Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DENMW
Stats: 243/155/139 5'4", Age 62
WOE: Vegan
Hi guys, just a quick check in. I've been grazing all day. It's been an emotional day. Romeo is not doing well the last few days and is the worse today. He started vomitting and is hiding in the closet. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow. I hope he is not in any danger tonight. Please say a prayer for him. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #62
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TropicLCer
Stats: 241/241/160
WOE: Modified Grey Sheet
Start Date: 09/07/09
Thanks Linda!

There were actually many aspects of the program I really connected with, but there were others that caused a bunch of stress in my marriage, like the absolute rigidity I found with my sponsors about phone calls...my husband was really negative. He kept saying I knew what I needed to do and that I should just do it--can you tell he has never struggled with weight? Anyway, there was also the restaurant issue, when I had to special order everything, and send it back and w/m everything, and it was true: by the time all my food would finally be "just right" everyone else would be finished eating and asking all sorts of questions about why I did this and that...I did well and lost, like I said, around 60 pounds...but it was difficult to maintain and the idea of "forever" became more than I could bear.

With my personal trainer's food plan I had to eat exactly the same thing every day, and when I asked about transitioning out of that regime at "maintenance" he told me I would NEVER be able to leave that diet because the weight would pile back on...no thanks!

With him I ate 3 egg whites (no yolks) and an apple for breakfast; 100 cal. protein supplement (called Amino Fuel) for morning snack; 4 oz. boneless/skinless chicken breast cooked with NO fat and a salad with no dressing, except perhaps a tablespoon of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar for lunch, another dose of Amino Fuel for afternoon snack, and then dinner was 4 oz. fish (such as tilapia or orange roughy) steamed, not fried with salad for dinner...no dressing either. IF I was hungry at the end of the day I was allowed 1/2 can of white albacore tune packed in water as an evening snack...I also took fat burners, and omega supplements, as well as vitamins during this time. I think with 2x daily workouts (burning over 1500 cals a day with exercise) I lost something like 35 pounds in 2 months! I just could not keep this up either....

Plus I had been reading all about healthy weight loss, and getting nothing but conflicting information no matter where I turned...I just got so confused by everything, that I just gave up. Now here I am back to 7 pounds less than my highest ever nonpregnant weight ( I actually was 250 EXACTLY) the day my oldest son was delivered...with my twins, I only hit 240....so I am higher that I was on the day my TWINS were delivered!

Anyway, sorry for rambling...I actually think I would love a sponsor, but I think that anyone who could sponsor me would require the 90 meetings in 90 days, and ****-style rigorous abstinence that in my situation where I have to consider other people besides myself, will just not work for me....If you could point me to someone who could sponsor me that would be great. I know it works, I just need to be able to fit my life to it...

Stacey
Day1
Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Posting my food plan for tomorrow:

Food Plan for Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2009...
Breakfast:
4 oz. Sausage
8 oz. Pineapple
Lunch:
4 oz. Chicken Breast
4 oz. carrots
8 oz. Salad
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Dinner:
4 oz. Chicken Breast
8 oz. Green Beans
16 oz. Salad
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil

NMW,
Stacey
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
This takes just 3 minutes and is absolutely beautiful.....

Video of the 50 states ~ it's awesome!

When you click on the link, the outline of the United States will appear and frame all of the subsequent pictures slowly, in a slide type presentation.

Put your speakers on to go along with the mood that is created.

This is better than Good, it's spectacular so key down and click on the link below.

Make sure your sound is on. This is absolutely beautiful!!!

My Beautiful America

Old 09-08-2009, 05:38 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicLCer View Post
He kept saying I knew what I needed to do and that I should just do it--can you tell he has never struggled with weight? Stacey, my ex did practically the same thing. He couldn't understand why I couldn't just push myself away from the table!

With my personal trainer's food plan I had to eat exactly the same thing every day, and when I asked about transitioning out of that regime at "maintenance" he told me I would NEVER be able to leave that diet because the weight would pile back on...no thanks!

With him I ate 3 egg whites (no yolks) and an apple for breakfast; 100 cal. protein supplement (called Amino Fuel) for morning snack; 4 oz. boneless/skinless chicken breast cooked with NO fat and a salad with no dressing, except perhaps a tablespoon of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar for lunch, another dose of Amino Fuel for afternoon snack, and then dinner was 4 oz. fish (such as tilapia or orange roughy) steamed, not fried with salad for dinner...no dressing either. IF I was hungry at the end of the day I was allowed 1/2 can of white albacore tune packed in water as an evening snack...I also took fat burners, and omega supplements, as well as vitamins during this time. I think with 2x daily workouts (burning over 1500 cals a day with exercise) I lost something like 35 pounds in 2 months! I just could not keep this up either....

That sounds like torture

I know it works, I just need to be able to fit my life to it...

That is a great attitude Stacey
Somehow my comments to Stacey edited, are included in the quote, not quite sure how to do that yet.

I feel as though I have gained, TOPS is tonight. I hope I am still below or at goal wt. However, I have noticed that portion sizes have increased a bit, second helpings, and the darn nuts and cheese ARGH. What I need to do is snack on veggies. It isn't like I don't have any

Last edited by vli1127; 09-08-2009 at 05:39 AM..
Old 09-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all,
Just a quick check in and then off to take Romeo to the vet. He got worse last night and was vomitting and now has bloody, mucousy stool. Please say a prayer for us. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
This takes just 3 minutes and is absolutely beautiful.....

Video of the 50 states ~ it's awesome!

When you click on the link, the outline of the United States will appear and frame all of the subsequent pictures slowly, in a slide type presentation.

Put your speakers on to go along with the mood that is created.

This is better than Good, it's spectacular so key down and click on the link below.

Make sure your sound is on. This is absolutely beautiful!!!

My Beautiful America

Thanks Judy. That IS absolutely beautiful. Since being semi retired I've wanted to travel some and I've thought about trraveling abroad yet there is all this beauty right here in the US that I haven't seen. Awesome.

Vicki, the nuts and cheese are killers, I know

I dropped Romeo off and he was admitted overnight for bloodwork, Xrays and observation. Geez, $$$$$$ just doesn't stop. I didn't realize we were paying for the education of his yet unborn grandchildren
Later guys, I didn't sleep well at all and I have to sub a Spinning class tonight so I HAVE to stay on plan and get a little nap in.
Lost 100 pounds, my story
Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 349.8/343.0/190
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: 7/29/2014
Linda, please don't get angry at me, but is it time to ease Romeo's suffering? I know it is a difficult decision to make, but reading these posts, it sounds like it's time for him to go and be with Jesus.

You are in my prayers.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Linda, please don't get angry at me, but is it time to ease Romeo's suffering? I know it is a difficult decision to make, but reading these posts, it sounds like it's time for him to go and be with Jesus.

You are in my prayers.
Nope, not time yet.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

Surprise, surprise, down a pound at TOPS. I will take it.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Nope, not time yet.
Ok, I just care about you....
Old 09-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Yahoo! Ain't nothin' wrong with a pound

Congratulations!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Ok, I just care about you....
I know Gibby, thanks for the prayers. The bill was not as much as I thought and Romeo is home and doing fine. Me on the otherhand not so fine. My weight is wayyyy up

gotta run
Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

checking in..

Hi Everyone...
Today went better and I mainly stuck to my plan, though had to make a change in the morning, due to technical difficulties...

Linda, How is Romeo doing? You and he are in my prayers...

Hope you are all well...
Blessings to all,
Stacey
Old 09-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: healthylowcarbin
WOE: lower carb/whole foods
HI Everybody,

Sorry I've been MIA again! I've had some tummy/sore throat stuff going on and feel tired. I'm doing pretty well with my woe.
I am STILL trying to learn my lesson about "healthy" binge foods. My latest is fage. It has been on sale at whole foods for $2.49 per 17.6oz. Which is almost half price. I have been stocking up The problem is that once I have it I want to eat it. I know it is "healthy" but not in the amount that I eat. I ate 5 in ONE DAY. I didn't eat much else (didn't have the room). Now, I will only buy one at a time and keep it for a treat.
It is the same thing I have to do with apples. I love apples but will eat whatever I buy. So instead of totally depriving myself I will occasionally buy ONE apple.

Stacey~ congrats on your on-plan day! I can relate to what you wrote about GS. I've tried the plan briefly (well, I never got a sponsor so I really didn't try the plan:blush: I just followed the "diet" and it was a bit too restrictive for me)
I wish Yvonne would post here ...she is SO incredibly inspirational with her GS success. I don't know how many days she has...but it has been several months. Perhaps she might know of a sponsor that would work for you. Or have you listened in on the phone meetings for sponsors? I know Linda has experience with GS and can maybe give you some ideas.
Vicki~ CONGRATS on your loss this week! I really admire your consistency and accountability. Even if you overdo it on the nuts/cheese portion sizes....you still go weigh in and get right back on track

Gibby~ are you still doing atkin's induction? How is it going?

Judy~ thank you so much for all of the wonderful things you post! Your inspirational posts, smilies and links have given me many smiles! I hope you have a WONDERFUL visit with your sister!

Linda~ I hope your certification class went well. Wishing you and the kitties a wonderful day!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
Hello everyone. Am at my sister's and having a very nice visit. Just thought I'd check in and post the meditations that I have missed because I have been gone. I don't have time to read all the postings, but will get caught up when I get back home. Congrats to those who are doing well and hugs to those who aren't doing so well.

Here is Wednesday's Meditation.

Here's Today's Meditation.

Have a good weekend, everyone. I'll post more often when I get back home.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all. Sorry I haven't been very chatty lately. Not much new to report.

I am a bit discouraged-I've gained 2 pounds in two weeks and I don't know why. I've been doing everything right. I was hoping to be down at least 2 pounds in two weeks. It's tough because I'm really craving cookies or pie or cake or BREAD or something really bad like that. It's taking everying in me not to run to the store and get a loaf of bread and make toast.

Can anyone tell me if it's "normal" to work the program correctly and gain? Is it going to come off?

Thanks for your help.

Marilee
Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning all. Sorry I haven't been very chatty lately. Not much new to report.

I am a bit discouraged-I've gained 2 pounds in two weeks and I don't know why. I've been doing everything right. I was hoping to be down at least 2 pounds in two weeks. It's tough because I'm really craving cookies or pie or cake or BREAD or something really bad like that. It's taking everying in me not to run to the store and get a loaf of bread and make toast.

Can anyone tell me if it's "normal" to work the program correctly and gain? Is it going to come off?

Thanks for your help.
Hey Gibby, you might want to start tracking your food intake in ****** or ***********. I have found that although portion control is not stressed in DANDR, it is important. When I do "low carb" without boundaries I find that I eat in excess of 3,000 calories a day. Also, sodium is a big factor. I track that too in *********** because I find that if I'm eating a lot of processed food that I don't lose or gain. And after all, getting healthy is what we want to do, right, and too much sodium is not good. Stick with it. You are doing so well, don't lose your momentum. It's much harder to get back on plan than to stay on plan. I can vouch for that. I know that feeling of just wanting to pick up and I'm here to tell you it doesn't help. I've been doing emotional eating for several weeks now and I have a good day then a not so good day and through it all I can honestly say that the food does not do for me what I thought it did before. OK, I'm rambling now so I'll stop.

Judy, enjoy your visit.

Stacey, Romeo is not doing well. I am waiting for the vet to call me back. I think the plan is going to be that they will sedate him and examine his rectum as that seems to be where all his discomfort is coming from. Thanks for your thoughts.

Liz, hop you are having a good day.

Lizzie, Rachel, Vicki, Sam, Steph, Yvonne hope you are doing well.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #79
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENMW View Post
Romeo is not doing well. I am waiting for the vet to call me back. I think the plan is going to be that they will sedate him and examine his rectum as that seems to be where all his discomfort is coming from. Thanks for your thoughts.
Good thoughts, prayers, and white light heading for Romeo..

Liz~ Good to see you stranger!!

to everyone else...

Where's Sam??
Old 09-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for you input, Linda. My portions are small. I just eat until I'm satisfied. Here's a sample menu - pretty much the same everyday except for the type of protein.

B-2 eggs and 2 bacon, or I'll have 3 scambled eggs with cheese
L-2 chicken thigs
D-8 oz steak, or 2 pork chops, etc. with 2 cups lettuce and 2/3 cup brocolli with EVOO and vinegar

If I have a snack it's protein and string cheese
Old 09-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everybody!

Quick check in. DH is home and has to be on the computer all weekend
catching up on work. I'm doing really well with my woe even though my scale is NOT cooperating I know it is fluid retention because my rings are really tight. So I will keep on.... Sometimes it is hard to stay on plan when the scale doesn't move. But if I go off plan the scale will REALLY move...up up up....

LEI!!!!! Hello there! How did your family reunion go?

Gibby~ Please don't be discouraged! You are doing really great...keep it up and it WILL come off! From what I have read a post-induction stall is rather common. Here is just one thread mentioning it: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ion-stall.html
If you are craving bread....have you tried revolution rolls or oopsies? Have you even heard of them? Totally legal way to appease bread and/or sweet cravings.

Linda~ hope all is well with romeo

Judy, Stacey & Vicki hello!

HELLO to any lurkers! I hope Sam, Steph and Yvonne will come back
Old 09-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_gal View Post
Good thoughts, prayers, and white light heading for Romeo..

Liz~ Good to see you stranger!!

to everyone else...

Where's Sam??
Hey girlfriend. Thanks for your prayers for Romeo. The vet is meeting us at 9am tomorrow to do a rectal exam. Hopefully he can get to the bottom of Romeo's pain.

Quote:
Thanks for you input, Linda. My portions are small. I just eat until I'm satisfied. Here's a sample menu - pretty much the same everyday except for the type of protein.

B-2 eggs and 2 bacon, or I'll have 3 scambled eggs with cheese
L-2 chicken thigs
D-8 oz steak, or 2 pork chops, etc. with 2 cups lettuce and 2/3 cup brocolli with EVOO and vinegar

If I have a snack it's protein and string cheese
Gibby, your menu looks good. Hang in there and looks like Liz posted a good link to post induction stalls.

Hey Liz, thanks for the prayers.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Liz, thanks for the info on the Induction stall. I hadn't heard of that before, although I'm not surprised. I did lose a lot on the IP so it makes sense. I just get impatient because I have so much to lose.

Linda, I hope they find out what Romeo's problem is so he can get better.

TTYL
Old 09-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: scarab lover
Stats: 221/222/150
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: May 2007
Still Here uh?

Hi Everyone,

It's been "forever" since I've checked in. I'm still in the same place I was last time..........I don't even want to go there It's good to see some familiar friends!! Linda, I have to come to the website to find you I miss you.....let's catch up soon.

Everyone else, I hope you all are doing fine, I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts, I was just excited to find you all again.

Take Care,
Leslie
Atlanta
Old 09-13-2009, 06:29 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

Leslie, welcome back?? I think as I gathered from your post. I don't know you YET!! Keep posting.

I have been in a bit of a funk, I and SG are having a bit of a trouble spot. At least I hope that is all it is :-( my fault too. I am praying and I have apologized so now all I have to do is wait.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Leslie I don't know you either, as I'm kinda sorta new to this thread. I look forward to getting to know you.

Vicki-as we spoke yesterday-hang in there. Things will turn out.

Stay strong everybody!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarab lover View Post
Hi Everyone,

It's been "forever" since I've checked in. I'm still in the same place I was last time..........I don't even want to go there It's good to see some familiar friends!! Linda, I have to come to the website to find you I miss you.....let's catch up soon.

Everyone else, I hope you all are doing fine, I haven't had a chance to catch up on the posts, I was just excited to find you all again.

Take Care,
Leslie
Atlanta
OMG Leslie, it's so good to see your face. Sorry I haven't answered your E mail. I'll try calling you in a bit.

Quote:
Leslie, welcome back?? I think as I gathered from your post. I don't know you YET!! Keep posting.

I have been in a bit of a funk, I and SG are having a bit of a trouble spot. At least I hope that is all it is :-( my fault too. I am praying and I have apologized so now all I have to do is wait.
Vicki, sorry to hear you are in a funk Relationships are just tough period. They always seem to need work, some more than others. Don't take whatever you did too much to heart. It takes to to tango and if you've appologized and learn from it, move on. Your relationship should be strong enough to withstand this. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. It's what happens after the mistakes that counts.

Quote:
Hi Liz, thanks for the info on the Induction stall. I hadn't heard of that before, although I'm not surprised. I did lose a lot on the IP so it makes sense. I just get impatient because I have so much to lose.

Linda, I hope they find out what Romeo's problem is so he can get better.

TTYL

Just got back from taking Romeo to the vet. He feels Romeo's problems are all diet related so it is just going to take some time to get it all figured out. He didn't even charge us for today, a Sunday. He's an internal medicine vet who specializes in difficult cases so I feel very confident in what he tells us.

Gotta run.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #88
Daddy's Girl

Gallery: cdn_gal
Stats: 230/152.3/145~~5'10
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Sept9/08/May12/09
for Romeo!! Eat your veggy's kitty!!

Liz~ The reunion went well!! My aunt, whom I haven't seen in probably 20 years asked me where the rest of me was! Was great to see everyone and do some catching up.. Thanks for asking!

Leslie!!~ Welcome back chica, hope you plan on sticking around for a bit this time!

Okay ladies... I am back again.. Summer is almost over and trying to get back in the groove of things... Now where is Sam????????

Let's get to know each other a little better and start a question of the day thingy...(weekends excluded of course) I'll start first..

If you were offered a chance to turn your life into a movie, who would play your part as:

1) Your lover
2) Your best friend
3) Your parents
4) Your worse enemy
5) Your child

I'll answer first:

My lover would be Dr Gregory House :blush:
My best friend would be Julia Roberts
My parents would be Roseanne and Dan
My worse enemy would be Brittany Spears
My child would be Beaver (from leave it to Beaver)

Your turn! Go!!!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everybody!

I'm having serious fage withdrawl I made DH take me to a new frozen yogurt place called yogurt mountain. It is self-service and you pay per ounce. I got a sugar free-fat free. It was ok, but not as tasty as my fage. I think I'll allow myself a fage next week

I've been having a horrible sweet tooth and finally gave in....with a lower carb treat. I use the unsweetened chocolate baking squares and peanut butter flavored oils to make a "fudge". I've just recently bought some erythritol and pure stevia (only use a very tiny amount) for baking/cooking. I'm LOVING this stuff! It is so much cheaper than using the packets of nustevia (stevia/erythritol mix) when using several packs. The erythritol is great because it has the bulk of sugar. Does anyone else use these for cooking/baking/sweetening?

Linda~ I'm glad romeo is doing ok.

Vicki~ I hope things are going better for you and SG.

Leslie~ Hey there! So nice to see you posting! Sending you many good thoughts and prayers. I hope to see you post more.

to everyone! Hope you all are having a good weekend!
Old 09-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Lei! We were posting at the same time. So great to see you posting again

I'm glad to hear the reunion went well! I'm so proud of you for making goal. I'm sure your aunt wasn't the only one to notice your dramatic change

Quote:
If you were offered a chance to turn your life into a movie, who would play your part as:

1) Your lover
2) Your best friend
3) Your parents
4) Your worse enemy
5) Your child
Great question Ok, would we pick someone that resembles reality or would we pick people we WISH were our reality?????

1. lover: cross between desi arnez (accent) and dougie howser, md (personality) (DH would kill me if he read that)
dream: Dr. Kovac from ER (the tall one with an accent)

2. best friend: the actess that plays in "drop dead diva" or Princess Diana if she were alive

3. parents??? the bundys????!?!?! Archie and Edith Bunker from "all in the family" hahahaha or maybe the clampetts (from beverly hillbillies)??? ok, they are really impossible to replace but I know they wouldn't mind my lame humor

4. worst enemy? is sadaam hussein available???

5. child? the kids from little house on the prarie OR the baby from the simpsons (cute and never talks back...just sucks on her pacifier)
Closed Thread