tomorrow. Tonight we are going to see sesame Street Live with the kids and tomorrow it should be a wild night. Bottom line is that I don't think I am going to be able to get the exercise in that I want to get in. But I got a decent amount in yesterday. Thank you all for the motivation to keep keeping on. I can't weight (lol) until I hit that fifteen pound mark gone. It would be nice to hit it tomorrow. 15 pounds in two weeks would be awesome. I'm at 12 now. I did that one of the many times I started the diet. We get free drink, hot dog and popcorn or something. I plan on eating before I go because the show doesn't start until 7, which is my cut off time for eating period. But anyway, I wanted to say I am so happy to be apart of this group. You girls are funny, determine and inspiration. Thank you for all that you do. On the other hand I still don't have a partner.lol
Phylissa
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #1335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WannaBAStar
Stats: 220/207.5/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Everyday
Hello all. I had a lot of catching up to do, we had a fire in the bldg telephone room. No phone, bell, or internet service for two days! You ladies had a lot to say. Just checking in I have been on plan seven days, this week AND I've worked out four days. Happyone81, you can partner with Kimmie and I, I'm sure she doesn't mind.
WannaBAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #1336
Major LCF Poster!

Y'all I'm soooo sore!!!!! My back, my legs, my tummy, and my arms!! But, it's a good feeling!! Yay!!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #1337
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
pants on the ground...pants on the ground...looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!!!

Have a great night ladies... I love that feeling where my pants are so baggy that they fall off and i have to go to the store and buy a smaller size. LOL
I finally saw a clip of this....whoooooaaaa!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #1338
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post
On the other hand I still don't have a partner.lol
Phylissa
I don't remember off the top of my head who your partner is...did you pm them and still no response?

Quote:
Y'all I'm soooo sore!!!!! My back, my legs, my tummy, and my arms!! But, it's a good feeling!! Yay!!
Go you!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #1339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
We need more recipes....num num....Just went back and printed what was given...can't wait to try them
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #1340
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2aCutie View Post
We need more recipes....num num....Just went back and printed what was given...can't wait to try them
Go to the websites posted there are more
Old 01-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #1341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WannaBAStar
Stats: 220/207.5/150
Start Date: Everyday
I am soooo hungry today. I don't usually care too much about calories, I usually average about 2500. I was logging my food intake, as of 2:30 I am already at 2200 and ready to eat more! At this rate I'll be at 3000 or greater by the end of the day.
WannaBAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #1342
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBAStar View Post
I am soooo hungry today. I don't usually care too much about calories, I usually average about 2500. I was logging my food intake, as of 2:30 I am already at 2200 and ready to eat more! At this rate I'll be at 3000 or greater by the end of the day.

That usually happens to me when I first kick into Ketosis. It passes after a week or so.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #1343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: principessa54
Stats: R1D3; 213/202/180
WOE: hhcg my way
Start Date: August 2010
Here and checking in. I have to admit I have been off plan since last nights dinner of sushi. Today I have only eaten one of my meals and its already 1 p.m. here. I am supposed to have eaten three meals by now. I am just not hungry.
principessa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #1344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny1
Stats: 240/214/145
WOE: LC and Medifast
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2aCutie View Post
remember when......I told you all about not even being able to make it through the 5 minutes on the elliptical....I gave myself a goal....of each time I got on it I was going to increase by 1 minute.....well the first day 3mins....second time 4.....third time 5.....well then I haven't gotten on it in day because I have been mixing up JM 30 day shred and Bob's weight loss yoga....decided I was going to ride 7 minutes if it killed me I was going to do it........well guess what.....I RODE IT 20 FULL MINUTES!!!!! AND I AM ALIVE.....AND I ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT....SERIOUSLY....

Way to go!!!
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #1345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny1
Stats: 240/214/145
WOE: LC and Medifast
Start Date: November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrie200 View Post
Well....it started out good for me yesterday..ended horribly..and then the nightmare continued..! Woke up yesterday and since TOM was gone..I got on the scale for the reveal..I was excited cause I hadent weighted myself in 4days...click, click, click....192.4...I did the happy dance all over the house!! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y I saw a lose. I had been stuck on 195 Forever.

But then IT happened..

For the first time since I started LC eating I broke down. Dont ask me what I was thinking. I started off with a LC breakfast..then For Some Reason..I stuck my hand in a box of Total Raisan Bran and ate it dry right out of my hand..THEN I did it again...Another handfull..As I took my last swollow a little voice inside my head said..WHAT ARE YOU DOING?.( maybe it was Sunny..my COLC sister) I picked up the box and looked at the carb content...40 CARBS For 1 CUP !!! OMG!! Are You Kidding Me!! What had I done!! This was horrible...I felt sick. That was 2 days worth in 2 handfulls..and I was still hungry!

Things got worse..(I know!) I went out on the town with a gentelmen last night and started out telling myself that I was going to order Rum and Diet coke..But did that happen?? NOPE..before I knew it I had a glass of white wine in my hand ..then another..then one more.. I was out of control. We then went out for a bite to eat.. I did a little better..I ordered BBQ ribs with no fries. But with the day I had, I had NO business having BBQ sauce..thats for sure!

Needless to say I had a hangover today..

And it keeps rolling..(I told you it was bad!)

Today my gentlemen friend had to leave town for a few weeks...he says to me..'lets go to Olive Garden with the kids before you take me to the airport' I FROZE. No Way was I stepping foot one that property. I tried to be proactive and take control of my situation. So I said 'Dinner sound nice but how about we go to Outback because there is not much I can eat at Olive Garden' He was supportive and said 'sure no problem'. Well, my son is autistic and only eats about 20 things..one being, breadstick and spaghetti at Olive Garden..he doesnt like meat much..thats were things got complicated..If we went to Outback he would have anything to eat. So needless to say.. I put my feet on property and my fingers on a breadstick..and salad..then tulapia (parmasan/crusted) (no pasta which Was on my plate)

Whats worse is I didnt work out yesterday OR today!

So with 2 days off plan I feel very defeated..What sucks is that I Finally saw 192 for the First time in ages! I dont even want to step on the scale today..!I'm scared

Op 4
Ex 4

Lorrie, don't beat yourself up. We all have days like you described...where we tried to steer ourselves in one direction, only to find ourselves in another...I have to give you props for being honest with yourself, recognizing what happened, and now you are back on the right path.

Don't stress! You're a COLC, and we bounce back after bad days. Don't worry about the scale right now. Just get back to doing what you do best, "EATING RIGHT and MOVING." We can do this! Remember, we're in this together, and I won't let you fail...ever...and I'm sure you won't let me fail either!

So, come on COLC sista, and let's fight another day of fat.

Hugs,
Sunny, your COLC
GW - 145
- I'll get here!
1st Mini Goal - Get to 230 - Achieved
2nd Mini Goal - Get to 220 - Achieved.
3rd Mini Goal - Get to 210 -
4th Mini Goal - Get to Onederland -
Just SUADI!: Team Curve-O-Liscious Cuties! My partners are Lorrie and Lisa!:
4 X 2/14 , Firecr. Chall., Shakes & Meal & Biggest Loser Chall., CD Summer.
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #1346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Quote:
Morning all my CTC amigas!! I'm ELATED to say that I'm down 5 POUNDS since Monday, Woohoo!!!!! I've been on plan, YAY!! I even walked in my building at work yesterday AND I did the long ab workout on Core Rhythms last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post
Yes! Today I finally saw the scale move.
Congratulations to both of you for staying strong. Phylissa I am so happy the scale moved for you. I am waiting until the morning to assess just what my bad behavior cost me this week. I know that it will eventually be ok because happily I can say that I am back on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprobst View Post
Hang in there ladies!!!!! From everything I've read (embarassed to say its been alot!) the scale may not move everyday or every other day. You'll go along 4 or 5 days with nothing and then wham! you're down 2-3 pounds. I keep telling myself, the slower it comes off the better chances its going to stay off!! I have to be real with myself quite often, I didn't put it on overnight or even a few months. This has been YEARS of accumulation and NEGLECTING myself. So, its ok if it comes off slow, all that matters is that you stay on the right road to good health. I BELIEVE we will all be rewarded if we keep doing the right thing! We have to, we've been taught that since kindergarden for pete's sake... LOL....

Diane HANG in there, don't give up. There are too MANY reasons not to. Believe me I "fight" with myself in my head about just saying, "what the heck, does it really matter?" but everytime I overcome that and do the right thing I feel so POWERFUL!! OMG, it's a RUSH!
This has let me "become" more powerful in other areas of my life. Which I had been seriously lacking oh, let's say the last 30 years!! It's now or never for me, time to throw the excuses out the window and get REAL. For me anyways, if I try just one bite realistically it won't put on a pound but for me it starts the cravings all over again for me. I must be highly sensitive to the sweets and the BAD carbs. My body must send out some strong cravings that I truly have to fight off. For me, its going into my room and going to sleep. Once I got over that craving with detoxing myself the first two weeks, I can say I don't have those anymore. I do however have the "I want something sweet right now because I'm stressed!" sensation. It's a fight but one hurdle at a time and if I always keep one foot in front of me heading in the right direction I will be O.K.
So, giddy up partner' we are on a ride together!

Keep it up Lora, we are going to kick some booty tomorrow with our points. Got my exercise in for the week. Yeah baby
Talk soon ladies.
Your carb free buddy
Jamie
Jamie--Every word you said is soooooooo true. I am not giving up the fight. I am totally back on plan today. I was late to work this morning but I stopped to make sure I started my day off with a low carb breakfast. I stayed on course for lunch and dinner and I am going to get a workout in this evening. No matter what the scale says in the morning it feels so good to know that I am back on track. I can't thank you enough for your support!

Lora----How are you doing today? I hope everything is going well.

And a BIG HELLO to all my other fellow CTC Challengers. Hope you had a great Thursday!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #1347
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
Start Date: December 30, 2009
Countin' Down!

210-209-208-207-206-205-204-203-202.8

First Goal: Below 200----almost there!

Second Goal: 190----a goal I can see myself at. Size 14 pants!

Third Goal: 180---- O.K. I don't remeber this but I'm ready to find out!

Everyone have a great night and we'll talk in the morning!
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #1348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprobst View Post
210-209-208-207-206-205-204-203-202.8

First Goal: Below 200----almost there!

Second Goal: 190----a goal I can see myself at. Size 14 pants!

Third Goal: 180---- O.K. I don't remeber this but I'm ready to find out!

Everyone have a great night and we'll talk in the morning!
I can't believe how close our numbers are. These are exactly my goals!
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #1349
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Hey CTC Peeps!

I just realized I hadn't checked in for the day!

I don't have much to report other than I am still on plan and exercising..I have to if I am going to run in this half marathon in May...That month seems so far away, but with my luck it will be here before I know it!

Congrats to all that are still OP and Still Sweating.

to all that fell off the wagon...you can always get back up again.
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #1350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCfan03
WOE: Atkins or just low carb in general
Start Date: June 2003
checking in myself. I ate on plan today and exercised. Had a job interview too which I think went really well.

So, pretty good day!
LCfan03 is offline   Reply With Quote