Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:47 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Goodmorning

Sam..Jamacia!! nice.....when are you going back to the Windy City?

Sorry I have been MIA..worked 9 hours yesterday..another nine today and tomorrow but I am grateful for the job. The house in Arkansas still has not sold.. but we have high hopes it will.

I'm Still hanging in there...

Linda:haven't got on the scale for two days, maybe tomorrow..I don't want to know.

Vicky: No New Year's Resolution for me yet..although I would like to get back to the YMCA..in a swim arobics program, they just finished the new pool at our YMCA..

Have a GREAT day everyone

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2009, 05:35 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I was down 1.5 lbs at TOPS last night, Yahoo, under my goal wt again. Let's keep it that way.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Hi all! I'm in Jamaica but just wanted to check in.... I figured out how to get free internet by stealing it from a neighboring resort. Otherwise, it costs a fortune! I don't think I've ever been so happy to get internet!

I'm doing pretty well! Eating LC and feeling better, but a little crabby. Do the first few days of induction make you feel crabby? I think I've read about this on here before, about people being snappy and irritable the first few days. I'm sure this too shall pass

Hope you're all well. Any new year's resolutions planned?
Jamaica????? Where next? Have fun. My New Year adventure is that I ordered the P90X program. For those who don't know it do a google search and you will see an overview. I'm very excited. It should be here any day now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
Goodmorning
Linda:haven't got on the scale for two days, maybe tomorrow..I don't want to know.

Have a GREAT day everyone
Lizzie, I swear we are twins. I don't want to know either. I'm so tired of losing and gaining the same 10 lb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I was down 1.5 lbs at TOPS last night, Yahoo, under my goal wt again. Let's keep it that way.
Woohoo, there you go

Gibby, where you at?

Hey Liz

Have a safe and Happy New Year. We are going to First night in St. Petersburg with another couple.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 12-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Howdy everyone...I hope you have room for one more here...I love have a clean slate to start with...I love the LC plan and it works for me...DH is on track with me this time so we will see...Our first goal is Valentines Day...our first Anniversary...even though we in the older age group as my grandson say ...LOL....Vegas here we come again...LOL...Hope I will be fun for you all and I sure need all of your support...Thanks, Mary
Old 12-31-2009, 05:52 AM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Howdy everyone...I hope you have room for one more here...I love have a clean slate to start with...I love the LC plan and it works for me...DH is on track with me this time so we will see...Our first goal is Valentines Day...our first Anniversary...even though we in the older age group as my grandson say ...LOL....Vegas here we come again...LOL...Hope I will be fun for you all and I sure need all of your support...Thanks, Mary
Hey Mary, we are small but mighty. That's great that you have you hubby to do this with you. Feel free to tell us more about yourself and share whatever is on your mind. This is a listening, supportive group of caring people.

Gibby, come out, come out wherever you are.

Busy day ahead we are going to First night with the couple that had us over several weeks ago. Tomorrow Roger and I are going on a ride that is held by a Christian motorcycle group. They will meet at an area where they will have lunch and then someone testifies how God has changed their life and then a short ride. I'm looking forward to it and plan to start my New Year off including God. Roger went to this last year and he said it was very nice.

So, is everyone ready to kick off 2010 with a clean slate. I'm stealing this saying from a friend because I just love it and it is...................................

Hang on to your hats ladies because 2010 is going to be a wild ride.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:44 AM   #96
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Mary. I will be a newlywed come August and I am 50, so I will be right there with you. I am glad you found us, we always have room for more people to support and be supportive. Your stats show that you have been successful with this woe. Congrats.

Linda, so good to hear from you as always.

Lizzie, hang in there, the scale can be our worst enemy.

Gibby, it is time for a clean start you know. I want you here in Aug.

Sam, Liz, Yvonne, Judy, Lei where are you guys??
Old 12-31-2009, 09:16 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/336.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
I'm here! Thanks for missing me!

Mary!

The past is past, the future is ahead and today is "now". How about that?

Happy new year everyone!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Well that was a mighty good welcome girls...thanks...Happy New Year to all of you and I am with you on starting my year with God...I think He helps me alittle more than the DH but we want tell him that yet...LOL...I am 4' 11 and I have gained my weight back and I dont know why but now I am back on board and loving it....I am faithful to the plan so here I go...I am from Az...so no snow here but my heart is in Texas since that is my home and snow there late...go figure...lol...Yes I am newly married...and loving it....Lots of bumps in the road but always a survivor ....Widowed 2 times and divorced one so that is a long story...for another day ...but God has given me the man of my dreams and I love it....We have both had loses and I guess he knows who needs to be together..So here I am in Az...I am 4 11 and 1/2 so weight has to be spread out somewhere but I think I am cute as I can be for now LOLOL...laugh girls...I am...I will get your names all down I promise...Us Texas gals are pretty smart...sometimes...Yes I met my hubby online so there..and we crazy for each other....We will see.....Now back to my plan of action....first goal....Valentines Day...Drink lots of water....(have to in AZ...) Excercise with my Walk Away the Pounds. and stay of the plan....Now to go groc...shopping...I want DH to go along this time so he can find some things he will not cheat on and he is very good with the meats for the grill...Must go for now....but will return..Have a great day to all of you .....Mary
Old 12-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary, where are you in Arizona? I live in the Phoenix area.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Gibby....I am in Glendale...I have only been here for 1 1/2 yrs...but my DH is from here..I am from Texas oringinally...lol but I am here to stay....Just got in from shopping at Costco....Wow! Everyone is there....But I got plenty toi get serious here...My DH got alot of meat ready for the grill...How Sweet!...( guess I will have to be sweet too now )..I need to fix my stats again I guess..Start over...sad but true and now I will get in back....I am on my way....
Old 12-31-2009, 02:31 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Vicky...I was in TOPS too in Texas...it was good for me...I might have to find one here in Az..I loved Monday night weigh ins they really kept me in check...I was good at that...
Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Sam is where LOL...having fun we hope....Hey I just went across town the other night and had fun...I am ready for summer vacation ...did I spell that right lol..Going to VEGAS in Feb...hopefully with DH for anniversary...so that will help...Alaska is on the plans for the summer mmmmm ???? We had so many plans but a bump in the road when you have a grandson dropped in you lap to take care of but my DH is so wonderful we will manage...Well must go and just relax awhile then I need to get my Walk Away the Pounds tapes out and get moving....Have fun all.....
Old 12-31-2009, 05:40 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Mary, I live in Sun City - we're neighbors!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Hi there everyone! I have been lurking for a week or two..so I thought I would take the plunge and introduce myself.

My name is Lorrie..I live in Las Vegas Nevada. I am 43 yrs old and the mother of 2 (ages 12 and 13). I have been playing the yo-yo game game bouncing from 183 to 190..then THAT morning came.. I saw the 200pound number staring at me on the scale. Eeegads! I had thought to wait till New Years to start LC..but the 200 scared the heck out of me. So..I have been eating LC for the last 10 days (it was murder threw the holidays..lol)

Today was my First day adding excersize to my day in years..I walked 1 mile. It felt good to accomplish some excersize..I am a smoker and along with my weight my lungs probably hate me..but thats another topic. It felt god to take deep breaths of the fresh air.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning from your experience.

Lorrie200

200 December 21, 2009
197 December 31, 2009
Old 12-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Lorrie, so glad to have you here. We are a supportive group.

Mary, if you are from TX and DH is from AZ, did you guys meet online?? My fiance' and I met on Match but we are only 25 miles apart thank goodness. In fact, he lives in the town where I graduated from HS. Oh, I hope you do find a TOPS there. I like it for the accountability and that is the only time I weigh. I put my scale in the basement here so I am not tempted to jump on it every day.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Lorrie, I LOVE LasVegas. My boyfriend and I have been there 4 times and almost went there this year at Christmas but he wasn't feeling well so we decided not to go. We had a great price for a room at the Luxor which we've stayed at before. We've stayed at the Mirage, The Luxor, Ceasar's Palace and Treausure Island and I like the Luxor the best. Jump right in.

Last edited by DENMW; 12-31-2009 at 08:26 PM..
Old 12-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Gibby...I worked over that way last semester and bought groceries at Frys...wow..Hey we are close...LOL...that is interesting....I worked at Dysart School district...now have moved to Washington Elementary.... Well had a nice quite evening with my DH watching movies and now almost time for the New Year to be here....Will be back in 2010 and ready to get this weight thing going....Mary
Old 12-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Vicki...yes we did meet online and we are so happy....We were 740 miles from each other....lol...but we found each other and are doing great.... I will look into TOPS again ...if I find a good group I will enjoy it...it does help me alot..

Oh Linda...we love Las Vegas too..I havent been as much as you but I liked it...Goit married there on Valentines and it was wonderful...we are trying to go this Val...too...
Old 01-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Good morning ..A New Day and a New Year!!! I have the week off and time to re-group PTL!!

Mary & Lorrie
Old 01-01-2010, 05:19 AM   #110
Blabbermouth!!!

A chilly -4 here this morning. Fiance and I and kids were planning on sledding today. But, high of 10, we may go on to plan B, whatever that may be.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:46 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Oh Wow!!

You guys are very chatty!

Welcome to all the new people (Lorrie and Mary)!

Got back from Jamaica last night and basically did nothing for New Year's. At first it made me feel like I was pathetic (and I was tempted to throw on some outfit and meet my friends out at 11:30pm), but then I decided.... if this year is going to be about "me" (which I intend it to be), who cares what I'm doing tonight? I can go to bed at a decent hour and have a totally non-hungover day tomorrow and be productive and happy just the same. So I did. And I am . Starting with catching up on LCF and my emails.

I'm planning on working out, in about 20 minutes. I'm forcing myself. I don't want to do it at all, but I know how good it feel afterwards. I'm also joining a gym and have been emailing girls I know who are members there about taking classes together (I'm scared to go alone, at least at first!). New gyms intimidate me greatly until I get into my groove... but anyway! Obviously, most important is eating, and naturally, I'm going out to dinner "and drinks" with my friends tonight. First challenge! Of many, I'm sure. Hopefully can get a burger with coleslaw and ignore the bun. I need to get back to simple, meat-centered meals.

Ok, off to be productive!

Happy 2010 everyone!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy New Year! Please, Lord, may it be a good one!

Welcome home Sam! Lorrie!

I am feeling very positive today - the usual euphoria on the first of the year. I got on the scale for my wake up call and marked it on my calendar. For breakfast I had 3 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs, coffee with sweetner and a little HWC! Lunch today will be a big hamburger and dinner is steak.

At Thanksgiving when the turkey prices were so low, I picked up a turkey. It is defrosting and I will roast it this weekend so I can have it for lunches next week (and beyond)!

I stopped at my favorite meat market yesterday. They stock Iowa corn feed beef and pork (just like when I visit you Vicki - Lorrie and Mary, Vicki is my niece) and I stocked up on pork chops, bacon, steak and ground beef.

I want to let you all know that I appreciate you. I appreciate this thread, as it still has it's main purpose being focusing on weight loss and the challenges involved; emotional eating, cravings, etc.

Have a wonderful day, everyone and I'll talk to you later!

Marilee
Old 01-01-2010, 12:22 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Happy New Year! Please, Lord, may it be a good one!

Welcome home Sam! Lorrie!

I am feeling very positive today - the usual euphoria on the first of the year. I got on the scale for my wake up call and marked it on my calendar. For breakfast I had 3 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs, coffee with sweetner and a little HWC! Lunch today will be a big hamburger and dinner is steak.

At Thanksgiving when the turkey prices were so low, I picked up a turkey. It is defrosting and I will roast it this weekend so I can have it for lunches next week (and beyond)!

I stopped at my favorite meat market yesterday. They stock Iowa corn feed beef and pork (just like when I visit you Vicki - Lorrie and Mary, Vicki is my niece) and I stocked up on pork chops, bacon, steak and ground beef.

I want to let you all know that I appreciate you. I appreciate this thread, as it still has it's main purpose being focusing on weight loss and the challenges involved; emotional eating, cravings, etc.

Have a wonderful day, everyone and I'll talk to you later!
You can do it Gibby. Don't give up.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

New challenge link below.

A Clean Slate~~~January
Old 01-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lorrie200
Stats: 201.5/164.8/159.9
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: August 12th 2010
Thanks for the warm Welcome! Happy New Year to you All !

Yipppeee! Today I stepped on the scale and it read 195.7. I actually had to weigh myself two times because I wasent sure it was true..Since yesterday was 197.7. I had started to get frustrated..with 2 weeks down and a low lose of 2.3pnds. Needless to say..I am encouraged once again. Maybe the walk yesterday helped. At least thats what I am going to tell myself..so that I will be sure to walk again..lol

Hope you are all having a Wonderful LC day!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone...Welcome Lorrie...Love Vegas...Was talking about there this morning with DH ....and Happy New Years day to Sam, Vicki, Giddy,Lorrie, Linda and Slim...now if I missed you I will fine you... Just relaxing today..Made Chef salad for us today and going to grill steaks tonight with a side veggie...so that is out of the way..I want to try and get my Walking away the pounds going sometime today also... Waiting to get on the scales but I know that I am doing ok....feeling great....and it seems everyone else is doing great here too....I love that...

Ok...You know my name ...Mary...lol now from there....I live in Az. but still that Texas gal as I have said.....I have 2 sons 39 and 21 and 3 grandsons...the oldest is 17 now living with us...(new for us but have a wonderful DH that is very understanding) I have been widowed 2 times , divorced once...(sad) and now I am married to my DH that I metl online and we are so happy....All together I have been married along time...LOL...I work for an elementary school district here as a floater the foodservice department so I am able to be off at nights, weekends and the summer...Sorta semi retired type job I guess you could say but it is ok...I am 4 11 and 1/2 haha...so I am short...YES...but I am fun...I hope...I love to laugh alot but I am the one that you can depend on to be serious when needed...Oh I am 59 ...OMG...just this month...but I think 39 sounds better...haha..I want to lose this weight for my health and I love live...even thought I have walked thur some trials ...God has been there thur it all.....So that is me...I am here for support, and be your support and a new friend....Mary
Old 01-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lorrie, Mary, so glad you are here but we are not

HERE IS OUR JANUARY THREAD

A Clean Slate~~~January
Old 01-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Ok...Who moved..? mmmmmm I see the new thread...
Old 06-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

I ended up being a fat bride in March 2012. New house in 2-2013. Didn't have to worry about his kids and bedrooms either.
Closed Thread