Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #121
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Why mornings are precious...

Oh, lovely article. Suitable for framing, as a reminder of the sort of person I want to wake up BEING on a daily basis. This post sums it all up for me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post

ARTICLE: LEARN TO LOVE A.M. WORKOUTS

Exercising early in the morning "jump starts" your metabolism, keeping it elevated for hours, sometimes for up to 24 hours! As a result, you’ll be burning more calories all day long—just because you exercised in the morning.

Exercising in the morning energizes you for the day—not to mention that gratifying feeling of virtue you have knowing you’ve done something disciplined and good for you.

Studies have shown that exercise significantly increases mental acuity—a benefit that lasts four to ten hours after your workout ends. Exercising in the a.m. means you get to harness that brainpower, instead of wasting it while you’re snoozing.

Assuming you make exercise a true priority, it shouldn’t be a major problem to get up 30 to 60 minutes earlier—especially since regular exercise generally means a higher quality of sleep, which in turn means you’ll probably require less sleep. (If getting up 30 to 60 minutes earlier each day seems too daunting, you can ease into it with 10 to 20 minutes at first.)

When you exercise at about the same time every morning—especially if you wake up regularly at about the same time—you’re regulating your body's endocrine system and circadian rhythms. Your body learns that you do the same thing just about every day, and it begins to prepare for waking and exercise several hours before you actually open your eyes.

That’s beneficial because:
o Your body’s not “confused” by wildly changing wake-up times, which means waking up is much less painful. (You may even find that you don’t need an alarm clock most days.)
o Hormones prepare your body for exercise by regulating blood pressure, heart rate, blood flow to muscles, etc.
o Your metabolism, along with all the hormones involved in activity and exercise, begin to elevate while you're sleeping. As a result, you’ll feel more alert, energized, and ready to exercise when you do wake up.

Many people find that morning exercise has a tendency to regulate their appetite for the rest of the day. Not only do they eat less (since activity causes the release of endorphins, which in turn diminishes appetite), they also choose healthier portions of healthier foods.

People who consistently exercise find, sometimes to their great surprise, that the appointed time every morning evolves into something they look forward to. Besides the satisfaction of taking care of themselves, they find it’s a great time to plan their day, pray, or just think more clearly—things most of us often don’t get to do otherwise.

Exercising first thing in the morning is the most foolproof way to ensure that other things don’t overtake your fitness commitment, particularly if you have a hectic family life. (It’s so easy to wimp out in the evening, when we’re tired or faced with such tasks as rustling up dinner and helping with homework.)
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Zer: That article is GREAT...I've been thinking what am I going to do once I start working 2 weeks from now..I have to be in at 7:15am and also need to get my son ready for his school which starts at 7am...so I'm thinking how I'll fit exercise into my schedule...I'll let you all know later on...
About the Callanetics, there's a thread here at LCF that has great pictures and success stories, and you can get all your questions answered, it's really nice. Hope that helps.

Talk to you all later...

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Hello all....

Spent most of the day with youngest DD. She just bought a house and is in the process of moving in. So glad it's not me. I'm too old for that much work....but I LOVE the house. I envy her.

Not doing as well with the WOE as I should. Ate out with DD last night (I did have a salad from the salad bar so that wasn't TOO bad), but I had lunch with her today and that wasn't good (Had a Runza). For those of you who don't know what a Runza is (probably all of you since it's a local invention) they take bread dough and stuff it with hamburger, mushrooms, swiss cheese, and lots of pepper...and bake it. It's shaped like a hot dog bun (only bigger) and they are delish. Haven't had one in several years so I didn't resist when her man brought them home for lunch. No fries or onion rings though. Am having chicken and some left over pork for dinner....so maybe the damage won't be TOO bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyez View Post
[COLOR="Navy"] I am due in court mid August for the grounds hearing and that in itself is keeping me more than motivated as I want to look my best......I know my husband and he is just waiting for me to fail, which is not a part of my vocabulary any more! I am more determined than ever![/COLOR]
Don't forget the hundred and some pounds of ugly fat you will lose in that courtroom (however much the soon-to-be-ex weighs)!!!!

Angie...You aren't alone "falling off the train." The fact that you got back on fairly quickly is the REALLY important part. Stuff happens....but not letting it totally derail you is SO smart. If DH insists on a dog, he could at least get one that you wouldn't be allergic to. There are several breeds that "allergic" people aren't allergic to. Ask a vet they would know which ones. I'm pretty sure any of the ones who don't shed (they have hair instead of fur) are in the classification....like poodles and bishons and there are a couple of others.

Zer....Great "Watch Me Shrink" post. I'll be printing that out. Thanks.

Gotta run....see ya all tomorrow.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #124

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
Hi, I am Kandi. I am thinking about doing this. I would have to start tomorrow because I have already had lettuce and salsa today. If you all would be so kind as to tell me..
How much have you lost eating this way?
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Kim you are doing great! He will eat his heart out!

Hugs Angie!

Thanks for the article Zer.

Hugs Judy!

Kandi. In the past I lost 86 pounds and 5 sizes doing this. It took about 6 months. (I cheated off and on and still lost).

Hi all...Today has been totally on plan. Done eating for today. Since it is day 1 if I get really hungry I will allow myself more protein, but planning no more food today.

I forgot to tell you...I spoke to my parents this weekend and planted the seeds of my not making it to their anniversary. Since it relates to a potential promotion they were fine with it...I think my dad was even proud contemplating me supervising the Doctors (he is a retired MD). That is really taking the pressure off. At this point I am planning on NOT going...it is much healthier for me mentally.

I WILL DO THIS AND CHANGE MY LIFE!!

Highest ever: 316
Size 24/26

restart: 15Jun10
Jan 1, 2011 Size 20 and still losing!

Last edited by lynnp; 07-28-2008 at 03:07 PM..
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #126

Lynn- Thanks for your quick response.. I do believe I am going to start this tomorrow and see how I feel after 3 days.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can do it Kandi!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Purple]Paris:[/COLOR] It's true you learn something new every day! Thanks for the info on dogs and also for the company off that train! lol I got right back on track today, I know you'll do the same...

[COLOR=Purple]Lynn:[/COLOR] You killed 2 birds with the same stone, you made your dad proud and were able to skip that visit, good for you!

[COLOR=Purple]Kandi:[/COLOR] I couldn't help myself! Wanted to share my experience... I started low carbing back around 2003 and dropped 52 pounds (I weighted abput 152)...eventually I started cheating and putting on some pounds...By the time I started meat and eggs I had gotten up to 179 pounds...I started around April 2007 and dropped another 45 pounds with this so I was 134 this past December....I've been cheating on and off, Christmas, Birthdays, visits from relatives,vacations and just plain binging without reason, so I've packed some pounds I'm trying to lose again and am somewhere around 143-147 pounds...So just so you know, cheating is not worth it....But if you stick to clean eating this DOES work..My initial weight loss was without exercise....but if you want to have a nice body without the flab, try exercising even if just a little, you'll speed up your metabolism and be able to eat a little more.
Anyway, that's my story and recounting it somewhat helps me recommit..
You'll find lots of support here, lots of us have lost a lot of weight doing this, it works and the support helps A LOT...

Feel free to post every day, as it's a little slow during the summer, for one reason or the other... Good luck and WELCOME aboard!

[/COLOR]
Old 07-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Angie...now to get the job!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lynn...Good for you on getting back on the loser's train. I'll be totally back on as soon as I get home. I'm kinda draggin' my left foot off the train right now. Not doing "totally" horrid, but not really strictly on plan either.

I'm glad you decided not to go to the anniversary....that's a good mental health choice....especially since they are OK with it, and you won't even have to feel guilty. Just enjoy your "freedom" and the next time they see you there will be so much less of you to see. You were my inspiration before and you will be that again. I'm counting on you.

Kandi....
...aboard the loser's train..... This is definitely the place to come for support.

Angie....You're welcome...and like I said, a vet can tell you which breeds won't activate your allergies.

See ya all tomorrow!!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #131

Well, I am going to do this tomorrow for sure! I am going to see how it goes. The only thing I can foresee is that on Thursday night, we are going out to eat, so I know I will have veggies for dinner. I will mark my weight on here in the morning so I can remember what I started at and can track my progress more easily.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:48 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Judy...no pressure there!

Down 3.5 lbs this morning...I am on my way. Going to do the same thing today food wise and just keep working my plan.

Last edited by lynnp; 07-29-2008 at 02:50 AM..
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 AM   #133
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Good morning,

I've decided to do M/E for now as I need to get back into deep ketosis and get my eating back under control. I had a lot of success doing M/E back in '06 and look forward to it again. I've been lurking off and on in this forum so feel like I already 'know' some of you by now!! My short term goal is 20lbs.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:54 AM   #134

Ok, Day 1 for me.. I weighed 229.8 this morning.
Breakfast was 2 hardboiled eggs. ! brought about 4 more HB eggs for work to snack on. I also brought a hamburger patty to cook on the GF grill for lunch. Supper, I believe I will have a pork patty.. maybe shrimp cooked on the GF grill. So far so good. It is 7:53 am and I am not craving veggies yet.. I will keep you all informed and come here for support if I need it!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #135
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
The incredible edible egg, a staple for successful LC'ing!

Can't go wrong with plenty of HB eggs on hand for snax!
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #136
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: dae_tona
Stats: 186/124 5'0 size 2 in misses/sz 7 in juniors
WOE: Eating like a thin person
Start Date: Feb 2002/Maintaining since May 2004
I came through this week with a 6 pound loss. On Friday, I added a small salad at lunch & one more at dinner. And then, on Saturday, I added a cooked veggie (green beans) to my mix.

I did the M/E just to get my appetite back under control. And now it's under control. So much-in fact-that usually I have a free day on Saturday. But I decided to drop those. I'm also steering clear of fruit & grains. Both seem to set off the cravings so the best way to avoid cravings is to avoid foods that set them off.

And the best part? No weight gain with it being that time. No bloating. No cramping. No water retention. It's great that I'm able to get through that time with none of that and weight lost-not gained!

Good luck to all of you who are continuing with the M/E. Of course, I'll check in on a regular basis if I"m not out of town or working 10 hour days.

If you really, really, really want to see results-do this absolutely cheat-free for 5-7 days and you will be surprised at your results. They'll be so great-you probably won't ever want to have 'one taste' of 'that' again.

Dyan
dae_tona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp View Post
Thanks Judy...no pressure there!

Down 3.5 lbs this morning...I am on my way. Going to do the same thing today food wise and just keep working my plan.
Lynn...now, you know we both work better under pressure. So...what are you doing? What's a typical day like?

...Shari...

Kandi...sounds like you have a good day planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer View Post
Can't go wrong with plenty of HB eggs on hand for snax!
Zer....you can say that again. The incredible, edible egg...Nature's perfect food.

Dyan....
that's wonderful. Do keep us up to date on your progress.

Gotta run...See ya all tomorrow!!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #138

I am cooking my burger as we speak and it smells GREAT!! So far i have eaten 3 eggs now the burger.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

back Shari.

Judy, here it is:

Stuck with plan...below plus diet soda and crystal light.

Food today:

b: iced coffee; vanilla atkins shake

l: 2 hb eggs with mayo and one chicken sausage

d: ribeye steak and blue cheese

suppliments: calcium/mag, fish oil, vit d, core greens, potassium, multi, biotin
Old 07-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #140
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Ate on plan today...had steak too, Lynn, but ate it plain..will try blue cheese next time . I love blue cheese!!

Dyan and Eigna, thanks for the great testimony to how wonderful M/E works. I've seen so much success on this board..I keep wondering why did I stray?

Kandi~congrats on the weight loss prior to now!! What were you doing before?
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #141

TY shari, Just low carb. Some berries but not many.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #142

successful first day

I had Pork chops for supper. They were good! This concludes my first day. I should be good to go for the rest of the night. If I get hungry later, I will eat an egg.

OH, and I actually went for a walk with my kids after dinner. Not very far, but long enough to get me winded and I started getting a charlie horse in my thigh. It is sad that I am THAT out of shape. I enjoyed the time with my girls and we have a date to walk again tomorrow night.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:59 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job Kandi!

Good morning all. Scale stayed the same today...maybe the salt in the blue cheese, but more likely because TOM is due at any moment. Just boiled some eggs for work. Have a great day all!
Old 07-30-2008, 07:21 AM   #144
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mishelly
Stats: 260/246/165
Start Date: July 11,2008
Okay so I've been reading everyone's posts and feel like you all are a determined group of gals! I started induction 7/11 (3rd time around0 and now have remarkedly gone 19 days without white stuff! I FEEL BETTER! MY joints are not aching like before, no heartburn, and I feel like my face/skin looks better. Oh yea. And I am down 12 pounds so far. I am mostly eating eggs and meat. Although I do have at least one serving of salad or green veggie a day. I am trying hard to get 8 more pounds off by 8/11. And I have a goal of 40 pounds off by Thanksgiving, the next time I see my family.
How about you guys? Mini goals? Long term goals?
Nice to meet you all!

[COLOR="Red"]260,258,256,254,252,250,248[/COLOR],[COLOR="Red"]246[/COLOR],[COLOR="Red"]244,242,240,238,[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]236,234,232,230,[/COLOR]228,226,224,222,220,218,216,214,
188,186,184,182,180,178,176,174,172,170,168,166, GOAL!!!
Mishelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:22 AM   #145

Ok, Day 1 Complete and I lost 2.7 pounds since yesterday. (and I haven't even *went* yet.. if you know what I mean) I don't know if it is due to this M/E fast or I was just due for a loss, but I tend to think it was a combo of both. I am happy with that! Thank you all for your support.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning Everyone:

Sorry I didn't post yesterday...sometimes I get a little blue and don't feel like doing much...then the afternoon comes and I don't have time to do much!
Didn't exercise yesterday, but had a 1.4 drop in the morning, and today I had a 1 pound loss...Just stayed on plan and the cheat weight is almost off...I want to get like 20 pounds off so I can look better than I did last Christmas!(134 lbs.) Most of my family members are telling me they don't want me to get that way again saying I looked unhealthy...but maybe it was because I wasn't exercising and eating very little...Lets see how it goes this time around...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Lynn: [/COLOR]It's frustrating when you do everything right and still don't lose...but you know they'll eventually come off, hang in there!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kandi:[/COLOR] Congrats on the loss! The exercise will get easier with every pound you lose...I started very slowly when I weighted around 170, and even felt embarrassed, thinking everyone was looking or judging me (I know, that's stupid, nobody even notices) but then it was a regular thing that made me feel like I was doing something for me and my health! Keep up the good work!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Michelly:[/COLOR] WELCOME! There's my goal...to drop another 20 and maintain...Christmas is always a good time to look nice! you know, the dresses and stuff...I just hope I don't blow it this time around!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Shari:[/COLOR] You'll get back in shape in no time...this is not that difficult once you master the afternoon/evening cravings and of course the much dreaded weekends! there's where I've been having the most trouble, and this Saturday is my 7 year anniversary! Yikes!

Everyone I'm missing, we can do this, you all know it works if we learn to eat! K.U.T.G.W.!

See you all later!

[/COLOR]
Old 07-30-2008, 07:52 AM   #147

Angie- Thank you so much! Congrats on your loss too! I am hoping that I will lose another pound in the next couple days, but I will be happy as long as I don't gain back the ones I already lost.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Good Morning all, I have been reading though all of the posts on this link and would like to join in. I have been LCing since mid May and you can see my stats to the left. I would like to lower my carbs more and am rereading DANRD
or whatever it is LOL. Anyways, I started today on the induction because I still have some veggies and salad left. However, once the veggies are gone I am going to try the M/E for 3-5 days.

One of the grocery stores here is advertising large eggs for 99 cents and there is a coupon to get one dozen for 79 cents, how cool is that??

Thank you to Dyan for post #95. It is full of encouragement and direction.

I will keep you posted on my progress and let you know when the veggies are gone and I begin M/E.

5-28 260.4
6-28 243.4 down 17 lbs
7-28 231.4 down 12 lbs: Total - 29 lbs
8-28 218.2 down 13.2 lbs Total - 42.2 lbs
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
In an earlier post someone provided the link to McDonalds and the nutritional info about the salads. I am curious as to why there is so much of a carb difference between any of the salads without the chicken versus those with the grilled chicken. For example, the first salad on the list is the southwestern salad, note carb count with grilled chicken is 30 g and without the chicken it is 20 g thus making the chicken 10 g what is up with that?

McDonald's USA - McDonald's Nutrition Facts
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Unhealthy/Healthier/Healthy
WOE: Low Carb < 30 carbs or less
Start Date: Monday! :)
Meat & Eggs

Hello,

I would like to join this group. I started eating Meat & eggs this week and plan on doing this mostly during the week and then maybe adding a little veggies back on the weekend. I hope to get to know you all during this journey so let's lose some weight and inches together.

I started at 229 lbs as on Monday July 28, 2008 and won't weigh myself until Saturday August 2, 2008. I started low-carbing on July 1, 2008 and broke out of a stall where I was always between 232-234. I broke the stall with low-carbing and am now at the starting weight of 229. I want to see how meat & eggs works for me and I also exercise at least 6 days a week.

Last edited by MagieDen; 07-30-2008 at 08:20 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote