Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2008, 02:42 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
MEAT AND EGG, 3-5 Days or Until You Reach Goal***You Decide***SUMMERTIME***

This is for anyone who is considering doing meat/egg challenge You may do this for 3-5 days to get quickly into ketosis or stay on Meat and eggs until goal.

RULES FOR Meat/Egg ---READ THOROUGHLY!
Do this for 3-5 days or until you reach goal!
Eat all the meat and eggs you want, your appetite will naturally decrease in two to three days.
Protein only
Skip unnecessary fats like cream
NO Cheese
Go easy on the mayo
Skip alcohol (yes, all forms!)
Skip junk protein like pepperoni and pork rinds
Try to skip bacon and sausage--you will lose faster-- or at least keep it to 1-2 times a week
Drink diet beverages and plain coffee & tea as desired
Use artificial sweeteners as desired
No calorie counting
No cheating
Have a multi vitamin each day

No Cheating--Remember everytime you cheat you lose a weeks worth of work. It is not worth it!!!

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]If you have been low carbing for a long time and are having a hard time losing or if you only have a small amount to lose remember CALORIES DO COUNT so you will have better sucess choosing leaner meats and eating smaller portions.You do not have to do only lean meats but it is an important option,[/COLOR]

This plan is not written in stone. The important thing is to find a plan that will work for you, let you lose weight, and that you can live with.

[COLOR="Red"]If you want the best results then eat ONLY Meat and Eggs, with just enough sugar free condiments to make it work for you, [/COLOR]but many people have had great results with a few modifications.It is just like everything else here, modify the plan to suit your own needs. For example, cheese is not allowed but many people include it. Veggies are not allowed but many people include them. Sugar-Free Jello is not on the plan but if you feel like it will help you stay on plan, then by all mean have some.

We are not here to judge but to support and offer some tips to help you along!

Post any tips that you think might help others.

[COLOR="Red"] FOR THOSE ABOUT TO **ROCK** - WE SALUTE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! [/COLOR]
shadowzip is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2008, 02:44 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shadowzip
WOE: M & E/Low Carb
Start Date: 2/2005
Hey Ladies, I did not put a date in the title since it has been so slow. We can start a new thread when this one gets too long.

Have a great one, I need to get back in gear myself!
shadowzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:08 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Thanks for starting the new thread Shadow. I think you are right with the new title, summer is so quiet around here you can hear the computer fan running.

I am down 2.2 pound from last Thursday. I exercised last night, which of course was awesome! I ate two eggs, some string cheese, a hamburger patty and some left over steak for food. One day down, whew!

Hope everyone has a great losing day!

Chat at you tomorrow!
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:31 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tina0011
Stats: 217/165/ 176/160/155
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: oct 2006
Yes thanks for the new thread.I hear ya cat I hear the fan too lol.I am just hanging out got lots of stuff to get done today.Our trip to Costa Rica is about 18 days till we leave I cant wait!!!Hubby will be home a week and 3 days.I am so ready for him to get back.Well hope all has a great 4th and a wonderful week.
Thanks Tina
tina0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Hello Everyone:

I ate a bunch yesterday (including 2 plain yogurts with 1/4 cup granola each) 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese, a 3 coffees, a double cheeseburger w/o the bun and in the evening I had some hot granola with table cream and splenda. Of course I needed to know how all that had affected my body, so I weighted this morning and ladies....not a SINGLE ounce gained, and here's the weirdest part, I haven't exercised since Friday!
I'm planning on some HIIT in a little while and today my Super Callanetics DVD arrives, so maybe this evening I'll do some, I only have 4 exercise days before my trip! and the regular callanetics helps you after 3 or 4 ours of it, so I'm hoping with the Super(1 Sp Callan.=20 reg Callan.), I'll have some more results before Saturday!

Shadow: Thanks for the new thread, and yes, I think the title is better!

Tina: Costa Rica! WOW you'll probably be gone by the time I'm back from Puerto Vallarta, but I wish you lots of fun! It's NEVER to late to keep getting in shape, so don't give up just because the trip is close, with your surgeries and a little toning, you'll look great!!

Cat: Congrats on getting in some exercise!! you're very close to goal, KUTGW!

Everyone not mentioned a big hug and hope to see you ladies around here later!

Take Care,

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Good morning....Just got home.....

Shadow....Good idea on the thread. Here's hoping it picks up some.

I was DOWN 1 lb this morning so I'm smiling. The weather is bright and sunny today, but heading toward much warmer this week. Will be turning my air on this afternoon and will probably have to leave it on for the duration. I can't imagine much more weather in the lower to mid 70s the rest of the summer. I'm going outside with my book now while it's still nice out there. It's 11:00am and still just 73*. Supposed to get to 87* today.

KUTGW...see ya later...

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi everyone!

Dropping by to see how everyone is doing. I am still following LC but with the veggies and some fruits/grains. My weight is down a few more pounds since my last check-in so I'm happy. My scale has been STUCK though for a few days - it's so frustrating. I'm keeping my calories around 1200-1400 every day. Everyone have a great week and a safe 4th of July weekend!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Hi Everyone.

Thanks Shadow.

I started out great, but hadn't planned well for lunch and had curry which threw me into cravings. Tomorrow is another day.
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:29 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning all...TOM has begun and I am not enjoying it. Will work hard to keep LC through this. Hugs.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:52 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cat430
Stats: 5'3ish 160/147.2/110
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart March 14 2011
Morning Losers!

I am down another 1/2 pound to 124, I am so excited. I exercised again last night and ate almost on plan :blush:. 9 pounds to goal, it just doesn't seem possible.

Lynn ~ Sorry about the lunch craving problem....I curry, but I don't eat it that often, I wonder if it would have that effect on me

Angie ~ That is the benefit of exercise, those bigger muscles need calories to stay working, so you keep burning even if you miss a day or two. I am too chicken to try HIIT and not dedicated enough to use a stop watch . Maybe some day.

Gracie ~ Good to hear from you. Glad to see you aren't giving up on yourself and just finding what works for you

Paris ~ I personally would love a whole summer in the 70's, but I know that won't happen. I still love the summer, but in Michigan it gets so dang humid...YUCK!

Tina ~ I agree with Angie, don't give up...you will look even more awesome!

Have a great one gals, ya!

151 .8 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 Goal 110
Cat430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:59 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/304/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-15)
Start Date: 12/01/13
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking around on this Meat & Eggs thread and have been using some of your suggestions that many of you've posted. I just have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. I thought that pepperoni and pork rinds were good sources of low-carb protein, so should I elminate these out my daily plan?

2. Has anyone tried the Lipton Citrus Diet Greet Tea? The bottle says that it's no calories and carbs, so is this good substitute for water or should I get the 64oz of water in first and then anything else is extra?

I know that I'm a lurker and have not posted until now, but you all are very encouraging and I wish you all continued success in reaching your goals.

Many Blessings,
Marilyn
Old 07-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Hey Everyone:

[COLOR=Purple]Marilyn:[/COLOR] I was a lurker for over 3 months before I decided to post for the first time, but then, it became addictive!
About the lipton, I'm not sure if the ingredients there will have the same effect as regular tea or coffee, that dehydrate you. I was extremely addicted to Diet rite (around 6 cans a day!!) before I started with this, so I began substituting around 2 or 3 for Crystal light, and in no time, without really noticing it, there stood a six pack of diet rite in my fridge for over a month, I just liked the Crystal Light so much, and it made me feel so hydrated, I didn't need the soda anymore. Have you tried it? I use the generic ones at walmart, you might even want to mix flavors. Now I don't even miss or crave the soda. Just wanted to share my 0.02 cents (as always)

[COLOR=Purple]Lynn: [/COLOR]Those cravings must've been a result of TOM being around the corner, I always get more cravings around 3 or 4 days before, thand during the whole "ordeal" try to eat plenty of fat so your stomach feels full longer, you're the one who taught me that! and it always worked.

[COLOR=Purple]Cat:[/COLOR] Congrats on the loss! 124, WOW, that's not even a goal for me, since I know I'll probably never get there! I'd be happy to get to 130 and maintain! You must look beautiful, so KUTGW!

[COLOR=Purple]Gracie:[/COLOR] It's always GREAT to see you! You look very nice in your avatar! I include veggies and grains everyday, but lose weight anyway, and I know I'm eating more "normal" a way I can keep for life. So GOOD FOR YOU! Just keep coming back please! you're always missed.

Well, everybody else who's lurking or drops by later, take care of yourselves and have a great day!

[/COLOR]
Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Oh, and I forgot! Marylin, I eat pepperoni and pork rinds often, but drink EXTRA water when you do, so you flush out all the salt....besides, that salt will make you thirsty and your mind tricks you into thinking you're HUNGRY instead of thirsty and you tend to over-eat.[/COLOR]
Old 07-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks ladies. Pork rinds are great for tuna ans egg salad! The crunch is great.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Eigna

Thank you Eigna for the great tips. My husband and I love crystal light and I also purchase the walmart brand. So, since I already drink this I will just skip the citrus green ice tea and add more crystal light.

[COLOR=Purple]Marilyn:[/COLOR] I was a lurker for over 3 months before I decided to post for the first time, but then, it became addictive!
About the lipton, I'm not sure if the ingredients there will have the same effect as regular tea or coffee, that dehydrate you. I was extremely addicted to Diet rite (around 6 cans a day!!) before I started with this, so I began substituting around 2 or 3 for Crystal light, and in no time, without really noticing it, there stood a six pack of diet rite in my fridge for over a month, I just liked the Crystal Light so much, and it made me feel so hydrated, I didn't need the soda anymore. Have you tried it? I use the generic ones at walmart, you might even want to mix flavors. Now I don't even miss or crave the soda. Just wanted to share my 0.02 cents (as always)

Last edited by sails92; 07-02-2008 at 05:23 PM..
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:13 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning everyone. I swear that as I get older TOM becomes more and more uncomfortable. I seem to be getting kicked in the t over and over for the first 3 days of it. Anyways, off to the farm after work then a 3 day weekend. Yeah! Have a happy and safe holiday weekend everyone!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:41 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Happy Thursday!

[COLOR="Navy"]Good morning ladies and happy July. The summer is flying ever so quickly at this end!

I have been keeping myself quite busy these days, as you all know I am in the process of a divorce and received a big stack of paperwork that needs to be done and given to my lawyer by next week. I think they killed a tree. It is part of the discovery process......and it involves waaaaaaay too much. Oh well, as they say you can't put a price tag on freedom, let alone happiness, this too shall pass!

I finally got my pool up yesterday, had to have my dad's inground pool filled in. Today's project is getting inside the pool and cleaning it as when it was taken down it was left with filth. I hope to be putting water in it by this afternoon. I can't wait to finally float!

I have been walking 5 miles 4 times a week...this week I only walked Monday and Tuesday, I am up and down which is quite frustrating but I am still below 140 so that is a good thing. I have pretty much stuck to plan and have hit a standstill which is driving me nuts. Angie-What is it you are doing, as you seem to have such great success. I want an additional 10 pounds off before August...any suggestions would be appreciated!

We are having a cookout tomorrow and I plan on staying on plan for the most part. I have to work tonight and am hoping it is an early evening, who knows what the night will bring with the 3 day weekend ahead of us!

I do hope this finds you all well. I thank you all for being you. Happy 4th, enjoy your weekend and as always be happy and keep smiling![/COLOR]

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning.
– Lao-Tzu
"Don't allow YESTERDAY to take up too much of TODAY!!"

Starting Date June 4th,2007 @ 195-, 156,155,154,153,152,151,150,149,148,147,146
145,144,143, 142,141,...125,
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning everyone:

I'll try to make this one quick! as I have tons of stuff to do.

[COLOR=Purple]Marylin:[/COLOR] I think you can still drink the tea, as long as you get in your 8-12 glasses of water (or crystal light) a day...and if it has a diuretic effect I think it would be nice taken in the evening so you get extra help removing some toxins...at least that's what I think.

[COLOR=Purple]Lynn: [/COLOR] Sorry to hear about your painful days! Have you tried those analgesics with mild diuretics? they seem to work for me...

[COLOR=Purple]Kim: [/COLOR]Nice to see you! Take those papers as a step closer to happiness and freedom!
About what I'm doing, everyone here already knows it, because I keep repeating! I'm not actually losing that much weight, but I'm not weighting as often. I've gotten lots of muscle in a short amount of time. Google HIIT and you'll know what it is and the amazing results you get doing it, that's done the trick for me, gotten my metabolism running like crazy! beside I don't have to spend a lot of time on the treadmill, just a few minutes (between 10-20 at the most) and I get double the results I used to get.
On the other hand, there's the Callanetics, I can not tell you enough good things about it, it's awesome, and you see results after the first 2-3 hours, as amazing as it may sound, besides, you also get to relax...google it and let me know if you'll consider it (you may pm me!) and if you have any questions, the photos are amazing but I can assure you they're true, as I have had some amazing results myself. I'm not a lot more toned and fit than I was when I weighted 7 pounds LESS. My clothes certainly look better. But the best benefit is that without even being aware of it, my back problems from my c-section disappeared! now that my back is way stronger.
Anyway, I know I sound like an infomercial, but I'm letting you all know what worked for me.

I'll see you all later! I need to get my butt off this seat!!!

Take Care.
[/COLOR]
Old 07-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Marilyn.....

Hi...everyone...only have a minute. Just wanted to check in and say,

to the losers.....

to those struggling (like me...)

Last edited by Parisfox; 07-03-2008 at 07:43 AM..
Old 07-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Hi Eigna......I did not know that crystal light could take the place of water.....I always thought that I had to get in pure water first....So are you saying that as long as I get in 8-12 glasses of liquid that it can be water and crystal light combination? Thanks again for all of the great information in helping me accomplish my goals.....Wish you all much success in reaching your goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigna View Post
[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning everyone:

I'll try to make this one quick! as I have tons of stuff to do.

[COLOR=Purple]Marylin:[/COLOR] I think you can still drink the tea, as long as you get in your 8-12 glasses of water (or crystal light) a day...and if it has a diuretic effect I think it would be nice taken in the evening so you get extra help removing some toxins...at least that's what I think.
[/COLOR]
Old 07-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Marylin,

Well I'm not sure if it's good advice or not, but as for me, that's how I've always done it.
Once, like 9 years ago I was in one of those weight loss centers and they said "plain water or crystal light, however you like" so that's how I got my water intake. The weight loss center success, or lack of it, is another story, I only lost like 16 pounds in 4 months, lol.

But that's the way I've done it since I started this way of life and managed to lose over 60 pounds without stalling. That's MY experience, some people report stalls with Crystal Light, that hasn't been my case....and I use it as a sweet fix...
Just try and if it stalls you, reduce...
Good Luck!

[/COLOR]
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Angie, I haven't tried those. Thanks for the idea.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
Hi Eigna......I did not know that crystal light could take the place of water.....I always thought that I had to get in pure water first....So are you saying that as long as I get in 8-12 glasses of liquid that it can be water and crystal light combination? Thanks again for all of the great information in helping me accomplish my goals.....Wish you all much success in reaching your goals.
The only bad thing about Crystal Light is it has aspartame....but if you aren't avoiding that, it's good. I drink Crystal Light, just not in large quantities. Also, decaf tea and decaf coffee are good too. It's the caffeine that is bad. Both Atkins and Protein Power say that the decaf versions are OK.

Last edited by Parisfox; 07-03-2008 at 05:33 PM..
Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Eigna for the advice....I've personally never had any problems with crystal light and will continue to drink it.

Quote:
[COLOR=DimGray]Marylin,

Well I'm not sure if it's good advice or not, but as for me, that's how I've always done it.
Once, like 9 years ago I was in one of those weight loss centers and they said "plain water or crystal light, however you like" so that's how I got my water intake. The weight loss center success, or lack of it, is another story, I only lost like 16 pounds in 4 months, lol.

But that's the way I've done it since I started this way of life and managed to lose over 60 pounds without stalling. That's MY experience, some people report stalls with Crystal Light, that hasn't been my case....and I use it as a sweet fix...
Just try and if it stalls you, reduce...
Good Luck!

[/COLOR]
Old 07-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love the cherry pomegranite crystal light. I have never had stalling issues with it. I think hydration is a huge key to this process.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:44 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did a bunch of weeding after work yesterday and got up at 5:30 this morning and took Muji to run. Heading out to see "Wanted" during the heat of the day then back to work in the garden this afternoon before the rain. Have a great day all!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp View Post
I love the cherry pomegranite crystal light. I have never had stalling issues with it. I think hydration is a huge key to this process.
Lynn....I don't think I've seen the cherry pomegranite, will have to look for it. Sounds REALLY good. The movie you are going to sounds good too. I like sci-fi and fantasy movies.

Have a Happy Independence Day, everyone.

God Bless our troops....and God Bless America!!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:59 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Hey Everyone!

It's almost 1 am and I'm still awake with a few things left to do!
Just wanted to check in one last time before my trip; I'm supposed to wake up at 4:30 am, so I'll only get about 2 hours of sleep tonight.
Today I ate very little, but off-plan, although I don't think it'll cause that much dames, since I ate less than 800 in the entire day, I was literally TOO BUSY..
I probably won't be able to check in until I come back, by the 21st of this month, but I'll TRY to check my e-mail...so I know it might be weird to give my e-mail this way, but if anyone feels like writing to me, you may do so, my e-mail is: eigna00@comcast.net (those are zeros after eigna)
Take care, and by all means keep up the good work, we cannot quit on ourselves, our health and looks.

See you all later!

love,

[/COLOR]
Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
[COLOR=DimGray]
I probably won't be able to check in until I come back, by the 21st of this month, but I'll TRY to check my e-mail...so I know it might be weird to give my e-mail this way, but if anyone feels like writing to me, you may do so, my e-mail is: eigna00@comcast.net (those are zeros after eigna)[/COLOR]
Angie....When you post your email addy, you should type out the @ (like "at") then robots can't skim it.
Example: eigna00 at comcast.net Anyone who is familiar with email will know that the "at" should be @.

I was off-plan for dinner last night and am UP 1 lb. But, will be on plan today so it will be gone soon.

It's cool and overcast right now so I have the windows open and am airing out the place. I love it....however, it's supposed to warm up later. Heading out to the swing with my book and coffee while I can enjoy it.

Hi to anyone who checks in......Have a good day!!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:42 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

HELP.....I'm getting tired of my eggbeater scrambled and eggbeater omlettes.....so does anyone know of a thread that has already been started regarding varies creative egg receipes?.....If not, do you mind sharing some of your favorite egg creations? Thank you all, and I wish you all much success in reaching your goals.

Last edited by sails92; 07-05-2008 at 09:44 AM..