Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Hi everybody! Just lurking - not much to report. Scale is going more down than up now, but I'm 3 pounds away from my lowest weight so far. When I hit that number again, I'll let you know!

Lizzie - I went to a zumba class and had to drop out after one session. It was too much for me physically. I give you props

Sam - thoughts and prayers for your interview today. Let us know how it goes.

to everyone else! Have a great day! Work is calling

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Slim-- Sounds great! Would love to meet up!

Linda--- 160s!!! Go you!!! I missed your post this morning as I was rushing out. The interview went totally fine. Not stressful at all, just early and I was tired. Came home and slept for a few hours.

DRUMROLL PLEASE:

I was 179.4 today!!!! We both did it! :blush:

AH That feels good. I feel unstoppable!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Slim-- Sounds great! Would love to meet up!

Linda--- 160s!!! Go you!!! I missed your post this morning as I was rushing out. The interview went totally fine. Not stressful at all, just early and I was tired. Came home and slept for a few hours.

DRUMROLL PLEASE:

I was 179.4 today!!!! We both did it! :blush:

AH That feels good. I feel unstoppable!
Go Sam Go We are going down together girlfriend I'm glad your interview went well.

I am on day 5 GS and it feels so good being ontrack, My sponsor has asked me to weigh in a week to keep on top of the extra protein added for each meal in case we need to adjust again. No problem on the weighing

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'll check back later.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:08 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Linda, I hear you on how good it feels! I was down another pound this morning! 178.4!!! It feels good to be solidly in the 170s!!! I hope I never see a 18_ something ever again. Needless to say never a 190 or 200!!!!

I feel great, too!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Good morning.....not much new around here.

Went out to eat for lunch with my oldest DD and her DH. Had soup and a salad and am UP 2.2 lbs. I know it's fluid retention, but REALLY!! Today will DEFINITELY be on plan. Got to get rid of that and more.....

It looks like this will be our last really nice day for awhile. 68* for today, down to 57* tomorrow and then into the upper 40s. Looks like winter is on it's way........which makes me even more determined to stick with a VLC to ZC WOE. That's one of the great benefits of eating this way. I hardly ever get sick. My younger DD who eats this way too is hardly ever sick either and she works in a hugh room with people who don't eat this way and DO get sick frequently. They have workstations, but germs travel over and under.....

.......Linda and Sam.....You guys are doing great!!

"Hi." to anyone else who checks in. Have a great day and KUTGW.....

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 11-14-2009, 06:06 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Sam WTG!!!!! Our stats look about the same but you are an inch taller...OH!! the 160's are coming!!!! Linda we are going to catch up with you..

Hang in there Judy T-day is creeping up on us!

Gibby Zumba is great I can't do it all I just do what I can to shake my hips off
Vicki
Old 11-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....I couldn't get online yesterday....Now I'm having problems with my internet connection. Hopefully, it will be solved soon. I guess the "computer gods" have it in for me. So....if I'm "MIA" for awhile, you'll know why. I will try to get here once a day, but if I don't make it (like yesterday)....it's just this STUPID COMPUTER!!!!!

This is going to be short. I want to get it posted before I get kicked off the internet and can't get back on. Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow.

I was DOWN 1.8 lbs yesterday morning but just 0.2 of a lb this morning,
but that's better than UP so I'll take it. Will be on plan again today so maybe I'll have more good news tomorrow.

See ya.....
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Sam, congrats on being in the 170s

Linda, glad to see you are on the down swing again

Judy, we are getting chilly here too

Lizzy, BRRR your avitar looks cold.

Everyone else HI there
Old 11-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Hey guys! Thanks everyone!

Slim-- we do have similar stats! I was 176.8 yesterday, but bounced up to 177.4 this morning.

Trying not to worry about the minor gain because I have lost so much weight so quickly, so I shouldn't expect it to keep going like that everyday!

I've seriously lost nearly 15 pounds in just a few weeks (maybe 3?). I didn't start seriously weighing until 2 weeks ago, and since then I've lost 10 pounds almost. Incredible! I've been on cloud nine... except that I now have no jeans that look decent on me. Excuse to shop!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hi Everyone!

I'm doing well with my woe and I have also been exercising daily. The incentive to exercise was a wicked 3-way mirror in a fitting room. OH.MY.GOODNESS. I'm just glad that my behind is behind me and I don't have to see it daily I needed that reality check. Regardless of what my scale says...my hips (and my booty) don't lie
The really great thing is that when I do exercise I actually feel better and have more energy Somehow I manage to forget this

SAM~
Quote:
I've seriously lost nearly 15 pounds in just a few weeks (maybe 3?). I didn't start seriously weighing until 2 weeks ago, and since then I've lost 10 pounds almost. Incredible! I've been on cloud nine... except that I now have no jeans that look decent on me. Excuse to shop!
BRAVO!!! Cloud nine is a GREAT place to be! WOOT!

VICKI~ congrats on continuing to maintain your loss!
Are you still going to TOPS? Has your woe changed since you are maintaining?

JUDY~
Quote:
I was DOWN 1.8 lbs yesterday morning but just 0.2 of a lb this morning
KUTGW!
Sorry to hear about your internet/computer problems. I hope you're able to get it fixed.

LIZZIE~ Did your house ever sell? Sending you lots of good thoughts It is such a tough time for real estate.
A friend invited me to a zumba class. I'm spastic so I'd have to be in the last row so people wouldn't see me tripping over my 2 left feet. :blush:

GIBBY~
Quote:
Hi everybody! Just lurking - not much to report. Scale is going more down than up now, but I'm 3 pounds away from my lowest weight so far. When I hit that number again, I'll let you know!
I'm glad to hear the scale is going down. I hope you hit that low number and fly past it...

to everyone else
Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm on day 8 of GS and doing great, felling great and staying off the scale until my sponsor wants me to weigh on Wed. She added more protein at each meal and I think it is too much to lose on but right now getting in control is my goal and that's what I'm doing. NO MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT EATING FOR 7 NIGHTS.

Later guys, gotta go get ready for church.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Liz, Yes, still going to TOPS. I am the leader, so probably should LOL. Now that I am KOPS and maintaining I still need the accountability. My eating hasn't changed all that much. I occasionally splurge with more fruit. Last night while at BFs we made a "casserole" that I have made before but added a can of Great Northern Beans. So, my increase in carbs has been either legumes or fruit.

Linda, is your sponsor a dietician or nutritionist? How does she know you need more protein? Just curious. Is it personal experience?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Yeah Linda!! Go you! No nighttime eating! I'm so proud of you

I'm still in the 170s... went up a bit as I've been eating more and drinking more :blush: But today is going to be very clean with iced tea and steak, so I expect to continue downward!

I still can't believe I'm in the 170s. I have not been at this weight in YEARS. In 2006 for about 10 minutes I was 175... and it was a fluke and after being sick/vomiting all night. Nothing like this, where the weight lost is REAL and is sticking. I am close to the 160s!!!! I haven't been this close to my goals in a long time, and they are finally seeming attainable. Like, I can do this. And not in years, but in months... even in weeks if I really keep at it.

Ultimately I'm sure I'm going to lower my goal weight to 130s or 140s, but to see a 150-anything would be unreal!!! I'm loving this! Going shopping for new jeans today with my sister I feel like I'm having best life ever, and I hope this feeling stays for a loooong time.

I go back through my old posts and realized I usually only post when I'm Debbie Downer. I am going to keep coming back here, good or bad, okay? And I want the same from all of you! Deal???
Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....Good news this morning. I was DOWN another pound!! .....

Cool, overcast, and dreary here today.....High of 47*. It's 41* right now.....starting to look like winter. I KNOW it's not very far down the road.

The computer is running better today, but that's probably because I disconnected my wireless network and plugged the laptop into the internet modem. NOT a good solution. Gotta figure out what's going on. Sheri is coming over tomorrow to do just that. Fingers are crossed that this problem can be solved.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: Mounds Shake
D: Chicken drumstick & thigh

Will be on plan again today.....

Lizzie....I hope your avatar isn't from this year!!

Sam....Great job!! What's a typical day's menu like? I hope you DO keep coming back....even after you are at goal.
We need people who have made goal to inspire the rest of us.

....everyone!!!

Gotta get moving.....See ya later...................
Old 11-16-2009, 05:59 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....

My weight is holding today. Ate a little more than usual yesterday, albeit all on plan. Will be on plan again today, of course....so maybe I'll have some more down tomorrow. Hope so.

Almost all of our leaves are gone too, and there is snow not far from us. Even South of us.....but so far, we don't have any. The "general" forecast for this part of the country is for warmer than normal temps and more than normal snow.....with more than normal ice because of the warmer temps. I hope they are wrong on the ice part.

Here's Friday's Meditation.

Here's Today's Meditation.

BOTH of them are REALLY good so don't miss them.

KUTGW.....Gotta run.......WCBL......

Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone. Just doing a quick fly by.

Only 6.1 pounds to go and I will be in Twoterville! Of course it would have to happen around Thanksgiving
Old 11-17-2009, 05:49 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

......Snow to the West of us (Denver & Western Nebraska).....Snow to the South of us (Kansas City)......We were missed!! We didn't even get any rain...but we might get some rain tomorrow. It's getting colder, but not really bad for this time of year, Sun will be out today with a temp in the low 50s.

Ate too much yesterday and bounced UP 0.4 of a lb.

Have a great day, everyone.....and KUTGW......Gotta run......WCBL......
Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....No good news on the scale....I was UP 0.4 of a lb this morning. However, I did eat out last night and had a few fries so it's no surprise. Back on the train today so it'll be gone soon.

Good news on the computer. Sheri came over last night (that's why I wound up going out to eat).......and worked on the computer along with a tech from my ISP (via the telephone). This is the 4th time she has called them. The 3 previous times they did not fix the problem.....and all 3 had different "reasons" why it was working the way it was. One of them said they could send a tech out to my place, but there would be a $40 charge. Wasn't sure if that was a flat-rate charge or if it was $40 an hour!! The 4th tech discovered what he is pretty sure the problem is and is sending out a tech this morning (no charge) because he's pretty sure it's "their" problem. Either a bad splitter or a bad cable. Here's hoping that's the problem and it gets fixed today. I HATE when my computer isn't working right. Especially now that my desktop is fried.

I was going to get my hair cut this morning, but now the tech is coming and Sheri's car's "check-engine light" came on last night when she was on her way home, so I met her at the mechanic's shop this morning and loaned her my car for today. I hope her problem proves to be an inexpensive one. If it isn't one thing, it's another.....at least it seems that way.

Guess I'll go read a book and/or watch some TV. I don't like being without a car.....even when I'm not planning on going anywhere....I just feel trapped. Stupid, I know, but that's the way I feel. Hopefully, what ever is wrong with her car will be fixed today. At least I do have the internet even if it is running erratically. That's better than not at all.

KUTGW everyone.....WCBL.....
Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well.....the computer guy from my ISP just left. He couldn't find anything wrong. He did replace my splitter and something in the big box that is outdoors so I'll just have to wait and see what happens. He thinks it might be my wireless router. Just what I don't need. But, if buying a new router would make the problems go away, I guess that would be worth the cost.

If it isn't one thing, it's another.....

Old 11-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's Today's Meditation.......

Old 11-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

......Sorry I didn't get here yesterday. It was a VERY busy day.

The ISP tech replaced all of the Cox Cable equipment he could, and although it IS running better, it is still running slower than normal. They think it's either my wireless router or I might have a trojan or a virus. Sheri brought her laptop over last night and used it on my wireless router and hers ran GREAT...so it's NOT my router. That makes the virus/trojan theory more probable. I didn't want to buy a new router until I was sure that was the problem. It isn't so.....after I get my new computer I'll have this one gone over with a fine tooth comb. I have run my virus software and nothing showed up, but ya never know....it might be a brand new one that hasn't been picked up by the software people yet.

I was DOWN this morning, but just 0.2 of a lb. However, add that to the 0.8 of a lb I was DOWN yesterday morning, and that's a whole pound!! Will be on plan again today.

Here's Today's Meditation

KUTGW......

Old 11-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday everyone!

Two hours more of work and then I'm on vacation! No work until 11/30.

Tonight I'm going out with friends to celebrate my birthday

I am having fajitas with no beans and no tortillas so I should be able to stay on plan.

I won't be in touch much so I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Talk to you later!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

I had a few days "off" with interviews and interview dinners.... finally back on track but up 3-5 pounds from my lowest a week or two ago (I'm afraid to officially weigh). I hope it keeps going as quickly as it was going before. I felt amazing.

I have the next 2 weeks off... with Thanksgiving and interviews. Probably a good time to start working out... but I'm also afraid I may gain as a result of working out, and right now I just NEED THE SCALE TO GO DOWN. :blush: We'll see.

Linda, glad to hear you're doing well!
Old 11-21-2009, 06:08 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

.....I was DOWN 0.6 of a lb this morning. .......

Will be on plan again today. More DOWN tomorrow!!

Yesterday's Menu:
L: Protein Shake and a 3 oz. Italian Cheeseburger Bowl (I was HUNGRY...)
D: 7 oz. Italian Cheeseburger Bowl

......Gibby.......

Samantha.....The main thing is....you are back on track. KUTGW......

Now we are running ABOVE normal instead of BELOW normal like we did during October. Today's high will be 55* (normal is the mid to low 40s). They are saying we are to have a warmer than normal winter, but with more precip than normal, and because of the warmer temps some of it will likely be ice. THAT I don't like. I'd rather have colder and SNOW than warmer and ICE. But......I guess we will just have to deal with it. I'm glad I don't HAVE to go out anymore when the weather is bad unless I want to....and I can wait until the streets are plowed.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....I ate more than normal yesterday and am UP 0.8 of a lb. Was all on plan food so I guess "calories do count."
But I have always known that they do count for me.

We are going to have a nice day today.....especially for this time of year. High of 55*. Tomorrow will be nice too. Who knows what the future holds.
Hopefully, no ice. Sheri and Dave are going to Kenosha, WI to visit his parents over Thanksgiving. I just hope they don't run into any bad weather.

I'm going to Peg's (my oldest daughter's) house for Thanksgiving. She's such a good cook that I am going to have an off-plan day.
But then it will be right back on plan Friday morning.
If one day kills me, I'll die happy!!

Gotta go jump in the shower. I've dallied too long as it is.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:56 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

....everyone.

My weight is the same today as yesterday. As I always say, that's better than UP. I'll be on plan again today and maybe I'll have some DOWN tomorrow.

We're still having wonderful weather for November. 58* for a high today which is definitely above normal for NE in November. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Time to go.....WCBL......
Old 11-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's Today's Meditation.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was UP 0.6 of a lb this morning. I am "The Bouncing Queen" for sure. However, I will just keep hanging in there and doing my thing....and eventually I will get where I want to be. It's just frustrating at times....but I have NO intention of giving up on this WOE (with some planned off-plan days for special occasions). This WOE is just too easy, MUCH more healthy, and doesn't cost any more than when I was buying "junk." I am not hungry all the time, AND since I LOVE meat, it tastes good too!! Can't ask for more than that.

The weather here is definitely heading into winter. It's just 41* and rainy. Feels even colder than that. We might get some snow flurries tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone....and....

Old 11-25-2009, 04:54 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Good morning ALL...sorry I have been MIA but I have good news.

1st of all I have found a job, PTL

I will be working at JCPenny for the Christmas season..and hopefully it will turn into a part time position.

AND second... I have been on induction for about 5-6 days now NEVER GIVE UP!!

Judy we have snow in our forcast for tomorrow too!

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

Last edited by slimlizzie; 11-25-2009 at 04:57 AM..
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning...well, afternoon, really.

Just got back from the laundromat. One of the "simple things of life" that I don't enjoy. Although, compared to beating clothes on a rock by the river to get them clean....goiing to the laundromat is VERY enjoyable. I always take a book with me to pass the time.

Since I'm going to DDs (Peg) for dinner tomorrow, my "work" for the meal consisted of going to the grocery store and picking up some wine. Rough work, but someone's gotta do it. I did all the cooking for Holidays for so many years that my kids won't even let me bring any food. I'm really glad because it's more trouble to "take" food than it is to cook the whole thing at home. I'm lucky to have such great kids....for which I am VERY thankful.

DD (Sheri) and Dave went to his Mom & Dad's in Wisconsin. They left this morning and will return on Sunday. I'm "doing the cats" for them while they are gone.

I didn't get a Daily Meditation today......Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving, everyone!!

See ya Friday!!!

Closed Thread