Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 09:54 AM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
......Everyone....My weight is the same as yesterday. Better than UP.

The sun is shinning and it's supposed to be warmer than it has been, so that's nice.

Sheri wasn't able to fix my computer so I'm still using the laptop. I like the desktop a lot better.
The keyboards are different and I don't like this one and am not used to it.
I'm going to call my son-in-law tomorrow and see if he can come over Wednesday.
He's good with computers so here's hoping. If he can't fix it, I guess I'll be buying a new one. DRAT!!

Yesterday’s Menu:
L: 1 cup Chicken Soup; 1 pat butter; 1 Tbsp. HWC
D: 8oz Ribeye

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Good morning.

I shared this with Vicki yesterday, but I'm going to include all of you as well.

I'm ready to stop this WOE. I've been LC'ing for 11 weeks and have only lost 14 pounds. Being over 300 pounds, it is imperative that I lose weight for obvious reasons. The weight just isn't coming off fast enough. Except for an occasional slip that I share here, I've been faithful to Atkins.

So, now I'm wondering, am I eating too much fat? Am I eating enough calories? This is turning in to a "job" and one of the main reasons I starting LCing was because it was easy and didn't require a lot of work like the program my nutritionist put me on - charts, graphs, calculating.

I'm bummed!!!!

Marilee
Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....I bounced UP 1.2 lbs this morning....for no reason other than that seems to be what my body does. Since that is a total loss of 1.6 lbs for the week, I'm not too terribly unhappy. I'd just like to know why that happens. I know I didn't get in enough water yesterday, but I didn't get enough in on the days I lost either. Go figure.....

Bright and sunny out today. I'm going for a walk this afternoon before it gets colder...and it's bound to soon. We are still running about 10-12* below normal, but that's better than the 20 we were running below normal. High for today is supposed to be 52*. This is the time of year when I start to envy anyone who lives in the South. [/b]

Yesterday’s Menu:
D: 6oz Ribeye; 1/3 cup Italian Double-Cheese Burger Bowl

Gibby...Have you considered trying eating WAY less carbs? I usually eat 5-10 grams of carb a day. And I don't get hungry. The fat is what keeps you from getting hungry. You might try eating nothing but meat and eggs for 2 weeks and see what happens. MOST of my foods are meat, eggs, fish, and soup made from canned chicken broth, chopped up cooked chicken, and spices. Sometimes I add just a little finely diced celery and some dried parsley.

Are you on any medications that could be stopping you losing weight? I was down to 202 lbs and my doc put me on a med for my heart that made me gain almost 35 lbs. When I thought of checking online for side effects for that med I found that one of the possible side-effects is "unexplained weight GAIN!!!!" I got part of that off when for no apparent reason my doc changed my BP meds. I almost wonder if he did it deliberately because he was pi**ed that I quit taking the heart med and refused to go back on it. It was to slow my heart rate (which wasn't overly fast to begin with) and the med slowed it to 40-42 beats per minute. WAY too slow and slow enough to even be dangerous.

Are you on thyroid meds? If not, have you ever had your thyroid checked? Most docs check only the TSH. They need to check the Free T3 and Free T4 too to get an accurate picture of your thyroid's levels. If your doc refuses to do all three tests I'd recommend finding a doc who is willing. Also, artificial sweetners keep some from losing. I don't have that problem, although I use them VERY sparingly.

Gotta run.....[/B]
Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm only eating around 5-10 carbs per day. I'm not on any medications.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW....I don't know.

Do you feel like posting some typical daily menus? Someone might have a suggestion.

I would definitely recommend the thyroid tests.....TSH, Free T4, and Free T3.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

See post #97 on this thread for a sample day.

Thanks. I'm sorry I'm brief - I'm at work so I'm sneaking around.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also #113
Old 10-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry - I found 3 more #122, 129 and 141.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #159
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
I'm only eating around 5-10 carbs per day. I'm not on any medications.
Some people aren't going to like this answer, but when did I ever let that stop me??

Your not eating enough, plain and simple..(see post #129) Remember, what works for someone else, may not work for you...I'm just sayin'... (no offense to anyone here)

People want to see results NOW, and not tomorrow... They get frustrated because the scale is not moving fast enough...(I was in this boat) So they try cutting carbs/fats/calories and sure they lose weight... But are they going to continue eating that way for the rest of their lives? Because if they don't, trust me, the weight comes flying back on really fast (been in this boat as well)

Stick with the plan...It works, I promise... Eat your 20 grams of carbs a day, stay away from all sugar/starches/flours (coconut flour is an exception) eat lots of fats, and dont count calories right now.. Limit cheese as it stalls a lot of people..

Here's an example of my menu's when I was losing 1-2lbs a week

Coffee w/whipping cream (heavy cream)
2 eggs fried in coconut oil
ham/bacon/sausage whatever

huge mixed green salad w/watered down full fat dressing or some kind of meat sammy w/rev roll as a bun, smothered in mayo

meat (probably 10 ounces, or if not more)
veggy's (sometimes half my plate as this is where your supposed to get most of your daily carbs from) smothered in butter

I went by how my body was feeling...If I was having a hungry day, I ate more protein then normal w/fats... Other days, once true ketosis kicked in, I had my coffee in the am, rev roll sammy for lunch or chicken muffin both smothered in mayo or butter), and meat and veggy for dinner

Please dont give up...Check your labels for hidden carbs...Give it a try, what do you have to loose other then a few pounds?

It took me something like 4 years to finally come close to goal.. The weight didn't pile on over night, and it definately won't come off that fast either! I fell into the "she's doing this trap and losing" several times, and I just wish I would have just stuck to the plan like the good doctor wanted.. I would have been at goal a couple years ago...

Cheers! You have lots of wonderful people here for you, for support...Thats half the battle of the bulge right there!

*off my soap-box now*
Waves to everyone!!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gibby...Just some thoughts on the menus you referred me to. Please just take this or leave it as you think best. Obviously, there are many different thoughts on this. You know your body better than anyone else. I don't agree with the theory of "you're just not eating enough." This has recently been disproved. They did extensive tests on lab rats and those whose calories were drastically restricted lived longer and were healthier. I have friends who had the gastric bypass surgery and they were restricted to around 500 calories a day post-surgery, and the weight flew off them. If not eating enough really stopped weightloss, then people wouldn't starve to death. Just be sure you are taking adequate vitamins/minerals so that you stay healthy. We don't need carbs. The very few that our bodies/brains DO need are manufactured in our livers!! These are not my personal ideas.....they are established medical facts.

Quote:
Here's today's eats:
B-3 scrambled eggs with 1 oz cheese and green chilis
L-2 chicken thighs
D-steak and a small lettuce salad with a little spring onions and tomatoes with dressing - YUMMMMY! I'll be hungry after my workout
S-if hungry-deli slices and string cheese:
Cheese causes lots of people to stall....as does cream. Onions and especially tomatoes have carbs....although, spring onions don't have very many. A really good online place to check carb content of foods is: Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program
================================================== ==

Quote:
Here's today's eats:
B-3 pieces of bacon, 3 egg cheese and green chili omelet
L-taco salad
D-steak
S-lime jello with a dollop of carb friendly Redi-Whip (I'm hoping it satisfies my taste for lime pie).
Did you eat the Taco Salad shell? Even one bite? Probably not....but some people are so insulin resistant/carb sensitive that even one bite could mess it up..
Was the lime jello SF? Even if it was.....that and the Redi-Whip could stall you. They have done research on that too. Artificial sugars can fool your body and raises the blood sugar on some people which requires the pancreas to put out insulin which allows the body to store fat.

Also, don't forget that working with a trainer will develop muscle tissue and that weighs more than fat...so that might be part of the reason the scale doesn't seem to be moving. I'd suggest you cut WAY back on carbs for just 2 weeks (take vitamins/minerals especially since you are working out). Eat meat, eggs, fish, NO caffeine, and minimal amounts of cheese & HWC. I don't eat more than 2 oz of shredded cheese at a time....and most of the time it's just 1 oz.. I eat it on my "Cheeseburger Bowl." The cheese really dresses it up. Here's how I make that:
Cheeseburger Bowl
2 lbs Ground Beef (or Ground Chuck/Sirloin or any ground beef)
Spices that you like. I use Cumin, Kickin' Chicken, & Garlic
Pan-fry all of that together. Store in frig or portion out into meal size amounts and freeze for quick meals. Just defrost and reheat in microwave. I dice one midget dill pickle (1 oz.) that has 1 gram of carbs and mix it in my meal size portion and top with 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese when I reheat it. It adds a LOT of flavor.

Don't cut out the fat....that's what stops you from being hungry all the time.

Good luck...and KUTGW!! Like Lei said, the weight didn't get on overnight and won't come off overnight. Your metabolism is probably messed up too and it will take some time to heal it by leaving out the carbs.

Last edited by Parisfox; 10-26-2009 at 02:31 PM..
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
Gibby...
Cheese causes lots of people to stall....as does cream. Onions and especially tomatoes have carbs....although, spring onions don't have very many. A really good online place to check carb content of foods is: Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program

Did you eat the Taco Salad shell? ================================================== ==

Also, don't forget that working with a trainer will develop muscle tissue and that weighs more than fat...so that might be part of the reason the scale doesn't seem to be moving. I'd suggest you cut WAY back on carbs for just 2 weeks (take vitamins/minerals especially since you are working out). Eat meat, eggs, fish, NO caffeine, and minimal amounts of cheese & HWC. I don't eat more than 2 oz of shredded cheese at a time....and most of the time it's just 1 oz.. I eat it on my "Cheeseburger Bowl." The cheese really dresses it up. Here's how I make that:
Cheeseburger Bowl
2 lbs Ground Beef (or Ground Chuck/Sirloin or any ground beef)
Spices that you like. I use Cumin, Kickin' Chicken, & Garlic
Pan-fry all of that together. Store in frig or portion out into meal size amounts and freeze for quick meals. Just defrost and reheat in microwave. I dice one midget dill pickle (1 oz.) that has 1 gram of carbs and mix it in my meal size portion and top with 1 oz of shredded cheddar cheese when I reheat it. It adds a LOT of flavor.

Don't cut out the fat....that's what stops you from being hungry all the time.

Good luck...and KUTGW!! Like Lei said, the weight didn't get on overnight and won't come off overnight. Your metabolism is probably messed up too and it will take some time to heal it by leaving out the carbs.

I've stopped eating cheese as of yesterday. No, I didn't have a shell - it was a home made version of taco salad, I'll do what you suggest and cut way back. Time to pull out the decaf coffee. That's the one thing I hadn't given up - real coffee!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_gal View Post
Some people aren't going to like this answer, but when did I ever let that stop me??

Your not eating enough, plain and simple..(see post #129) Remember, what works for someone else, may not work for you...I'm just sayin'... (no offense to anyone here)

People want to see results NOW, and not tomorrow... They get frustrated because the scale is not moving fast enough...(I was in this boat) So they try cutting carbs/fats/calories and sure they lose weight... But are they going to continue eating that way for the rest of their lives? Because if they don't, trust me, the weight comes flying back on really fast (been in this boat as well)

Stick with the plan...It works, I promise... Eat your 20 grams of carbs a day, stay away from all sugar/starches/flours (coconut flour is an exception) eat lots of fats, and dont count calories right now.. Limit cheese as it stalls a lot of people..

Here's an example of my menu's when I was losing 1-2lbs a week

Coffee w/whipping cream (heavy cream)
2 eggs fried in coconut oil
ham/bacon/sausage whatever

huge mixed green salad w/watered down full fat dressing or some kind of meat sammy w/rev roll as a bun, smothered in mayo

meat (probably 10 ounces, or if not more)
veggy's (sometimes half my plate as this is where your supposed to get most of your daily carbs from) smothered in butter

I went by how my body was feeling...If I was having a hungry day, I ate more protein then normal w/fats... Other days, once true ketosis kicked in, I had my coffee in the am, rev roll sammy for lunch or chicken muffin both smothered in mayo or butter), and meat and veggy for dinner

Please dont give up...Check your labels for hidden carbs...Give it a try, what do you have to loose other then a few pounds?

It took me something like 4 years to finally come close to goal.. The weight didn't pile on over night, and it definately won't come off that fast either! I fell into the "she's doing this trap and losing" several times, and I just wish I would have just stuck to the plan like the good doctor wanted.. I would have been at goal a couple years ago...

Cheers! You have lots of wonderful people here for you, for support...Thats half the battle of the bulge right there!

*off my soap-box now*
Waves to everyone!!
Thank you so much for your help! There is a lot of good advice on this website, but there are contradictions. Finding out what works for my body is the challenge.

I know it took years to gain this weight, but I can gain 5 pounds in 1 day just by eating like a normal person (not overeating, just being "regular").

Thanks to all of you for putting up with my pity party. I'm done now!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #163
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Quote:
Thank you so much for your help! There is a lot of good advice on this website, but there are contradictions.
Thanks to all of you for putting up with my pity party. I'm done now!!!!
Yes, the contradictions start when people try changing the plan from how it is supposed to work.. This goes back to the thing of "I'm not losing it fast enough" The plan was made that way for a reason... Certain foods/combinations work better when used together... I am a firm believer that ANY plan will work, if you work it... Its whatever you can live with for the rest of your life, cause this isn't a diet my dear, its a change of eating habits..Period...

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with Parisfox Thats all I'm gonna say bout' that.. BUT.... cutting all carbs does not fix a screwed up metabolism... If anything, it is creating one.. (ask anyone who has a food disorder)

Good luck to whatever you choose, we will always be here to support you no matter what... Its not an easy battle to win, especially by yourself!

No pity party here?! I see someone who is asking for some guidence... And I have you beat! I can gain 10lbs over night easily... I've always said "I may as well just sit on (insert any fattening food here) cause its gonna go to my arse anyways!

Last edited by cdn_gal; 10-26-2009 at 05:16 PM..
Old 10-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hey, this is a great dichotomous discussion here, how lively.

I am sitting here drinking licorice spice tea and savoring the experience of completing another online course. I submitted the last project and final exam for Basic Herbology.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
dichotomous

Show off!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Vicki, you had asked me this weekend if this was the longest I had been on any "diet". I told you incorrectly - it isn't. The longest that I can remember (keep in mind I'm 60 so I can't remember a lot of the earlier plans), is the nutritionist I went to before starting LCing. I was on her "plan" for a bit 4 months and lost 5 pounds! I guess at 170-200 carbs per day that would happen!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Show off!!!!
Hey, I better show that I have learned Something with all my years of education
Old 10-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #168
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hey Vicki, you had asked me this weekend if this was the longest I had been on any "diet". I told you incorrectly - it isn't. The longest that I can remember (keep in mind I'm 60 so I can't remember a lot of the earlier plans), is the nutritionist I went to before starting LCing. I was on her "plan" for a bit 4 months and lost 5 pounds! I guess at 170-200 carbs per day that would happen!
There, so you see that LCing is having better results too.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Slimlizzie the lurker here...I agree with cdn_gal when I ate more fat meat and eggs and felt guilty eating that much I would go to bed thinking I will have gained in the morning..but nope another pound gone!! I would lose like a pound a day!...I know.. I know..I have no room to talk since I should be practicing what I preach.. I start out everyday good then I mess up..OH! only to get in that zone again (swoon....) Maybe today will be the day cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger NO BUN!..

Last edited by slimlizzie; 10-27-2009 at 04:57 AM..
Old 10-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....My weight is the same this morning as yesterday. Better than UP....I did eat more yesterday than I have been, albeit all on-plan food. I'll be on plan today....and tomorrow is another day.

Yesterday’s Menu:

D: 1.5 cups Italian Double-Cheeseburger Bowl...Finished it off.

Today is going to be a NICE Fall day. 62* for a high. That's a "normal" high for this time of year. It's about time.

I just got back from the laundromat and it's really shaping up to a nice day!!

I hope everyone has a nice day!! KUTGW....
Old 10-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Lizzie, so glad to see your post. We need you.

I am home from the first day of clinical at the hospital with students, another round tomorrow with a different group. But, it is so nice to be able to get home midafternoon and have the sunshining on this beautiful fall day.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, just checking in.

Tomorrow I will not be on plan. Our company is having it's annual "Recognition Lunch". It is a lunch honoring employees that have been here for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 years. I am the 30 year person!!!! We are having a nice luncheon (I chose steak) and I plan on enjoying my meal.

Then, back on track at dinner (or the next day, if I'm not hungry).

Have a great day!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....and good news. I was DOWN 1.8 lbs this morning.

I wasn't hungry yesterday and lunchtime just kinda snuck by. Is "snuck" a word? I guess I should have said "sneeked." I had a 7 oz Ribeye Steak for dinner and other than decaf coffee and decaf tea, that was it....so I guess I should have lost some.

Yesterday’s Menu:
L: Wasn’t hungry
D: 6 oz. Ribeye

If I have to go to 1 meal a day to lose this weight, I guess that's what I will have to do. When I was younger (and had little kids to chase around, so I got in a LOT more exercise), I ate just one meal a day and was healthy.....and NOT overweight so I know it won't hurt me to do this. Now to "retrain" my brain. I obviously do NOT need to eat even twice a day. I so seldom eat breakfast that it doesn't even count. Very occasionally (about every 2-3 months) I go out for breakfast with family or a friend and that meal is very easy to keep VLC and even ZC.

Gotta run......Will try to get back later......
Old 10-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

It is pouring here today, need to build an ark. I am just glad it isn't snow.

I am having good ole fried chicken tonight. I actually found a cut up chicken a month or so ago. Usually any chicken now is packaged in parts.

I am also trying a spaghetti squash casserole and tossed salad. Rice for son's who eat it.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bounced UP 0.4 of a lb this morning. I think the reason is not enough water yesterday. I was on plan.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: Not hungry
D: Rotisserie chicken backs from 3 chickens.
I vacuum packed and froze the breasts from the chickens for soup and the leg/thigh quarters for dinners.

It's overcast and rainy out today. However, this is the same storm cell that gave Denver all that snow in the last few days, so I'm glad all we are getting is rain.
It's 57* but feels more like 40*. Tomorrow is supposed to be better.....and this weekend looks really nice.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Judy..you are not eating much at all...

I am still hanging in there .......and getting what I always get,doing what I always do!!

WTG Vickie on the size small pants!!

Last edited by slimlizzie; 10-29-2009 at 02:53 PM..
Old 10-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon.....I was DOWN another 0.8 of a pound this morning. That's the good news. The bad news is that after spending a little over 5 hours on my desktop computer, it still won't boot up right. SIL tried to just get my data off the hard drive on to my external hard drive, but in the middle of copying it, it kept crashing to the Blue Screen of Death. Aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!! He determined it's the hard drive. I can't see trying to "fix" it because then something else will probably go wrong.

Thank goodness I backed it up about 3 weeks ago so I have most of it on my external hard drive and can move it to my new computer which I will be ordering either this evening or tomorrow at the latest. I am just kinda bummed because this desktop is only a little over 2 years old and I put about $1500 in it. I have almost everything on it that was available at the time. Such is the world of technology. At least I will be able to keep and use the monitor (it's a flat one and I love it) and the speakers....they are fairly expensive ones. And of course, the wireless keyboard and mouse are still useable. I just have to buy a new processor and the one I want is $549 so that's not too bad.

Another bit of bad news is that I took SIL to his favorite place for lunch (Burger King!!) and I ate there too. Although, I was partly LC. I had 2 Whopper Jr. and took off half of the bun and put the meat together between 2 bun halves.....so it could have been worse. I'll probably be up some tomorrow, but that'll be gone before long so I'm not going to worry about it.

Weather is overcast, misting, but not really TOO cold. It's 43*....which is enough to keep the mist & rain from turning to snow and ice. Denver got over a foot of snow out of this same storm so we have been very lucky to get "just rain." I don't want to complain too loud about this weather. Mother Nature might decide to show me what bad weather really is.

Yesterday’s Menu:
L: Wasn’t hungry
D: 10 oz. Ribeye Steak

I blew it today at Burger King so tomorrow will probably be bad news....however, am back on plan, SIL went home, so any damage done should be gone in a couple of days.

See ya later......
Old 10-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy, I see you don't eat breakfast. And, like Lizzie noted, you aren't eating very much. Up the intake some.

Gibby, how was the 30 yr recognition meal???

Others, where the heck are you????
Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The luncheon was great! The food was wonderful and everyone was chatty and in a good mood.

The owner of the company gave all of us who were being honored great compliments and we each had to say something - which I wasn't prepared for but did quite well. For my 30-years, I received 12 gorgeous loooooooooooong stemmed red roses with baby's breath and a check in a very sizeable amount. I took it to the bank and put it on my car loan and will pay my car off next week! I have never had a car payment that lasted longer than 6 months and this one has been over 4 years and I'm tired of it!

I was very blessed!

I haven't been on plan this week. But will go back on probably on Sunday. I refuse to take any guilt or shame - this is a journey and there are going to be setbacks - such is life.

Good night everyone!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:08 AM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....I was UP just 0.2 of a lb this morning from my Burger King journey yesterday!! I really expected more. I'll be on plan today, but I would imagine I'll have some more up from that little episode in the next few days....but, I'm keepin' on keepin' on.

Yesterday’s Menu:
L: 2 BK Whopper Jr.s w/ 1/2 of each bun; a couple of onion rings
D: 1 cup chicken soup w/pat of butter & 1 Tbsp cream

Gibby....You are right...life happens. So long as you don't let your off plan meals/days derail you, and you get back on plan, you will still be on the path to better health and a better life.

Don't forget to set your clocks back 1 hour tonight.....

I just wish they'd get on standard time and leave it alone. But that'll never happen. Arizona seems to survive quite nicely without ever going on Daylight Savings Time. I never have understood how this "saves" daylight. We still have the same number of hours with "light" in the day.

Gotta go......I need to order a computer today. I'm pretty sure I have one picked out, but I want to do some more online browsing before I make my final decision.

See ya later................

Closed Thread