Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Happy Hump Day!

[COLOR="Navy"]Happy Hump Day Ladies!

To all the new faces! You all are in the right place as these ladies are the greatest! They are the very reason I have been successful with this choice of diet!!! I have lost 60 pounds to date and would like to lose 10 more! I have done several diets and this has been the best one ever. Good luck to you all!!! Congrats on making the best decision you ever will where your health is concerned! KUTGW!!!

My dad had a stress test yesterday and the Dr. called as he saw something he did not like, needless to say we are heading to Springfield to see the Cardiologist tomorrow morning. I ask for your prayers as this all happened so quick and something is obviously wrong!

I have been swimming laps in the pool rather than walking. Looked on ****** and needless to say walking 5 miles burns 215 calories and swimming 35 minutes burns 298...go figure? I enjoy the swimming and need to do it while the weather cooperates!

I hope everyone's week is off to a wonderful start! Keep up the great work ladies....you inspire me!

Oh...wanted to share a little picture show I put together on myspace of my weight loss journey! The addy to see it is MySpace.com - Kim - 45 - Female - Central, Illinois - www.myspace.com/browneyez63

[/COLOR]

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning.
– Lao-Tzu
"Don't allow YESTERDAY to take up too much of TODAY!!"

Starting Date June 4th,2007 @ 195-, 156,155,154,153,152,151,150,149,148,147,146
145,144,143, 142,141,...125,

Last edited by Browneyez; 07-30-2008 at 08:54 AM..
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Welcome [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Vicki [/COLOR]and [COLOR=DarkOrchid]MaggieDen[/COLOR], this WOE REALLY works...you can adjust and tweak to fit your tastes and needs, I've done it myself...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kandi:[/COLOR] You'll see the pounds dropping and will become a believer...just keep eating the same sort of thing and there's nothing else to it.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Browneyes: [/COLOR]So very sorry to hear about your Dad, hope everything turns out better in Springfield, please keep us posted, you'll both be in my prayers...

[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #153

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
Kim- I am going to say a little prayer for your Dad. I wish I had a pool to do laps in! You have done great losing weight! It excites me to think that you once weighed kinda close to what I weigh and I can be weighing what you weigh if I stick to this WOE.. which I will!
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: 200's/1st. Goal Wt: 199 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb My Way!
Start Date: Monday! :)
Wow Kim you look Great! Congratulations on all the hard work. I also swim laps in the pool about 1/2 an hour 2 days a week and have yet to plug in and find out how many calories I burn doing this. Thank you for the information. I love to swim laps I feel great afterwards. Have a great day!

~*Maggie~*

Kandi - I am originally from Southern California and have a sister that lives in Rancho Cucamonga. Heard about the earthquake I pray that all is fine with you!

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-30-2008 at 10:06 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #155

Hey, Maggie!! I live in Rancho Cucamonga!!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Good afternoon....just a quick check in....gotta run.

Kim....Prayers for you and your Dad coming your way.

to our newbies.

See ya later....
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:18 PM   #157
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Wonderful, to eat with a real appetite, to savor my food!

I'm loving what I'm eating today - red salmon, chunky onions, olive oil, vinegar (balsamic, finishing up Newman's Own), Mrs.Dash Lemon-Pepper & Extra Spicy mixes. Hits the spot. Hits LOTS of spots, actually. Feels very Mediterranean to boot. After draining and flaking the salmon, I add olive oil to moisten. Then a bit of balsamic vinegar for bite and for a kiss of sweetness. Mixing multiple flavors heightens satisfaction, as more taste buds respond to all the flavors.

Yesterday was a sardine day, to compensate for Monday's excessive calories - I'm aiming to eat up to my BMR:2423cals no matter what, and I overshot by quite a bit, mostly in an effort to rid myself of the remainder of a 1# chub of liverwurst in time. No way I'll ever own a 1# chub of liverwurst again. All one wants is a qtr# of flavorful liverwurst at a time, I'm sure. I'll locate a deli that can give me a few slices at a time, quite enough for an occasional treat. Lesson learned.

Anyway, today looks good to me, with 15oz red salmon, two onions (12oz?), 1/2cup (or so) of olive oil and possibly 1/4cup of balsamic vinegar. So good! I'll be noshing on a few bites an hour as long as the fish holds out. Yummy!

Yesterday's 5.4 (so they say) quake was a real jumpy jolt for more seconds than I care to be watching furniture and walls shiver and shake as the earth is rolling or adjusting underneath me. This was less of a roll than a good ShAkEuP - and I hope the overlapping plates of this planet are in place and will not need to do a similar shudder again for quite a while. Scary stuff, quakes!

Last edited by Zer; 07-30-2008 at 02:23 PM..
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Mishelly!

Great job Kandi!

Thanks Angie...you are doing awesome!

Vicki and MAgieDen.

to you and your dad Kim! Your pictures are beautiful!

Hi Judy.

Zer...this is the first place I have lived without earthquakes and I DO NOT miss them! Be safe.

Last edited by lynnp; 07-30-2008 at 03:22 PM..
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 PM   #159

Well, Day 2 is over. I had 2 HB eggs, 2 chicken breasts, and a hamburger. I also bought some hamburger and made into individual pattys and put in baggies to take to work so I can cook them for lunch. Tomorrow will conclude my third day.. This actually wasn't very hard at all. It even seems a bit easier than worrying about what veggie you are going to eat.. not much thinking involved here.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #160
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Hello,
I posted in the Stillman thread but thinking for a few days, I would do better with Meat/eggs for awhile. I have been so off plan...I feel bad

I have 10 pounds to lose after maintaining for years 70-80 pound loss. But my food choices this week leave a lot to be deisred and I am wanting junk.

So here I am ...I start tomorrow. My last weigh in was 163 i think so I will just use that as a starting point.

What can I expect? The first day, the second day? Care to share your experience?

I have loads of fish...thinking of going on a fish kick. Mostly yellow tail and yellow fin tuna. So baking it is easy or grilling.

Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #161
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Did 15oz of red wild salmon dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, with onions (for CRUNCH) - and ate that fish dish over an 8hr span. So much for eating smaller portions instead of stuffing myself at a single meal! Might do that again tomorrow. Feels very Mediterranean. I may never go back to using mayo for fishy salads again!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:53 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Great job Zer...sounds delicious!

Chantel.

Morning everyone...Humid here today...living room is 82 degrees at 5am...yuck! I am the boss today at work so should be busy.

Down 2.2 # today even with TOM hinting at its arrival. Have a great day all!
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:08 AM   #163

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Good morning ladies,

Wow, everyone is doing great!! Congrats Lynn on the weight loss!!
Kim, hope everything turns out well for your father. Thanks for the link to your webpage..your weightloss is inspiring to say the least!! A great encouragement given by Eigna as well. Zer, love you menu...I love salmon!! Thanks for posting the recipe.

to all the other newbies too!! Today will be my 3rd day..getting over the first few days is key for me. Once in deep ketosis, cravings cease and my energy level is amazing. Right now, I'm trying to get back into exercising using my treadmill . Hard to do initially...

Have a good day everyone!!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:09 AM   #164
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

7/31...last chance to impact July's total weight loss...

Inspires me, feeling my back to the wall! More fish today, I'm thinking, may do the trick, may get a scale reading that ... well, is not quite what I hoped for, but is surely what I deserve for the choices that I made day by day this month.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:31 AM   #165

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Ok...weighed today..beginning weight is 194. I have a goal to lose at least
2lbs a week for the next 16wks as DB and I are going on a (short)cruise then and I do not want to carry this weight around in the carribean heat!!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:53 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning Everyone!

Maybe it's time to stop using my scale daily again...
Yesterday's menu was:

Breakfast: coffee+ flaxseed muffin

Lunch: scrambled eggs with a little sausage (Mexican style called Chorizo)

Dinner: Garlic Herb tilapia fillet and 1 chicken breast + Cold glass of coffee (just half and half, coffee, Splenda and crushed ice)

I exercised for an hour (20 minutes of HIIT+ some callanetics)

Drank over 10 glasses of water. I lost just 1 ounce today...
I KNOW I'm in for another whoosh soon, but if I were to keep weighting myself daily, and the scale kept dropping just ounces, I'd get really frustrated, which makes me sabotage everything, including the exercise...So I'm not sure if I'll hide the scale or not...it all depends on what it tells me tomorrow! LOL, lol

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Shari:[/COLOR] I've been the same weight as you are now since I was like 15 and I NEVER thought I could go below that...When I was like 18 I went to a weight loss center sort of like L.A. Weightloss and I dropped like 15 pounds in 6 months...with LOTS of sacrifices! So I thought none of it was worth it and when I dropped out, I gained it all back.
Now, having lost so much weight so quickly keeps me motivated to stay on this WOE, so I've been low carbing for almost 5 years now...
The last few pounds are the hardest, but once you "break-in" you got it...
Of course you'll drop them in 4 months! ( I did! ) just don't wait until the last minute to get serious, you'll regret it, and once you're back from the trip, you won't have the same enthusiasm, because you won't have that much to look forward to. I'm from the Caribbean, and it's a beauty, but I miss it a lot more during the winter months! lol

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Lynn:[/COLOR] Congrats on another loss! and even during T.O.M. that's GREAT! keep up whatever it is you're doing!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Chantel: [/COLOR]WELCOME! I think you'll like it here a lot! Read thru our posts since some of us related our experiences with this WOE a couple of days ago! You know the first few days are the worst, but you can do it! try lots of eggs!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kandi:[/COLOR] Your menu sounds great! Can't wait to see your results today!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Zer: [/COLOR]That salmon sounds yummy! hope your surprise will be a pleasant one instead, who knows!? let us know! Good luck.

I'll check back in later if I get a chance, you all have a beautiful day!

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 AM   #167

Well, I only lost .2 pounds today. But since I saw such a big loss yesterday, I kinda expected that. I am just happy the scale didn't go up. And as we all know, those ounces sure add up!

Menu for today will be

B- HB eggs
L- Hamburger and maybe another egg
S- going out to eat so I am have a 10 oz tritip steak with grilled veggies.

I may do the M/E fast again tomorrow. It seems to be so much easier for me to not have to worry about the sides. So, maybe this will be a during the week way of eating and on weekends, regular low carb. With the exception of if we go out to eat. I am a little nervous that if I eat veggies tonight, I will see a gain tomorrow. But, I love to eat at this place and will not pass up the veggies!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:20 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much in here lately. I have been struggling with some weight GAIN. . .even though I was trying to be diligent. I think I got in trouble when I started to *eat to my BMR*. I think I saw that as a license to eat as much on-plan food as I wanted, *just so long as I didn't go below my BMR.* Well, not so much for me.

Anyhoo, I've revamped my eating plan and wanted to share with my friends. . .

I'm doing Atkins 72 induction right now (FINALLY got the book off ebay!) and am trying to keep my calories in the 1600 range (a little more on days I'm working out). Also a big thing for me is keeping my fat %age pretty high. Like, I'm talking upwards of 75% everyday. It's crazy when I think back to last summer, where I lost so much doing M/E (with a K**kins twist, meaning VERY LITTLE FAT OR CALORIES), but also lost hair, and G@d knows what else. Now that I've been sticking to my current WOE, I'm down 5.4 pounds since Monday.

At any rate, I'm pretty much doing a lot of meat and eggs. I am, however getting a lot of fat in the way of cream, 1/2 an avocado a day, mayo. I'm still getting about 4 eggs a day in various forms, and meat at 2 meals a day. I'm still keeping the salad greens to a minimum for now. . .maybe 1 cup a day. I'll reevaluate how much veggies I'm getting when my two week induction period is up.

Here's what my menus have been like, if anyone is interested (I always like to see what others are eating. . .it is somehow very motivational for me and can give me ideas. . .):

Wednesday:
B: coffee w/ hc, DaVinci's and protein powder
L: salad (romaine, spinach, chicken salad, mayo, HB egg)
S: coconut oil treat (1 Tbls CO, 2 Tbls no-carb protein powder, splash of DaVinci's)
D: 1/2 avocado, topped with a chopped philly steak and mayo
S: 1/2 Tbls peanut butter mixed with a dribble of CO

Tuesday:
B: coffee w/ 3 Tbls hc, also avocado/HB egg/mayo salad
L: chicken salad (dark and light meat, with mayo) on 1.5 oz of swiss
D: 2 eggs fried in butter/bacon grease
S: small egg cream (1 egg, 1/2 Tbls coconut oil, 2 Tbls protein powder, .5 oz hc, 1 oz water, splash of peanut butter DaVincis and some ice)

Monday:
B: coffee w/ 3Tbls hc, 1 breakfast sausage
S: 2 devilled eggs (4 halves)
L: 1/2 avocado w/ 1 chopped HB egg and 1 Tbls mayo
D: romaine salad, w/ dark meat chicken (including the skin), 1 oz swiss, 1 chopped HB egg, 2 Tbls blue cheese dressing
S: 1/2 Tbls coconut oil mixed with 1 Tbls no carb protein powder and a splash of DaVinci's

Sorry for no personals. . .I think my post is long enough!!

you guys!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 07-31-2008 at 08:28 AM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #169
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: dae_tona
Stats: 186/124 5'0 size 2 in misses/sz 7 in juniors
WOE: Eating like a thin person
Start Date: Feb 2002/Maintaining since May 2004
If any of you don't seem to be losing, here are some suggestions for you:

if you are eating cheese-take it out. Cheese is a known staller. And if you're doing meat/eggs only-then you should not be consuming cheese at all. But, of course, if you can't handle being without your beloved cheese, then I totally understand...and if it's not causing you problems...but...if it is...

if you're eating lower fat and not losing-increase your fat. You might be surprised at how much faster you will lose by increasing your fat while keeping your carbs low. You might also be surprised at how much thinner your waist will look in a few days.

Also-if any of you are just starting on M/E, it's important to weigh the very first day. Then check your weight again in 3 days. A loss of 3-5 lbs in 3 days means you were too carbed up & need to come down on your carbs. If you weren't eating all that many carbs, then you probably won't have a 3-5 lb loss in 3 days. But you still might feel better without a major appetite.

Remember-add in your veggies VERY SLOWLY when you start eating them again. A small salad at lunch, a small salad at dinner. A few days later, add in another cup of cooked vegetables. And then after that-make your decision as to which plan you want to follow from here on what. Don't be afraid of non-starchy veggies. Only be afraid of them if they start giving you cravings. Other than that-no need to fear a food we were meant to eat.

Dyan
dae_tona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:42 AM   #170
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

392.2 on 7/31...and hoping it will hold good (or drop lower) for 8/1's weighing, so that July shows at least a 4.6# loss - not quite 5# - a truly modest month's loss for a person my size. It's been a very bOunCy month, a learning period.

With a week to go before 8/8/08, I am hopeful that I shall pass 390 and start shooting for 380 as a new mini-goal. Lots of EIGHTs - lucky EIGHTs! Might even aim for 388# by 8/8/08, just to make a point. LUCK IS THE RESIDUE OF DESIGN is a fortune cookie mantra that sticks with me, reminds me of a LC mantra we all recognize: FAILING TO PLAN IS PLANNING TO FAIL!

So, what's in YOUR fridge, waiting for a LC'er on the prowl?

Got plenty of LC snax? Got a bowl of incredible edible HB eggs chilling? Isn't it wonderful, the feeling that comes after shelling and salting an egg and biting into it to see that golden yolk - like gold at the end of a rainbow, a promise that eating LC can and will bring us all to our long-sought pot of gold that is basically good health from dodging carbs and making healthy decisions. Good health is the only true wealth that there is, far as I can tell.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:49 AM   #171

Here I go...
Weight: 163.5

I just plucked out a piece of swordfish. I eye spyed some salmon and will eat that as well ( Thanks Zer for posting your recipes). I lost a staggering amount of weight on a 28 day cycle once. Fish, grapefruit, raw veggies and ice tea. lol - it worked like magic.

dae_tona,
thanks for posting today. Helps us just getting into it.

Eigna,
thanks for the welcome. I will post often...and I see you eat flax. Good stuff. I will have to find a way to have it daily. Maybe a low carb shake or something.

Todays food is chicken, fish, eggs. Lots of water, vits and a moderate workout.

I need a sponsor..like AA! Because its TONIGHT that will challenge me.
Maybe I will see if anyone is in chat tonight. A lifeline would be good.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 AM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Zer....I don't like the tornadoes we occasionally get here, but compared to an earthquake, give me a tornado any day. Glad you are safe. Your salmon sounds good. Congrats on losing in July...now for August!! KUTGW.

Lynn....congrats on the loss. You are doing so well. KUTGW!!

Kandi....are you going to keep doing M&E? It really isn't as hard as it sounds, is it? I do eat salads sometimes, but just lettuce, radishes, celery and not much dressing. Occasionally, I eat green beans w/butter but not very often.

Chantel....

Shari....2 lbs a week should be very doable. And you're right...who wants to be overweight in the Caribbean...or anywhere for that matter.

Angie....I've never tried Chorizo, but have been tempted. What does it taste like? Do you get the spicy or the mild? If the spicy, how spicy is it? I like spicy foods, but not if they are so hot they burn my tastebuds off!!

Kandi....right on. A loss is a loss no matter how small and certainly beats a bounce UP!!

Andrea....glad to see you back. We missed you. Your menus look interesting. What is "hc?"

Dyan....nice post. Thanks for the reminders.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Old 07-31-2008, 09:34 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Hiya Paris!! Sorry, *hc* is my lazy-man's way of saying heavy cream.

Gotta get off this board for now. I've got to have lunch and fit in a power walk this afternoon.

Laters!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #174

Paris- Yeah, I think I will keep it up, as long as it is working. I am thinking about doing it during the week and have meat and veggie weekends!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Paris:[/COLOR] The chorizo I buy is mild, it's still A LITTLE BIT spicy, just a hint which is what makes it so delicious...It also tastes great when mixed with beans...It would be something new for you, so it'll be interesting if you like it. Give it a try!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Daetona:[/COLOR] Thanks for the great reminders!
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Mommy22boys:
[/COLOR]I missed you and your humor a lot! Your menu looks great, I should probably switch to heavy cream when I don't get enough fat...if you saw my menu for yesterday I was around 900 calories, and today I only lost an ounce, so fat definitely helps ME.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Chantel:[/COLOR] Have you read the recipe for the 1 minute flax seed muffin? It probably wouldn't be a good idea to eat it during induction (it doesn't stall me, but I workout a lot during the day) but it's so filling and nutritious, besides helping with bathroom issues! Let me know if you need the recipe.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Zer:[/COLOR] A loss is a loss! If you stick to it, you'll probably have a really big loss this month, considering that's "easier" when you're heavier.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kandi:[/COLOR] you lost more than me! lol that's why I don't like weighting daily, because on the days you don't have a loss you get frustrated and discouraged, maybe in the future, weighting just weekly will be a good option for you.

See you later!

[/COLOR]
Old 07-31-2008, 12:15 PM   #176
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Andrea....Should have guessed.

Kandi....that's a good plan. I think that's what I am going to do when I get home. M&E during the week and add a salad if I go out to eat...or just occasionally.

Thanks, Angie....I am definitely going to try it. I think I'll fix it with scrambled eggs. That way if I really don't like it, I'll just eat the eggs. I'll be surprised if I don't like it though. I'll start with the mild.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #177

Eigna,
I would love the recipe. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:08 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Hey [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Chantel,[/COLOR]

It's not my recipe, I learned it last year on this thread but unfortunately I can't recall who posted it the first time, so sorry if you read this!

the ingredients:

[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DarkOrchid] 1/4th cup of flaxmeal
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 packets of splenda
teaspoon of butter
and 1 large egg
(you may add cinnamon or cocoa powder or banana extract and nuts, WHATEVER you feel like, there's lots of possibilities)[/COLOR]

instructions:

In a cup mix the dry ingredients first (splenda, flaxmeal and baking powder, and if you choose another flavor like cinnamon or cocoa go ahead)
Then add the egg and butter, mix well with a fork, microwave for 55 SECONDS and a little muffin will pop out of the cup in less than a minute! great for breakfast, I usually spread a little butter on top or some cream cheese, sometimes I add some sugar-free honey syrup, and that's it! You can combine according to taste..

Hope you like it!

[/COLOR]

Last edited by Eigna; 07-31-2008 at 01:09 PM..
Old 07-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Happy Thursday!

[COLOR="Navy"]Hello ladies! I hope your Thursday has been great!

So nice to see this thread getting busy.....and so many new faces. Makes my smile!

Great news as far as my dad, thank you all for your prayers! The cardiologist knew exactly what the other Dr. was talking about and was not the least bit concerned. He ordered some tests as a precaution and also changed a couple of his meds. Needless to say dad and I are more than relieved!

I am going to go strict meat and eggs for 5 days before I head back to school......figure I need a jump start and after reading all of your success stories I am more than ready! Not sure when I will do it but beings I start back the 19th of this month it will be soon. I am playing with a 5 pound gain more than I like to and figure it is time to start losing again. I know it works and it is time to remind myself of just that!

You all are doing a great job and I commend you! This can be done! My heaviest was 227 and I now weigh almost 90 pounds less which is a miracle as far as I am concerned as I never thought I would see it! It is amazing how you can want something so bad and actually succeed! Once you put your heart and soul into this...the sky is the limit!

Have a great evening ladies! You all are the greatest! KUTGW!!!!! [/COLOR]
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:08 PM   #180

Angie,
wow, thats easy breezy recipe. I am going to go for it tomorrow morning. Thanks. So how much have you lost on M/E? (I just figured out your screen name..lol)

Hello Browneze.
I am very happy you are posting. Your pictures have inspired me to no end! Way to go. Do you post menus? Would help us alot!

So far so good for me...and working on keeping the water flowing. Will weigh in on day 3 see how I fair.

I am excited yet nervous. Ya' know?