Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Good morning everyone, hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. Our was quiet. We just had Roger's niece over but it was a nice day. I did stay totally onplan and it felt soooo good. I made our Thanksgiving meal at about 2:30pm my lunch and then still had another meal coming at 6:30pm. Roger and his niece both said after dinner that they were so stuffed and it was nice not to feel that way. I made my own individual pumpkin custard in the microwave and enjoyed turkey, mashed cauliflower and broccoli. When I told Roger that I had another meal coming he said "after all that food"?? I reminded him that I didn't have ALL THAT FOOD. It was good. I'm putting up Christmas decorations today so I'd better get crackin'. Have a great weekend.
Lost 100 pounds, my story

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Slimliz-- congrats on the job! Do you get a nice discount, too? OH and also... I'll be in Wisconsin Dec 14-15!!! Are you anywhere near Madison or Milwaukee??

Linda, sounds like you're doing great! How has the added protein been working for you?

Paris

Liz, Lei, Vicki, etc.-- hope you're well!

Gibby- Happy belated!!!

I'm doing well, as of today at least!

I went off plan a few weeks ago with an interview dinner (then subsequent lunch) and for a while struggled to get back. Haven't weighed in a few days but I don't think I regained it ALL (think I'm mid 180's, from low 190's.... I MISS THE 70's). Thanksgiving did NOT help.

Not only did I eat semi-junk on Thanksgiving (it was actually pretty controlled), but the company at my Dad's dinner was agitating me. I don't keep in touch with that side of the family and I'm sick of the yearly interrogation (Hey, Doctor Sam! What are you going to go into? Oh, internal medicine? I think you should do emergency medicine or geriatrics. Me: Umm... too late to do emergency med. Hi, did you JUST hear me say I have already applied to internal med?.... x18 conversations, while my poor amazing sister sits there and nobody asks her anything and I get to feel nice and awkward.... <<Chug champagne>>).

Also had the past week off and have been going out/drinking a lot (which is ridiculous, and I'm working on it!). Finally cleaning up and already feeling so much better. All the carb cr&p also--> depressed mood and I start getting down on everything, when really, it's just food/hormones/biochemistry that makes me feel that way. It's like a fake sadness, and I realize that, but at the time it feels terrible and it seems permanent.

What else can I update you guys on? Uggggh... I keep going back to that stupid guy I have been telling you guys about for years. I don't even know why. I don't really like him like I used to, but after so many years of being single, it's nice to have that company and sense of excitement. Is that sad? I'm trying to remain unattached because I know there must be better out there, but at this point in my life, I'm really not interacting with that many single guys. Wow, I feel weird posting this in a thread with a bunch of married/nearly married people, but I do appreciate all of your advice and in the past you guys have had excellent things to say.

Interviews are going well... Right now I'm still just in Chicago but the next few weeks I'm flying out to a million places. Do you guys happen to know anything about Albuquerque, Phoenix, Tuscon, San Diego...? OR even better, will any of you be in any of these places within the next month or two? Would make traveling much more enjoyable! Actually, I'm looking forward to the escape... the sun etc. OH funniest part about it is that "that guy" as mentioned above is from San Diego and he offered to let me stay with him the week I'm interviewing out there. HOW AWKWARD!!! His parents will be there! I'm still trying to find other friends to stay with, and realistically, I don't think I have to stay there. We'll see. Too many decisions to make! I'm still waiting to hear from a couple of places (Vegas, Portland, Denver), but I'm getting close to narrowing down my options. Kinda exciting!

I've been in the suburbs at my Mom's for the past few days, and it's nice. Life slows down. I'm sleeping. I'm eating well. I'm cleaning up the house in preparation of moving this summer, and it all feels very therapeutic and relaxing. Mmmmmm.

Well that was quite a "dear diary" entry. But I'm trying to recommit and I miss you guys. That's all. Now the rest of you can stop hiding and come back, mmmkay?

OH! And I went back to brunette. Hence my picture changes. It's a dark chocolate brown and I love it. So much less maintenance, and hopefully will end up natural and I won't have to deal with it ever again! Now I'm really done with the updates.

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.

Last edited by Samantha42; 11-28-2009 at 12:02 PM..
Old 11-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

And since I can predict the future I know exactly what's coming next. "Show us pics of your hair!!" Okay, okay. I will My profile/avatar are old so I just took some new ones. Are these too dark or can you tell what it looks like?

OH and speaking of how I lost a ton of weight a few weeks ago... I was counting how many people commented... 6! Six people! Within 2-3 weeks. I'm gonna be back there in ummmm a week or two I feel super motivated right now, clearly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 41.jpg (82.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Photo 86.jpg (78.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Photo 94.jpg (85.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 11-28-2009, 01:03 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
And since I can predict the future I know exactly what's coming next. "Show us pics of your hair!!" Okay, okay. I will My profile/avatar are old so I just took some new ones. Are these too dark or can you tell what it looks like?

OH and speaking of how I lost a ton of weight a few weeks ago... I was counting how many people commented... 6! Six people! Within 2-3 weeks. I'm gonna be back there in ummmm a week or two I feel super motivated right now, clearly.
You are so adorable. Wow, look at how busy you are going to be with all the traveling, exciting. Wish I WERE going to be in one of those places. "The guy"??? Well, all I can say is that it's not sad it's just some company for you right now until Mr. Right come along. So just enjoy and don't stress about it. You have more important irons in the fire right now and you have plently of time to settle down. Got it?

Gibby, did I miss your birthday? Sorry.

to everyone.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Sam, great hair.

Gibby is in Phoenix, I hope she sees this and comments.

Nice weekend with BF and gorgeous weather here. Got the lights strung outside too today.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys, for your replies & support! Where are you all?

Two days 100% on plan and I feel so much better in every respect. In ketosis and having that "unstoppable" feeling again... except that I know I am completely stoppable when it comes to carbs, and I need to steer clear with a passion.

Hope you're all well!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everyone. Finally checking in after vacation.

I was off program big time-gained weight-not talking about it!

I was a guest and the people I stayed with are carb freaks!

Back on plan, but bummed. I love this time of year, but hate all of the temptations - you should see the crapola that is showing up at the office

Hope everyone is doing well and doesn't "fall off the LC wagon" too badly this month.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Aww Gibby, I'm sorry to hear that! Are you back on plan now? The holidays are tough, and being at someone else's mercy is always a challenge. Hopefully you're back in ketosis and feeling much better. Remember how much of that weight gain is temporary water weight!

I was 181 this AM... which is so much better than I had expected. Man, I'm having an easy time at least maintaining my weight, which is new for me. So basically, I lost 15 pounds over a few weeks, then gained back 5. I'm still down 10 since ~5 weeks ago, so can't really complain! Those 5 will be gone soon :blush: I'm in serious mode again.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys,
Gibby, I'm so sorry to hear that and I understand not talking about it. All I can say is doin't give up. Just think where you would be if you had not lost. I hate the ups and downs too but it's better than UP, UP, UP. The doctor's offices I work at on Mondays and Tuesdays have the same crapola you have I'm sure. It's tough. The only suggestion I have is to be weel prepared this time of year to have your breakfast and lunch prepared to take with you along with some healthy snacks for those weak times. That definitely helps me. If I go to work with no food, I'm setting myself up to fail. Like Sam says, that weight is a lot water weight so jump back on the wagon.

Sam, so glad you have your mind straight, me too. I am the lowest weight I've been in some time and all I can say is We're goin' down together girl".

Judy, Vicki, Lizzie

I've had several medical issues lately. My hives are back and I had to go back on the med that increases appetite. I definitely saw the difference while I was off but after several weeks my hives are back worse than ever and still not better even starting the med. I also thought that my bladder sling was erroding. I developed severe pain while teaching a spin class and had to continue for another 45 min. after I got the pain. It was a killer. I couldn't see my regular urologist and his partner thought that was happening but after seeing my urologist yesterday he said that it was not the sling but just an infection thank God.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Linda! You're doing great! 165? Sorry to hear about your medical issues... they still haven't really figured out the cause to the hives?? What kind of doctor have you been seeing? When I was on Allergy & Immunology last month a lot of people came in with hives, and there was an extensive workup that would be done... I'm assuming you've had this all done before? Do you also swell anywhere?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi still here and lurking.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Wow, Linda! You're doing great! 165? Sorry to hear about your medical issues... they still haven't really figured out the cause to the hives?? What kind of doctor have you been seeing? When I was on Allergy & Immunology last month a lot of people came in with hives, and there was an extensive workup that would be done... I'm assuming you've had this all done before? Do you also swell anywhere?
Oh yeah, I've had the whole workup. I started with my own local Dermatologist who sent me to Tampa to the University of South Florida, head of Dermatology there. He in turn sent me to the USF physician who is head of Allergies. As you know Dr. Sam, hives are one of the most difficult things to figure out as far as cause goes. As far as swelling goes, I don't think I swell it's just rash, bumps, extreme itching. I have cream and atarax for breakthrough hives. Nerves definitely make the hives worse but supposedly are not the cause. No one can sem to find a cause or can predict how long they will last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Hey girl, what's going on with you? How are things with SG? I'm sure you've filled us in but I've been bad at keeping up. Fill us in.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Yes! What Linda said!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Everything is going great. We have been "communicating" for a year now. We met on Match around this time last year. First date wasn't until Jan though.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/342.4/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Hi everyone!

Are we going to start a December thread or just keep going on this one?

Here's my story. Before Thanksgiving, I had gotten down to 306 pounds - almost into Twoterville. When I got home from my vacation, I was up to 322.8 - 322.8!!!!!! How in the heck does a person gain 16 pounds in a week???

My ankles were swollen to over twice their size, and there were other uncomfortable things going on. Well, yesterday - a week later - I "got rid" of 10 pounds of water - I don't think I need to explain how that happened

Do you believe it? I'm not exaggerating. So, I gained 6 pounds that I now have to lose.

There are 4 Christmas functions coming up so I have made a decision. Instead of LC'ing for this month, I am going to count calories instead.

How is everyone else doing?

TTYL

Marilee
Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Doing ok, overeating a bit. I will know tomorrow in TOPS. Need to pull in the reigns though. You can start a new Dec. thread if you like.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!!

I don't want you to think that I'm abandoning you, but this thread has gotten so very quiet and I was hoping we could find more people to add to it :blush: Love you all, but I'm on a break right now with work and feeling extra chatty

So, I started a new, clean slate thread: I want to just start over with this whole weight loss thing with an open mind and a non-regretful attitude over the past.

You are all welcome to follow if you so choose! If not, you are welcome to stay here and continue posting, and I promise I will continue to stalk this thread and add my 2 cents.

Here it is:
~~A Clean Slate~~ New Challenge for a fresh start!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:50 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Married SG 3-17-12
Closed Thread