Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #751
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Thanks, Cle for the recipe!
NP...hand mixer is necessary
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #752
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WannaBAStar
Stats: 220/207.5/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Everyday
Couple of questions ladies:

(1) Is anyone here on induction or re-inducting?

(2) For you regular exercisers what did you do, how did you get motivated to exercise? I'm aware of the SAUDI acronym , but is that really all it took to get up and moving? I mean seriously.

Last edited by WannaBAStar; 01-06-2010 at 03:15 PM..
WannaBAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #753
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
When you reach goal (because you will) what's the ONE thing you want to do?
Stay there!!!!
Best response so far
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #754
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBAStar View Post

(2) For you regular exercisers what did you do, how did you get motivated to exercise? I'm aware of the SAUDI acronym , but is that really all it took to get up and moving? I mean seriously.
I started back Lowcarbing on Monday...and SUADI got me lowcarbing....SERIOUSLY!!! To myself....I've been here before have lost 80-90lbs gained it back plus 10....it's time just to Shut the HELL UP and do it....I hate exercising...but I'm running...I need to get it done....sooooo I am!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #755
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Quote:

(2) For you regular exercisers what did you do, how did you get motivated to exercise? I know of SAUDI, but is that really all it took to get up and moving? I mean seriously.
I stick to under 20 carbs, but have nuts and yogurt occassionally now.

Seriously, YES! You just gotta make yourself do it...NO EXCUSES.... and eventually it becomes a part of you. It sounds simplistic, but it's the truth. On the days I just don't wanna and believe me there always are some, I SUADI Keep in mind, you should start out slow and you will build up strength and endurance. Good luck
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #756
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:

i'm not really doing induction...i keep saying that i am but i eat nuts LOL. which is not induction approved. But i eat fairly lc at present.

As for exercise, i am doing power 90 and trying to prepare for some races this year. Honestly, i have no motivation to wake up in the morning and exercise. But i use the SUADI statement to get the heck up. In the last challenge i reminded the girls that if you keep doing the same thing, you'll get the SAME results. So i'm SUADI'iing because if i left it up to me, i'd eat donuts and pasta and never ever work out. Now i SUADI cuz i know thats the only way to get results.

Cut the Crap take 2: sw:276.4 cw: 259.6 Pts: 84!
For 8 weeks I made 84 positive choices!
CTC begins again on 3/2 join us!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #757
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
I stick to under 20 carbs, but have nuts and yogurt occassionally now.

Seriously, YES! You just gotta make yourself do it...NO EXCUSES.... and eventually it becomes a part of you. It sounds simplistic, but it's the truth. On the days I just don't wanna and believe me there always are some, I SUADI Keep in mind, you should start out slow and you will build up strength and endurance. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
i'm not really doing induction...i keep saying that i am but i eat nuts LOL. which is not induction approved. But i eat fairly lc at present.

As for exercise, i am doing power 90 and trying to prepare for some races this year. Honestly, i have no motivation to wake up in the morning and exercise. But i use the SUADI statement to get the heck up. In the last challenge i reminded the girls that if you keep doing the same thing, you'll get the SAME results. So i'm SUADI'iing because if i left it up to me, i'd eat donuts and pasta and never ever work out. Now i SUADI cuz i know thats the only way to get results.
Well said ladies...when I'm having a pity party...I'll come back and read this!!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny1 View Post
Hi, Lorrie! I'm here. Lets' kick some butt, girl! We've got to "hit the ground running" in this challenge, and I'm ready to be a great partner! Let's check in here almost daily, which will keep us accountable to each other.

Today went pretty well, partner!
OP - 6
Exercise - 6

For exercise, I went walking/slow jogging around the neighborhood. I don't belong to a gym, so I had to weather the elements, and it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. Although, now my back is seizing up on me because I really pushed myself. Lol! I want to have some kind of transformation by the end of this challenge, and I know it's going to take hard work and me "cutting my crap" and getting busy on achieving my goals. I'm here to help you achieve your goals as well!

Lorrie, let's come up with a name for our team. Cle and her partner are the SUADI Sisters which I think is great! Let's brainstorm and come up with something creative, too.

Talk to ya soon, partner! I'm so glad to have someone I can be accountable to.
HI! :hiya Partner!:

I also dont belong to a gym. I figured that I usually did the dreadmill and I can walk right out my front door and walk the neighorhood and get the same result And some fresh air. I got into my car and drove a little path that clocked out to be 1mile so that I could gage my miles..or should I say 'mile' at this point. I have only walked 3 times in the last few weeks. (1 mile each time).. Boy am I glad I found you cause I need you to kick my butt! How far do you walk? I feel so good when I do..WHY am I doing this to myself?! But now that I have found You I feel much more accountable..and we are both walking..well, You are walking..lol I want to be a good partner and kick Butt in this challenge also..And CUTTING MY CRAP!! In fact..WHERE ARE MY TENNIS SHOES?

Question: what does the starts OP-6 and excersize-6 stand for?

I think a team name a perfect idea! Something sassy! I will brainstorm.

You have Already Inspired me..I am going walking NOW..before it gets dark and chilly..cause then I wont go..again.

I'm off..thanks to you!

Lorrie200

Last edited by Lorrie200; 01-06-2010 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 234/225/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I started back Lowcarbing on Monday...and SUADI got me lowcarbing....SERIOUSLY!!! To myself....I've been here before have lost 80-90lbs gained it back plus 10....it's time just to Shut the HELL UP and do it....I hate exercising...but I'm running...I need to get it done....sooooo I am!!!
I am inducting until I get the majority of my weight off and then trying the maintanence stages. This is what I usually do when I am successful.
I really don't like to exercise at all. I hate what it does to my hair, but I just do it because I am super motivated to no longer be the thick one. Especially after I lost so much weight before.
What motivated me to finally lose the weight is ordering new clothes for Christmas in large and not being able to fit anything because of my arm and boobs.
Well I too would want to post my fat pic but I am not bold enough yet. But I think that is a great motivator and idea. Maybe once I get to 180.

I am down a pound today. Yay!!! I am debating whether or not I want to exercise tonight. Today is truly the third day in a row for Atkins and this is usually when I CRAVE anything and everything wrong. So far so good. Just today I read a quote that helped me. "Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown." The unknown at least since my wedding has been sticking to this diet wholeheartedly. I am ready for the challenge to change. I know you all are too.

I have yet to see my partner on here. Glory I hope you are doing well.
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:41 PM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Scrappy, Cle, Chantyl thanks for the encouragement. SAUDI it is! I have a tendency to over think things and make them more complicated then they have to be. I've already lost exercise points for the week (the week in this challenge ends on Thursday, right?), however, I am committing here before all you ladies and most importantly myself to get 30 mins of exercise/movement (cardio) in most days of the week starting tomorrow. Thereafter, I'll gradually incorporated strength training. Although, I keep reading for my apple shape I should be doing more strength training than cardio.

I think I want to re-induct too. starting tomorrow. I have been eating too many lc maintanance foods (Shakes, tortillas, nuts, fage, berries) and the scale is at a stand still.

Induction and exercise tomorrow!

Last edited by WannaBAStar; 01-06-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyone81 View Post
I really don't like to exercise at all. I hate what it does to my hair
I totally relate to the hair sentiment.

Quote:
I am down a pound today. Yay!!!
Congrats, you are one pound closer to goal

Quote:
Just today I read a quote that helped me. "Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown."
Um, I like that....
Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/261.5/140 5'4" 43 yrs old
What's the one meal/dish/food you miss on your plan?

Bread!

When you reach goal (because you will) what's the ONE thing you want to do?

Stay at goal!

If someone looked in your purse/bag what's the most weird/odd thing in your bag?

Nothing exciting - maybe the 5 Hour Energy drink.

What's your hidden talent?

I can procrastinate with the best of them.

If I said "CRABS" what's the first thing you would say?

Ick!
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #763
I'm his Princess

Quote:
I really don't like to exercise at all. I hate what it does to my hair, but I just do it because I am super motivated to no longer be the thick one. .
Me too!!! Who wants to get a fresh perm then sweat it out?!? Not me lol...so I got it braided....that was the first step for me...no excuses

Quote:
Scrappy, Cle, Chantyl thanks for the encouragement. SAUDI it is! I have a tendency to over think things and make them more complicated then they have to be. I've already lost exercise points for the week (the week in this challenge ends on Thursday, right?), however, I am committing here before all you ladies and most importantly myself to get 30 mins of exercise/movement (cardio) in most days of the week starting tomorrow. Thereafter, I'll gradually incorporated strength training. Although, I keep reading for my apple shape I should be doing more strength training than cardio.

I think I want to re-induct too. starting tomorrow. I have been eating too many lc maintanance foods (Shakes, tortillas, nuts, fage, berries) and the scale is at a stand still.

Sounds like a plan!!! We're here for you....I have a tendency to quit this lc thing after 2 days...and go back to ww...when I lose well on lc...just get ridic bored with it.......
Old 01-06-2010, 03:56 PM   #764
I'm his Princess

Thanks for filling it out Tiffany!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks for filling it out Tiffany!!!
No prob. I tell you, though, I almost didn't because after the lipstick vibrator and panties thing, I just felt that I couldn't compete with you all!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #766
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: Paleo & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 09/01/14
Quote:

You can do it!!! We're all in this together!
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #767
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
No prob. I tell you, though, I almost didn't because after the lipstick vibrator and panties thing, I just felt that I couldn't compete with you all!
lol I can't compete lol
Old 01-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smb_8 View Post
Go you! Im happy for you Tiff...I never tried any of Linda Sue's recipes wich are your favorites
Hey Stacy -

I haven't tried tons of them but I do like the Enchilada Bake, this Rotel tomato thing I just made, Dottie's Green Bean Casserole, and Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes has become a family favorite holiday dish.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
I am never going to live that one down, am I?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: locarbdiva
Stats: 230/212/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 7/24/2006
Hello Everyone!

Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday but I stayed on track. I ate on plan and worked out during The Biggest Loser! I was truly motivated while I was watching that show.

I was away for one day and when I got back we are up to page 26! WooHoo! I'll have to go back and read through all the posts.

Marl and Jamie---I did see that we are sisters in holding on to receipts! We will have to start a support group. "Hello, my name is Diane The Diva and I am a receipt hoarder." LOL!

Hello to everyone here, Cle, Chantyl, EVERYBODY...and especially my partner Jamie.

Jamie, I am looking forward to Friday so I can change the weight in my siggy.

We are expecting snow tomorrow so I will be taking the day off. I plan to post earlier tomorrow than I have in the past few days.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #771
I'm his Princess

Quote:

lol NEVERRRR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbdiva View Post
Hello Everyone!

Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday but I stayed on track. I ate on plan and worked out during The Biggest Loser! I was truly motivated while I was watching that show.

I was away for one day and when I got back we are up to page 26! WooHoo! I'll have to go back and read through all the posts.

Marl and Jamie---I did see that we are sisters in holding on to receipts! We will have to start a support group. "Hello, my name is Diane The Diva and I am a receipt hoarder." LOL!

Hello to everyone here, Cle, Chantyl, EVERYBODY...and especially my partner Jamie.

We are expecting snow tomorrow so I will be taking the day off. I plan to post earlier tomorrow than I have in the past few days.
As long as you're on plan!!!! Good "seeing" you!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #772

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by locarbdiva View Post
Hello Everyone!

Yes, I am really bad. I found a receipt the other day back from 2006! Its crazy!!

We are expecting snow tomorrow too...6 to 10 inches! Not looking forward to it!
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #773
I'm his Princess

We get snow Friday morning...so we'll see....schools are always open...so I'm sure I'll be at work
Old 01-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #774

Quote:

NOPE! LOL

BTW, girl working out is going to come second nature to you after this challenge!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #775

I just realized that our week began on last Friday! I am screwed with exercise points for the week to! Dang vacation!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #776
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
I just realized that our week began on last Friday! I am screwed with exercise points for the week to! Dang vacation!
I wasn't gonna tell ya!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #777

Quote:
I wasn't gonna tell ya!!!
Oh its funny huh? LOL! I didn't expect you to. I realize that you and CHANTILLIAN have it out for me since I kicked ya'lls butt last time..buts its cool...Keep playing the game!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #778
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Oh its funny huh? LOL! I didn't expect you to. I realize that you and CHANTILLIAN have it out for me since I kicked ya'lls butt last time..buts its cool...Keep playing the game!
I feel like Vicky from BL lol.....I don't want to be her ....we know you're the one to beat.....I'm just going to have fun beating you :
Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #779

Quote:
I feel like Vicky from BL lol.....I don't want to be her ....we know you're the one to beat.....I'm just going to have fun beating you :
Boo Vicky!
Old 01-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #780
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Boo Vicky!
lol I know.... It's nothing but love Marl