Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

Hooray for me!!! Yesterday was my 7 yr anniversary and we went to eat, I ate a bunch, but all on plan foods, and I didn't exercise much ; just walked some, because we went shopping and then to a lake alone in the evening to watch the "sunset"... I'm happy to report a 2 ounce loss, from yesterday, but yesterday I had gained 2 more ounces on top of the 4 I'd gained on Friday, and I lost those 6 ounces plus the 2 I'm reporting today, for a total of 8 ounces...Not bad for a weekend, when I tend to gain and go off plan...
Enough about me!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Jean: [/COLOR]I'm not sure about the atkins bar, since you exercise and lift weights, I would think those calories wouldn't affect you that much...But you could try replacing it a couple of days with something on plan and see if you lose more...or not and then decide..

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kandi: [/COLOR]Even if those shorts are super tight, in a few weeks if you really stick to plan they'll probably fall off...that's what happened to me with what I thought would be my "thin clothes" I had to give them away because they became to big, and I mean BIG, there was no way to wear them, they weren't just loose, but like 4 inches bigger on the waist and the rest...YOU WILL DO IT...remember..

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Shari: [/COLOR]5 pounds are awesome! Congrats! Way to go!!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Vli (Vicky):[/COLOR] Seems like you like to cook! stuffed egg crepes!? Meat crust pizza??? Please, please, please share those recipes, they sound fun!
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Paris:[/COLOR]
Thanks for the link, Glad you're home again!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Lynn:[/COLOR] Laundry finished by 7:30 in a Sunday morning?!!! You're my hero!!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thinagain08 (Randi?):[/COLOR] I spent around 3 years regaining the 50 pounds I'd lost initially with Atkins, and when I tried getting serious again and did induction, just didn't seem to lose, so I also thought I'd lost my golden shot, but this plan proved to me there's no such thing! I can lose again and quick if I stick to eat, no matter how many times I start again, it ALWAYS works...I guess it's because you get rid of most of the treats and stuff you begin to allow yourself once you're over induction...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Shari:[/COLOR] Not sure if you've read this before, but for when you don't have the time (or energy) to step on the treadmill for 3+ miles, you might want to try HIIT for 10-12 minutes, it'll do the same for you and MORE for the day...than a regular 1 hour work out...Just google it and there's plenty of information...you can do it with almost anything...Sometimes when I overeat, I just hop on my threadmill for 10-15 minutes of HIIT, no matter what time it is, and the next day I see no gain...After you research it you'll understand...I also wanted to mention it to you Speckle, and anyone else who's having a hard time incorporating exercise to their busy schedules.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Mommy22boys: [/COLOR]Yesterday in the afternoon I was craving peanuts, and I had spent a few hours out, and still haven't eaten! lol I'm not kidding! Congrats on the loss!

Sorry to everyone I missed and Hi to all of those who show up later!! Lets do this!

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 10:25 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Well, the jury's in..I did overeat yesterday..up 0.5lbs. I really need to use ****** to map out just how many cals I'm taking in each day. It's hard to judge when I exercise as my appetite def increases!! Do you all count cals and if you do, how do you guess how much you should be taking in each day? Last time I stuck with LC and was losing I didn't count cals but I think I may need to now....

Eigna..we were posting at the same time!! Congrats on your anniversary and sticking to plan!! I'll look it up..keep hearing good things about it.

Last edited by shari; 08-03-2008 at 10:29 AM..
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #243
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Eigna, yes, I love to cook and try new recipes. I usually start out with a basic recipe and make it my own.

Crepes came from Suzanne Sommers

6 eggs slightly beaten
salt/pepper

Heat omelet crepe pan on med high heat and coat with butter or oil or Pam, with ladle spread a very thin layer of egg mixture. When set on one side carefully flip over.

The filling was something I made up. It is kind of like a chicken stroganoff. Measurements aren't exact, i just dump.

2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 c chicken broth
1/4 c mushrooms chopped
1/2 c sour cream
2 T flax meal
1/4 tsp quar gum

Mix and heat and roll 1/3 cup into crepes and top with Parmesan Sauce courtesy of Suzanne Sommers:
Heat 1/2 c heavy cream add 1 cup grated parmesan cheese and stir til melted, top crepes with sauce.

I get a lot of recipes from Linda's Low Carb Recipes and menus, here is the link for the pizza

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I also have two of Dana Carpender's Low Carb cookbooks.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8*28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Angie! Happy anniversary and great job staying on plan!

Shari.

Thanks for the recipe Vicki!

Last edited by lynnp; 08-03-2008 at 10:38 AM..
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:59 AM   #245
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
Zer: You are doing so well! I DID find you guys in the 15:15 room yesterday. I joined one quick session and then we ended up going school clothes shopping.... So I never got back there. I'm gonna hit that room up more often, though. I need that kind of motivation!
Not doing as well as I might, but weighed in this morning and fixed my salmon for noshing on today BEFORE coming online to confess my sins and to find today's 15:15 thread. I've still got to do my ****** tally, to lock in my targets and make sure I'm on track for a successful M&E day, with fats in the form of avocado and perhaps refraining from celery carbs to keep from having too many carbs. I need to work harder at getting under 5% carbs. I know it.

The good folks at the 15:15 playgroup do inspire me to find tasks that need doing. And I see it's already 11am and I am still writing. Got to do my ******! Then I set the timer and do some washing, tidying, bagging books!
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Shari: Personally, I just started really watching my calories. My current plan is this: calories in the 1600 range (my resting BMR is 1476), fats in the >75% range, carbs <5% range. . .I'm doing Atkins 72 induction right now, too. (I'm SO high maintenance! )

Anyhoo, if you want to get an idea of the calories your body needs, you need to go to an online BMR calculator and find your resting basal metabolic rate. . .it's the number of calories your body needs while doing nothing but breathing for 12-24 hours. That would be your absolute minimum calories, b/c you really expend more than that in a day (unless you really do NOTHING but lay still and just breathe all day long). Then there's another online calculator you use to figure in your BMR taking into account your level of activity. Take THAT number and go a little below that if you want a number of calories to shoot for for weight loss. That's how I came up with my 1600 number FOR ME.

Of course, Dr Atkins said that we don't need to count calories, but that they do count. For me, it's making a difference now that I'm trying to stay in a range, but there are plenty of others who have no problem NOT keeping track of calories. YMMV, I guess.

I'll try to find the links for the BMR and activity level calculators so you don't have to go searching for them. . .

Oy!! Forgot to say, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Angie!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the one to find your BMR:

BMR Calculator
Old 08-03-2008, 11:32 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the one you use once you have your BMR, to take into account your personal level of activity:

Harris Benedict Equation
Old 08-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Andrea- No I haven't lost 31 lbs in such a short time, I am sorry if you think I did. Silly me I put 255 lbs as my start weight in my profile. I actually lost 21 pounds half heartedly low-carbing start date from 1/12/08 till July 1, 2008. I did induction level carbs around the first week of July and broke a stall from 234 to 229 lbs. I started M & E on July 28th and lost the initial 5 lbs. I changed my profile to reflect this and I hope I didn't confuse anyone else? I guess you can say that I have lost a total of 10 lbs. with low-carbing & M & Eing! I will continue with M & E for 5 days a week during the week and then add some veggies in on the weekends. I hope this answered your question and again I apologize for the mis-understanding.

~*~* Maggie~*~*

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-03-2008 at 05:41 PM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #250

Mommie22boys~ for the links. I've computed my BMR and know how much more to eat when exercising. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
Start Date: June 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Eigna, yes, I love to cook and try new recipes. I usually start out with a basic recipe and make it my own.

Crepes came from Suzanne Sommers

6 eggs slightly beaten
salt/pepper

Heat omelet crepe pan on med high heat and coat with butter or oil or Pam, with ladle spread a very thin layer of egg mixture. When set on one side carefully flip over.

The filling was something I made up. It is kind of like a chicken stroganoff. Measurements aren't exact, i just dump.

2 cups cooked chopped chicken
1 c chicken broth
1/4 c mushrooms chopped
1/2 c sour cream
2 T flax meal
1/4 tsp quar gum

Mix and heat and roll 1/3 cup into crepes and top with Parmesan Sauce courtesy of Suzanne Sommers:
Heat 1/2 c heavy cream add 1 cup grated parmesan cheese and stir til melted, top crepes with sauce.

I get a lot of recipes from Linda's Low Carb Recipes and menus, here is the link for the pizza

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I also have two of Dana Carpender's Low Carb cookbooks.
Sounds good. Thanks!
tomswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:25 AM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Down 0.4 today, but I worked for hours in the garden yesterday so I know I am holding water in my sore muscles. Sticking to plan and we will see what happens. I am the late stay nurse today so won't post until later this evening.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 AM   #253

Hey Lynn, just want to let you know that I emailed the mods and they granted me access to the playground. Try it!! Congrats on the weight loss!!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Shari.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:56 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

New Week M & E and up 1 pound! Day 1, 2008

Hello everyone!

Well I am up 1 pound from over the weekend, too carbed up I guess? Anyhow I am continuing with M & E this week for 6 days I believe. Do any of you know how safe it is to keep M & Eing, I don't want to get sick or anything from it. Have any of you done this for more than the initial 3-5 days that is recommended? I will post on the 3rd day where I am and see how it goes. I am going to try harder this week to stick with the original plan also to see where that gets me.

So todays weight is 225 lbs. 8/3/08

[COLOR="Magenta"]Have a great day everyone!

~*~*Maggie~*~*[/COLOR]

Old 08-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #256

Hi MAgieDen..I did M/E for 4wks years ago and lost 16lbs. Didn't have any neg side effects. Lynn did it for longer and had great results!!

Eigna~please tell me more about your cycling with HITT on the treadmill. Been looking it up but not sure about the timing. Is it 20 sec as fast as you can run then 60 walk/jog for several sets? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:21 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maggie, the longest I went without a cheat was 109 days, but I did it with the occassional cheat over a 5 month period and dropped 5 sizes without any bad effects...actually I felt awesome and very strong. I did 1 hour of exercise each day without any problems at all. I got down to 200lbs and was in a tight size 12. It really reshapes the body even if the scale doesn't show losses.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the replies!

Shari- Thank you for the response back, I am glad to know you were able to do m& E safely with no problems. A 16 pound loss sounds great

Lynn- Wow! 109 days and you had good results too! I wasn't sure if just eating M & E for a long extended time would be ok. I guess for right now I am testing out the waters. I tend to eat the same kinds of foods so this feels ok for now for me. I am glad to know that you felt great as well and you were able to still exercise and not have lost energy. I have been low-carbing since July and I did feel fatigued when I first went to Induction level for Atkins and then my energy returned. I work out at least 6 days a week and I feel strong.

Have a great week everyone!

Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Good Monday Morning Ladies!:

Lost almost a pound yesterday (0.9lb) so...no wonder I was feeling extremely sleepy...
Breakfast was at 1 pm!! LOL LOL had:
4 scrambled eggs made with heavy cream and chorizo...
1 cup coffee (with h&h and 2 packets of Splenda)

snack was a few pieces of those delicious Sugar free kisses [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Dae_tona[/COLOR] posted...they keep you very satiated because of the fat...but you have to be very careful with them for the same reason!

Dinner was ground turkey with taco seasoning and some Nacho cheese + sour cream + little bit of lettuce..
Tea

Over 10 glasses of water (w/ crystal light)
regrettably, no exercise whatsoever...we just stayed all day watching movies and went to bed at around 8:30...so no cravings monster could show up!

Thanks for the anniversary congrats everyone! you're all very sweet!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Vli[/COLOR] and [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Mommy22boys:[/COLOR] Thank you both so much for going thru the trouble of posting the recipe (sounds delicious!) and the links, I appreciate your time, especially on a Sunday!!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Zer:[/COLOR] I KNOW you're capable of tackling both changes in your life and habits, you'll feel twice as better! Keep it up!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Maggie:[/COLOR] The loss is great! no matter how much you weight, you're doing what needs to be done to look and feel better, so good for you!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid] Lynn:[/COLOR] Congrats on the loss! I know one can get disappointed when it's just a few ounces, but they do add up...and then the whoosh fairy comes! If we don't scare it away eating off plan, of course!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Shari: [/COLOR][COLOR=Red]HIIT[/COLOR] really depends on your level of fitness and you should REALLY start slow...lets say 8 minutes for the first few days...I usually do 10 minutes, climb off the treadmill, do some other exercise (like weights or callanetics) and then hop on for another 10 minutes...
1:30 minutes walking and then 30 running REALLY as fast as you can...but at first I could only do between 8-12 minutes a day...and it worked great...One other thing I do is I use neoprene shorts, so I get my thighs even hotter...I know there are mixed opinions about those, but so far I haven't ever had any problems...Hope it helps and feel free to me anything....

I'm off to have breakfast and then some exercise...busy day ahead, but I'll come back later to see how it's going!

Have a nice one!

[/COLOR]
Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #260
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: speckle
Stats: 5'7 204/204/150
WOE: M&E & Atkins
Start Date: 7.29.08
Good morning everyone! I'm happy to report that I'm down 5.5lbs since Friday!!!! What a boost of confidence, wow.
speckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:17 AM   #261

Thanks Eigna for the response. LOL..I did it wrong then. I did 20sec running then 60 sec walking for 5 sets total. I was sweating a major storm when finished!! I could really tell that it works as I cont. to sweat for awhile after and I had this great burst of energy...I love it!! I like the idea of using weights in between then doing it again. It is def something that has piqued my interest. Thanks again..oh and congrats for the lost!!! KUTGW!!

Speckle!! Congrats!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
My 1st day home was a success.....I am DOWN 2.4 lbs!! Now to keep it going in the right direction.

Angie...Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on staying on plan when eating out. Sometimes that's not easy.

Shari....I don't worry about calories....just carbs. I use Lifeform to track my food counts. I find it easier to use than Fit Day. I liked it so well when I used the trial edition that I bought it. It's marvelous for adding your own foods and recipes. You can test it out at: Life Form

Vicki...the crepe recipe sounds good. Yummo!! What time is dinner? Linda's website is a good one. Another good one is: Low Carb Luxury: Recipes I have several of Dana's Cookbooks too. She rocks. A few of her recipes are at: Recipes | HoldTheToast Press Her books are WELL worth the money. I LOVE her slow-cooker cookbook.

Congrats to those who are losing!!

Hugs for those who are struggling!!

Hang in there....this WOE DOES WORK!!!

Gotta run....WCBL

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go Ruth!

Way to go Judy!

~*~*Maggie~*~*

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-04-2008 at 10:12 AM..
Old 08-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Thanks [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Paris[/COLOR]! and congrats on the loss! It's good to be home, isn't it!?

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Shari:[/COLOR] I don't think there's a wrong way of doing it, some people do 3 minutes walking, 1 running, I've done it, but it's a lot harder...So keep up the way you feel it's best, the main thing is you really need to push yourself to the limit...that's how it works...Getting nauseous is common if you push it too much...but it doesn't last more than 5-10 minutes....I'm thrilled you liked it, it'll show up on the scale soon...you need to keep doing it and your metabolism will accelerate...Another suggestion, when we're short on time, you could break the sets thru the day...for instance 8-10 minutes in the morning and 8-10 in the afternoon...you could also use different methods...Once I start working I'll do 10 minutes in the morning on the treadmill and once I'm back from work, in the afternoon, while watching tv, I'll do another 10 minutes in my bike. My husband is making a stand -like a trainer stand- so that I can use my regular bike during the winter as a stationary bike in front of the tv!! (you can also buy those stands online)

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Speckle:[/COLOR] You've got to be kidding! 5 and a half pounds during a weekend? You rock!! KUTGW!

[/COLOR]
Old 08-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #265

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
Well, back from the weekend off. I gained 2 pounds, but it is TOM as of last night also, so I guess maybe it is that.

B-3 deviled egg halves
L-Hamburger
S- I have no idea yet.

Angie- Congrats on the .9! I tend to get tired the days I lose as well. And I am glad you had a good anniversary.

Lynn- 5 sizes in 5 months is great! I want to be like you when I grow up!

Paris- 2.4 in one day.. I am jealous, I want another one like that!
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Speckel - Keep up the good work

Paris - Thanks for the other recipe links. I love to cook and am always looking for new recipes. In fact, 30 minute meals today had a Greek dinner night and the meatballs/sauce and eggplant rollups looked carb friendly. I will have to look them up at foodnetwork.
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Ladies! I had someone comment that I looked like I had lost inches...in clothes...after only 1 week. That is the beauty of m/e...forget the scale, it is all about the inches!

KUTGW everyone!! Long day so off to bed.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #268
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Wonderful, isn't it, to get feedback from someone observant, appreciative? It can be anyone, even someone we see casually at the p'office or grocery store.
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Andrea:[/COLOR] I always purchase my tickets online...I've also done it with cheaptickets, but the best thing to do is contact the AIRLINE directly...When you got your receipt from Cheaptickets, there's the Cheaptickets record locater number and then the Airline's record locater number...Go the the airline's website to find out their number and contact them directly...you must know already that cheaptickets is just an agent...
Best of luck..
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Lynn: [/COLOR]
Congrats on the compliment! hope that motivates you even more!

[/COLOR]
Old 08-05-2008, 03:03 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It does Angie!

Good morning all...down 1.4 today. Went shopping after work and found a good outfit for the interview tomorrow. Black pants, a red and black button up, collared shirt and a black, sueded cotton big shirt to wear over as a light weight jacket. This is an outfit I could wear for work any day and look professional with only a few accessories. I also got some trouser socks to wear with my nicer black flats.

Have a great day all.