Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Liz, confessions are good for the soul.

It sounds as though we are in for another wintery mix starting tomorrow and into Friday. Rain, freezing drizzle, ice, and snow. Thanks goodness my family is close by and I don't have to travel. I did invite my fiance's parents and brother to dinner on Christmas along with my parents and brother, we will see what happens.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi everyone, I started to say healthylowcarbinthen I realized it was you

I'm beat so I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
VICKI~
Quote:
I did invite my fiance's parents and brother to dinner on Christmas along with my parents and brother, we will see what happens.
WOW....FIANCE?!?!?!?!? CONGRATS!!!! I didn't know SG had moved up from boyfriend to FIANCE!!! YAY!!!!
So, have you set a date?? How long have you been engaged??? I'm SO excited for you!!!!!!!! DETAILS PLEASE!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 06:41 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

I wondered if anyone would catch it LOL. We talked about getting married a few weeks ago, but wanted to tell the kids first. So, Friday night we told them. We are looking at Aug. 7th since we both are employed at schools. I didn't want July, he didn't want May due to our first marriages occuring in those months, so, that left June and Aug.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:30 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
I wondered if anyone would catch it LOL. We talked about getting married a few weeks ago, but wanted to tell the kids first. So, Friday night we told them. We are looking at Aug. 7th since we both are employed at schools. I didn't want July, he didn't want May due to our first marriages occuring in those months, so, that left June and Aug.
OMG, CONGRATULATIONS. That's wonderful!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:39 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm off today and need to get the cleaning done and go to the laundromat as my dryer won't be fixed until tomorrow. I teach spin class tonight again subbing for someone so that always helps me stay on track. My plan is to stay on track even through Christmas. Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back during break. Oh, and I updated my stats and I'm not happy but I just have to make a positive move in the right direction and let that teach me the lesson that once again "you play with fire, you get burned".
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 12-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Merry Christmas everyone!

Congratulations Vicki! I'm so glad that you found someone special to share your life with.

Not much to report - I love this time of year, but part of me will be glad when all of the temptations are gone and things can get back to normal - what ever that is

Have a wonderful time with all of your loved ones - stay safe!

TTYL
Old 12-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Hi everyone, I started to say healthylowcarbinthen I realized it was you

I'm beat so I'll check in tomorrow.
oops sorry for the confusion. I asked to change my name because the other name is on all of my email addys. I refer people IRL to this site and I'd rather some of them not know the depths of my food insanity.:blush:

Quote:
I am so happy for you! OMG
Are you planning a small or big wedding? Are you planning to wear a long white dress? How incredible that you are at GOAL WEIGHT and you've met a wonderful man to share your life with. You so deserve all of that and more!

How did the kids take the news? I bet they were thrilled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
I'm off today and need to get the cleaning done and go to the laundromat as my dryer won't be fixed until tomorrow. I teach spin class tonight again subbing for someone so that always helps me stay on track. My plan is to stay on track even through Christmas. Hope everyone has a great day. I'll check back during break. Oh, and I updated my stats and I'm not happy but I just have to make a positive move in the right direction and let that teach me the lesson that once again "you play with fire, you get burned".
I know you'll stay on track Did you decide on your Xmas menu?

I got a prime rib roast at target on sale for $6.99 per lb. I've never cooked one before but I'm hoping it will turn out well. If anyone has any tips/tricks please share

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

Congratulations Vicki! I'm so glad that you found someone special to share your life with.

Not much to report - I love this time of year, but part of me will be glad when all of the temptations are gone and things can get back to normal - what ever that is

Have a wonderful time with all of your loved ones - stay safe!

TTYL
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Gibby and to everyone else as well.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS To Ms. Sam.....where are you Sam??? Missing your posts! I hope you're doing well
Old 12-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, I am not sure about a dress yet. I expect we will have an afternoon wedding at the chapel in his church with the reception at the church. Neither one of us drinks, so there isn't any point of having the reception someplace else. I don't think I will wear a wedding gown, besides, I don't like today's look of sleeveless anyways. We do have a bridal shop in our small town and I plan to take a look there. Maybe a Mother-of-the-bride dress will do.

I am thinking that our kids will stand up for us. Unfortunately, my middle son will probably be deployed and won't be able to make it. That leaves my oldest 25 yr old and youngest 10 yr old standing up for me.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #70
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
*sneaks in*

Merry Christmas ladies, hope you all have a wonderful, joyous holiday season, enjoying your friends and families

((((Sam, Linda, Liz))))

((all the rest of the gang))

*sneaks back out*
Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
AWW LEI!!! Merry Christmas to you as well! How are you?!

Liz- I didn't even notice the name change until Linda pointed it out. I didn't know you could do that! I kinda want to now How are you doing in terms of eating on plan now?

Linda- How are you doing my dear? I think it's great that you updated your stats.... and honestly, you aren't up that much! Could have been way worse!

Vicki-- OMG!!! CONGRATS!!! That is so great for you. It seems like just a few months ago you were just meeting him (obviously it's been longer than that), but I can't believe how quickly time flies! And how long I have known you! Go you!!!! I want pictures!!! OF EVERYTHING. Thanks

I'm still away (Cali). Having ridiculous times... many awkward moments, many new adventures, socializing, seeing old friends, staying at "that guys" house with his entire family (SO BIZARRE). Tonight is my last night and I'm in a hotel because I cannot afford another night of little to no sleep. I'm exhausted and drained in both bad and good ways.... Shortly after I'm home I go out of town again. January... back here with a vengeance!

Love you all!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GIBBY~ your avatar pix is gorgeous! Is that your living room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_gal View Post
*sneaks in*

Merry Christmas ladies, hope you all have a wonderful, joyous holiday season, enjoying your friends and families

((((Sam, Linda, Liz))))

((all the rest of the gang))

*sneaks back out*
LEI~Hey there Lei!!! Thank you for the lovely holiday wishes...back at ya! I'm so glad you snuck it it was like an early Christmas gift. I hope you get a chance to sneak back in SOON

Quote:
Liz, I am not sure about a dress yet. I expect we will have an afternoon wedding at the chapel in his church with the reception at the church. Neither one of us drinks, so there isn't any point of having the reception someplace else. I don't think I will wear a wedding gown, besides, I don't like today's look of sleeveless anyways. We do have a bridal shop in our small town and I plan to take a look there. Maybe a Mother-of-the-bride dress will do.

I am thinking that our kids will stand up for us. Unfortunately, my middle son will probably be deployed and won't be able to make it. That leaves my oldest 25 yr old and youngest 10 yr old standing up for me.
VICKI~
I thought I was the only one that didn't like the sleeveless look. I think it looks nice on other people but I'm not too happy with my arms and would prefer to cover them:blush: When I went looking for my wedding dress I found only ONE that had sleeves! Fortunately it was a dress that I loved. It was meant to be

Awww..sorry that your oldest won't be able to make it. Do you plan to videotape it so he can see it later?
Do you have any daughters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
AWW LEI!!! Merry Christmas to you as well! How are you?!

Liz- I didn't even notice the name change until Linda pointed it out. I didn't know you could do that! I kinda want to now How are you doing in terms of eating on plan now?

Linda- How are you doing my dear? I think it's great that you updated your stats.... and honestly, you aren't up that much! Could have been way worse!

Vicki-- OMG!!! CONGRATS!!! That is so great for you. It seems like just a few months ago you were just meeting him (obviously it's been longer than that), but I can't believe how quickly time flies! And how long I have known you! Go you!!!! I want pictures!!! OF EVERYTHING. Thanks

I'm still away (Cali). Having ridiculous times... many awkward moments, many new adventures, socializing, seeing old friends, staying at "that guys" house with his entire family (SO BIZARRE). Tonight is my last night and I'm in a hotel because I cannot afford another night of little to no sleep. I'm exhausted and drained in both bad and good ways.... Shortly after I'm home I go out of town again. January... back here with a vengeance!

Love you all!
SAM~
Hey there Ms. Sam...glad to see you posting I noticed other people changing their user names before. I just sent a pm to the mods and they kindly changed it for me within a few hours.

Was this your first trip to California? Where are you going in Jan? I wish you were coming to our area.

I've been doing well with my woe since my sugary melt-down. I've got a table full of "goodies" that aren't even tempting me. I've been drinking muscle milk lite chocolate shakes (100 cals) and they really seem to fill me up and keep me on track.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extraordinary View Post
Hi ladies ladies . I'm working my fourth twelve hour shift of the week tonight so I've been super zonked this week. Still holding steady at 209 but I know the scale WILL move eventually. I've had some higher carb days (35ish) and way too much diet soda this week but I have stayed on plan except for a bowl of heavenly homemade tomato soup from my coworker brought me and an atkin bar which always stall me.

Liz - I love being this tall I can get away with gaining a few pounds without anyone noticing. Minding pants is pretty easy if you know where to go and are willing to spend the money. No growing up in the 80's that's when things were tough. And I'm a nurse too. I work in the MICU.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan!
SHEENA~ I hope you're doing ok. I vividly recall my days of long shifts. I usually worked 7p-7a a couple of times during the week and two 16 hour shifts on the weekend. It took a toll on me and I had to cut the 16 hour shifts down.
Are you working for Xmas and New Years? I usually offered to work because I didn't have kids and I liked the extra pay.

LINDA~ How's it going? Are you STILL cleaning???
Old 12-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Liz, I don't have any daughters but fiance has two: 16 and 11. I just made an appt. to look at dressed on Jan. 2 at the bridal place here in town.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Liz, I don't have any daughters but fiance has two: 16 and 11. I just made an appt. to look at dressed on Jan. 2 at the bridal place here in town.
YAY! that is exciting AND an excellent incentive to stay on track during the holidays

Good luck on your dress search...I hope you find a beautiful gown that is clearance priced
Old 12-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[GIBBY~[/U][/B] your avatar pix is gorgeous! Is that your living room?

I wish! I didn't even put my tree up this year. It's brand new pre-lit and still in the box it came in in the garage. I did put a few things out, but for some reason, Christmas got away from me this year.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:55 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy birthday, Jesus!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 07:00 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Let the eating begin LOL. I made several goodies for me to eat. But one, Coconut Shortbread that was made primarily from vanilla Whey protein was acky and went into the trash. I made broccoli salad, LC pumpkin cheesecake, layered green and red SF jello molded salad, turkey, ham, rolls, and my mother is bringing hashbrown casserole and I baked a real cherry pie (Sarah Lee) for fiance.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone is having a joyful and blessed Christmas.

I just read something that someone posted and wanted to share because it really resonated with me

Emgee (a new poster in ML) posted:
Quote:
The danger isn't the relapse. The danger is that relapse becomes a reason for quitting. That negative self talk is really you giving yourself permission to fail in disguise. Addiction is a clever beast. Give it a swift kick in the butt and move on stronger and wiser.

VICKI~ your dinner sounds great. Although I must admit that cherry pie is one of the very few sweets I could easily resist. I wish my DH loved that.
How do you make your broccoli salad?

& to everybody
Old 12-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE..................Congrats on your engagement Vickie
Old 12-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE..................Congrats on your engagement Vickie
Lizzie,you found us.

Liz, greart quote. I'm going to copy that one down. So many times I get afraid of the word "relapse" but that quote helps a lot.

Vicki, wish we could all come for dinner. It was wayyyy too quiet here. Roger & I did get to go out for a ride on the motorcycle when the weather cleared up. We listened toChristmas music and now just finished a nice lowcarb ribeye steak dinner. I'm satisfied and kind of glad we didn't have to have the sugary desserts around. We are going to watch the movie Four Christmases now. Later.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where is everyone??? It's lonely here. Roger and I had a very quiet day, just the 2 of us. I was fighting the depression of not having family around and tried to remember the real reason for the season but as a dear friend pointed out, we are human and those feelings are real. I did OK but today I am really depressed. I went to the gym this morning and did 30 min on the elliptical and am going to do a little cleaning. My plan for today is 3 shakes w/chia seeds and a lowcarb dinner. Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

I did a 45 minute spinning class this morning at the Y and fiance and my parents were there. Eating leftovers today, turkey, ham, broccoli salad, LC pumpkin pie and cookies, SF jello, veggies.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning all. Time for a new avatar pic I guess. Another frosty morning here but the sun is shining. I have sewer problems and Roto Rooter couldn't fix them yesterday with the snake so now they will be back today with the jet. I had the sewer replaced two years ago too. I have 250 feet of line to the main sewer. When fiance and I buy a different house, we will be looking at where the house is situated to the main sewer line.♠
Old 12-27-2009, 07:43 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning all. Time for a new avatar pic I guess. Another frosty morning here but the sun is shining. I have sewer problems and Roto Rooter couldn't fix them yesterday with the snake so now they will be back today with the jet. I had the sewer replaced two years ago too. I have 250 feet of line to the main sewer. When fiance and I buy a different house, we will be looking at where the house is situated to the main sewer line.♠
Hi Vicki, new house??? That will be nice. Sorry to hear about your sewer problems.

to everyone

I'm not doing well with my eati ng but today's a new day. I'm not even getting near the scale but I know one thing, if I don't get a grip today I'll be in big trouble. I'm staying positive and planning for a good day. I've logged in my food in *********** and am praying to stick to it.

Menu
M1 - bl. coffee, 1 EAS shake w/1 T chia seeds
M2 - 1 EAS shake w/1 T chia seeds
M3 - 1 EAS shake
M4 - 5 oz. chicken, green beans w/1 T butter, romaine & cucumber salad, 1 T evoo
to stay on plan
Old 12-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Linda, after we get married and combine families, we will need a bigger house. We will have 4 kids minimum who will need rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a bigger kitchen. So, I expect I can be putting my place up for sale next summer. Of course, this is pending fiance selling his townhouse and us deciding which town to live in.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Hi all! I'm in Jamaica but just wanted to check in.... I figured out how to get free internet by stealing it from a neighboring resort. Otherwise, it costs a fortune! I don't think I've ever been so happy to get internet!

I'm doing pretty well! Eating LC and feeling better, but a little crabby. Do the first few days of induction make you feel crabby? I think I've read about this on here before, about people being snappy and irritable the first few days. I'm sure this too shall pass

Hope you're all well. Any new year's resolutions planned?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Sam, Jamaica, what the hey????

Roto Rooter finally made it here with the jet today. It was grease way down by the manhole, go figure.

New Year's Resolution: reorganize, downsize, declutter to make room for another adult this summer. :-)
Closed Thread