Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: s1mon3
Stats: 220/168/145
WOE: Clean Eating/Cal & Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by smb_8 View Post
Question
What was your comfirmation that you needed to lose weight??
Mines hit me at thanksgiving when I looked around the room at all my family members and noticed that i was bigger than everyone there after i noticed that i was ready to go home...but I stayed and let my kids finish the visit with my family my boyfriend asked me what was wrong and I told hime and he said aww baby your beautiful your working on yourself so dont worry...and I know he loves me regaurdless of my size but I want this weight gone!! so thats my story what about yalls??
Stacy
My confirmation came when my pants started making my stomach itch!

Hey Chantillian...are we posting starting weight at all? Are you tracking how much we've lost or are we on our own in that regard? lol
s1mon3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chrysalis
Stats: 315/261.5/140 5'4" 43 yrs old
Quote:
Still on plan today and i jumped on the scale and im down 5 pounds
Its cold here in dallas so i did walk away the pounds today instead going outside in walk wich i love to do i also joined 24 hour fitness gym so i will be going there on my days off
I hope everyone had a very good day...
good job on the 5 lbs down, getting in exercise and joining the gym!
chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Question
Stacy
It always surprised me to see pictures and wonder who the fat chick was .. and what a sinking feeling to realize that the fat chick was *me*.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys -

Another long day at work ... I get a few days off and don't have to be back til Saturday.

I used to Pilates and really liked it but quit because of time/money constraints. I wanted to get back into it again so I joined up with a studio (single instructor, small classes, no more than 4 students) and have my first class tomorrow morning. I signed up for 2 classes/week for this month. Go me!

Not sure if I posted my menu here or not but today I had:

B - cheesy eggs, sausage, coffee
L/S/D - Linda Sue's Rotel/cabbage/hamburger thing, 1/2 c yogurt flavored with Peach Torani and with 2 tb shredded coconut, 1/2 avocado

I had actually brought a few more things in my lunchbag but I've been fighting an upper respiratory thing and I'm just not hungry.

Night all!
Old 01-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #665

***Biggest Loser Spoiler***

For all those that watch, did you see James lost 100 pounds in 2 months!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beautifulme
Stats: 275-135-140
WOE: Whole foods.
Start Date: Everyday....
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
Hey Layla! You can find the chili recipe here on Cleo's website. I doubled the recipe and added a can of pinto beans(they are lowest in carbs). It is soooo good!

I am feeling run down too and not sure why??? I started taking my B12 again yesterday just in case. I never thought about potassium. TOM is lurking so I'm sure that's part of it I really like the 30DS...Jillian beats me up, but I need it KWIM? Have a great day!

Thanks,I have all those ingredients.been looking for a good chilli recipe.

I'm down 4 pounds this year.!!!!!

Do you all work out while sore?..How do you make it better without Tylenol?
beautifulme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
I haven't really seen much BL. Every now and again I catch a few minutes if dh isn't home, but I don't follow it.

Food was on target today. Water good too. I walked at lunch for just under an hour up and down the hills. I was sore this morning from my wipe out last night, but seem to be recovering. Squats are still out, but I should be ok in a day or two.

When did I decide it was reallly time to lose weight? Stretch marks. I have no children. Ick.
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:09 PM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: beautifulme
Stats: 275-135-140
WOE: Whole foods.
Start Date: Everyday....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Now that is talent!

I'm just....wow....not even sure what to say...I can't imagine Michael II going through your bag and asking you what that was...." Mom what's KY?!?!?"

What you don't have panties in your purse??!?! That's not normal?!?

I hope you're in the medical feild and not just as "in case I see someone on the road and need to perform surgery" thinking

I'm just a lil nerdy,but I am a Nurse.I plan on going back to school for something in the medical field..maybe Pharmacy so I study when stuck on the Subway.

We are!!!!

No I can't imagine....I've been stripped searched before in MCO Airport in Fl...Orlando and Ohhhh eemmmm geeee!!! That poor woman....(my sisters and I aren't afraid to get naked) she was so shocked the way I just whipped off my bra....it was like a magic trick....lol I'm like...they're just breasts....40DDD but still

It'll be changing...weeding out the people who aren't active and pairing people together....for the rest of this challenge!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappychik View Post
If Layla agrees, I'm ok with sticking with her as my partner

I hope my multiquote comes out right..I'm computer slow...Yes Lisa,we are in this together

Thanks multiquote friend...

Stacy,my recent weight loss horror was when I went 2 the Dr. and they had to use a thigh cuff to take my blood pressure.....sooooo,my arm is like a chunky thigh?Yeah,that woke me up FAST...
beautifulme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #669
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LisaFriday
Stats: 230/192/150
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: Oct 23, 2009 (RNY)
Means you no longer weigh 200 plus pounds... YOU weigh in the ONEhundreds...199,198,197... I just made it to "onederland" a couple of weeks ago 12/12/09... I now weigh 193.2!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pumped!
LisaFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010

Every day when I look in the mirror.
When I see photographs of myself.
When I'm out somewhere and someone wants to take a group photo and I realized (maybe) that I'm the one who's embarrassed about having a plate of food in front of me. You know, like people are really going to think that I don't eat?
When there is more in my closet that I cannot wear, than those that I can wear.
When my feet and lower back hurt after being on them for a minimal amount of time.
Every time I look at my thighs and think that I may as well give up because they are so stretched out of proportion that they'll probably NEVER look like human girl thighs ever again.

Do you need more?

Lucy
Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #671
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa54 View Post
To answer Stacy's question . . . my realization to lose weight came when nothing in my closet fit me anymore and I refused to buy new clothes.
Hiya Sunny! I JUST noticed that we got matched up as partners! I am rather new to the board and have trouble keeping up. Sometimes I spend hours trying to find my last post to see if someone replied to a question I might have asked...lol..but frustrating at the same time. Sometimes I get to reading everyones post and forget what I was looking for...goodness!

I know what you mean about not wanting to buy new cothes. About a week ago I took ALL of my clothes out of my closets and went threw them piece by piece. I put away all of my summer cloths in 1 tub (secretly knowing that next summer I Am Going To Be Able To Wear Them Comfortably) In another I put all my 10's and 12's (sigh) And ONLY left cloths that I Could Actually Wear Now (14's or xxl's)..Which wasent much. I was tired of going threw them when I was trying to get dressed and and saying ..no, cant wear that, that one either,,definatley not that either ect. Now what is there ..is what I got! Hopefully I will be able so go to my tub soon and pull out some of the 12's..at least the streatch ones..lol

Well enough of me rambeling..Glad that I found You! If I disappear..its only because I'm lost again.

Lorrie200

Last edited by Lorrie200; 01-06-2010 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: adding my names so I can find my post later..I'm a Newbie Sorry
Lorrie200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 AM   #672
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
good job on the 5 lbs down, getting in exercise and joining the gym!
DITTO!!!

Quote:
I signed up for 2 classes/week for this month. Go me!
!
Def Go You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1mon3 View Post
For all those that watch, did you see James lost 100 pounds in 2 months!!!
I know....but he's ridic heavy....at least at home he's getting it done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrie200 View Post
: I am rather new to the board and have trouble keeping up. Sometimes I spend hours trying to find my last post to see if someone replied to a question I might have asked...lol..but frustrating at the same time. Sometimes I get to reading everyones post and forget what I was looking for...goodness!
Hey Lorrie!!!

Ok all you have to do is to the far left at the top...there's a User Control Panel....every thread you post in and subscribe to...will show up under there. So you don't have to search too hard...it will list them all!! Check in often!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joannew
Stats: 149/142.2/135 (5'4.5", 60 yy)
WOE: 1200 cals
Start Date: 7/27/14
Good Morning Losers!
It is inspiring to read all the posts and the high level of enthusiasm that is there!
I've stayed OP and exercised 5 days....count 'em...5! Woot Woot! That's 10 points!
Although I weigh in every day and chart it, I am only going to count the actual #'s lost in 1 week.

Where's my pawdner Jennifer? Hope you are doing well!

Hope everyone has a great OP day - don't forget to exercise!
Joannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #674
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulme View Post
Thanks,I have all those ingredients.been looking for a good chilli recipe.

I'm down 4 pounds this year.!!!!!

Do you all work out while sore?..How do you make it better without Tylenol?
Congrats on losing 4 pounds already!!!! I guess that depends on HOW sore. Usually I can just take some Ibuprofen and still WO. If it's really oire like my calves were after my first day of Shred(could hardly walk) I will rest for a day OR do upper body only that day. Don't push yourself too hard...you'll get to know your limits as you progress. You certainly don't want injuries! HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulme View Post
I hope my multiquote comes out right..I'm computer slow...Yes Lisa,we are in this together

Thanks multiquote friend...

Stacy,my recent weight loss horror was when I went 2 the Dr. and they had to use a thigh cuff to take my blood pressure.....sooooo,my arm is like a chunky thigh?Yeah,that woke me up FAST...
I didn't even know there WAS such a thing. Thanks for sharing that...another example of a routine activity that can be difficult when we're overweight. I'm sorry you had that experience, BUT it woke you up and got you here, so it's a blessing right? Go TEAM Lisa & Layla!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #675
Committed to Succeed

Gallery: Magicsmom
Stats: 282/182/140
WOE: Low carb/portion control
Start Date: Re-re-restarted 7/16/12
Good morning! I'm short on time because I had trouble getting in. Their server was busy this morning.

Lucy, you keep at it girl, and I promise you that some day you will see your real body shape emerge. It will happen if you stick with this. It's for life, now.
Magicsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #676
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
My confirmation was my health.My blood pressure and pulse get really high when i don't eat low carb. So high to the point where i wake up in the middle of the night and can't breathe.Also my skin has calmed down immensly since starting Atkins again.

I am down 3lbs as of the 3rd day of Induction i am still having a hard time eating enough! Hopefully that gets better. I am getting my water in though.

I went to the oral surgeon today and i will have to get 5 teeth surgically removed. 4 wisdom teeth and another teeth that my wisdom tooth basically killed. So i will need to be looking up what i can do on a liquid diet i am thinking shakes. I know i won't be very hungry.But i am happy to have them removed because they are a pain in the butt! Everyone have a great LC day!

Last edited by Dooditsglory; 01-06-2010 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: I am TOO talkative :D
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #677
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLucy View Post

Every day when I look in the mirror.
When I see photographs of myself.
When I'm out somewhere and someone wants to take a group photo and I realized (maybe) that I'm the one who's embarrassed about having a plate of food in front of me. You know, like people are really going to think that I don't eat?
When there is more in my closet that I cannot wear, than those that I can wear.
When my feet and lower back hurt after being on them for a minimal amount of time.
Every time I look at my thighs and think that I may as well give up because they are so stretched out of proportion that they'll probably NEVER look like human girl thighs ever again.

Do you need more?

Lucy
Aw Lucy

I feel that way all the time.About 80% of the clothes in my closet don't fit anymore and i have to wear the same clothes to work because only a select few fet.Its embarrassing! But you know what pretty soon all of us will be the hottest of LCFs! Just hang in there you have lost 5lbs already you are doing great!
Dooditsglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #678
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: KimmieG
Stats: (190)172/155/130 - Ht. 5' 2"
WOE: Atkins-getting back to goal!
Start Date: Restart 1/1 2010

Realizing that~

Im tired of feeling like crap (again.)
I am absent from all our family pic's because I hide from the camera.
I dont go anywhere because I have nothing to wear except stretchy pants and hoodies.
Having had 2 gestationally diabetic pregnancies and a strong family predisposition to Diabetes... I am headed there fast unless I lose this weight and keep it off.
KimmieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armystolehim04 View Post
My confirmation was my health.My blood pressure and pulse get really high when i don't eat low carb. So high to the point where i wake up in the middle of the night and can't breathe.Also my skin has calmed down immensly since starting Atkins again.

I am down 3lbs as of the 3rd day of Induction i am still having a hard time eating enough! Hopefully that gets better. I am getting my water in though.

I went to the oral surgeon today and i will have to get 5 teeth surgically removed. 4 wisdom teeth and another teeth that my wisdom tooth basically killed. So i will need to be looking up what i can do on a liquid diet i am thinking shakes. I know i won't be very hungry.But i am happy to have them removed because they are a pain in the butt! Everyone have a great LC day!
I have this problem too. I have also noticed that when I eat a "normal" diet, my face breaks out something terrible and the flatulence is ridiculous! I am happy to be back to eating LC...it seems to be the only plan that agrees with me.

Good morning All !! Since I have rejoined you all yesterday, I have stayed on plan. I thought it was going to be hard but I am happy and thankful the transition has been easy. I guess it really is mind over matter!

I am going to hit the gym today. I plan on getting on the treadmill and the elliptical or stair master...I will update when I return home.

I am off. I hope you all have a productive day!

Menu
B: 2 egg omelet w/spinach; green, red, yellow peppers; jalapenos; onions; tomatoes and jalapeno jack cheese
L: Broccoli, cheese, bacon casserole
D: Green beans, salmon
S: Strawberry protein smoothie
Old 01-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone!

I had my first Pilates class in forever and I feel really good but I don't think my legs work anymore. The instructor is great and I'm in a class of 2 (no class has more than 4) which is really nice. I'm looking forward to going back on Friday for more.

Eating breakfast now, going to Starbucks in a little while to catch up with a friend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 AM   #681
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Hey ya'll.

I'm here. Still working out and eating on plan...my body is SO sore. SO sore. If it weren't for SUADI, i would just not do it when i feel like this lol.
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #682
I'm his Princess

Thank God for SUADI!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #683

Gallery: SweetPoison2
Stats: 246/232/180
WOE: DASH Diet & HHCG
Start Date: June 09
Good morning!! Hope all is well and eating on plan!
SweetPoison2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #684
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Quote:
Thank God for SUADI!
yup!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BBWDALLAS
Stats: Tight/Loose/Fabulous!!!
WOE: Low Carb All The Way Baby!!!!
Start Date: 05/19/14
Quote:
Hey guys -

Another long day at work ... I get a few days off and don't have to be back til Saturday.

I used to Pilates and really liked it but quit because of time/money constraints. I wanted to get back into it again so I joined up with a studio (single instructor, small classes, no more than 4 students) and have my first class tomorrow morning. I signed up for 2 classes/week for this month. Go me!

Not sure if I posted my menu here or not but today I had:

B - cheesy eggs, sausage, coffee
L/S/D - Linda Sue's Rotel/cabbage/hamburger thing, 1/2 c yogurt flavored with Peach Torani and with 2 tb shredded coconut, 1/2 avocado

I had actually brought a few more things in my lunchbag but I've been fighting an upper respiratory thing and I'm just not hungry.

Night all!
Go you! Im happy for you Tiff...I never tried any of Linda Sue's recipes wich are your favorites
BBWDALLAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #686
Atkineer For Life

Gallery: godsbeloved79
Stats: 237/224/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/9/2014
Hello!!

Checking in! Eating on plan, still working on the exercise.

I need MY points; so I'll be getting busy soon!! Wishing you all well today!
godsbeloved79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #687
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPoison2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Hello!!

Good Stuff!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #688

Quote:
Morning everyone!

I had my first Pilates class in forever and I feel really good but I don't think my legs work anymore. The instructor is great and I'm in a class of 2 (no class has more than 4) which is really nice. I'm looking forward to going back on Friday for more.

Eating breakfast now, going to Starbucks in a little while to catch up with a friend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Nothing like a good ole fashion beat down in the gym! lol!! Enjoy Starbucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantyl03 View Post
Hey ya'll.

I'm here. Still working out and eating on plan...my body is SO sore. SO sore. If it weren't for SUADI, i would just not do it when i feel like this lol.
Feel better...I know that is easier said than done...that protein should help recover...

Quote:
Thank God for SUADI!
Right! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPoison2 View Post
I hope the same for you too!

Quote:
Go you! Im happy for you Tiff...I never tried any of Linda Sue's recipes wich are your favorites
Hey Stacy...I am not Tiff...obviously...lol but I have tried some of Linda Sue's recipes...and one in particular I love is the Mexican lasagne...and the pizza is tasty too. There are others I will let you know...HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsbeloved79 View Post
Hello!!

Sounds like a plan Lyn!!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #689
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: scrappychik
Stats: Goal 145
WOE: LC my way & exercise!
Start Date: Re-start 1/4/14
Quote:
I'm not Tiff, but I love many of Linda Sue's recipes!!! My faves are the White Castle Hamburger Pie, Make Me Stuffed Peppers, Chicken Divan and Jello Fluff
scrappychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #690
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: extrareserve
Stats: 182Hi/155 dec 28/142.4/120 (5'1")
WOE: VLC/ IF
Start Date: 2005/restart 12/28/09
Just sneaking in from work for a quick fly by. Good way to get fired!
I tend to miss the party during the day, but at least I'm half caught up now
The sun is shining here so I'll walk at lunch and work out this evening. I have meatballs, microwave cheese crisps and cottage cheese muffins to eat so I'm all set. If only the stupid scale would cooperate!!

cya later
Rachel
extrareserve is offline   Reply With Quote