Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Hello my ladies!! My loves!! Who I have completely deserted and now haven't the time to catch up on all the posts I have missed.

I took my board exams on Friday and have had a stressful month in preparation! Eating has been ok... in ketosis but just don't seem to be losing it as I would like.

I was 189 today. Least I'm maintaining?

I worked out today, which was pretty big, for ME, since I'm quite lazy. I will be posting more, I promise!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Sam, maintaining is good during this stressful time.

Judy, just jump back on the track and go girl.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:13 PM   #93
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Hello my ladies!! My loves!! Who I have completely deserted and now haven't the time to catch up on all the posts I have missed.
You didn't desert us, you are here now!! When do we get the results for the board exams??
Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Samantha....Nice to have your smiling face back!! Yeah....what were the results of your boards???
Old 10-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Aww thanks guys! I won't have the results for probably a month... and I'm terrified. The test felt terrible and I had terrible cramps from TOM. AHHH, my life!

I'm having this stressful time right now, aside from the exam, I'm applying for residencies and setting up interviews, and I feel knots in my stomach. I don't know where I want to be. I feel like I can't leave Chicago if my Mom stays here (given that she's sick), but she is very picky about where she would move to. I just can't figure it all out!

Eating today was pretty good---

B: 1/2 serving Lindt 85%
L: 6oz balsamic chicken breast, 1 chicken sausage, 1 TB mayo, hot sauce, mustard
D: 8oz balsamic chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup artichoke, 6 asparagus spears, 1.5 oz butter
1 glass of sulfite free red wine

Exercise: 2 miles treadmill x 27 minutes
13 minutes on elliptical (clearly just to complete 40 minutes).

Seriously. It's time. The weight has to come off now. I'm not sure what more I can do. I can taste the ketosis. NOW GO AWAY WEIGHT. I want to see the 170s already!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:59 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.6/332.6/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 11/11/13
Good morning all!

Just popping in to say "hey". Keith, my friend with terminal cancer, rebounded - his kidneys started working properly, no more adrenal failure. They are putting a peg in his stomach to help him eat as the cancer has chewed up his esophagus and upper stomach so it is hard for him to eat. The prognosis still isn't good - obviously, but the grim reaper was kicked out of the room for now!

I'm so glad to be back on plan! I need to remember how I feel when I am "legal". I also signed up with my trainer again - I took a break of several months as I couldn't afford it any longer. I'm back with him because I need motivation to get my big ole butt off the recliner and "move it - move it".

Here's today's eats:

B-3 scrambled eggs with 1 oz cheese and green chilis
L-2 chicken thighs
D-steak and a small lettuce salad with a little spring onions and tomatoes with dressing - YUMMMMY! I'll be hungry after my workout

S-if hungry-deli slices and string cheese

Prayers for those who need them.

Linda - I can always tell when you are having a rough time - we don't hear from you We miss you when you don't post.

Need to get to work - I'll touch base later. Love ya lots!!!

Marilee
Old 10-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....Juat a quick check in. Another cold day here. But, at least the sun is shinning. That always helps.

I was UP another 0.6 of a lb this morning. For no apparent reason.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: 1 chicken thigh; 3 oz. Ribeye Steak
D: 8 oz. Ribeye Steak

In addition to the above, I had decaf coffee and decaf tea. NO hot chocolate. I don't get it.....but I will stay on plan and hope for the best.....that's all I can do. I "know" this is a healthier way to eat, but you'd think I'd lose some.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was DOWN 1.6 this morning. Finally!! ....
AND I had 1/2 a glass of wine with dinner at Sheri's last night....along with a 6 oz. Ribeye that was scrumpdillyicious. The wine was a Pinot Grigio so it wasn't a heavy wine, but still. I guess it isn't the "occasional" glass of wine I need to worry about. So long as they are very occasional. So far this week, I haven't had any hot chocolate (thanks to the suggestion from my friend Willeke). Maybe that's the key here. I'll stick with that at least through this week, maybe next week too, and see what happens.

I am really tired of bouncing up and down, but I know that we can only do our best. That's why I stick with this WOE no matter what. I "know" it's best for me. If nothing else, the improvement in my arthritis pain is enough to keep me away from those "poison" carbs.

Part of the reason I have just about given up on veggies (even the VLC ones) is so many of them have Vitamin K in them which interferes with the warfarin (blood thinner) I am on. When I eat just meat/eggs/cheese/cream, etc. I don't have to consider that aspect. It's much simpler. Makes for much simpler food prep too....and WAY less to think about while I'm in the grocery store.

There's NO chance of me giving up on this WOE. This is a WOL for me. I'll never give it up....unless the day comes when I have to go to a nursing home. I don't suppose they would be willing to feed me in this manner. It would cost them too much and I'm sure they would think it is unhealthy as so many do. Hopefully, that will never happen. Another advantage to this WOE is that what I eat doesn't cause cravings. I don't remember the last time I had cravings. I guess I am fortunate. I'm not saying some of the high carb foods don't "look" good, but I have no problem even watching someone else eat them without getting any cravings. I'm very thankful for that.
This is one of my mottos....

We're still having abnormally cool weather here. It's overcast but at least it's not raining. Had more rain yesterday. It's almost 11:00 and it's only 41* out. That's almost 20* below "normal."

Today is laundry day, so I guess I'd better get moving. Gotta go strip my bed.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....I was DOWN another 0.6 of a lb this morning. I just hope this keeps up. I SO want to find what will work for more than just a few days at a time.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: 1 cup homemade chicken soup
D: 4 oz. Ribeye & 1/2 cup chicken soup

We are overcast and 20* below normal, 45* right now, but at least we haven't had any ice.....YET!! It's not raining either, so that's good. But I'm really sick of not having any Fall weather. I LOVE Fall and Spring.

Have a good day, my friends. KUTGW!!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Now that it is chilly in the morning I have been wanting something warm. I pulled out the ole recipe box and got out my pumpkin "cereal" recipe YUMMY.

Not much going on here, status quo. I was up at TOPS this week, see stats, but still in leeway.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Now that it is chilly in the morning I have been wanting something warm. I pulled out the ole recipe box and got out my pumpkin "cereal" recipe YUMMY.

Not much going on here, status quo. I was up at TOPS this week, see stats, but still in leeway.

You are below goal-that's great!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

I made a pumpkin pie shake for breakfast this morning. Oh man was that yummy. Judy, you would be proud It included:
1/4 cup pumpkin
1 pkt sweetner
1 scoop Cinnamon Bun protein powder
several shakes of Pumpkin Pie Spice
~1/3 c almond milk
~1/3 c yogurt, plain
Old 10-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone!

Went for my second personal training session last night. After the first one on Tuesday I was a little sore. On Wednesday, I went to the gym and did about 20 minutes of cardio - I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is for me! I go right after work and I'm usually really hungry and tired and I just want to go home

The bad news is, the scale isn't moving. I can tell I'm losing inches, though, and I'll take what I can get. I want to get into Twoterville so badly!

Everyone have a great day! I need to get to work. TGIF
Old 10-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....I was DOWN 0.2 of a lb this morning. Not much, but it's better than UP so I'll take it.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: 1 cup chicken soup
S: 2 oz. Ribeye; 1 Tbs Sour Cream
D: 8 oz. Ribeye

I probably shouldn't have had the snack, but I was REALLY hungry. Better than donuts or a bag of chips.

Gotta run....KUTGW. See ya later!!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Good morning everyone!

Went for my second personal training session last night. After the first one on Tuesday I was a little sore. On Wednesday, I went to the gym and did about 20 minutes of cardio - I know that doesn't sound like much, but it is for me! I go right after work and I'm usually really hungry and tired and I just want to go home

The bad news is, the scale isn't moving. I can tell I'm losing inches, though, and I'll take what I can get. I want to get into Twoterville so badly!

Everyone have a great day! I need to get to work. TGIF
Hoping for a big whoosh for you.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's Today's Meditation.

Last edited by Parisfox; 10-16-2009 at 12:29 PM..
Old 10-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda, where are you? We miss you and we need you!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick check in. I was DOWN 0.6 of a lb this morning. Better than UP so I'm happy.

Too cold again today...but tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 60s and Sunday 70*. Normal is 65*.
Right now (almost 9:30am) it's just 43*. Brrrrrr...too early for that.

....to the losers.

....to anyone who needs one.

KUTGW...
Old 10-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Another pumpkin shake this morning, yummy, it is fall, can you tell????

For lunch, a salmon/tuna loaf w zuccini/tomatoe veggie bake.

BF and I are going to ride the scenic train this afternoon. Hopefully the weather will shape up and the sun will come out so we can see the beauty of the fall leaves.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Another pumpkin shake this morning, yummy, it is fall, can you tell????

For lunch, a salmon/tuna loaf w zuccini/tomatoe veggie bake.

BF and I are going to ride the scenic train this afternoon. Hopefully the weather will shape up and the sun will come out so we can see the beauty of the fall leaves.
Vicki....Where does the train go and where do you get on it? The leaves here have JUST started turning so there aren't any really good colors yet.

I forgot to post my menu for yesterday:

L: 1 cup chicken soup w/1 Tbsp HWC and a pat of butter (for added fat)
D: 2 eggs fried in CO; 4 strips bacon

See ya later....
Old 10-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hi everybody

I've been struggling because I've failed to plan. I need the structure of a plan. I also made the mistake of allowing myself unlimited veggies/salad. I've been doing more grazing than Elsie the cow. I "know" what I need to do ----so today I have a plan and I'm posting here for accountability. I've posted my menu to *********** (I prefer that to ******) and I'm weighing and measuring everything.

Judy~ WTG on the loss! Your chicken soup sounds really good.

Vicki~ your menu and your plans for the day sound wonderful! How do you make your salmon/tuna loaf?
I'm considering going to TOPS. Do you feel that going to TOPS has helped you significantly? I'm thinking that the accountability might be just what I need.

Gibby~ Linda is out of town for the weekend. I'm sure she'll be back soon

& hellos to everyone
Old 10-17-2009, 01:55 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for letting us know about Linda. She hasn't posted since the 10th so I was concerned about her.

Everone have a great day! Here's today's eats:

B-3 pieces of bacon, 3 egg cheese and green chili omelet
L-taco salad
D-steak

S-lime jello with a dollop of carb friendly Redi-Whip (I'm hoping it satisfies my taste for lime pie).

TTYL
Old 10-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Hi everyone!

It sure is quiet in here. HELLLLOOOOO?!?!?

I had a really good day yesterday! I made a food plan and I followed it. The best part is that I wasn't hungry and didn't miss the grazing

I don't know why I fight the structure when I NEED it.

My goal is simple.....plan, weight and measure (foods) and eat healthy foods in REASONABLE portions (no using my trough/big buckets:blush.
I've been eating 99% "healthy" foods...now I need to work on portion control and structured meal times.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
Vicki....Where does the train go and where do you get on it? The leaves here have JUST started turning so there aren't any really good colors yet.

I forgot to post my menu for yesterday:

L: 1 cup chicken soup w/1 Tbsp HWC and a pat of butter (for added fat)
D: 2 eggs fried in CO; 4 strips bacon

See ya later....
Judy, the train starts and ends in and around Boone, IA. It is a 7 mile run and takes about 2 hrs. There wasn't a whole lot of variation in the colors but oh well. Now today is absolutely gorgeous.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Liz-- It sounds like you have a good handle on things... go you! Thanks for letting us know about Linda, I was getting worried, too!

It's a beautiful fall Sunday here, and I'm off to the library to study. One of my last exams, EVER, is Tuesday. I cannot wait. It's the second part of my 2nd board exam, and I'm super nervous about it.

Eating is okay. Just okay.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy, the train starts and ends in and around Boone, IA. It is a 7 mile run and takes about 2 hrs. There wasn't a whole lot of variation in the colors but oh well. Now today is absolutely gorgeous.
Thanks, Vicki....I wonder if there will be a "beautiful display" of Fall colors this year. It's been SUCH a weird season...both Summer and Fall.

My weight was the same this morning as yesterday. Since it wasn't a bounce UP I'll take it.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: 1 cup chicken soup w/1 Tbsp HWC & a pat of butter (for extra fat)
D: 1 rotisserie chicken thigh and drumstick
S: Some Sour Cream (now it's gone...not buying any more for awhile).

Gotta run....Have a Super Sunday!!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got the Blue Screen of Death on my computer last night. That's all I could get this morning too. Thank goodness I have this laptop. I haven't used it very much, though, and the keyboard is somewhat different from my desktop's keyboard so please excuse any typos.

Sheri is coming over tomorrow anyway to swap out my modem. My ISP sent me a new one (for free no less) because they are no longer supporting the one I have. Apparently, the new one is supposed to increase my speed. That will be nice. Can't be too fast in my opinion. Anyway, she will also work on the desktop computer and hopefully she will be able to resurrect it. If it's dead, I guess I'll be shopping for a new one.

Now I'm not sure what my weight was yesterday (that's on my desktop computer and is no longer on my scale)....but I was down either 0.4 or 0.6 of a lb. Either one is good as neither one is a bounce UP.

Yesterday's Menu:
L: 1 cup chicken soup w/a pat of butter and 1 Tbs HWC for extra fat.
D: 3 egg bacon/cheese omelet
Decaf Coffee & Tea

My chicken soup is all gone now. I need to make some more.

The last time I bought Bacon Bits I was at Sams Club and I bought them in an oversized package. Now that I'm not eating salads I really didn't know what I'd do with them. Well, I found a GREAT use. I beat the 3 eggs, added some spices and dumped that in my omelet skillet; sprinkled some Bacon Bits (I use REAL Bacon Bits) on the eggs; sprinkled on a little shredded cheese and made the omelet. Then I plated it and sprinkled on some more shredded cheese, heated in the microwave to melt the cheese and MY OH MY....was that good. I'm gonna do that again soon.

Our low last night was 47* and our high today is supposed to be 72*. MUCH better....much closer to normal....fact is, maybe even a couple of degrees above normal.

Gotta run....

Old 10-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tonight I am making something new.

2 lbs Ground Chuck
1 lb Italian Sausage
1 can Mild Rotel Tomatoes
1 (8 oz) pkg Cream Cheese
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms
Italian Seasoning
Cumin

Panfry the meat in a BIG skillet; dump in the rest of the ingredients; heat until the cheese melts; EAT!! It sure smells good.

Here's Today's Meditation. There is some good advice as usual.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Love that meditation today, Judy!

I especially needed the reminder

Where is everyone? I'm finally back and everyone else is gone.... did I say something?? DO I SMELL Kidding, kidding.

Tomorrow is the last of my board exam and I will be so relieved when it's over.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:55 AM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy, I hate, hate, hate, problems with technology. It sounds like you are tweaking the hamburger/rotel recipe that has been circulating, sounds good.

Sam, it is almost over girl!!!

Me, I binged last night on mwave popcorn, 3 low carb tortillas with various toppings including cheese and pnut butter. I had pnuts too and SF ice cream topped with nuts and whipped cream. OK OK I said it and I don't want to look at the scale either. I feel fat and bloated this morning too. I started off this morning with a pumpkin shake, see previous posts and my usual coffee with cream.

I am home today with a sick kid, although he doesn't seem too sick to me. The school sent him home yesterday for 100.8 temp. His temp last night was 98.4. He is coughing, but lungs are clear and he has a mild sore throat due to the coughing. He slept all of yesterday afternoon too. The school wants him 24 hrs w/o temp w/o temp reducing meds of which he has NOT had. Only Robitussin for the cough.

So, I am planning on doing homework, grading papers, and am in the process of doing laundry. Trying to keep busy and away from the food and not beating myself up LOL.
Closed Thread