Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
Liz....Here's a place to check out the nutrition facts for the spices.

Weber Grill Creations

The Kick 'N Chicken DOES have a little sugar, however, you don't need to use enough that it would matter. The one I use is the one in the Grinder.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all, checking in from SG's place. We are going to do a 1 mile fundraiser walk in the morning. My youngest son turns 10 this wknd and his kid party is tomorrow at 12 at a park so the kids can play football. But, it has been raining for two days here and I don't have a plan B in place ARGH.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Hi all, checking in from SG's place. We are going to do a 1 mile fundraiser walk in the morning. My youngest son turns 10 this wknd and his kid party is tomorrow at 12 at a park so the kids can play football. But, it has been raining for two days here and I don't have a plan B in place ARGH.
Hi Vicki-I hope the rain lets up so you won't need a plan B
Old 10-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lawan
Stats: 183/158.8/118
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-Start March 2009
Hello everyone sounds like you all are doing great!!
I had a really busy day so I am posting very late!

Stayed on plan all day no stress eating yaayy!!

Br. 2 cups coffee with cream
L. 3 fried eggs
D. 3 fried eggs and fried cabbage
water water more water and 2 diet cokes

Everyone have a wonderfull weekend!!

Lawan
Old 10-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Good morning everyone,
Lawan, good job on no stress eating. I've fallen into that trap lately. That's not very much food that you posted. do you eat like that every day. If so, are you hungry at all? Please share. You've obviously been successful and I could used sometips.

Judy, I used the Kicking chicken seasoning in my scrambled eggs like you suggested. OMG, that was good. I am not a big scrambled egg fan but I added just a sprinkling of shredded mozarella cheese (that's all I had) and they were awesome. Thanks.

Vicki, sounds like you and SG worked things out. Hope the weather is holding out for your son's b'day party.

Liz, enjoy your cool weather. I'm so jealous.

Gibby, how's it going? You've been a little quiet lately.

Lizzie, are you still hanging with me?

Sam, Lei, Yvonne

Rachel, woohoo, you still out there?

Well, I got into some macadamia nuts yesterday I don't know why I bought them because I know I have portion control problems and the scale showed it this morning. So, today I decided to either throw them in the trash or divide them up into 1 oz. portions. I weighed out 1 oz. portions and put them into snack bags. I'm looking at each bag thinking THIS is 200 calories. I'm not sure that it's even worth it. The portion size is so small that if and when I choose to eat them I will think long and hard as to whether I want to spend 200 calories on such a small portion.

Well, gott run and go to get my hair trimmed.

Have a wonderful, on plan day.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 10-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

......It must have been the sausages....

I was on plan yesterday (no sausages) and I was another DOWN pound this morning.

I guess I'll have Italian Sausage only occasionally and in limited quantities.

The ones I have in the freezer (already cooked) will be eaten one at a time (or less). I'll use them in omelets and soups.

I gotta get in gear or I won't get anything done today. Gotta go look at tires for my car. See ya all later.....

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
hey everybody!

Linda~ STEP AWAY From those mac nuts! Better in the trash than on your bootay. I've learned that if I keep high calorie stuff like that I'm setting myself up for failure. Instead, I keep tons of cucumbers & raw veggies. You can get a LOT of those for 200 calories (maybe 7 or 8 big cucumbers?)

Judy~thanks for the link and info on the kickin chicken. I actually saw a small one with a grinder at walmart for about $2.
Re. the italian sausage...have you thought about making your own? I've done it with ground turkey, pork and/or beef. I just use my salt substitute for the salt. I also don't put them in casings. It freezes well.
I'm sure there are many other good recipes out there that could be used.

2 1/2 pounds lean ground pork butt or leaner cuts if desired
3 large cloves garlic, crushed
1/8 teaspoon dry basil
1/8 teaspoon dry oregano
1/8 teaspoon cracked rosemary
1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1 1/4 teaspoons fennel seed (up to 1 tablespoon if you like dominant fennel flavor)
1/4 cup beef or chicken broth or dry
1/2 teaspoon salt (SALT SUBSTITUTE)
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Italian (flat leaf) parsley, chopped, (stems removed)

Casings (water packed)*
  1. Hand-trim all visible fat from the outside of pork, then cube the meat, removing interior fat as you find it.
  2. Coarsely grind the pork and glean then ground meat, picking out gristle, cartilage and veins of fat. Grind one more time.
  3. After second grinding, place meat in a large bowl, add dry seasonings and blend by hand to mix thoroughly to ensure it is spread throughout the meat.
  4. Add broth or wine and mix again by hand.
  5. Stuff by hand or use sausage stuffing attachment on electric
    (do NOT use blade in meat-grinder when stuffing).
Old 10-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LAWAN~ KUTGW! WTG on not doing any stress eating

VICKI~ I hope the weather is nice for you son's birthday

GIBBY, LEI, SAM, YVONNE and everyone else

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
I'm really enjoying the gorgeous weather. (Sorry Linda...your time will come for cool weather AND you live so close to the beach and disney so I don't feel TOO sorry for ya)
Old 10-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Thanks Liz for the good thougts..we are going to lower the price of the house one more time....then we just might RAISE it!!

Still hanging in Linda..don't think I will ever give up! 177,175, 177, 175 Worked a wedding last night and ate some awsome beef tips and the noodles.:blush: I love fat always have you'd think Atkins would be a snap for me.
Never really ate sweets or bread until I married my DH...Italian holidays Mmm Mmm good! and they are upon us.

Have a great day everyone:hiya:
Old 10-04-2009, 09:15 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.....I was DOWN just 0.2 of a lb this morning. I was hoping for more, but that's SO much better than UP a pound so I'm happy. It was COLD when I got up this morning. 36*!!! That's WAY below normal for this time of year. Hopefully, it won't happen again for awhile....a LONG while.

Liz....Thanks for the recipe. I'm just going to stay away from sausage for awhile, but I'll copy that and save it for the future.

Lizzie....I'm like you. I have a "fat" tooth, not a "sweet" tooth...although I DO like sweets. That should make it easier for me too....so what's my problem???

I guess I'd better get my rear in gear. Lots to do today...
Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Good morning everyone,
Just checking in to say hi. Went to church this morning and am now off to the gym. I am planning a good day with my food.

BR - 2 HB eggs, black coffee
LU - 1 can water packed tuna, 2 T light canola mayo, mustard, 1 T SF relish, 1/2 cp. chopped spinach
SN - shake, 2 oz. pumpkom, 1 T chia seeds
DI - ribeye steak, broccoli, romaine & cucumber salad, caesar salad dressing
SN - greek yogurt

Have a great day.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

......I can't believe this!!

I had a ton of my own recipes and foods entered into my LifeForm software on my computer and was too stupid to back up the database!!
Somehow the file became corrupted and I had to reinstall the software and lost the entire database.....so I will have to re-enter all that info.
And I'm a great believer in "backup....backup....backup."

Just had to vent....Venting does help. Now to begin the arduous job of re-entering the info.

This will take weeks if not months because there's no way I'm going to do it all at once.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Judy, what a drag. I hear ya about backing up. I need to get an external hard drive too.

Son's bday party went well despite the occasional drizzle and cool weather. They had fun and burned off a lot of energy playing football. I was going to take them to a corn maze, but due to the rain, it was closed. So, off to the Y for basketball.

I stayed out of the bday cake and had made my own OMM chocolate of course with chocolate "cream cheese frosting. YUMMY. I didn't feel a bit deprived. I even liked the grilled, burnt hot dogs. You know with the crusty black burnt stuff.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 10-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone - just stopping by to say "HI". The Steelers are on so I'm going to log of soon and watch the game.

I had an accident yesterday - I was cleaning out the refrigerator and a cut glass butter dish with lid fell out and hit my big toe before hitting the floor and breaking. I have a pretty good gash at the base of my big toe. No stiches needed, but blood was everywhere! I just fininished steam cleaning the tile floors in the kitchen, hallway and bathroom to make sure everthing is sterile from the blood. Major bummer! I"m glad I had a box of bandaids on hand.

I've been in a funky mood this weekend - don't know what's going on - bored and irritable. I'm back on my eating plan so my mood should get better. I'm sure I'm just mad at myself for not being faithful to my new WOE.

Good night everyone!

TTYL

Marilee
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi everybody

VENT ALERT....complaints to follow....

It's a rainy and cool day here. It's funny how the weather can affect my mood. It makes me want to crawl back into my warm bed.

I'm waiting on an ac repairman for the THIRD time. I hate dealing with repairmen! I waited 6 hours the last time and they were a no-show I have to deal with this company because I have a home warranty. I definitely would have changed companies after the no-show. I think I'll start calling to make sure I'm on their schedule. I don't know how people who work full-time deal with the hassle

And to make my day even more special...I got a jury summons. I did this last year for 3 days...sitting and waiting to be called. I know it is a civic duty so I will do it (not that I have a real choice). I hope I'm selected to serve on a jury this time. I guess I failed the ??? session last time. They asked my profession, my husband's profession and place of employment, my age AND my full address. The defendent is sitting right there looking at you plus a room full of other potential jury members, cops, lawyers, family members, etc. I was just waiting for them to ask my weight I felt kinda violated to have to give all of that private info in front of a room of strangers (one accused of car jacking, armed robbery and kidnapping) Maybe I'm just too sensitive or private
Old 10-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Liz - you can call your home warranty people and complain and tell them you want to deal with someone else. I did and it worked.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GIBBY~ OUCH on the toe injury. I hope your toe is better
Quote:
I've been in a funky mood this weekend - don't know what's going on - bored and irritable. I'm back on my eating plan so my mood should get better. I'm sure I'm just mad at myself for not being faithful to my new WOE.
What I eat DEFINITELY affects my mood. You've done really great on atkins.....just keep on and you WILL feel GREAT!

JUDY~ arggghhhh on the file corruption. I've been there and done that. I feel your pain. My husband has lost some important research stuff (many, many hours of work). We finally invested in an automatic backup program. It does daily backups although you can adjust it to backup when you schedule it. You can tweak it to overwrite other backups etc. to save space.

VICKI~ I'm glad your son's birthday party went well. BRAVO to you for staying on plan by planning your healthy alternative!!! I bet you OMM even tasted better than the birthday cake!

LINDA~ I hope you had a good weekend. How'd your food plan work out? I went looking for canned pumpkin this weekend and couldn't find any.

LIZZIE~
Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Hi Liz - you can call your home warranty people and complain and tell them you want to deal with someone else. I did and it worked.
Thanks Gibby!

I thought about that but decided to give them one more chance
If they don't show up in a timely manner I will definitely be on the phone with my home warranty co.

Do you still have a home warranty? Did you have good experiences with it? Our house is at the age where everything is starting to show its age (kinda like ME).
Old 10-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Linda your menu looked great!!
Judy what a bummer..
Liz..vent cause now I am going to....

I have been salted totally the worst ever... I gained 5 lbs overnight!!!! and feel badly very very badly...will I ever learn?

Started today off with :
1 egg/butter
fried ham (not so smart huh? HAM!!!! SALT!!!)
Now I have to lose 35lbs!!!!

Took some alfalfa to try and get the water retention down, now I will try to drink more water today. Have no idea what to eat today. I am not a happy girl

186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 168 166 164 162 160 158 156 154 152 150
Old 10-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Liz-yes I still have my home warranty. Because I'm single and not handy at all, I like to have it so when things break, I have a recourse. I'm happy with the company I have - Service One.

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
Linda your menu looked great!!
Judy what a bummer..
Liz..vent cause now I am going to....

I have been salted totally the worst ever... I gained 5 lbs overnight!!!! and feel badly very very badly...will I ever learn?

Started today off with :
1 egg/butter
fried ham (not so smart huh? HAM!!!! SALT!!!)
Now I have to lose 35lbs!!!!

Took some alfalfa to try and get the water retention down, now I will try to drink more water today. Have no idea what to eat today. I am not a happy girl
I react like that to salt. Asparagus with lemon REALLY helps me lose the bloat. I've never tried alfalfa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Liz-yes I still have my home warranty. Because I'm single and not handy at all, I like to have it so when things break, I have a recourse. I'm happy with the company I have - Service One.

Good luck!
Thanks for the name. I use AHS. The service charge has gone from $30 to $60 per call. I might look into changing.

YAY..the ac guys are enroute!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....My weight is the same as yesterday. Holding is better than UP. I will be on plan again today. Maybe I'll have some DOWN tomorrow.

We are having unseasonably cold weather. It got to 32* in places last night. It's WAY too early for that. Hopefully, this is not indicative of what is to come this winter.

Gibby...Your poor toe.

Liz....I think I'd be in a worse mood after all that too. Hang in there...this too shall pass.

Here's Today's Meditation.

Have a great day, everyone. See ya later....
Old 10-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I react like that to salt. Asparagus with lemon REALLY helps me lose the bloat. I've never tried alfalfa.
Liz: Thank you I will try it tonight...

Gib: How is the toe
Old 10-05-2009, 03:28 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimlizzie View Post
Liz: [SIZE="3"]
Gib: How is the toe
I'm so thankful! My toe is much better - actually when I think about it, it could have been so much worse. My angels were watching out for me

Thank you for asking!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone..

I lost 2 lbs of water so far. Gee only 34 to goprobley had 34 to go last year at this time...you guys are good to put up with me

Determined to eat right today! Need to get those Asparagus with lemon in today Liz.
Had some baked chicken sauteed in butter for breakfast.
Judy I am trying to activate my FAT tooth.
Gib when I thought about it yes it could have been REALLY bad..glad it is better

Actually I haven't been sleeping well latley and that contributes to no losses for me..(I wake up in the middle of the night with the house in AR is on my mind)
Have a great day all
Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone! It's finally cooling off in Phoenix. Thank goodness.

Here's what's on the menu for today:

B-2 deviled eggs
L-rotisserie chicken
D-lamb patties with a side salad with dressing
Snack-if hungry-pork rinds with cream cheese and green chilis

I have to get to work - WHERE IS EVERYBODY? I miss all of you.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Another day.....and I'm UP 0.4 of a pound. Since all I had yesterday was Chicken and a Cheeseburger bowl, it must be fluid. I definitely did NOT get in enough water yesterday. That's something I continue to struggle with.

The sun is shinning and it's not raining, but it's cooler than normal. They say there is an El Nino this year so we here in the U.S. Mid-West "should" have a mild winter. I hope they are right. That would be nice.

Our normal temps are in the low to mid 70s this time of year. Since it's only 52* out right now and the highs for the next 10 days are in the low to upper 50s, I'd say that's cooler than normal. But there's no figuring out Mother Nature. All we can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I guess that's true of most of life, isn't it?

Gibby....Glad your toe is better. Makes mine hurt just thinking about it. It HAS been awfully quiet in here lately, hasn't it?

Lizzie....Prayers coming your way for the sale of the house in AK. I don't envy you that problem. It's hard enough when you are right there, but it would be much harder when you are so far away.

I'd better get moving. Stuff to do. KUTGW....See ya later.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lawan
Stats: 183/158.8/118
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Re-Start March 2009
Good Afternoon everyone

I didnt get to post yesterday had a busy day my daughter Megan is here with her three babies for a week and with my three little ones we are more than busy, but I stayed on plan most of the weekend until Sunday and I slipped up a little not badly. I got right back on the Low Carb wagon Monday and ate 8 eggs all day prepared one way or another. I had water water and more water and one diet rootbeer.

My daughter had a baby in August so she is doing low carb also and we are starting a egg fast today I had such great success with it last week, I lost a total of 3 pounds for 2 days of eggs and the other days low carb am down to 155.2. We will be eating one day eggs only and the next day low carb so we will see how that goes this week.

I have challenged myself to drink more water so I am working on that today we are planning on trying to go for a walk with all the kids later.

I normally don't eat eggs like this all the time but I am hitting it hard because of the holidays coming I know I will be off plan some so I am trying to minimize the damage I will be confronting on Jan 2nd. LOL Anyway today's plan is

Br. 3 fried eggs
L 3 deviled eggs
S 3 fried eggs

water water water and a diet coke
Everyone have a blessed day!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Boy Lawan, not much variety. I would get sick of that in a hurry LOL.

Going to TOPS in a bit will report later. However, I did make a meal that was posted on another thread about meals that whoosh or something like that. Anyways, 2 lbs of hamburger and 1 lb of sausage, 1 can Rotel tomatoes, and 8 oz crm cheese. I have it made and all ready to eat when I get back. I also added some cumin for heat.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

The recipe was yummy. Kind of like spicy stroganoff.

I stayed the same this week and still under my goal but in leeway. I had a dream I got to 158. Would love to, at least just to say I was in the 150's once.
Closed Thread