Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #1291
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2aCutie View Post
remember when......I told you all about not even being able to make it through the 5 minutes on the elliptical....I gave myself a goal....of each time I got on it I was going to increase by 1 minute.....well the first day 3mins....second time 4.....third time 5.....well then I haven't gotten on it in day because I have been mixing up JM 30 day shred and Bob's weight loss yoga....decided I was going to ride 7 minutes if it killed me I was going to do it........well guess what.....I RODE IT 20 FULL MINUTES!!!!! AND I AM ALIVE.....AND I ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT....SERIOUSLY....
Go you!!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #1292
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post
I feel great this morning. Right on plan yesterday, and I mean dead on plan, water and everything. I feel so much better this morning than I have in a week or so, so I'm off to take a walk. Yayyyyyyyy.......I can do it. I'm gonna do it! I can't wait til I weigh in on Monday.

Lucy
I wanted to say GO YOU!!!!!

Before I started to post all the food stuff!!!! yay!!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #1293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
Thanks Cle....you are such an awesome person....always here to push us on!
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #1294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/138.2/128 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: M/E (mostly)
Start Date: 4/1/14
Quote:
remember when......I told you all about not even being able to make it through the 5 minutes on the elliptical....I gave myself a goal....of each time I got on it I was going to increase by 1 minute.....well the first day 3mins....second time 4.....third time 5.....well then I haven't gotten on it in day because I have been mixing up JM 30 day shred and Bob's weight loss yoga....decided I was going to ride 7 minutes if it killed me I was going to do it........well guess what.....I RODE IT 20 FULL MINUTES!!!!! AND I AM ALIVE.....AND I ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT....SERIOUSLY....
Alright Pawdner!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #1295
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Thanks Cle....you are such an awesome person....always here to push us on!
I don't know about the awesomeness but I know what its like to conquer something you didn't think you could do!!!! So Keep it up!!! You're SAUDI-ing!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #1296
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: principessa54
Stats: R1D3; 213/202/180
WOE: hhcg my way
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Alright and way to go. We knew you could do it!!
principessa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #1297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/261.5/140 5'4" 43 yrs old
Quote:
Woohoo!! Way to go!!!
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #1298
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb_8 View Post
We are going to do a caribbean cruise so im so excited wow Rome you must post pics when you return and I will do the same we are going in June everyone ive talked that have been on a cruise had nothing but good things to say about them..ive always wanted to go on one..I had a chance to go some years back but i took my husband to see the titanic welp that ended that so im now with my current sweety and he is like yeah let's go!! my friends said "Im the only one that would take there husband to see the titanic after i convinced him to go on a cruise..oh well im divorced from him now and I called him and told him about me going on a cruise and he just laughed and said have fun...
Stacy, you are too funny, taking the ex to Titanic instead of a cruise. I've never been on a cruise and not sure I'd want to go on one because I have a fear of deep water but they sound like they are really fun!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #1299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Hello Ladies!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I made sure to get here today. It's not looking like I'm going to see a weight loss this week. This usually happens to be the second week of eating on plan and this is when I tend to get frustrated and go off plan. So far I've done just "ok". Ate off plan today but I am determined to climb back up in the saddle and get back on course tomorrow. I really need to push through if I am ever going to get to Onederland.

The food pics and recipes that you all posted look absolutely fabulous! I am definitely going to try these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprobst View Post
Hi all!
Stayed on plan yesterday but fell short with my water intake? Does the crystal light packets when mixed with water count for your water or does it mess it up with the stuff that it has in it? Curious-- love the crystal light grape! Also, can someone give me ideas for side dishes? My brain is tired as well as my tummy of eating green beans.....

Diane- I'm sorry to hear about your mom and aunt. That must be difficult to have to deal with on a daily basis. Kudos for you for taking the stand and caring for them. I only hope my kids would do the same for me! My daughters are 12 (13) in March and I have an 8 year old. My oldest is quiet, shy and reserved. Now my youngest is a different story! My WILD child. Loves to be in the mix of things, doesn't matter if she even knows the people. She doesn't know a stranger!

I've been thinking..... I get tired of trying to think what to make for dinner. If you want we can exchange ideas, two brains has to be better than 1

I'm going to try the chocolate shake tonight when I get home. Now granted I'd rather have the real thing from Dairy Queen but thank God for me they are all closed in the winter! Woo hoo, small steps...

Take care and stay tough! GRR..... I'm going to have to perfect my GAME FACE!

Bye for now
Jamie

*workin the body today when i get off work**
Hi Partner Jamie, Sorry you didn't hear from me yesterday but I'm back. Have you tried sending a PM yet? I'm wondering if you have access since you didn't get the one I sent you before. Also have you tried Linda's Low Carb recipes?

How is everything going for you? I am so proud of how well you are doing. You are truly my inspiration right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lora View Post
- you have a PM.

Off to find my other partner, seriously sucking as a partner this week - sorry. :blush:
Hi Lora, So happy to hear from you. I just sent you a PM. You are NOT sucking as a partner. I was so glad to see your PM, sorry I didn't get it until today. Hang in there!

Well I'm off to check email. I will probably be back a little later.

Take care Everybody!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #1300
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
BTW, did anyone see that lady bust her nose open last night on BL?
Ok..I just watched it....
Old 01-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #1301
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Quote:
You rock, and I mean that!
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #1302
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I don't know about the awesomeness but I know what its like to conquer something you didn't think you could do!!!! So Keep it up!!! You're SAUDI-ing!!!
LOL....

Quote:
Ok..I just watched it....
And?!?!

Hey everyone! I took the day off from working out. I was really tired for some reason...its cool though. I have to rest sometime right? I may not get another rest day in this week.

My food is on point. I am loving the Eat Clean diet. Lots of new foods and flavors in my life right now!! I am happy it was brought to my attention!

Julia...how ya hanging?
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #1303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BBWDALLAS
Stats: Tight/Loose/Fabulous!!!
WOE: Low Carb All The Way Baby!!!!
Start Date: 05/19/14
Hello ladies,
Just a quick checkin i will be back in a few gotta get report from dayshift...
Stacy
BBWDALLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #1304
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Just finished watching BL...oooh that busted nose was terrible...but I'm glad Jillian convinced her to fight and she lost 10 pounds!!!

I did my 5 mile Fat Burning Walk this am and 2 mile Walk Strong with strength exercises this evening, so that was 7 miles today...WOOT! Still eating on plan...looking forward to weigh in on Friday

(((Layla))) How you doin, gf? Check in when you can
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #1305
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
LOL....

And?!?!
I couldn't stop laughing....horrible I know...she worked herself up in a tizzy...she could've kept on
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #1306
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
pants on the ground...pants on the ground...looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!!!

Have a great night ladies... I love that feeling where my pants are so baggy that they fall off and i have to go to the store and buy a smaller size. LOL
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #1307
I'm his Princess

So you wrote a song?!?! lol
Old 01-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #1308
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
pants on the ground...pants on the ground...looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!!!

Have a great night ladies... I love that feeling where my pants are so baggy that they fall off and i have to go to the store and buy a smaller size. LOL
Girl Im at work LMAO he was wrong for that one!!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #1309
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Girl Im at work LMAO he was wrong for that one!!
Is that AI?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #1310

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:

Yes I was rollin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Just finished watching BL...oooh that busted nose was terrible...but I'm glad Jillian convinced her to fight and she lost 10 pounds!!!

I did my 5 mile Fat Burning Walk this am and 2 mile Walk Strong with strength exercises this evening, so that was 7 miles today...WOOT! Still eating on plan...looking forward to weigh in on Friday

(((Layla))) How you doin, gf? Check in when you can
Great job girl!!

Quote:
So you wrote a song?!?! lol
Girl no...it was on American Idol...dude was trippin!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #1311
I'm his Princess

Yeah my sis told me...ok...I'm off to bed....GN!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #1312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Nice to see you all rockin' the house tonight!!
Tonight I'm hungry!! Don't know why. I'm going to make some tea and read a bit. I figured I'd better post first before everyone went to bed! Except Stacy - she's a late nighter. Sucks to work nights though.

ok, bbl
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #1313
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It's simply:
1 head of fresh or frozen broccoli florets cooked in microwave then drained good
1/4 c. chopped green onions
2 C shredded cojack cheese
3/4 c. bacon bits or 1.5 c cubed ham
salt & pepper to taste
optional...2 tbls sour cream

I have made it with cauliflower, green beans and green cabbage too

Anyhow put cooked broccoli in oven safe dish
sprinkle onions over top. If using ham then add that here and mix with broccoli
sprinkle shredded cheese on top of that
then the bacon bits
bake 350 for 35-40 minutes till cheese browns

Kinda like a stuffed baked potato with no potato..

This sounds really good im going to try this...
Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #1314
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Is that AI?

sorry sis yeah it was...
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #1315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Well....it started out good for me yesterday..ended horribly..and then the nightmare continued..! Woke up yesterday and since TOM was gone..I got on the scale for the reveal..I was excited cause I hadent weighted myself in 4days...click, click, click....192.4...I did the happy dance all over the house!! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y I saw a lose. I had been stuck on 195 Forever.

But then IT happened..

For the first time since I started LC eating I broke down. Dont ask me what I was thinking. I started off with a LC breakfast..then For Some Reason..I stuck my hand in a box of Total Raisan Bran and ate it dry right out of my hand..THEN I did it again...Another handfull..As I took my last swollow a little voice inside my head said..WHAT ARE YOU DOING?.( maybe it was Sunny..my COLC sister) I picked up the box and looked at the carb content...40 CARBS For 1 CUP !!! OMG!! Are You Kidding Me!! What had I done!! This was horrible...I felt sick. That was 2 days worth in 2 handfulls..and I was still hungry!

Things got worse..(I know!) I went out on the town with a gentelmen last night and started out telling myself that I was going to order Rum and Diet coke..But did that happen?? NOPE..before I knew it I had a glass of white wine in my hand ..then another..then one more.. I was out of control. We then went out for a bite to eat.. I did a little better..I ordered BBQ ribs with no fries. But with the day I had, I had NO business having BBQ sauce..thats for sure!

Needless to say I had a hangover today..

And it keeps rolling..(I told you it was bad!)

Today my gentlemen friend had to leave town for a few weeks...he says to me..'lets go to Olive Garden with the kids before you take me to the airport' I FROZE. No Way was I stepping foot one that property. I tried to be proactive and take control of my situation. So I said 'Dinner sound nice but how about we go to Outback because there is not much I can eat at Olive Garden' He was supportive and said 'sure no problem'. Well, my son is autistic and only eats about 20 things..one being, breadstick and spaghetti at Olive Garden..he doesnt like meat much..thats were things got complicated..If we went to Outback he would have anything to eat. So needless to say.. I put my feet on property and my fingers on a breadstick..and salad..then tulapia (parmasan/crusted) (no pasta which Was on my plate)

Whats worse is I didnt work out yesterday OR today!

So with 2 days off plan I feel very defeated..What sucks is that I Finally saw 192 for the First time in ages! I dont even want to step on the scale today..!I'm scared

Op 4
Ex 4
week1 including load days ..167.1
week2 ............................163.8
week3.............................
162.8..162.3..today 160.5
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #1316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 234/225/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
I want my pants to be on the ground too.

Well ladies another day of the scale not moving. I am a little bit frustrated but not as bad as usual. I still lost more weight than everyone in both of my biggest loser competitions, but I have been doing the right thing and it is not showing on the scale. I have been eating a pretty big lunch this week. So big that I am not hungry before 7 ( my cut off time for dinner or any food really) and I wonder if not eating dinner is hurting me. I would think that it would help. At least for a little while. Oh well, I am going to keep on keeping on and with the recipes that I just heard about in this thread I am going to be eating some delicious eats. Thanks Cle.

Quote:
We are going to do a caribbean cruise so im so excited wow Rome you must post pics when you return and I will do the same we are going in June everyone ive talked that have been on a cruise had nothing but good things to say about them..ive always wanted to go on one..I had a chance to go some years back but i took my husband to see the titanic welp that ended that so im now with my current sweety and he is like yeah let's go!! my friends said "Im the only one that would take there husband to see the titanic after i convinced him to go on a cruise..oh well im divorced from him now and I called him and told him about me going on a cruise and he just laughed and said have fun...
Yeah this is our first cruise too. I hope we enjoy it. My hubby played some video game that kicked his "I want to go to Italy" jones up a notch. I am hoping this cruise helps me to want to stay on plan so that I am fly this anniversary. I think it is great that you and your ex are so cordial. I will definitely post pics and I hope you do the same.

Quote:
I'm with you!! I'm stuck at the same weight for the past week, I've been doing my exercise eating on plan...and trust me I know the frustration (Marl & Chantyl have had to hear it lol) but I'm still sticking with it waiting for it to move....def is frustrating...but I see the muscles in my arms coming, I'm running for longer periods of time and not feeling like I'm going to die....but that scale is stressing me....it's just easy to stay step off...leave the scale alone but it's a freakin addiction....and I'm a fiend I'm sticking with it....so hang on!!! We can do this!Shouts out to Tyl & Marl for listening to me whine about the scale...love ya'll!
I can't say that I see muscles under all of this fat yet but my stomach has definitely flattenned and I will take that any day. My legs kill me when I walk up the steps at my school. I am exercising and staying on plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbdiva View Post
Hello Ladies!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I made sure to get here today. It's not looking like I'm going to see a weight loss this week. This usually happens to be the second week of eating on plan and this is when I tend to get frustrated and go off plan. So far I've done just "ok". Ate off plan today but I am determined to climb back up in the saddle and get back on course tomorrow. I really need to push through if I am ever going to get to Onederland.

The food pics and recipes that you all posted look absolutely fabulous! I am definitely going to try these.

Take care Everybody!
I feel like maybe the same thing is happeneing with me. I lost 10 pounds last week and since Sunday nothing has come off. But I am going to SUADI until I am superfly again.

Quote:

Yes!!! Why did he do the half split? I am taking his crunch method. Maybe that is army style. lol. They did say he was a vet.

Well until tomorrow when I post my big whoosh of five pounds! POsitive thoughts beget positive reality.
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #1317
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone, just checking in and saying hello to my awesome partner, Stacy.

Today was OP and it was also Pilates day, so I'm feeling pretty good.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #1318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Wow, Hi Lorrie, and Happyone81: It looks like several of us are hitting that wall this week but I am so glad we have this challenge to help us keep going. I am going to SUADI and I think it will be the key to getting me past the point where I have always stopped before. Ok, we will get each other through this. Hang in there. See ya tomorrow.

Diane

Last edited by locarbdiva; 01-13-2010 at 09:14 PM..
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #1319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbdiva View Post
Wow, Hi Lorrie, and Happyone81: It looks like several of us are hitting that wall this week but I am so glad we have this challenge to help us keep going. I am going to SUADI and I think it will be the key to getting me past the point where I have always stopped before. Ok, we will get each other through this. Hang in there. See ya tomorrow.

Diane
"I am going to SUADI and I think it will be the key to getting me past the point where I have always stopped before"....You said it girl!

The challenge definatley stays in my mind..even when I'm losing my mind. After my break down I said to myself..I'm going to have to tell all my sisters about this and hold myself accountable.

Tomorrow is a Fresh day and we are going to have a positive On Plan day!
Right?..RIGHT!
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 AM   #1320
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 30, 2009
it's thursday, it's thursday, la la la la la la

Hang in there ladies!!!!! From everything I've read (embarassed to say its been alot!) the scale may not move everyday or every other day. You'll go along 4 or 5 days with nothing and then wham! you're down 2-3 pounds. I keep telling myself, the slower it comes off the better chances its going to stay off!! I have to be real with myself quite often, I didn't put it on overnight or even a few months. This has been YEARS of accumulation and NEGLECTING myself. So, its ok if it comes off slow, all that matters is that you stay on the right road to good health. I BELIEVE we will all be rewarded if we keep doing the right thing! We have to, we've been taught that since kindergarden for pete's sake... LOL....

Diane HANG in there, don't give up. There are too MANY reasons not to. Believe me I "fight" with myself in my head about just saying, "what the heck, does it really matter?" but everytime I overcome that and do the right thing I feel so POWERFUL!! OMG, it's a RUSH!
This has let me "become" more powerful in other areas of my life. Which I had been seriously lacking oh, let's say the last 30 years!! It's now or never for me, time to throw the excuses out the window and get REAL. For me anyways, if I try just one bite realistically it won't put on a pound but for me it starts the cravings all over again for me. I must be highly sensitive to the sweets and the BAD carbs. My body must send out some strong cravings that I truly have to fight off. For me, its going into my room and going to sleep. Once I got over that craving with detoxing myself the first two weeks, I can say I don't have those anymore. I do however have the "I want something sweet right now because I'm stressed!" sensation. It's a fight but one hurdle at a time and if I always keep one foot in front of me heading in the right direction I will be O.K.
So, giddy up partner' we are on a ride together!

Keep it up Lora, we are going to kick some booty tomorrow with our points. Got my exercise in for the week. Yeah baby
Talk soon ladies.
Your carb free buddy
Jamie
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote