Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   KEEP ON KEEPING ON ~~~NOVEMBER (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/644933-keep-keeping-november.html)

Parisfox 11-03-2009 10:45 AM

KEEP ON KEEPING ON ~~~NOVEMBER

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...Bs/hello-3.gif.....My weight was the same this morning as yesterday. I had begun to wonder if it was ever going to stop going UP.

I guess I'll start a thread for November and hope more people will stop by....

Gibby & Lizzie...You are right....It's WAY too quiet in here.

Yesterday’s Menu:
L: 3-Egg Cheese Omelet
D: Chicken thigh & drumstick

Gotta go to the laundromat soon. I bought a new comforter and need to wash it. They are so stiff when new that I always wash the "sizing" out of them before using. It softens them up nicely.

KUTGW, everyone....and http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a.../greatday2.gif

Gibby 11-03-2009 11:58 AM

Yea, I got in!

Samantha42 11-03-2009 02:20 PM

Lei, just when I think you've disappeared you peak your little face in!!!! NOW STOP LEAVIIIIING. :blush:

I'm doing well. Eating VLC and feeling much better, though my sleep is TERRIBLE and I'm in a tired fog.

Losing weight! Down to 186.4 today. I know that's good, but I still wish it were faster. The first few weeks are supposed to be fantastic and I'm just averaging average :rolleyes:.

vli1127 11-03-2009 03:03 PM

Great pic Gibby.

Hi all, not much to report.

Gibby 11-03-2009 03:04 PM

Thanks! Looking old :annoyed:

DENMW 11-04-2009 03:48 AM

Marking my spot. I'll be back later.

slimlizzie 11-04-2009 04:41 AM

:hiya: Good morning girls
Hmmm..cheese omlet that sounds good to me Judy think I will start my day with one.

Parisfox 11-04-2009 08:12 AM

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...Bs/Morning.jpg..........I was DOWN 0.8 of a lb this morning. I had just one meal yesterday. I sure hope I don't have to always have just one meal a day to lose and not gain. I could probably handle it until maintenance, but it's not really what I'd like to be able to settle into as a WOL.

Yesterday’s Menu:
L: Wasn’t hungry
D: T-Bone Steak

Here's Today's Meditation.

Gibby....Glad you made it in...sorry about that link error. That's a great picture. You should be happy with it. You look great!! :up: "I" am NOT photogenic. Most pics of me are terrible....so I avoid cameras unless I'm behind them taking the pictures. :laugh: I decided I didn't mind getting or looking old when it dawned on me that it just proves I didn't die young. :kicking:

Washed my car this morning. It's beautiful out there and will be nice for the next week or so. Gotta enjoy this while it lasts. Gotta get my rear in gear.....lots to do today. Going to the library for sure to pick up a book that's on hold.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...0BBs/gif10.gif

Gibby 11-04-2009 08:21 AM

Good morning!

I'm here at work so I can't stay long. Here is what I plan on eating today:

B-polish sausage (I know! too lazy to cook bacon and eggs)
L-chicken breast
D-hamburger patty with lettuce salad with EVOO and vinegar
S-if hungry-Atkins shake.

TTYL!

vli1127 11-04-2009 02:31 PM

Lizzie, where is your pic taken?

slimlizzie 11-04-2009 03:31 PM

Vickie..the pic was taken last December in Wisconsin at Walmart parking lot..that is me and my grandson ( he is the taller one )we had about 30 inches of snow..Looks like we are on the moon!! :hyst:

And now I am living here and so grateful to be with my family and friends..Just really need to sell that lake home in Arkansas..wish I could afford to keep it but no can do!!

Parisfox 11-05-2009 09:37 AM

Good morning.....I ate more than usual yesterday (albeit all on-plan foods) and am UP 0.8 of a lb this morning.....so I'm right back to Monday's weight. So....I guess calories DO count....at least for me. I don't know why, but I was hungry all day. I guess I needed more protein than I've been getting with one meal a day. So now what? I'll just have to experiment and see what happens. Next week I'm going to try adding back a protein shake at lunch. Maybe that will do it....although I don't like them nearly as well in the cold weather as I do in the hot weather.

My son likes my new Honda so well, and I got such a good deal on it, that now he wants me to find him a car. He works 12 hour days a LOT so he doesn't have nearly as much time as I do. Here's hoping I can find something he'll like at a good price.

Have a great day, everyone....and Keep On Keepin' On!! :kicking:

slimlizzie 11-06-2009 12:46 PM

I am up like 3 lbs!!!:eek:

Samantha42 11-06-2009 03:24 PM

I'm sick and barely eating :annoyed: But losing weight by default!

Was 181 today... which is, um, miraculous given that 4 days ago I was 186 and a few weeks ago I was 192ish. I'm sure it won't stick, but I'm hoping if I keep LCing as I get better it shouldn't result in a gain... right? :dunno: AND how long have I been talking about the 170s?!?! YEARS. YEARS!!!!

Linda, Liz, Lei.... :hiya: HULLLOOOO??

slimliz-- sorry to hear about the 3 pounds... just know it's temporary! Nobody can truly gain that much weight overnight!

Hi everyone else! :high5:

vli1127 11-06-2009 04:26 PM

Take care of yourself Sam, I hope the wt loss stays off. It never seems like it does as a result of being sick though ARGH.

Slim, hang in there.

Judy, you are so diligent with your postings.

I am ready for the wknd, it is supposed to be beautiful. Son and I are going to a state park and hike after his fb game.

Parisfox 11-07-2009 07:37 AM

Good morning.....Beautiful day here today. High of 72*. It's already 52*....and the sun is shinning. I was DOWN just 0.4 of a lb, but that's better than UP so I'm happy.

My thoughts and prayers are with the survivors in Texas....and with the family and friends of both the survivors and the deceased. I watched a LOT about this on the news channels yesterday and it's really looking like this guy is a jihadist. His postings on radical islam websites praising suicide (homicide) bombers and some stuff they have found are pretty indicative of that. They have been aware of some of his suspicious activities for the last 6 months or so. It's too bad he was even allowed to stay in the army.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimlizzie (Post 12709254)
I am up like 3 lbs!!!:eek:

Hang in there, Lizzie.....I HATE when that happens, but you know that if it went on really fast, IF you stick to your plan it will come right back off. So just do what you KNOW you need to do and it WILL happen.

Samantha....I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is not a nice way to lose weight. :cry:

Vicki....Enjoy your hike. That sounds like fun.

I have a pretty busy day ahead....but I'll definitely be on plan. All my eating will be at home and/or at Sheri's where I can stay on plan with no problem.

Gotta run.....Have a great day....Work your plan and your plan will work. WCBL......

Parisfox 11-08-2009 07:43 AM

Just time for a quick check-in. It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL day here today. 72* just like yesterday. Then it's back to the 50s & 60s for the rest of the week. I'm going to a play at one of our "little" theaters this afternoon with my neighbor. Will be a nice time.....She gets "free" tickets which makes it even nicer.

Have a great day everyone.....I need to get to the store. WCBL or I'll see ya tomorrow!!!

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...72d97e64d7.gif..........http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...nSnowman-1.jpg

Parisfox 11-09-2009 05:10 AM

Good morning. Weight is holding this morning. This is such a slow process on the way down, but it sure is easy to put on 3 or 4 lbs eating just one meal off plan. Not fair!! Of course, who said life would be fair?? At least this WOE is healthier and MUCH easier. I was on plan yesterday and will be again today. I am going to have either a protein shake or chicken soup for lunch....and meat or eggs for dinner this week and see if that works better.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: 1 & 1/2 cups chicken soup (chicken broth, cubed chicken breast, spices)
D: 6 oz. Ribeye
Decaf Coffee & Tea

Here's Today's Meditation....and it's a really good one!!

Gotta run.....Have a great day, everyone. Weather is supposed to be very nice all week. WCBL....

Parisfox 11-10-2009 05:40 AM

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...HELLOMOUSE.gif.............WHERE IS EVERYONE?????.....http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...isEveryone.gif

I was DOWN some this morning. Whew!! About time. Today will be on plan again. Hopefully, more down tomorrow.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: 5.5 oz. leftover Ribeye
D: 8 oz. Ribeye; 1 cup chicken soup

It's going to be another nice day today. Sunny and pleasant temps.

Hugs to everyone who needs one....Congrats to those who are doing well. KUTGW.....WCBL

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...72d97e64d7.gif..........http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/a...nSnowman-1.jpg

slimlizzie 11-10-2009 06:31 AM

Good morning all..

I have lost that 3 lbs..:clap:
but have been having Blood Presure problems over the weekend...Oh that makes me nervous:cry: My Doc in Arkansas said he thought I was salt sensitive and that is why it went up to like 146/94...but when he took it it was 117/76
Sunday it was 156/96 at about 8am then went down to 122/75 by noon drank lots of water and chicken soup to get rid of the water retention. I plan on monitering it for a few days before going to my Doc here.

I went to a Zumba class last night it was so fun..going again Wed.talk about arobics!!

Sam I do hope you are feeling better do you have the dreaded S flu?
:hiya:Vickie & Gibby
Linda..how are the hungries coming along?
Judy..sounds like you are doing good.Thanksgiving is coming soon.

Have a good one!:)

Samantha42 11-10-2009 07:39 AM

Slim-- I'm feeling so much better. It's amazing! Not sure if I had the flu or H1N1 or what, but it only lasted a couple days and it's almost completely gone.

So far the weight has stuck! Was 180.2 today... I AM GOING TO BE IN THE 170's tomorrow!!!!!!!!! If I have to starve myself tod...just kidding. I'm still eating. But I'm very excited for it and can't wait!

I could probably go run a few miles and sweat out the 0.4 pounds to get to the 170s, but I'm still not really feeling like exercising yet :blush: Soon, maybe.

slimlizzie 11-10-2009 12:59 PM

Sam :clap::clap::clap:

Samantha42 11-10-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimlizzie (Post 12725655)
Sam :clap::clap::clap:

AWww thanks! I am still hoping we can meet sometime! :D

vli1127 11-10-2009 02:29 PM

Lurking in the background, not much action going on here.

DENMW 11-10-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samantha42 (Post 12723820)
Slim-- I'm feeling so much better. It's amazing! Not sure if I had the flu or H1N1 or what, but it only lasted a couple days and it's almost completely gone.

So far the weight has stuck! Was 180.2 today... I AM GOING TO BE IN THE 170's tomorrow!!!!!!!!! If I have to starve myself tod...just kidding. I'm still eating. But I'm very excited for it and can't wait!

I could probably go run a few miles and sweat out the 0.4 pounds to get to the 170s, but I'm still not really feeling like exercising yet :blush: Soon, maybe.

I was 170 today and I hope to be in the 160's tomorrow too.:aprayer: Maybe we need to go fin Jillian and do the last chance workout:laugh:. Keep me posted and I'll check in tomorrow too.:hugs:

Samantha42 11-10-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENMW (Post 12726213)
I was 170 today and I hope to be in the 160's tomorrow too.:aprayer: Maybe we need to go fin Jillian and do the last chance workout:laugh:. Keep me posted and I'll check in tomorrow too.:hugs:

AWWWWW LINDA!!! Go you!!! :clap: If I don't drink or eat anything tonight I will be in the 170's tomorrow. Problem is, I'm thirsty now! :doh: So I'm going to drink and still hope for the best.

How are you doing otherwise, Linda? How are the kitties?! How's life!?

Samantha42 11-10-2009 04:53 PM

Linda--

Not sure where I'll be yet, but I have about 10-15 interviews lined up! They are either Chicago or South/West (Arizona, Cali, New Mexico), and I'm for sure going into Internal Medicine.

I'm glad to hear about your cats! And sorry to hear about Roger :( I hope you two can work all your differences out! I'm so happy to hear that GS has come back to you, I know you were really struggling before, and I hope we can get to goal now together. :high5:

Tomorrow is my first interview! I am very nervous! I'm not sure how to answer these ridiculous broad questions... but I hope it will just come naturally.

My Mom finished her treatment and is feeling somewhat better. We're supposed to go on vacation to Jamaica together for Christmas, and I'm really looking forward to spending the time with my family!

Ooooh, our mystery man! You are too funny, Linda. He is still in the picture but really just as a friend. I realize more and more that he is not the one for me, I just hope I never get sucked back in. In the meantime I'm focusing on bigger and better things :D Like myself, my health, and my desire to lose weight.

I really feel like it's going to happen this time. I have no need to go off plan.... except with all these interviews and planned lunches, I think I'm going to have to pick at my food or say something like "I'm too nervous to eat". HA. Hopefully tomorrow will be easy.... you'd think doctors would offer healthy food to applicants, but I'm sure it will be sandwiches/pizza or some other yuck yuck. Sigh. I'll do my best :love:

DENMW 11-11-2009 04:36 AM

Drumroll pleeeezeee........................................ ..................169

DENMW 11-11-2009 04:43 AM

Ok, now I can post a message. I wanted to post my weight soon because I see that Sam is online. I am so happy to be in the 160's again. I am only suppose to weigh at the 1st of each month so after today I'll try to wait until 12/1. My sponsor increased my protein at each meal because of the amount of exercise I do so I wanted to be sure that I am not gaining. The amount I get at each meal is usually what they put maintenance people on. I'm off to go take a Bodypump class then teach the Silver Sneakers class. I am so glad I took the Silver Sneakers training and am teaching this class. I have many people over 80 who have been coming faithfully for years and really want to work. It is encouraging.

Yoohoo, Sam, waiting......................I'll stay logged on while I get ready to check for Sam's weighin.

slimlizzie 11-11-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Not sure where I'll be yet, but I have about 10-15 interviews lined up! They are either Chicago or South/West (Arizona, Cali, New Mexico), and I'm for sure going into Internal Medicine.
Sam:Looks like I will have to get to Chicago soon..maybe right after Thansgiving we could meet at Union Station..and have lunch downtown.