Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #811
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
WannaBAStar----I am re-inducting. I had to go full force this go 'round. I need the full Atkins experience at this point because I intend to get this weight off for good this time.
locarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Yay - I have two partners!! Ok Lynisha and Angela - we need a cool name and we can rock this thing.

I'm headed for the shop to work out (with a flashlight this time). I got a half hour walk in at lunch, food is on plan, though not enough of it, and water is 24 ounces behind. But I'll drink a litre working out and the better part of another one in the sauna.

I'd better go figure out my signature so that I can keep track of my points.
I'm assuming we claim no points for a scheduled rest day? Sunday was mine.
No rest days from the plan though.

I am staying below 20 carbs, but I eat nuts, so it's not true induction. I'll probably drop the dairy in a week or two, but right now I need my cheese!!

Rachel
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #813
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JengerSnaps View Post
I think I said more tonight than I've said in all my years on this Earth!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaS View Post
Hiya ladies - another rockin' day for me. Ate on plan, walked/jogged on the treadmill and hit my goal of a calorie deficit of at least 1,000 for the day! I also checked my keto strips for the first time tonight and I am official back into ketosis. No wonder my hunger was more under control tonight.

Watch out - my partner and I are going to have a great week! I hope the rest of you do too!!!
Awesome Julia!!! 1,000 cals!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:57 PM   #814
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaS View Post
Hiya ladies - another rockin' day for me. Ate on plan, walked/jogged on the treadmill and hit my goal of a calorie deficit of at least 1,000 for the day! I also checked my keto strips for the first time tonight and I am official back into ketosis. No wonder my hunger was more under control tonight.

Watch out - my partner and I are going to have a great week! I hope the rest of you do too!!!
Hey Partner....they are not even ready!

Congrats on rockin out another successful day and getting back to ketosis!! I hope to get there too. I am not re-inducting, but usually when I LC and exercise I can still get into ketosis. We will see.

Let's do this!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #815
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Oh, BTW would it be too much trouble for the rules to be posted again just as a refresher? Wouldn't want the word "technicality" to be an issue again. lol
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BBWDALLAS
Stats: Tight/Loose/Fabulous!!!
WOE: Low Carb All The Way Baby!!!!
Start Date: Restarted 09/01/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
Hey Stacy -

I haven't tried tons of them but I do like the Enchilada Bake, this Rotel tomato thing I just made, Dottie's Green Bean Casserole, and Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes has become a family favorite holiday dish.
I will have to try some of them..
BBWDALLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Sometime tonight I have to find a good recipe for turkey and broccoli - some sort of casserole.....

Can't get this silly ticker to work properly - I'll nuke it after my workout.

Rachel

Last edited by extrareserve; 01-06-2010 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: ticker ticking me off
Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #818
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
I stick to under 20 carbs, but have nuts and yogurt occassionally now.

Seriously, YES! You just gotta make yourself do it...NO EXCUSES.... and eventually it becomes a part of you. It sounds simplistic, but it's the truth. On the days I just don't wanna and believe me there always are some, I SUADI Keep in mind, you should start out slow and you will build up strength and endurance. Good luck
That is RIGHT! You gotta fake it 'til you make it! I took the day off from working out, and plan to go tomorrow. My body was sore today and needed a rest. I normally do my workouts on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, but because the gym was closed over the weekend, the only way I could get my three points in this week was to go two days in a row.
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #819
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: KimmieG
Stats: (190)172/155/130 - Ht. 5' 2"
WOE: Atkins-getting back to goal!
Start Date: Restart 1/1 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBAStar View Post
Kimmmmmie, glad to "see" your my partner! You are re-inducting too? Great, I'm starting CLEAN tomorrow morning-14 days. We have to keep each other honest
AND on track. OK, commercial over, til later.... LOL

You Got It!
Water Water Water too.... Thats where I tend to fall short!
KimmieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #820
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: principessa54
Stats: R1D3; 213/202/180
WOE: hhcg my way
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrareserve View Post
Yay - I have two partners!! Ok Lynisha and Angela - we need a cool name and we can rock this thing.

I'm headed for the shop to work out (with a flashlight this time). I got a half hour walk in at lunch, food is on plan, though not enough of it, and water is 24 ounces behind. But I'll drink a litre working out and the better part of another one in the sauna.

I'd better go figure out my signature so that I can keep track of my points.
I'm assuming we claim no points for a scheduled rest day? Sunday was mine.
No rest days from the plan though.

I am staying below 20 carbs, but I eat nuts, so it's not true induction. I'll probably drop the dairy in a week or two, but right now I need my cheese!!

Rachel
Hiya Partner I am doing the same sort of plan as you. Staying under 20 carbs but I eat nuts and occasionally eat cheese. Everyone teases me because I love my nuts and won't share. Lol.

Today I was on plan eating but took the day off from exercising. TOM is here and I just need to rest because I was exhausted after work. So my bf came over and we watched college ball and then watched some of his high school boys highlight reels on you tube. Those kids are amazing.
principessa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa54 View Post
Hiya Partner I am doing the same sort of plan as you. Staying under 20 carbs but I eat nuts and occasionally eat cheese. Everyone teases me because I love my nuts and won't share. Lol.
LOL, I have to have nuts at my desk because my boss often gets hungry! He's the only one I share with though. I buy the big bags at Costco and then keep a baggie full at work.

Last edited by extrareserve; 01-06-2010 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #822
Senior LCF Member

I came across this today. I haven't done the project yet, but it gets you thinking about your time!

Do you have time??

It’s not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, what are we busy about? ~ Henry David Thoreau

In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking. ~ Sir John Lubbock

You will never “find” time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. ~ Charles Bruxton

Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. ~ H. Jackson Brown

Time Management for Health and Weight Loss

You have the time…but how do you really spend it?

The #1 excuse I hear for anything out there (not eating right, not shopping/cooking, not exercising) is “I just don’t have the time”. Well that is all it really is, an excuse. You have the daily choice on what to do, where to go, people to see and things to be involved in each day.

As the quote from H. Jackson Brown says above, you do in fact have the same amount of time in day that everyone else does. What you do with it is a whole other question. It is time you become “aware” of how you spend your time.

Once you know what and why you do things, you can start to make sure to focus on the more important tasks (prioritize things in your life). To me I would think eating healthy, shopping for foods ahead of time, cooking good meals, daily exercise and spending time with friends/family should be up there. What should not be is hours spent in front of the TV, surfing the web without real purpose, or hours just gossiping on the phone.

So let’s start to examine and find out how we can set aside more time in your day for what is important.
Step 1: Write down what you spend each daily minute doing

Get a piece of paper….yes I will wait…..Ok, got it? I mean it, this is your task for the day so take it seriously.

Now on it write the time you wake up (say like 7am) on one side, draw a horizontal line and on the other end write the time you go to sleep (say like 10pm). Now draw smaller vertical lines for each hour in-between 7am and 10pm. Add in more vertical lines for each half hour.

OK, now really think about the past few days. Now write down in blocks what you did to spend your time. Account for each hour, half hour, etc. This includes work, shopping, chores, TV, and anything else. Did exercise fall in there anywhere? Why not? How about cooking a dinner time meal? Again, why not?

This exercise is so you can really see how your “busy” time is spent. The goal each day of course is not to just be “busy”, but actually productive towards our own personal goals (which should include taking care of our body’s health).

Step 2: Close your eyes for a minute and now envision what your ideal day would be like

The next step is to find quiet time, close our eyes and now imagine what you “really” want your day to be like. How you want to spend your time. Things you would like to be doing. Now be realistic here, and not try to imagine yourself floating on a boat in the middle of the Caribbean (unless that is really the goal you want to work towards).

See when you would like to exercise and what kind it is. Imagine when you would like to buy food and cook it. Envision what type of work you want to be involved with, and what you do not. What is it that you really want each day to be like? Be as specific as possible such as:

“I want to wake up early at 7am, cook a good breakfast of (insert your meal here), to not be in such a rush, bring my own lunch which will be (insert your meal here), leave work each day no later than 5:30pm, go right to the gym for a 40 minute workout using the weights and treadmill, head home and have a dinner of (insert meal here)…..”

You can include some TV time in if you want, but make sure you are in full control of how much you really do watch (and what you watch)
Step 3: Cross off the “Busy” Distractions and Add the Actions you Need to Take

Now (with your eyes open from step 2 of course) take that same piece of paper from step 1 that should be filled in with how you were spending your time, and start to change it to make it fit how you want to spend your time.

Get rid of (cross off) any commitments you don’t want to be involved with anymore, free up more time away from the TV, wake up a bit earlier so you have no excuse to not eat or pack a lunch.

Remember, you are not allowed to use the excuse anymore of “…but I just don’t have the time”. You do have the time if you want to make it happen!
Wrap Up and Report Back

If you don’t know what you want your life to become or what steps have to be taken daily, then sadly you will never get there. So it is important to get a clear vision and then take action.

It’s now up to you to plan how things get done. It is as simple as:

* Knowing exactly what you want (goal…for better health/weight loss in this case)
* Know the exact steps that have to happen to get there (eating right, exercise, sleep)
* Making it happen each day!

They key is also not allowing distractions (like the computer, email, phone, TV) to jump in and mess up your schedule. Those things can wait or you can set aside time later. Stay in control!

So I hope you use this exercise today to help manage your time better. Remember you have enough time, it is just how you choose to spend it that matters.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:40 AM   #823
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jpprobst
Stats: 210/ My goal is 150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 30, 2009
Thursday, Jan. 7th, 2010

Good Morning All!
How is everyone doing, sounds great by the posts! Hi Diane! Keep it up, going full Atkins is the way to go!! I'm still on Induction, have 5 more days then I can get creative with my cooking. Weigh in tomorrow, I'm down another pound as of this morning, woo hoo!! Go Team D&J! rah, rah, rah lets hear it for the girls. Waiting to hear from you tomorrow morning, Diane. Think positive.
Diane-here's my mojo coming through the computer to you
Carb buddy,
Jamie
jpprobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Checking in!
I lose 1 pt as I went over my carbs by 4, DAMN!

Kicking butt today though!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:51 AM   #825
I'm his Princess

Morning peeps!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Good morning everyone!

Just had breakfast 3 sausage links and a 1oz cube of cheese. Induction going good so far! Im excited for my weigh in on Monday!!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #827
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mommy2aCutie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
Checking in!
I lose 1 pt as I went over my carbs by 4, DAMN!

Kicking butt today though!
Girlfriend! What are you doing to us! Just kidding! You are awesome for being so honest!!!

I am sure you are kicking butt in the workout department!

How did you week go last week? Weight loss and Points?
Mommy2aCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #828
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Good morning! Down a pound this a.m. 5.5 to go before I'm at my pre-Christmas weight. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that I really did get right back on plan! Thank God for SUADI!
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JengerSnaps
Stats: 230/172/160
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: October 2009
Congrats Terry!
JengerSnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #830
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: KimmieG
Stats: (190)172/155/130 - Ht. 5' 2"
WOE: Atkins-getting back to goal!
Start Date: Restart 1/1 2010
Morning!
Snowed in with a headache today, Lol! At least I dont have to work though

Still on plan, and doing some wii fit with my son today!!
We've all got cabin fever...
KimmieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2aCutie View Post
Girlfriend! What are you doing to us! Just kidding! You are awesome for being so honest!!!

I am sure you are kicking butt in the workout department!

How did you week go last week? Weight loss and Points?
11 pts for 6 days. How about you? You probably want to ditch me as a partner 'cuz I screwed up...I promise to be perfect from now on!
I will post the weight loss tomorrow.
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #832
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kocobear
Stats: 296.4/273.4/210
WOE: Protocol Atkins
Start Date: January 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I know right!!! Geez....getting my outfit ready!!!

LOL! I hate being behind! Yes, you and Marly have to get it together too!!
Kocobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannew View Post
11 pts for 6 days. How about you? You probably want to ditch me as a partner 'cuz I screwed up...I promise to be perfect from now on!
I will post the weight loss tomorrow.
Girl I would NEVER ditch you....never, never, never....trust me this is a long eight weeks.....who knows what I will do between now and then! LOL :blush: I have ate well all week and exercised everyday. I am considering taking today off because I am really sore...but I don't know I may just push through it and do the elliptical. If I do I will do it later today.....this morning my whole body is hurting.

I honestly think you are doing great!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 AM   #834
Senior LCF Member

I am only down 2 pounds for the week...not real sure why...but I guess I will take it...certainly better than a gain so Friday weigh in 237.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:07 AM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunny1
Stats: 240/214/145
WOE: LC and Medifast
Start Date: November 2009
Hi, Everyone! I hope all is well!

Hi, Lorrie! I hope your day is going splendid. I'm On Plan and trying to get the scale to move. I don't think that I'll have a big loss because my body is still adjusting to the "very low carb" diet that I'm on.

I'll be doing Tae Bo today. Come on Billy, kick my butt!

On Plan - 7
Exercise - 7

Talk to ya soon!

Last edited by Sunny1; 01-07-2010 at 09:09 AM..
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JengerSnaps
Stats: 230/172/160
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: October 2009
Checking in... eating on plan but rest day for the exercise!
JengerSnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/261.5/140 5'4" 43 yrs old
Just a quick flyby to say good morning!
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #838
I'm his Princess

you're all doing so well!! Hope this lasts at least another 7 weeks!!!

I just submitted a report...so I can chat and catch up now!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Gettin redy to have some of my new found love......chicken wings....yum!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #840
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 235.4/223.8/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Good Afternoon Ladies!!
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote