Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #1201
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Same here, Marlette, I'm going to head up to the bed. It's calling my name.
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #1202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BBWDALLAS
Stats: Tight/Loose/Fabulous!!!
WOE: Low Carb All The Way Baby!!!!
Start Date: Restarted 09/01/14
Hello Ladies,
Im at work so im checkin I stayed on plan today..I was tested though but I made threw it my friend know's seven up cakes are one of my favorite dessert's she was off today and felt like baking so she baked alot of different stuff,I hadnt talked to her since the new year so she didnt know I
was back on this WOE so she sends me a cake by her son so I wrote her a note and sent it back with him I know if I would have called her she would have tried to convence me to keep it and "let the girls" eat it and so I wasnt gonna let that convo happen so I sent it back my girls where like "mom we could have ate that" and I was like I dont want it in the house Im doing good and I want to stay that way...
Question:
Do anyone have a friend or family memeber that try to get you to eat stuff I have a good friend and she knows that Im doing atkins and she always try to give me stuff and say aw Stac this little piece aint gonna hurt you and Im like I dont want that and you should respect that Im doing this for me and my health dont want to come off sounding mean but its always the friend that weighs nothing but a buck o five.. I love her to death and I know I might have hurt her feelings but we are friends and I know she will get over it..Stacy
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsmom View Post
Stacy, that story is so sad about the toddler. I hope you get to see her again.

Marie, Chantillian gave you the spanking already, but BEHAVE is right! Come on now, you can do it!

I'm getting ready to head to the gym. I like to go early on Saturdays and then I feel all energetic for the rest of the day.

Lucy, I hope your bloat goes away soon! That is the worst. I have to deal with it from time to time and don't know what brings it on more often than not.
I know this is late but me too I hope I get to see her again too..
BBWDALLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #1204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/294/140 5'4" 45 yrs old
Hey everyone, just a flyby posting. I'm in the middle of 2 12-hour days and I have to get up early tomorrow to boot for a mandatory meeting. Ugh! And my online NAU class started today ... lots of writing and projects and such. More ugh!

Staying on plan! Walked 1.3 miles yesterday and have a walking date planned tomorrow with a walking buddy of mine.
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #1205
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/294/140 5'4" 45 yrs old
Quote:
Originally Posted by smb_8 View Post
Hello Ladies,
Im at work so im checkin I stayed on plan today..I was tested though but I made threw it my friend know's seven up cakes are one of my favorite dessert's she was off today and felt like baking so she baked alot of different stuff,I hadnt talked to her since the new year so she didnt know I
was back on this WOE so she sends me a cake by her son so I wrote her a note and sent it back with him I know if I would have called her she would have tried to convence me to keep it and "let the girls" eat it and so I wasnt gonna let that convo happen so I sent it back my girls where like "mom we could have ate that" and I was like I dont want it in the house Im doing good and I want to stay that way...
Question:
Do anyone have a friend or family memeber that try to get you to eat stuff I have a good friend and she knows that Im doing atkins and she always try to give me stuff and say aw Stac this little piece aint gonna hurt you and Im like I dont want that and you should respect that Im doing this for me and my health dont want to come off sounding mean but its always the friend that weighs nothing but a buck o five.. I love her to death and I know I might have hurt her feelings but we are friends and I know she will get over it..Stacy
Stacy, partner! Way to go on getting that tempting cake out of the way!

Just stand your ground with your friend and hopefully soon she will realize that you mean business!
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #1206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Quote:
Hello Ladies,
Question:
You know that old saying "Lord if you can't make me skinny please make my friends fat!"
I really think some of our friends and family want us to stay that way so they sabotage us, kind of "accidentally on purpose". Maybe she doesn't even realize what she's doing.
Like you said, she's a good friend, so she'll get over it or figure it out.
GFY for sticking to your guns.
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrareserve View Post
You know that old saying "Lord if you can't make me skinny please make my friends fat!"
I really think some of our friends and family want us to stay that way so they sabotage us, kind of "accidentally on purpose". Maybe she doesn't even realize what she's doing.
Like you said, she's a good friend, so she'll get over it or figure it out.
GFY for sticking to your guns.
Yeah Im so motivated im not letting anything or anyone stop me
and they kill me when they say "Aw just a little piece want hurt you" and
Im like yeah look at me this is from all those little pieces
Old 01-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #1208
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Stayed on plan today really loving the low carb food lately. I am really craving bad though i am thinking because of the protein shakes i have been having so i am cutting those down. I have been craving food i normally don't like lately its weird. I started drinking mineral water and i know it good for you but i usually HATE it. Its a good way to keep my water intake up! Everyone at work is on thier low fat diets. Its funny they all watch while i eat my steak while they eat their iceberg salads with low fat dressing and think i am eating unhealthy.I notice every year people seem more tolorent of the low carb life style!
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #1209
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Hi Ladies and COLC sista!

I'm OP, and I walked/jogged around the neighborhood for 4 miles. I need a new route because I got tired of seeing the same houses!

Now, it's time for some R & R!

Lorrie, how was your day?
Yeah there you Curve-o-lisious Cutie! Sounds like 'Another' sucessful day for U! Keep up the good work! You sure do keep me moving..I have to admit that I think about you everyday when I know it's time to take my walk..and I'm trying to think of a 'new' excuse...Knowing that you are walking 4 miles in the cold makes me feel EXTRA guilty not walking my 1 mile in 60 degree weather..I truly have no excuse good enough..and thats a first for me. Your a inspiring partner.

I know what you mean about getting bored with the neighborhood view. It was great during the holidays early evening with the Holiday lights..but now it doesnt seem as fun..Humph..maybe we should try n go ..the other way when we walk out the door..lol. Sorry, thats all I've got. One thing that we do get to avoid is the traffic, parking, signing in, looking at the wall as we walk for miles, unfresh air, driving home and PAYING TO WALK. I cant afford it right now..lowcarb is expensive.

Sooo..its 18 days till your bithday How young are you going to be? My birthday is next month Feb 19th..I will be 43 (Atkins fairy..'Please let me look smaller this year') Got any plans for your special day?.. Tell us about the goal party outfit..(that you are going to look AWSOME in!!) What is your drink of choice going to be..low carb..of course..lol.

I think I read on another forum that you were on the 2 shakes and a meal plan..?. How do you like it? Are you still following that eating plan? Dont know if I could do that one.seems like not enough ..'chewing' going on for me..and lord knows i love to chew..Just wish I loved to WORK OUT!! Pushing threw it though . Thats why I joined THIS forum..I can eat bacon cheeseburgers all day..It's the moving I need to add to my life routine...So I guess I decided to...SUADI! I feel so cool..I'm starting to be able to use the terms

Everyone is Doing So Well! I love reading your stories and learning from everyone. The information you all share is priceless...and encouraging! What a Great forum And a bunch of motivated ladies you all are..YOU ALL GOT ME OFF THE COUCH..Everyone stand up and take a bow..then give me 10 ...Just kidding.

Goodnight ladies
Goodnight my Sunny

I ate backwards today..had a late start..missed breakfast hours

Br. Double Quarter pounder w/chees,bacon & mayo And Water
L . Thin Deli peppered-turkey and 2 hardboiled eggs And Water
D . 3 scrambled eggs with ham and cheese And More water.
Exercise 1 mile and 20 times up and down my stairs once I came home. Still havent got to the dvd yet..but this week I will be sure to do so. I have also been quietly cutting down on my smoking..makes me feel even worse..fat and out of breath is truely not a good feeling. But the combo is stressful..low carbs, adding excersizing, Major water And slowing down on smoking..Eeegads.

I did a crazy thing to myself this morning. I weight myself while TOM was still in town (last day) and I got a 194.3...I'll take it! I OF Course have my fingers and toes crossed that I see a 193 or something nice once Tom is completely gone...

GO TEAMS GO
Work it Sunny! COLC all the way Baby

This week
OP 4
Ex 3

Well Its WAY past my bedtime..nite-nite
week1 including load days ..167.1
week2 ............................163.8
week3.............................
162.8..162.3..today 160.5

Last edited by Lorrie200; 01-12-2010 at 02:36 AM.. Reason: adding things
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:51 AM   #1210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Yeah Im so motivated im not letting anything or anyone stop me
and they kill me when they say "Aw just a little piece want hurt you" and
Im like yeah look at me this is from all those little pieces
Your little pieces comment made me laugh..I ate with a girlfriend today at the mall food court..while I ate a bunless quarterpounder w/cheese and bacon..I had to watch her eat a full plate of PANDA EXPRESS..One of my fast food FAVORITES!! (Mind you she is a perfect lil size 5 ) Than she had the nerve to offer me some..I politley said 'no thanks ..I'm good' But in my mind I was thinking..do you think I would be sitting here eating a fricken bunless burger if I was able to eat Panda Express..I've Definatley had my Turn in the Panda Express line a time or two or three..Obviously..guess she was just trying to be nice and share..maybe I'm grouchy.

Great job being strong and staying away from 'those little pieces'

Last edited by Lorrie200; 01-12-2010 at 02:53 AM..
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:02 AM   #1211
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: molly2378
molly2378 - Its gonna be a good day:)

Okay, I am just on board since 1/7/10 but i have stayed on program each day and eat every 3-4 hours. I am drinking 100 oz of water each day, and I also drink 1 diet soda at work. Everyday I walk for 1 hour, also, I am doing exercises with weight bands / resistance training every other day/ and pilates on alternate days/ I do not consume dairy at all, but do have 1 cup of brocolli each day.

I started at 220 (1/7/10) and am at 216 today (1/12/10). The attached pic was taken on the morning of the 11th.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eharm.jpg (40.0 KB, 2 views)
molly2378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:15 AM   #1212
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrie200 View Post
Your little pieces comment made me laugh..I ate with a girlfriend today at the mall food court..while I ate a bunless quarterpounder w/cheese and bacon..I had to watch her eat a full plate of PANDA EXPRESS..One of my fast food FAVORITES!! (Mind you she is a perfect lil size 5 ) Than she had the nerve to offer me some..I politley said 'no thanks ..I'm good' But in my mind I was thinking..do you think I would be sitting here eating a fricken bunless burger if I was able to eat Panda Express..I've Definatley had my Turn in the Panda Express line a time or two or three..Obviously..guess she was just trying to be nice and share..maybe I'm grouchy.

Great job being strong and staying away from 'those little pieces'
Thank you..Im just taking this one day at a time..but i just think sometimes people are clueless...I had this nurse to ask me if I wanted to order girl scout cookie and everyone in my icu unit at night is doing a weight loss challenge I said no thank you and my other co workers ask her if she for got about our weight loss challenge and she was like oh yeah sorry and she said all of this while putting a peanut butter cookie in her mouth gotta love her though
she is almost 400 pounds and complains about shortness of breath all the time
dont get me wrong im not knocking anybody I just ask them not to knock me
because Im doing the right thing...
Old 01-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #1213
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly2378 View Post
Okay, I am just on board since 1/7/10 but i have stayed on program each day and eat every 3-4 hours. I am drinking 100 oz of water each day, and I also drink 1 diet soda at work. Everyday I walk for 1 hour, also, I am doing exercises with weight bands / resistance training every other day/ and pilates on alternate days/ I do not consume dairy at all, but do have 1 cup of brocolli each day.

I started at 220 (1/7/10) and am at 216 today (1/12/10). The attached pic was taken on the morning of the 11th.
Congrads to you for staying on plan
Old 01-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #1214
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by molly2378 View Post

Molly....read through the thread...there are two polls fill them out....get to know the girls in this thread!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:04 AM   #1215
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning sunshynes!!!!

Enjoy your day..BBL!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:19 AM   #1216
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Ladies as you are getting your day started im getting ready to get off from work...
I stayed on plan all night and I will report back in later..Hope EVERYONE have a good day..Peace Out!!
Stacy
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #1217
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 30, 2009
is it the weekend yet?

Hi all!
Stayed on plan yesterday but fell short with my water intake? Does the crystal light packets when mixed with water count for your water or does it mess it up with the stuff that it has in it? Curious-- love the crystal light grape! Also, can someone give me ideas for side dishes? My brain is tired as well as my tummy of eating green beans.....

Diane- I'm sorry to hear about your mom and aunt. That must be difficult to have to deal with on a daily basis. Kudos for you for taking the stand and caring for them. I only hope my kids would do the same for me! My daughters are 12 (13) in March and I have an 8 year old. My oldest is quiet, shy and reserved. Now my youngest is a different story! My WILD child. Loves to be in the mix of things, doesn't matter if she even knows the people. She doesn't know a stranger!

I've been thinking..... I get tired of trying to think what to make for dinner. If you want we can exchange ideas, two brains has to be better than 1

I'm going to try the chocolate shake tonight when I get home. Now granted I'd rather have the real thing from Dairy Queen but thank God for me they are all closed in the winter! Woo hoo, small steps...

Take care and stay tough! GRR..... I'm going to have to perfect my GAME FACE!

Bye for now
Jamie

*workin the body today when i get off work**
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #1218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
Start Date: December 30, 2009
Amen and hallelujah!! Stay tough and remember... Some people are TRULY clueless, they can't help it, I'm almost positive it's genetic.....LOL.....
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #1219
Committed to Succeed

Quote:
Hello Ladies,
Question:
Way to go getting that carbage out of your house!! Sometimes that's what it takes.

Yes, I do have family members who entice me to eat off plan. We went to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner, and FIL tried to get me to "go off it for today". I just put on my game face and said "I don't see any reason to do that, do you?" and he had no response, so I stayed on plan. I did do a "go off" for Christmas, and my DH said "it's about time you ate like normal people". I was really surprised at that because he's always been very supportive of my WOE, and has never given me the impression that he thinks there's anything abnormal about it.

Terry
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #1220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Lora
Start Date: October 23, 2011 (Not a diet, a way of life!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbdiva View Post
Hi Lora, Glad to see that you are still on plan We are going to count taking down that Christmas tree as a workout.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow.
- you have a PM.

Off to find my other partner, seriously sucking as a partner this week - sorry. :blush:
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #1221
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SweetPoison2
Stats: 246/232/180
WOE: DASH Diet & HHCG
Start Date: June 09
Hi Everyone!!

Down one pound since Saturday! Nothing really has changed but the last three days I have been running or swimming every day!

Have a great day everyone!! Terry, C, I am watching you guys! But, me thinks you guys are the best of our three here!

Ya gots to watch me....
SweetPoison2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #1222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Lora
Start Date: October 23, 2011 (Not a diet, a way of life!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpprobst View Post
Hi Lora! Nice to have you on board with us!! Now we are team DJL--- ooh, that sounds GOOD!! Hope to hear from you everyday, sometimes I am slow at getting around to posting but I try!

Found you!!!

Jamie.

Work has been a bear the last few weeks and this thread moves so far I have difficulty keeping up. I need to get in daily as opposed to every few days. You guys are a bunch of chatty cathies!!
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #1223
Committed to Succeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPoison2 View Post
Hi Everyone!!

Down one pound since Saturday! Nothing really has changed but the last three days I have been running or swimming every day!

Have a great day everyone!! Terry, C, I am watching you guys! But, me thinks you guys are the best of our three here!

Ya gots to watch me....
We are watching, sistah! I'm going to the gym tonight for my regular routine after work.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #1224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Flying by again! By the time I get caught up in the morning I'm running behind in the real world.
Stix are pink, on plan all around.
Have a great day ladies.
bbwic
Rachel
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #1225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: got2getmoving
Stats: 298/295/xxx
WOE: trying to figure it out
Start Date: everyday
Good morning ladies! I missed posting yesterday due to be extremely busy at work. I am down 2 pounds!!!!

lucy - where are you at!!!!!!!!
got2getmoving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #1226
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Quick check-in...eating on plan, WATP already done, ketostix are pink, and I'm down another pound today to 144!!!

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!!!
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #1227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: principessa54
Stats: R1D3; 213/202/180
WOE: hhcg my way
Start Date: August 2010
Wow what a lot of activity . . . I couldn't get on line last night from home. So I went to the gym and got in 6 miles (yes I calcualted it right ). Ate on plan so I am good to go.

Now someone asked about the Crystal Light. I drink it probably twice a day but I water mine down. I use a half pack for every 20 ounces or so. It just slightly flavoured. It counts towards your water so no worries there.

Everyone is doing great and sticking to their guns. Don't let the friends and family push you into eating something you don't want. Its your body and not theirs. If they can eat stuff we consider "crap" let them and just decline their nice offer. Tell them you are not hungry.

Well onto work now. Everyone have a fantastic day.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/213.8/175
WOE: 5:2 fasting diet
Start Date: March 2013
Just checking in. Bootcamp this morning was in another city close by too far to drive for 5 am though so ill be at Kickboxing 815 tonight, looking forward to burning some calories!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #1229
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Hey Julia! How ya doing lady??!?

Quote:
Hello Ladies,
Question:
Yes, enablers...lol...my mom! Gotta love her but when I go home she loves to feed us...Awwww it won't hurt you is what she says. But little does she know that one taste or meal can start a spiral. That's mom though.

Hey ladies...I am extremely busy today. Stopping to say what's up and see how everyone is doing. I am hanging in there. OP and working out.

I agree that this is a forum of a bunch of inspirational women! I am happy to be here.
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #1230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Hey ladies! I'm here... was having computer troubles this morning and so couldn't stay online. I just got another monitor, so I'm back. Either way, I ate clean yesterday but got home too late to workout. But, I managed to bring my sports hoop to work, so I'll do that while at work today and do 30 day shred tonight. Gotta love having choices!! Oh, I did run up 7 flights of stairs here at work yesterday and I'm in an old building from the George Washington days where each floor is twice the height of a normal floor, so I got some exercise in.