Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
Good morning.....Just a quick check-in. I was DOWN another 0.6 of a lb this morning. This is GREAT!! Am doing my best to keep it going in the right direction.

Fall begins today....and it's going to be a beautiful Fall day here. Hope you guys are all having one too.

Have a great day, everyone. Work your plan....and your plan will work!! ............

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Good morning! The 5 happiest/most exciting times. This is hard-I have to think. Starting with the oldest....

1. Getting my own apartment
2. Getting a call from the love of my life from Viet Nam
3. Moving from Washington State to Arizona
4. Travelling to the British Isles
5. My Alaskan Cruise

My life is pretty boring
Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
I can't think of the happIEST or most exciting but things that make me happy are:
1. Spending time with my nieces
2. Losing 100 lb. and becoming a certified Spinning instructor
3. Having a room in a hotel which is beachfront
4. Playing with my kitties
5. Spending time with friends
Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
Good morning!

My DH went out of town yesterday and I'm happy to report that I stayed on track with my food. The night before DH left I actually fantasized about foods I could binge on Foods that I normally wouldn't buy because of DH....either he would make comments OR demand his "share" (and I'm really greedy/selfish with those kind of foods). I literally went to sleep planning what type of foods I would buy.
That is embarassing to post...but it is the truth.

I kept myself busy all day. I did something I've been meaning to do (yeah, good intentions). I went to a food bank place that does work with the homeless and abused women/children. I was given a tour of their "stock". There were a lot of blank spots in their food pantry because of the tough economy food donations are way down. They used to give families 3 large bags of food per month. Now they are down to one small bag. That made me so sad Then I started to think about all of the money I've wasted on bingeing and overeating.

I went to walmart afterwards and actually put almost $10 worth of sugar free treats (binge grub) in my buggy. I cruised around the store and prayed for the strength to do the right thing.... instead of buying $10 worth of junk I could buy 2 or 3 jars of peanut butter to help fill that empty pantry. It worked. I put back the expensive junk

I'm grateful to have found some additional motivation to stay on track. Sometimes it is hard to self motivate to stay on plan. I don't know if it is low self-esteem or just the urge to use food to "feel better" (and we all know how temporarily food can make us feel better)
Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks to everybody that responded to the top 5 happiest/most exciting things! All of your answers made me smile.... And hopefully thinking about those times also lifted your spirits. Isn't it great to reflect back on those happy times/events~ Even if you didn't feel like posting here...if you read this, please take a minute and think about what your personal happy times were.

Lei~ Your responses to the 5 happiest/most exciting things really touched my heart. Thank you so much for sharing. You listed events that were sad...but yet you were able to feel the joy

Gibby~
Quote:
Getting a call from the love of my life from Viet Nam
awwwwwww...
Old 09-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone, quick check in then off to take Jasmine to the vet for followup bloodwork. Both Jasmine and Romeo are doing well.

Liz, good job on putting back the SF treats. I'm so proud of you.

Laterguys.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good news....I was DOWN another 0.6 of a lb this morning. Will be on plan again today. Gotta keep this going.

Today was laundry day...just got back from the laundromat awhile ago. Now I have to take my BIL to his doctor's appointment in a little while so I guess I'd better get moving.

Here's Today's Meditation....one that applies to all of us, I'm sure. I know it does to me.

See ya all later.....
Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/139.6/150 5'6" 31y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Liz!!!!!

I wish you had come here with your DH!!!

My top 5 things? I feel so young and inexperienced but:

1) My 3 week outdoor/backpacking trip to Hawaii
2) Starting Armour thyroid (from Synthroid) and feeling amazing after a month
3) Running a 10K and getting a 3rd place medal
4) High school graduation-- getting called on stage for graduating in the top 10 and having my favorite teacher put my medal on (I didn't yet know I was top 10)
5) Getting my first medical school acceptance... was on cloud 9. I danced around and drank champagne with my mom.

EW that totally sounded like bragging. But they were just such exciting times!!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.

Internist, Endocrine Fellow
Old 09-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha42 View Post
Liz!!!!!

I wish you had come here with your DH!!!

My top 5 things? I feel so young and inexperienced but:

1) My 3 week outdoor/backpacking trip to Hawaii
2) Starting Armour thyroid (from Synthroid) and feeling amazing after a month
3) Running a 10K and getting a 3rd place medal
4) High school graduation-- getting called on stage for graduating in the top 10 and having my favorite teacher put my medal on (I didn't yet know I was top 10)
5) Getting my first medical school acceptance... was on cloud 9. I danced around and drank champagne with my mom.

EW that totally sounded like bragging. But they were just such exciting times!!
That DID NOT at all sound like bragging, be proud you earned every bit of it.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone, I'm just keeping on and holding weight. Thinking about some other options.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No good news this morning. I was on plan yesterday, however, I got the inevitable bounce UP of 0.6 lbs this morning. I have been expecting it and am surprised my downward roll lasted as long as it did without a bounce up. I will be on plan again today and just keep on keepin' on.

Have a great day, everyone.....
Old 09-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
No good news this morning. I was on plan yesterday, however, I got the inevitable bounce UP of 0.6 lbs this morning. I have been expecting it and am surprised my downward roll lasted as long as it did without a bounce up. I will be on plan again today and just keep on keepin' on.

Have a great day, everyone.....
Hey Judy, .6 lb. is nothing, keep on and it will go down again.

Where is everyone else?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:57 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everybody

TOM showed up without the usually severe PMS symptoms. Usually I get a very bad headache (I'm so grateful that didn't happen because a headache preceded my worst TIA's) and I become easily irritated. I HATE feeling like that. PLUS I usually gain about 5-7lbs......NOT this time! I really think that increasing my fats has somehow helped in this area.

I'm trying to stay positive and busy.

I hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....Good news....I was DOWN another 0.6 of a lb this morning.

Yesterday for lunch I had 1/2 of a chicken breast 1/2; 2 large radishes & 2 inches of a medium cucumber with 1 TBSP of Bleu Cheese Dressing for a dip.

For dinner I had a Cheeseburger Bowl made with 7.4 oz. of fried crumbled hamburger, 1 midget dill pickle sliced thin, & 2 oz. of shredded cheese melted on top. It was YUMMY.

That left me fairly low on protein so I think I'll have a protein shake for lunch today and see how that goes.

Here's Today's Meditation. It's REALLY good and is GREAT advice.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 09-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #196
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Quote:
Good morning....Good news....I was DOWN another 0.6 of a lb this morning.

Yesterday for lunch I had 1/2 of a chicken breast 1/2; 2 large radishes & 2 inches of a medium cucumber with 1 TBSP of Bleu Cheese Dressing for a dip.

For dinner I had a Cheeseburger Bowl made with 7.4 oz. of fried crumbled hamburger, 1 midget dill pickle sliced thin, & 2 oz. of shredded cheese melted on top. It was YUMMY.

That left me fairly low on protein so I think I'll have a protein shake for lunch today and see how that goes.

Curious, are you eating enough? Just askin'?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:38 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all cruising through to let you know I am still around. Nothing much to report.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody

DH is on call this weekend so he will be at the hospital the whole weekend. I woke up this morning thinking about food. NOT a good way to start my day. Plus I'm in the middle of TOM (not only do I hurt physically but I feel like I failed again every month...then I start to feel like I deserve a "treat" which = food)
These things combined can spell trouble for me. I refuse to give in this time.

So, my plans are to attend an OA meeting (it's been a long long time).

I'm also gonna buy lots of cucumbers to munch on if I get the grazing urge.
I usually try to fight the urge to munch....but I do like to have a very low calorie/carb snack on hand just in case.

I hope everyone has a good weekend

Lei & Vicki.... so nice to see you lovely ladies posting!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_gal View Post
Curious, are you eating enough? Just askin'?
Oh, yeah....If you aren't hungry, and you keep your fluids up, you are eating enough and your body is getting what it needs. At least that works for most people. Did you know that people who get the stomach stapling surgery eat approximately 500 calories per day?? Since I take lots of supplements I know I'm getting all the nutrients I need. All our bodies REALLY need is protein. The protein is used to repair any damage to our cells, etc. The fats keep us satiated, and we don't "need" carbs at all. Our brains use a minimal amount of carbs and those are manufactured in our livers. But thanks for your concern.

A "bit" of good news this morning. I was DOWN 0.4 of a lb. After losing the "vacation" weight, it certainly is coming off slower now. BUT, I know that's how it works...at least for me. But "slow and steady" wins the race. Too bad the "real" fat can't come off as fast. I'll be on plan again today. Am having a protein shake for lunch and either chicken or a cheeseburger bowl for dinner. That's what I had yesterday and it was VERY satisfying.

Vicki....

Liz....Radishes are good for "crunch" too if you like them....so is celery. They are both LC too.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,
Just a quick checkin and then on to tidying things up. I am planning my menu and logging it into *********** as soon as I hit post reply. Liz, hope you had a good meeting and get inspired to stay ontrack.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Got a little picking up done, very little. But, the best part is that I made up some food to have on hand and planned out my entire day with my food including a middle of the night snack which has always been a problem for me. So, a sponsor once had me factor in the middle of the night and it works well for me. If I don't need it, I don't eat it.

Here are my results for today

Calories -1,780
Fat gm. -75
Carbs -81
Protein -203
Fiber - 32
Sodium - 2,269 mg.

45% protein
37.1 % fat
17.9 % carbs

Have a great day. Off to do a little more picking up.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Got a little picking up done, very little. But, the best part is that I made up some food to have on hand and planned out my entire day with my food including a middle of the night snack which has always been a problem for me. So, a sponsor once had me factor in the middle of the night and it works well for me. If I don't need it, I don't eat it.

Here are my results for today

Calories -1,780
Fat gm. -75
Carbs -81
Protein -203
Fiber - 32
Sodium - 2,269 mg.

45% protein
37.1 % fat
17.9 % carbs

Have a great day. Off to do a little more picking up.
So I made some changes in my foodplan today because I went out to dinner. My committment to myself is to preplan and log my day into *********** and if I deviate, go back at the end of the day and make appropriate changes. I ended up very close.

Calories - 1,721
Fat - 67
Carns - 70
Protein - 214
Fiber - 25
Sodium - 2,488

Fat - 34.8
Protein - 49.1
Carbs - 16

Exercise - 1 hr. Spinning
Old 09-27-2009, 07:40 AM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
OK, guys, my eating has gotten way out of control. It has been lower carb, but fake and high in fat and sodium. Nuts, cheese, SF candy I feel like I gained 10 lbs, afraid to weigh in. I feel bloated. So, on to clean eating.

What is it called Frankenfoods?? Well, that is what has been going on ARGH.

This morning is a chocolate soy milk protein shake w that pnut butter powder and chia seeds w flax muffin. Not exactly real clean, but not too filling.

Lunch will be some kind of protein and veggies and supper is chicken veggies and butternut squash. I know the squash is higher carb, but it needs to be cooked.
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
9-28 206.4 down 11.8 lbs Total - 54 lbs
10-28 203.2 down 3.2 lbs Total - 57.2 lbs
11-27 204.8 up 1.6 lbs Total - 55.6 lbs
Old 09-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. Only time for a quick check-in. Leaving in a few minutes.

It's beautiful out today. The sun is shining, it's 59* right now and we're heading toward 82* for a high.
Then for the next 10 days they are predicting highs in the upper 60s to the mid-70s. My kinda weather.

I was DOWN another 0.8 of a lb this morning....so that's even more good news!!

KUTGW everyone....

Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
OK, guys, my eating has gotten way out of control. It has been lower carb, but fake and high in fat and sodium. Nuts, cheese, SF candy I feel like I gained 10 lbs, afraid to weigh in. I feel bloated. So, on to clean eating.

What is it called Frankenfoods?? Well, that is what has been going on ARGH.

This morning is a chocolate soy milk protein shake w that pnut butter powder and chia seeds w flax muffin. Not exactly real clean, but not too filling.

Lunch will be some kind of protein and veggies and supper is chicken veggies and butternut squash. I know the squash is higher carb, but it needs to be cooked.
Vicki, we can do this c'mon now. We've done it before. It's just a matter of getting a roll goin again. I, too, have been floundering but yesterday started tracking my food again in *********** and if I made any changes I would go back and fix it. I ended up eating more than I wanted to yesterday due to an addtional middle of the night episode but it was better than the day before and today will be even better. You will be better too.

Quote:
Good morning. Only time for a quick check-in. Leaving in a few minutes.

It's beautiful out today. The sun is shining, it's 59* right now and we're heading toward 82* for a high.
Then for the next 10 days they are predicting highs in the upper 60s to the mid-70s. My kinda weather.

I was DOWN another 0.8 of a lb this morning....so that's even more good news!!

KUTGW everyone....

59 degrees?? I'm so jealous. It is so hot here! Enjoy your day.

everybody
Old 09-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: slimlizzie
Stats: 186/180/148 fully clothed
WOE: LC
Start Date: 1999
Quote:
Oh Vicki I am so there with you...only I am eating the real sugars :blush:
Quote:
Vicki, we can do this c'mon now. We've done it before. It's just a matter of getting a roll goin again.
Linda: you are right...got to get in that zone again..I wake up everyday with good intentions...then Blah!!!

Well Vicki as Bob the Builder would say we can do it...YES WE CAN!!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....Only have time to just jump in for a minute to say "Hi" and that
I ate more than normal yesterday (albeit on-plan foods)
and I bounced UP 0.2 of a lb. I consider that "holding" so I'm not upset.

Gotta run....KUTGW and Work Your Plan!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's Today's Meditation.

........and........

Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I had a really off-plan feeding frenzy on Sunday (euphemism or politically correct way to say binge )

The important thing is that I got right back on track and have been eating like a rational person since Monday.

VICKI~
Quote:
BRAVO for nipping this in the bud! You can do it!!! The thing that will keep you at goal is that you are honest with yourself when your eating gets "out of control" AND you take action. My worst problem, in the past, has been to go into a deep denial. Refusing to weigh and breaking out the stretchy pants. That is when I pack on some serious weight. GREAT job on staying accountable!
It isn't easy but it is SO worth it!

GIBBY~ where are you??? Missing your posts!

LIZZIE~ It must be something in the air?? I got into real sugar too. That is a rare thing for me. Usually I hit the sugar free stuff (like it is any better....has the same calories plus the added benefit of GI distress)
I hope you're doing better. How is the job hunt going? sending you lots of good thoughts and

JUDY~ congrats on your down days! Thanks for the cute graphics! Where do you find those?

LINDA~ hey....it is in the 50's here today It sounds like you're ready for the fall? I LOVE the fall

LEI & SAM....
Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....well, the weather is good this morning. The scale wasn't. I am UP 1.6 lbs this morning. Had some off plan foods/drink last night so I asked for it, but today WILL be on plan.

It's a cool sunny day here. Fall is definitely here. It's only 50* out right now (nearly 10:30am) but they forecast a high of 67* so that will be nice. I was out and about earlier and it doesn't feel that cool. No wind so that makes a difference.

Got my "regular" flu shot while I was out....I'm not getting the H1N1 shot. It has been rushed to market so fast, and there are just too many unanswered questions about it AND it's a "live virus" vaccine. The regular flu shot is a "dead virus" vaccine and can't make you get the flu.

I just saw on TV that some healthcare workers who are refusing to get the H1N1 vaccine are going to be fired if they don't get it. Not sure what part of the country they are in, but since when is it a fireable offense to not get something that has NOT been proven safe? Makes me wonder what will be mandatory next.

Gotta get my rear in gear....lots to do today....See ya later....
Closed Thread