Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   KEEP ON KEEPING ON ~~~OCTOBER (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/639856-keep-keeping-october.html)

DENMW 10-01-2009 07:28 AM

KEEP ON KEEPING ON ~~~OCTOBER

Our disclaimer

"This is a group of very supportive people some of which have been together for a very long time. Some are at their goal. Some of us are struggling to get to that goal. One thing I know for certain is that giving up is not the answer. So, we will keep on keeping on. We listen to each other’s struggles and are there in the good times and the bad. Newcomers are welcome."

DENMW 10-01-2009 07:35 AM

I can hardly believe it is October and I'm still in the same spot I've been in, struggling. But it's a new month and today's a new day. I am so tired today. I drank caffeine late last night in hope that I would get motivated to do some cleaning while Roger was away. All it did was keep me up until about 2am. I also kept grazing too. So, today I did not weigh, pulled myself together and am deciding for today that I will just have 3 meals with nothing in between but liquids, mostly water. It will take all the food thoughts out of my head today and I will plan ahead and weigh and measure my food and it's done.

I just want to say thanks Judy for being so consistent and posting the meditation. Your consistency motivates me to keep on. :hugs: Oh, BTW, I bought some of the kickin chicken seasoning but I forgot what it is used for besides the obvious seasoning of chicken.

Have a great day everyone.

Gibby 10-01-2009 08:19 AM

Hi everyone! Thank God it's October! I'm so glad this summer is past.

Linda, I had a feeling you were struggling - I am too but, as you say, it's a new day! :up: I'm so grateful the the Lord blesses us with a fresh start everyday - forget about the past, it's over - don't worry about the future, today has enough worries of it's own. My loose translation of that scripture!

I have a farewell lunch to attend today for someone at the office. I don't know where we are going so I don't know what is going to happen food wise. I do know that waiting for me at home tonight is a big ole burger and a nice crisp lettuce salad with a little tomato and peppers and dressing! So whatever happens, I'll be on track tonight!

Have a great day everyone!

Parisfox 10-01-2009 08:31 AM

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...%20E/Hello.gif

Linda....You can use the Kickin' Chicken seasoning just about anywhere. I use it especially in soups and in scrambled eggs. Just experiment. It's good on grilled hamburgers too. :laugh:

I bounced UP again this morning. Just 0.4 of a lb, but with the 0.6 yesterday that's a whole pound. I think I have discovered part of the problem though. The Italian sausages I grilled the other day. Since I started eating a couple of those at dinner, I have bounced up. This morning I froze the ones I have left. I should know in the next couple of days if they were the culprit or if something else is going on.

I was not surprised with the 2 bounces up from the off-plan evening (total of 1.8 lbs) but the last 2 day's bounces did surprise me. I just hope it is the sausages. That will be easy to fix (limit sausage intake). If it's something else going on, I don't have a clue as to what it could be. I'll let you know what happens.

It's raining right now, but the temperature isn't bad. It's 63* and there isn't any wind so it doesn't feel bad and I am able to have my place open, which I like, although it's a little too cool to sit out on my deck.

Have a good day everyone....KUTGW....http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...and%20E/16.gif

Gibby 10-01-2009 08:33 AM

Hi Judy..just curious - do you weigh every day?

Parisfox 10-01-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibby (Post 12556069)
Hi Judy..just curious - do you weigh every day?

Yes...if I didn't things would REALLY get out of hand. :cry: I hate the bouncing around I do, but I need to know what's going on to keep a handle on things. I don't mind the "normal" bouncing up I do, (e.g., unexplained 0.2 or 0.4 every so often), that seems to be normal "for me" anyway....but I do get concerned when it is several days in a row. Then I look for a cause (like the possible cause this time of the sausages).

Gibby 10-01-2009 08:44 AM

I read somewhere on the site that what we eat today won't show up on the scale until day over tomorrow (2 days). I don't know if that's true or not.

I found a new thread this morning asking people of they found a meal that made them drop quickly. There were some interesting suggestions on it. You may want to look it up. I'm going to try some of the ideas.

vli1127 10-01-2009 10:49 AM

Gibby, where was that link about meals that help you to drop pounds?

Gibby 10-01-2009 11:01 AM

I don't know how to paste it on here. It's in the Main Lobby the 16th down I think. Starts with Do You Have a Meal....

Let me know if you find it or not.

Gibby 10-01-2009 11:12 AM

Vicki, I posted on it today so if you search my posts, you'll find it.

Parisfox 10-01-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vli1127 (Post 12556883)
Gibby, where was that link about meals that help you to drop pounds?

Here's the link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...op-pounds.html

:up:

Lawan 10-01-2009 11:36 AM

:)Hello Everyone

I would like to join you guys on your October Challenge. I am also in the Thanksgiving Challenge but I need something for October.

I am fairly new to LCF but am finding it so so helpful. Wish I would have known about it a long time ago. I just done a 2 day egg fast I challenged myself to 3 days but only made it 2:(

I am down to 156 and would like to be at 148 by halloween.
I am trying to stay away from all the halloween candy. lol

Good luck today everyone.

healthylowcarbin 10-01-2009 11:37 AM

Hi everybody

Quick check in to mark my spot.

I'm working on organizing my garage. I've gotta go get it done while I have a bit of energy.

I hope everyone's having a good day!

Gibby 10-01-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parisfox (Post 12557165)

I did it!

healthylowcarbin 10-01-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawan (Post 12557168)

I would like to join you guys on your October Challenge. I am also in the Thanksgiving Challenge but I need something for October.

I am fairly new to LCF but am finding it so so helpful. Wish I would have known about it a long time ago. I just done a 2 day egg fast I challenged myself to 3 days but only made it 2:(

:welcome::hugs: Welcome Lawan! Congrats on your weight loss thus far!

Gibby 10-01-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawan (Post 12557168)

Welcome Lawan! We are a small but supportive, friendly group. Post often so we get to know you.

I've not seen "Kickin' Chicken" before. What is it and where in my grocery store can I find it?

Gibby 10-01-2009 01:03 PM

Liz, I love your avatar. "Temptations" are my cats favorite treat.

vli1127 10-01-2009 02:08 PM

Thanks for the link to the pound dropping meal.

Gibby 10-01-2009 02:13 PM

Hi big old Barbie!!!!

vli1127 10-01-2009 02:13 PM

Yea Gibby, thanks for sending that LOL. I wondered where you got fat Wonderwoman. Besides, Barbie and I turn 50 this same year!!!! But, I think I look better finally.

Gibby 10-01-2009 02:17 PM

I got them from a girlfriend today and sent them on to family. Is that where you picked up Barbie? One of my passwords here at work is "Wonder Woman" so I couldn't resist. I don't smoke, or have long hair or a dog, but the rest is pretty accurate - HA!!!!!

Parisfox 10-01-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibby (Post 12557588)
I've not seen "Kickin' Chicken" before. What is it and where in my grocery store can I find it?

Gibby....Kickin' Chicken is a spice/seasoning made by the Weber Grill company. I get it at Sam's. It's really good...and not just on chicken.

Here's a pic...it's the middle one. It comes in a grinder container so it's always fresh....

Weber Grill Creations

Gibby 10-01-2009 02:53 PM

Thanks, Judy. I'll look for it.

Parisfox 10-01-2009 06:08 PM

I was looking around the Weber spice website and found this recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks REALLY good. Without the bun, of course....:rofl:

Double-Bacon Gourmet Cheeseburgers

To make these LC, skip the buns, of course....

PREP TIME: 25 minutes
GRILLING TIME: 8 TO 10 minutes for medium

10 slices bacon
1 1/2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
1 tablespoon Weber® Grill Creations® Gourmet Burger Seasoning
4 thin slices cheese, Cheddar or Monterey jack
4 hamburger buns (skip if doing LC)
4 medium slices ripe tomato (optional)
4 pieces lettuce (optional)

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook half of the bacon at a time until crisp, about 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain each batch of bacon on paper towels.

2. Crumble 2 slices of bacon into a medium bowl. Mix in the ground chuck and the Weber® Grill Creations® Gourmet Burger. Shape into 4 patties, each about 3/4 inch thick.

3. Grill the patties over Direct High heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until medium, or to desired doneness (8 to 10 minutes for medium), turning once when the patties release easily from the grate. During the last couple minutes of grilling, put a slice of cheese on each patty to melt. Also toast the hamburger buns, cut side down, over Direct High heat if using. Assemble the burgers on buns with the tomato and lettuce, and top with the remaining bacon slices.

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

DENMW 10-01-2009 06:44 PM

:welcome:Lawan. Like Liz said, congrats on your loss so far.

:hiya:everbody. Today's been a good day. My food has been in control and I got a lot of cleaning done today. Tomorrow I work so I will be on plan. Judy, I bet the Kickin chicken is great in eggs. I'm going to try that.

Well, I'm off to read the thread on food that make you lose weight and I'm going to eat them ALL.:laugh:

Gota run guys.

slimlizzie 10-02-2009 03:40 AM

Good morning everyone..I am still keepin on..or should I say hanging on. :kicking:

Thanks for letting us know about the meal thread Gibby I think it will be hamberger, cream cheese and steak today :laugh:

We will be taking a trip back to Arkansas to clean up around the house for the winter...still hasn't sold:annoyed: Want to get a few more things too. It is {{{cold}}} and windy here in WI. it should be in the 70's in AR.

Ever hear of a cat that won't come in out of the cold?? Ms.Kitty wouldn't go out when we got here..now she won't come in..:confused:

:hiya: Vicki, Liz ,Linda,Judy,Sam, and where is Yvonne?

Lawan:welcome:

Have a great losing day ..............

Parisfox 10-02-2009 10:38 AM

Good morning....I guess it was the Italian Sausage. I was DOWN 0.8 of a pound this morning. Will be on plan with NO sausages today. More DOWN tomorrow I hope.

It's cold and dreary here today. We are way below normal as far as our temperature goes (53*) AND there's a wind (gusting to 45mph) so it feels even worse than it is.

Here's Today's Meditation

Gotta run....WCBL....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...eAGreatDay.gif

Parisfox 10-02-2009 01:19 PM

Here's a good Chicken Recipe. :clap:

Kick ’N Chicken Breasts with Yogurt-Cucumber Sauce

PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
GRILLING TIME: 8 TO 10 MINUTES

SAUCE
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup coarsely grated English (seedless) cucumber
1 teaspoon Weber® Grill Creations® Kick ’N Chicken™ Seasoning
===============================================

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Weber® Grill Creations® Kick 'N Chicken™
16 very thin slices English (seedless) cucumber, cut in half crosswise

1. In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients.

2. Lightly coat the chicken on both sides with oil. Season evenly with the Weber Kick 'N Chicken, pressing the seasoning into the meat. Grill the chicken over Direct Medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is firm to the touch and no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Serve the chicken warm with the sauce and cucumber slices.

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

DENMW 10-02-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimlizzie (Post 12560086)
Good morning everyone..I am still keepin on..or should I say hanging on. :kicking:

I'm right ther with you Lizzie, hanging.:hugs:

healthylowcarbin 10-02-2009 03:30 PM

Hey everybody! :hiya:

I'm LOVING this weather! High of 75 with clear gorgeous skies:)

JUDY~ thanks for the recipes! Those look really good. I'll have to look for the kickin chicken. Does it have sugar or msg? The sauce sounds similar to taziki sauce.
I'm glad your weight is going down again. Sausage always makes me pick up water weight. I seem to be really sensitive to salt. I can easily pick up 3lbs in ONE day after too much salt.

LIZZIE~ I'm sorry to hear your house still hasn't sold.:( It is such a tough market. There are 4 houses in my neighborhood that have been for sale for MONTHS. When I bought my house 5 years ago it was on the market for under a week. They had 7 other offers:stars:
I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers for your house to sell:aprayer::hugs:

Linda, Gibby, Vicki, Lei, Sam, Yvonne (sorry if I missed anyone) :hugs::hugs::hugs: I've gotta run and cook some grub for DH