Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON ~~~SEPTEMBER (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/635205-keep-keepin-september.html)

DENMW 08-31-2009 04:47 PM

KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON ~~~SEPTEMBER
 
Our disclaimer


"This is a group of very supportive people some of which have been together for a very long time. Some are at their goal. Some of us are struggling to get to that goal. One thing I know for certain is that giving up is not the answer. So, we will keep on keeping on. We listen to each otherís struggles and are there in the good times and the bad. Newcomers are welcome."

Gibby 08-31-2009 08:45 PM

Yea, it's September some where in the world. Not where I am yet.

Pleasant dreams my cyber friends!

vli1127 09-01-2009 06:30 AM

I am here.

Gibby 09-01-2009 07:55 AM

Yea, it's September!

Everyone have a blessed day.

healthylowcarbin 09-01-2009 08:02 AM

Hi everybody! :hiya:

Sorry I went MIA. I've missed everyone and I do read the thread. I'm happy to see the new ladies....WELCOME!

I've continued to struggle with fertility. I went on major fertility drugs again and ended up with some nasty side effects (weight gain, ovarian cyst..OUCH, and a few TIA's (mini-strokes)) I was TERRIFIED when I was unable to speak and could barely more my right arm/leg. My neurologist told me that if I attempt any further fertility txs/meds I will be at very high risk for a full stroke. So I guess my body is telling me something. Now I am grieving the loss of a dream (to have a biological child).
I do believe that God has a plan for me even if it isn't the plan I would choose. My faith in this is what has kept me going thru the 5 miscarriages, multiple surgeries, procedures, etc. I also believe that the TIAs have helped me in a way....I am SO grateful to be alive and healthy. It really helped me put my "problems" into a different perspective. I've struggled with my weight and let it drive me batty. Instead of appreciating and celebrating the fact that I've lost 80lbs, I beat myself up because I want to lose 10 more pounds...how crazy is that:stars:.
I've tried SO hard to battle my fertility instead of just letting go and letting God.

UGH...sorry to be dumping all of this!

Today is my birthday and I've decided to give myself the gift of rejoining this group of lovely ladies.:birthday:

I've got to run now...I get to spend my birthday at the neurologist's office:rolleyes:

Vicki~ I'm glad to see you still posting! I'm so proud of you for reaching goal and for maintaining your weight!:high5:

Gibby~ CONGRATS on your FANTASTIC weight loss!:high5: I know you can do it! You've certainly got a great role model in Vicki!

Linda~ thanks for starting the thread. I hope you're doing well.

:heart::love::heart: to everybody else...Sam, Lei, Steph, Judy, Liz, etc....

Parisfox 09-01-2009 08:19 AM

Good morning....Not much going on here. The weather is still wonderful. This is more like late September or even October weather. I am lovin' it. They are predicting low to mid 70s for the next 10 days. The sun is shining and all is well.

Linda...thanks for starting the new thread. :notwrthy:

Liz....Prayers coming your way. :aprayer: You are right...God has a plan for all of us....and He knows what's best....so leave your life in His hands.

Gotta get my rear in gear. Lots to do today. Have a great day, everyone....and hang in there. Work your plan and your plan WILL work!! :high5:

See ya all later...http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...nds--Mouse.jpg

.

Gibby 09-01-2009 08:20 AM

Liz-80 pounds! That's wonderful!!! Yes, think of the fact that you lost 80 POUNDS!!!!! :notwrthy:

I can truly feel your pain and although my experience is way different, I had to mourn the loss of not having a child. Your health is the most important thing right now, so concentrate on getting well and strong and allow God to heal your heart.

:birthday: After seeing your doctor, go out and celebrate low carb style! Get yourself a big ole steak and make a nice fresh green salad with your favorite dressing and go to town!

We are here for you!

slimlizzie 09-01-2009 10:11 AM

:birthday: Liz....

You are so right about letting go and letting God. It is hard..but when you feel so low cast your cares on Him..he will never let you down, just tell him the burden is to hard for you and that you need Him to carry it for you. You will be surprised by comfort.

vli1127 09-01-2009 11:01 AM

((((((((((((((((((((((((Liz))))))))))))))))))))))) ) I missed you, so glad you are back. What an outlook you have, very positive.

Parisfox 09-01-2009 11:07 AM

.....Liz.....http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...atssinging.gif.....http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1...y/cookie-1.jpg


.

healthylowcarbin 09-01-2009 06:45 PM

THANK YOU to everyone for your birthday wishes, prayers and wonderful posts!:love: Reading your posts made me feel much better. I was feeling a bit lonely and sorry for myself because my husband has spent the last 2 hours watching tv (in a language I don't even understand):down:. I was feeling like hitting the refrig and eating because it is my birthday (entitled..haha) and I am not being spoiled or shown attention. :annoyed: ((hissy fit here))
Instead, I came here and I no longer feel like I need food to feel better....your posts already did that!:hugs::)

Judy~ I :heart: the birthday graphics! Thanks! Where do you find all of those wonderful graphics?

Where is LINDA???? And Yvonne? I sure could use one of your uplifting posts!

DENMW 09-02-2009 05:20 AM

Liz,I can't believe I missed your birthday:cry:


DENMW 09-02-2009 05:29 AM

Good morning everyone, I was in a really bad place yesterday. I was in my own pity party. I have been totally into the food for over a week now and am 1/2 lb. higher than when I started food coaching with Wendy. My hives are worse than ever. Romeo has been having many loose stools around the house and I've just let the cats, my weight and my hives really get to me. I have also felt really alone lately and realize that since my semi retirement I have not kept contact with friends and thus I've been feeling very disconnected. Roger has been very stressed by work and has not been there for me either. He doesn't want to hear any more about the cats. His reply is "what do you want me to do about it. Nice Roger, they're your cats too. I'm trying to understand that he's been traveling every week and now has developed an ear problem probably due to all the flying and cannot hear out of one ear. He goes to the ear doctor today. Hope he gives him some happy pills. Wendy has been on vacation so I've had no contact with her either. So, it's like when the cat's away the mice will play.

Enough, enough whining. Today I will stay on plan NO MATTER WHAT. I have a lot to do today and need to go out to get kitty supplies right now so I'll be back later. Sorry this was all about ME.

healthylowcarbin 09-02-2009 05:59 AM

Linda~ I'm sorry you're feeling sad. :(I had a huge pity party yesterday and sure could have used the company (haha). I felt disappointed that my husband watched tv instead of entertaining me on my birthday. However, I totally overlooked the fact that he actually came home early from work (which is a huge thing for him) to take me out to eat a surprise dinner and brought me some flowers and a really lovely card (one without a cartoon character which is REAL progress...haha). I had already eaten so I turned down the dinner. Instead of communicating how I felt to my husband I stomped off when he turned on the tv. :dunno: I guess I just wanted to throw my own pity party. :birthday:
Don't worry about missing my birthday, I certainly didn't advertise it....(if it is missed it means that it doesn't count, right???:hyst:)
Quote:

Enough, enough whining. Today I will stay on plan NO MATTER WHAT. I have a lot to do today and need to go out to get kitty supplies right now so I'll be back later. Sorry this was all about ME.
whine all you want...sometimes life can be tough and it is great to have an outlet.:hugs: I hope and pray you have a much better day today!:hugs:

healthylowcarbin 09-02-2009 06:19 AM

Hi everybody!

I wanted to share something wonderful that has happened to me. I've never had anyone discuss adoption with me....until this week. Just when I was feeling really low (about not having a child) I've had TWO people bring up adoption to me. One was the wife of a cardiologist. She didn't know anything about my history/fertility issues. I've never met her before. Almost immediately she started telling me how blessed she has been with adopting several kids (I think she is up to 7 kids). :eek: She also mentioned the joy she has felt reaching out to the homeless and helping. What an incredible lady!!! She wore a plain dress and drove an older van but radiated joy and happiness. Another cardiologist, who has multi-million dollar homes, seemed so incredibly unhappy:(. It was a really powerful reminder of what really makes a person happy AND it was a "nudge" to me re. adoption from a completely unexpected source.

Yesterday, I had yet another "nudge" from a really unexpected source.....my neurologist!:eek::eek::eek: He told me that his wife had suffered 3 miscarriages and then started the adoption process. Then she became pregnant (when they weren't trying) and had a healthy baby!:love: He told me not to give up hope for having my own child AND he reiterated some great reasons to adopt. WOW...most doctors I've been to were reserved and not the type to share such personal information.

Maybe these encounters were a coincidence?!? But, I honestly feel that they were gifts from God. :aprayer::notwrthy:

DENMW 09-02-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telemetrynurse (Post 12428085)
Hi everybody!

I wanted to share something wonderful that has happened to me. I've never had anyone discuss adoption with me....until this week. Just when I was feeling really low (about not having a child) I've had TWO people bring up adoption to me. One was the wife of a cardiologist. She didn't know anything about my history/fertility issues. I've never met her before. Almost immediately she started telling me how blessed she has been with adopting several kids (I think she is up to 7 kids). :eek: She also mentioned the joy she has felt reaching out to the homeless and helping. What an incredible lady!!! She wore a plain dress and drove an older van but radiated joy and happiness. Another cardiologist, who has multi-million dollar homes, seemed so incredibly unhappy:(. It was a really powerful reminder of what really makes a person happy AND it was a "nudge" to me re. adoption from a completely unexpected source.

Yesterday, I had yet another "nudge" from a really unexpected source.....my neurologist!:eek::eek::eek: He told me that his wife had suffered 3 miscarriages and then started the adoption process. Then she became pregnant (when they weren't trying) and had a healthy baby!:love: He told me not to give up hope for having my own child AND he reiterated some great reasons to adopt. WOW...most doctors I've been to were reserved and not the type to share such personal information.

Maybe these encounters were a coincidence?!? But, I honestly feel that they were gifts from God. :aprayer::notwrthy:

Man oh man, coincidence????? I think not dear girl. God is speaking volumes to you in those situations. I am praying for you EVERY day and I pray for God to speak to you in your circumstances. Hallelujah, He reigns!!!!:clap::clap:

Gibby 09-02-2009 07:58 AM

Good morning! I hope everyone has a great day.

Liz-that doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. Just think of all the wonderful babies/children waiting for a loving family to take them in. Adoption is a wonderful option.

Linda-at the risk of sounding preachy, I suffer from depression and have for years. The BEST thing you can do for yourself today is to get back on your eating plan. Your life right now is out of control and if you can control ONE thing, it will put everything in perspective. You go girl! You can do it.

I'm at work so I have to go. TTYL. Stay strong

vli1127 09-02-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telemetrynurse (Post 12428085)
Hi everybody!

I wanted to share something wonderful that has happened to me. I've never had anyone discuss adoption with me....until this week. Just when I was feeling really low (about not having a child) I've had TWO people bring up adoption to me. One was the wife of a cardiologist. She didn't know anything about my history/fertility issues. I've never met her before. Almost immediately she started telling me how blessed she has been with adopting several kids (I think she is up to 7 kids). :eek: She also mentioned the joy she has felt reaching out to the homeless and helping. What an incredible lady!!! She wore a plain dress and drove an older van but radiated joy and happiness. Another cardiologist, who has multi-million dollar homes, seemed so incredibly unhappy:(. It was a really powerful reminder of what really makes a person happy AND it was a "nudge" to me re. adoption from a completely unexpected source.

Yesterday, I had yet another "nudge" from a really unexpected source.....my neurologist!:eek::eek::eek: He told me that his wife had suffered 3 miscarriages and then started the adoption process. Then she became pregnant (when they weren't trying) and had a healthy baby!:love: He told me not to give up hope for having my own child AND he reiterated some great reasons to adopt. WOW...most doctors I've been to were reserved and not the type to share such personal information.

Maybe these encounters were a coincidence?!? But, I honestly feel that they were gifts from God. :aprayer::notwrthy:

Liz, when the student is ready the teacher appears and you hear what is said :hugs::hugs::up:

vli1127 09-02-2009 08:23 AM

I am responsible for my own happiness through the help of only one other, my God. I have to say the Serenity Prayer to remind myself of that too. I can't expect others to make me happy, although I try LOL.

Gibby 09-02-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vli1127 (Post 12428739)
Liz, when the student is ready the teacher appears and you hear what is said :hugs::hugs::up:

You are so wise Grasshopper!

Love ya Vicki!!!!

DENMW 09-02-2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibby (Post 12428620)

Linda-at the risk of sounding preachy, I suffer from depression and have for years. The BEST thing you can do for yourself today is to get back on your eating plan. Your life right now is out of control and if you can control ONE thing, it will put everything in perspective. You go girl! You can do it.

I'm at work so I have to go. TTYL. Stay strong

Thanks Gibby, that's not preaching at all but really good advice and I appreciate it and receive it now.:hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vli1127 (Post 12428751)
I am responsible for my own happiness through the help of only one other, my God. I have to say the Serenity Prayer to remind myself of that too. I can't expect others to make me happy, although I try LOL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibby (Post 12428787)
You are so wise Grasshopper!

Love ya Vicki!!!!

Iagree, very wise grasshopper;)

Parisfox 09-02-2009 10:05 AM

Good afternoon. Another week closer to Thanksgiving. http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/r...urkey_006c.gif....KUTGW.....

My menu for today:
L: Chocolate/Kahlua Protein Shake
D: Sirloin Steak; Homemade Chicken Soup
S: Hot Chocolate

It's another really nice/cool day. How long can this keep up? :dunno:

Liz....Adoption is a win-win situation. Good luck...and many prayers coming your way. :aprayer:

Parisfox 09-02-2009 02:34 PM

.

Here's Today's Meditation.

It was really late today.

Have a good day...see ya later....

.

DENMW 09-02-2009 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parisfox (Post 12430813)
.

Here's Today's Meditation.

It was really late today.

Have a good day...see ya later....

.

Thanks for being so consistent with posting and sending the meditations. I need all the help I can get.:hugs: Today is first day on plan in a while and it's always hard getting back n track than staying on track. Ahhh, I need to remember that.

vli1127 09-02-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parisfox (Post 12429291)
Good afternoon. Another week closer to Thanksgiving. http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/r...urkey_006c.gif....KUTGW.....

My menu for today:
L: Chocolate/Kahlua Protein Shake
D: Sirloin Steak; Homemade Chicken Soup
S: Hot Chocolate

It's another really nice/cool day. How long can this keep up? :dunno:

Liz....Adoption is a win-win situation. Good luck...and many prayers coming your way. :aprayer:

Thanksgiving LOL I haven't even considered it, well, I was kind of reminded of it when I made a turkey breast in the crockpot a couple of days ago.

Gibby 09-02-2009 06:55 PM

Hi all. I shared this on another thread, but I'll share it with you too.

Today was the first temptation I had to face at work since I started LCing on 8/8. Someone brought coffee cake and put in the kitchen and another person brought cookies and they were in the media room so no matter which way I turned there was SIN!

I survived the day with out tasting a crumb - I didn't even smell them or gaze longingly at them. I can't even tell you what kind of cookies they were - they were in a box sealed box and I didn't open it.

I never would have had that success in the past - I would have caved.

The ultimate test has yet to present itself - bagels and cream cheese or DONUTS!!!!!

Good nigt everyone! Sweet dreams.

DENMW 09-02-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibby (Post 12432050)
Hi all. I shared this on another thread, but I'll share it with you too.

Today was the first temptation I had to face at work since I started LCing on 8/8. Someone brought coffee cake and put in the kitchen and another person brought cookies and they were in the media room so no matter which way I turned there was SIN!

I survived the day with out tasting a crumb - I didn't even smell them or gaze longingly at them. I can't even tell you what kind of cookies they were - they were in a box sealed box and I didn't open it.

I never would have had that success in the past - I would have caved.

The ultimate test has yet to present itself - bagels and cream cheese or DONUTS!!!!!

Good nigt everyone! Sweet dreams.

Way to go.http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ies/woohoo.gif

DENMW 09-02-2009 08:16 PM

Day one back on track.http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ies/woohoo.gif to me too.

Gibby 09-03-2009 07:53 AM

Yea Linda!!!!:kicking:

Parisfox 09-03-2009 08:11 AM

Good morning....We are getting some needed rain this morning. I know the ground and the farmers need it, but I'd rather have sun. Oh, well....it will be sunny again soon. At least it's not sweltering hot so I'm happy. This is more like Spring than late summer. I'll enjoy it while I can. Next summer might not be so kind to us as this summer has been so far.

I finally had some DOWN on my friend the scale this morning. It's about time. Of course, if I would consistently stay on plan I would have more down days.

Yesterday I had planned on having steak for dinner but suddenly was hungry for bacon and eggs so that's what I had. I'll probably have the steak tonight. Even though it's raining now doesn't mean it will be at dinner time and since my deck is covered, I really don't care. I'll grill out anyway.

My menu for yesterday was:
L: Protein shake
S: a cup of homemade chicken soup
D: 4 pcs. bacon & 3 eggs
S: cup of hot chocolate at 7:00pm
So that was a good day.

I think I'll just post "yesterday's" menu each day instead of posting what I "think" I'm going to eat. That will be more accurate for me because sometimes I change my mind. :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibby (Post 12432050)
Hi all. I shared this on another thread, but I'll share it with you too.

Today was the first temptation I had to face at work since I started LCing on 8/8. Someone brought coffee cake and put in the kitchen and another person brought cookies and they were in the media room so no matter which way I turned there was SIN!

I survived the day with out tasting a crumb - I didn't even smell them or gaze longingly at them. I can't even tell you what kind of cookies they were - they were in a box sealed box and I didn't open it.

I never would have had that success in the past - I would have caved.

The ultimate test has yet to present itself - bagels and cream cheese or DONUTS!!!!!

Good nigt everyone! Sweet dreams.

Marilee....Congrats!! That's real progress. Here's something that my DD taught me and it really helps. Whenever you see something you don't want to be tempted by just say to yourself, "Poison....poison....poison. Why would I want to put poison in my mouth?" Even if you just see it on TV or in the grocery store, just say, "Poison....poison...poison." It REALLY does help...and it REALLY is poison. I suppose it's a form of brainwashing. It's also called "training." Give it a try. Can't hurt and it sure helped me.

Linda....Good job!! KUTGW


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.