Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onmyway
Stats: 208/198/152
WOE: Low Carb with Weekends Off
Start Date: 10/26/2009
Anyone Interested in Low Carb with Weekends Off?

I have done low carb before but after about 4 wks, I always get very weak and tired and end up going off plan and can't seem to get back on. I don't feel it's something I can do strictly every single day for the rest of my life.

So,I thought, I'd try things a little differently this time. Here's what I'm doing and so far it's working. I'm averaging a little over 3 pounds per week thus far:

* Mon-Fri I eat 20 carbs or less/day
* Sat/Sun I allow myself extra carbs. I DO NOT go crazy and eat outrageous portions of processed carbs and tons of sweets. I also keep my portions normal and only eat until I am no longer hungry. If I want pizza or cake I will eat it, but I don't eat 5 slices or half a cake either.

This is working very well for me for two reasons:
1) I get to eat delicious low-carb foods all week and don't feel deprived
2) I know if I really want something that is higher in carbs, I can have it on the weekends so that helps me strictly stick to 20 carbs or less during the week.

I have had no trouble getting right back on the wagon come Monday mornings either. I'm very pleased with this WOE for me. Now, I know I will get flack from folks who think it's crazy to go "off -plan" on weekends and will say that this will never work. I completely understand where you're coming from and I know this may not work for everyone, but I'm choosing it for me. I've done low carb more than once in my life and I know how my body personally works. So far, this is working for me and I love it.

Anyone else want to try this with me? I'm love to have a little support group of "Weekend Off" friends!
onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: onmyway
Stats: 208/198/152
WOE: Low Carb with Weekends Off
Start Date: 10/26/2009
Just wanted to say, I'm very pleased. This is the end of my 3rd week and I'm down 10 lbs. I will be very happy if I can just keep up the weight loss at 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. I don't need to lose it fast, I just need to lose it.
onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
sjs
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sjs
WOE: cyclical ketogenic diet - 10g carbs mon-fri
hi there
I'm glad I read this because I have a similar outlook. I'll be a weekend off friend! I don't take every weekend off but like you, I stick to 10-20 carbs per day and instead of falling off the wagon every so often, because low carb can get tiring and very monotonous (to the point of being so bored, I don't want to bother eating) I schedule in a specific cheat day/evening/ weekend. To be honest I don't weigh myself, I go by size. I've done low carb before so I know it works but I still feel guilty when I have a day off or so. On the other hand, I feel it's better to schedule in a day off rather than it happen by accident.

I've got to take a weekend off this weekend. I've a wedding to go to and a rare weekend away with my partner. It's also a pretty anti-social diet so I feel that it's good for me to take time off. I still feel bad though that I'm not making as much headway on losing the weight. I'm impatient though. I know it works and I'll get slim again, it's just a neurotic diet isn't it? I feel better on low carb, it's very balanced but it's the monotony that is it's downfall I think. So I can see the point in having a weekend off.

Do you find it knocks you out of ketosis? I find that first week getting INTO it the toughest-do you find you have to go over that again and again or after a while, is it easier to get back on track?

sjs
sjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #4
sjs
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sjs
WOE: cyclical ketogenic diet - 10g carbs mon-fri
Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
Just wanted to say, I'm very pleased. This is the end of my 3rd week and I'm down 10 lbs. I will be very happy if I can just keep up the weight loss at 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. I don't need to lose it fast, I just need to lose it.
just wondering how this is going for you now after some time? I do 10g carbs mon-fri and eat carbs I want weekends. I also workout mon-fri. I think it's going ok and of course, it's a cyclical ketogenic diet.

How have you found this diet over a longer time?
sjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Im planning on doing this when I get down to maintainance. Mostly because i ready like LC food, and the couple of times I've sneaked a taste of carb food, I havent enjoyed it all that much anyway

I am also interested in the question re getting back into ketosis
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote