Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Happy long weekend Angie...see ya when you getback.

Lynn, wishing you luck on this!

I am very pleased to report something. I have yet to weigh but I have been on plan - not one bite, not one sniff, not one lick - for two days. That is a MIRACLE. I am the queen of denial. But for some reason, something is clicking. No bs, no denial. Just saying no ( yea Nancy Regan! Just Say No!). And get this..in my house I have the most delish vanilla ice cream (Trader Joes makes an outstanding vanilla) I have lovely chocolate and I have chocolate cookies. And I snuffed my nose at all of it! Woohoo me!

I also notice my cravings are diminishing. I hope its ketosis today.

I can do this. Again. I can do this.

Thanks for all your support. Today I need to get my cardio in and then play with the kiddo. Its our last summer weekend!!

Oh! I made turkey bacon ( nitrate free), lots of chicken, hard boiled eggs diced it up - its ready for snacks. I am so doing this right again.

Hope all of you feel as good as I do this weekend! Lets do this!

Last edited by Stevie Renee; 08-30-2008 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: spelling of ocurse. I am terrible at it.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #512
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigna View Post
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Zer[/COLOR], you gave me a GREAT idea with your personal chefs...It's a way of making a little extra income later on...I'll probably PM you later, so I can get some ideas...
I think each one of us ought to have some skill we can barter or sell as a sideline - if not a mainline biz. I shall encourage my personal chef to look at her skill as a means of creating an independent income, so she is not a wage slave dependent on the vagaries of an undependable job market. With a little initiative, she can make a good living at doing what she loves. Talent like hers can become a ticket to freedom from jobs that return little and ask much.

I found her on Craigs List, which might well be a place to start hustling work. Soon, word of mouth should build up, as one's reputation gets established.

While anyone might attend to building up 40 quarters of taxable earnings to qualify for social security benefits, this might best be a PT job or a job timed for close to retirement, as a way of ensuring maximum benefits at the time of retirement. Private income, cash income, or a trade/skill that can be bartered, is pure gold! I wish I'd known this all the while I worked for a paycheck and paid hefty taxes as a single taxpayer with no dependents that qualified as exemptions. Kitties do not qualify. Furbabies are not deductible.
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Angie....enjoy your weekend away. Have fun and come back and report on all you did.

Chantel....YAY...you sound like you have it all together. Congrats and KUTGW!!

Zer....very good advice. Isn't Craigs list wonderful? My DD has gotten some very nice, almost new furniture for her new house there....and such reasonable prices. For example, she got a game/poker table for $25. It's in like new condition. It's a fantastic website. I wish that had been available when I was her age. Technology has changed the world for the better in so many ways. For instance, having the internet and this wonderful place for support and friendship.

See you guys later.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
I have been reviewing the dvds for my workout program and they will be brutal, but easy to modify until I get into better shape. We will begin on Monday. I will keep you up to date on the progress.
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #515

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Ok...been off plan for the past two days but back on today !!Trying to see if I want to do stillmans again as well. It's very boring but effective with getting the weight off and getting back into ketosis quickly. It's still a M/E plan..just lower fat. If I do it, plan to only do it for a few days before adding fat. I love my fat!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:23 AM   #516
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Baconboy gets my vote...

Shashimi Mark (aka Baconboy) gets my vote, for bringing bacon back to my life and spicing up my fish-egg plan with pig candy, as I consider bacon to be. It's a snack that I'd stopped including, until I read Mark's ravin' about bacon! I've got bags of Trader Joe's uncured bacon, cooked and waiting in the fridge, with all the HB eggs that are ready for snacking. With a ready supply of LC goodies, I anticipate a better weight loss than when I was snacking on celery, sweet peppers, cheese and the like.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:00 AM   #517

Zer,
I bought a couple of packages of Trader Joes Nitrate Free turkey bacon...as I am not a big pig bacon fan! But it is lovely! A nice change of pace. The rest of the family loves ther regular bacon however

So today is day 4 and I am CHEAT FREE! Wow, who am I?! lol
I did struggle a bit with the want of chocolate only because I saw it. Funny how the mind does that. But I did not do it.

Off too see my sister and her 5 kids today! She has a pool and lives in the hot desert. So we should have a nice fun, family day.

Oh! Its my dogs 2nd birthday. Bella..she is kinda mopey however. I think she knows we are leaving for the day.

I am packing my ice chest...
Atkins shake, hard boiled eggs, sliced turkey and maybe some chicken breast bites.

Shari,
i am mixing M/E and Stillmans..I do not eat red meat but I did have a bit of cottage cheese yesterday. So maybe think of mixing it up - it all works.

I am also tweaking this a bit to conform to me...a very small amount of raw nuts and 1 piece of cheese at night. Better then the junk food. I need the fat.

Goal is to get my water in at sisters and swim the pool ( laps)

Happy weekend.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:05 AM   #518
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, everyone....

I was on plan yesterday and I am DOWN 1.8 lbs this morning.

Lynn...good for you. I'll be very interested in your progress with the DVDs. What is the name of the program? I've forgotten which one you said you were getting. This should really help your resolve. Good luck....

Shari....I hear ya....I love the fat too. I always said, "I don't have a "sweet" tooth...I have a "fat" tooth." If it's high fat I love it. Never really did care all that much about the sugary stuff.

Zer....gotta love that bacon. I don't think they sell uncured bacon here. I'll have to check around. I don't eat it very often because of the chemicals, but if I could find uncured, that would be a different story.

Gotta run....have a good day, everyone, and KUTGW.

....for all the losers.

....for all those struggling.

Last edited by Parisfox; 08-31-2008 at 08:07 AM..
Old 08-31-2008, 09:28 AM   #519

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
so much for stillmans today . I forgot about yummy porkchops I had in the fridge and needed to eat before expired date.

Parisfox~congrats on the weight loss!!

Chantel~you're doing great staying on plan and preparing your goodies for today in advance. My goal is to get back to getting at least 64oz in. I notice I definitely lose better when I increase my water intake.

Zer~I love bacon too!! I can easily eat a whole pack/day if I just go for it!! Always retain water from the sodium though when I overeat (which is hard for me not to do ).

Lynn~keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Way to go with plans to incorporate exercise!!

Eigna~know you're gone by now but congrats on weight loss and almost back to goal!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:59 AM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Zer, Chantel, Judy and Shari...KUTGW!!

Thanks Judy and Shari.

Judy it is the P90X plan highly modified for my fitness level.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #521
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

My weight is up, reflecting some delicious carbs that I thought I might add to my LC plan - but am reversing myself on RIGHT NOW and looking to eat mostly fish and eggs until I see a downward trend in my weight. I just emailed my personal chef that her shopping list and food prep list is vastly simpler than we thought it would be. No wild rice or quinoa, for a while. Some raw sprouts, as she mentioned spicy sprouts and I want to try broccoli sprouts for their higher nutrition and lower carbs than mature broccoli. I'm going to ask that the bacon be packed up in smaller bags, to help with portion control. Ditto greens, as I tend to eat too much from a larger bowl than I ought to eat. I think Cheatos are safe, being eggwhites and cheese. And we are trying quiche in small sizes (muffin cup quiches) to use up the eggyolks left over from Cheatos eggwhites.

So I am doing Atkins and working harder to get my carbs <5% (for a change).

Fish and eggs WILL work, WILL help me drop a few ounces a day!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 AM   #522
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Labor Day? I'm here...at nearly 5:30am in predawn SoCal... Got my hot slosh and have collected distressing data from my cynical scale that shows me UP 6# - from Aug.1's 391.0 to Sept.1's 397.0. Hey, it's just data... but my data is headed the wrong way! It's time to adjust my eating, to modify my plan, to re-think my carbs, to head off a trend that is UNacceptable.

I'm doing meat/fish and eggs for a while, to encourage my body to burn off some ounces daily. Time for my trend to show a downward glide! Past time. So... today is a new start for me, a new chance to make better LC decisions and to put denial behind me. Behind me, where my caboose is, where my bad decisions hang on, wagging as I waddle, to remind me how bad decisions hang on...and on...and on. All aboard, for a Labor Day of great LC decisions!

Time to burn some calories! Let's get cookin', cookie puss!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:47 AM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone. Started my P90X today. The 1st workout was chest and back and I feel like a noodle. I have a long way to go to do it well, but I am doing it and I am sweating and using the muscles so that is a victory. There is a different workout for each day 6-7 days a week so I should change my body with a little higher carbs than m/e. Will allow myself some yogurt and frozen berries for a breakfast protein shake.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #524

Day five..on track. Its a miracle, it really is.

I am going to be brave and go shopping..lol, lots of sales around here. I need a new bathroom rug.

Way to Lynn on your workouts!!!

Hi everyone! Have a blessed day.

I am making ribs with a rub.

Breakfast was turkey bacon witha bit of cream cheese. Gotta watch that cheese

Today is water, ribs. lol

Old 09-01-2008, 11:04 AM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Chantel!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG you guys. This is the start of a new month and can be a new start for all of us.

Zer....You can do this. Just watch those carbs BEFORE they get behind you.

Congrats, Lynn....
I looked up the P90X exercise program and I admire you.

Chantel....Ribs, YUMMO...share your rub recipe.

I had an on-plan day yesterday and was DOWN 0.4 of a pound this morning. Not much, but better than UP so I'll take it.
I lost 7 lbs in August and am hoping to do better in September.

Today's menu:
Lunch: Protein Shake
Snack: Boiled egg dipped in a tsp of Spicy Ranch (Easy way to have a deviled egg).
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken dipped in 2 tsp. Ranch; 1.5 cups homemade Chicken Veggie Soup
Old 09-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: porusgal
Stats: 166/124/128
WOE: low/moderate carbs
Start Date: oct 2006
lynnp

Hello,

Just checking out your thread. I see you are starting to workout with P90x. I ordered P90 (used from ebay). I need to check the different with the P90X. I look forward to working out.
porusgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Judy...I am heavily modifying to my fitness level, but I definitely feel this mornings work.

Porusgal! Can't wait to hear your experiences. WE CAN DO IT!! It is tough stuff!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:57 PM   #529
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisfox View Post
Zer....You can do this. Just watch those carbs BEFORE they get behind you.
Yep, hindsight is no good. Once those carbs are in me, I'm in Trouble with a capital "T".

Just had a noonish visit by personal chef to pick up empty containers that will come back filled with salmon and quiche and bacon and greens in bacon fat on Wednesday - and she came in and we talked a while although I met her at the door with the stuff to keep from yakking at her on her shopping day. So she ended up bringing me a Carl's bunless double patty (burp) at 1:30pm, a food run that I shall pay for on Wednesday when I pay her for her time this week. Just call me Oprah/spoiled, for asking anyone to pick up a burger for me - and she said they KNEW at the burger place to offer her my 10% senior discount, even though she's only 22! This is her first trip to Carl's, so she was surprised that they knew my order.

It was wonderful! Two beefy slabs of 1/4# each, with pepperjack cheese, onions, tomatoes, sweet pickles. OMG, I think I died and went to heaven. Hope this does not push me up over 400# today. Got to drink more water, more water!

I cut all the green beans and asparagus from my order this week. Just have leeks, asparagus, mushrooms in the quiche, I think, with swiss cheese. Going to do more fish and eggs, even got some canned fish for when the salmon is finished. But I am definitely eating too well. Had my first sample of Melle's Cheatos last week. Amazing cheesy puffs of eggwhite! Trying more this week and hope they are sufficiently protein-fat to let me show a weight loss.

Today's food is pretty much inside me. Half pound of beefy burger patties!

May do sardines later on. Or not. So satisfied right now. Even the tomato slices tasted good to me. Like real tomatoes. Flavorful. Yum!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:28 AM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG! Today's workout was brutal. Going to feel all those squats tomorrow.

Hoping to hear about the job today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning Everyone!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Lynnp:[/COLOR] I give up, I can never beat your rising habits! lol I ENVY you...Good luck on those news! and Good for you on those workouts!

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Paris:[/COLOR][/COLOR] Congrats on the loss!! WTG!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Zer[/COLOR][/COLOR], [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Shari [/COLOR]and [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Chantel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]: Thanks!

I just wanted to post quickly to say Good Morning to all! and show off, lol!
My weight loss for these past 3 weeks since I started stillmans is 9.6 pounds BUT I need to subtract 2.4 pounds I gained over this Holiday weekend
Will be strict again, no doubt about that...it's waay easier with boring Stillmans and being at school all day..

Sorry to all those I'm missing, I don't have any more time, but PLEASE post! we miss you guys!

I'll talk to you all later, take care of yourselves!

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Last edited by Eigna; 09-02-2008 at 04:32 AM..
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:54 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp View Post
Thanks Judy...I am heavily modifying to my fitness level, but I definitely feel this mornings work.
Lynn....Modifying or not....you are doing it!! I feel your pain. KUTGW...
Can't wait to hear about the job. Keep your spirits up no matter what the result.
What will be...will be....and usually it turns out for the best in the long run.
Good thoughts coming your way.

Zer....You are making me hungry.

Porusgal!... You're at the right place for support, understanding, and friendship.
Hope to see a LOT more of you....or rather a lot LESS of you...but often.

Thanks, Angie....GOOD JOB on your loss!! VERY NICE....

My weight is holding today. Scale said the same as yesterday in spite of being on plan.
Now to avoid a bounce UP, which I am due for....but I DON"T WANT IT!! I'll be on plan again today.

See ya....

Last edited by Parisfox; 09-02-2008 at 05:57 AM..
Old 09-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #533

Parisfox,
you are melting! I am so excited for you. When ya gonna put your stats out?! No pressure....lol, but really! You are melting! So for the ribs I had some Mr Stubbs rub. I didn't even try that rack. I ended up using a lc bbq sauce on other slabs. Loooove it...I ate a whole rack. I wonder how many ounces? Hard to say because they are not the meaty kind. Just baby back pork.

Lynn,
squats - yikes. Let us know if sitting on the potty is a painful experience! Always gets me. And lets keep our fingers crossed for good news about the job!!

Morning Zer!

Angie!! Love that pink on you
Looking good there missy! Woot!

So today is day 6. I am not weighing...but I am looking. lol, the mirror and i are on good terms this morning.

Cable guy coming today - they changed things on my hood and I think they shared my bandwidth with tooooo many neighbors. I need better service fot the price I pay!

So today is more turkey bacon, ribs, water.

I am inspired to do an upper body workout so I will dust off some weights today.

Keep working it!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Angie, Judy and Chantel. You guys are doing awesome!! WTG!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #535
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Just enjoyed my 2d can of sardines (skinless, boneless filets) in olive oil - and was about to pop the top on a 3d can, when I realized that a can at 10am and another at 4:30pm was satisfying. No need for more. Not yet. And I have a doz HB eggs and a bag of cooked bacon to devour before more turns up Wed. Yep, standing order for 2doz HB eggs and 8 snacky bags of bacon a week (from 4pkgs of TJoe's uncured bacon, 11slices, 12oz raw and much less cooked crispy chewy for fridge snacking), in addition to 2# of poached salmon, 1# deli turkey (in 1/4# pkgs for snacking) and greens wilted in bacon fat. Oh, quiche too. It is a challenge, remembering what is on the wish list for LC eats to be delivered - mostly fridge food. Cheatos are using eggwhites, so quiche will use yolks and maybe some bacon fat too. I'm not sure. We are trying to balance out all the pieces of a LC menu that can be prepared and carried in, to make my job of eating up to my BMR a little more interesting than what I do with a canopener. Might see some 'shrooms in bacon fat this week, as being not so carby as a lot of vegies and a nice flavorful accompaniment for the poached salmon. I hope.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing great Zer!

Morning all...new day and a new workout. Shoulders, biceps and triceps tday and I am jello! Each workout is an hour long and keep moving. I am also feeling my legs from yesterday. Working out this hard also makes me hungry. I came home from work yesterday and made a lc cheesecake for an at work snack. Lots of protein and fat with no sugar!

Have a great day all.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #537
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Hello everyone....haven't been here in a while...funny how we tend to gravitate back....okay...I need some support getting off some of this chubby flubber that seems to have accummulated around my middle...couldn't be the large amount of half and half I consume each day in my coffee could it?.....gosh...it seems to have gotten out of control...and I can't think of too much else to blame..because other than that I stick pretty well to locarb except for the damn cheese, of course.....what is it about cheese I ask......so, I need a kick in the butt..would like to be down 5 pounds by my 62nd birthday on Halloween...I know it doesn't sound like much to some...but, I have been dragging this few pounds around for so long it is like pulling teeth to get it off..and I know I would feel so much better...the older you get the more you feel the extra stress on your body...

Since I have back problems...I am trying out a new set of exercises from a book called "Pain Free" by Peter Egoscue...actually have bought 3 of his books used online...got the wrong one the first time..waiting for the other two..plus walking again..trying to keep myself moving despite discomfort..not always an easy task when it feels better at first just to lie down..

Glad to see so many new faces...and a few old ones..(Hi Lynn..)...I hope I can get my rear here each day..whether I do well or not...I tend to slack off writing when I have royally screwed up..I need to come here either way...wish me luck and I am looking forward to meeting you all..

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you said it in has left you.
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #538
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: CinnamonSpice
Well, hello Zer...I have spent the last hour or so reading your blog...still have a way to go..lol How insightful and interesting it is...you write like someone I once knew spoke...I would really have to pay attention to him......I don't consider myself dumb, but, sometimes I feel there is a message in the context of what someone says or writes...that I just can't quite grasp...but, I know it's there...and then sometimes it is so on target that I marvel that someone can explain exactly how I feel with the right words that I can't quite find...look forward to your posts...
CinnamonSpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #539

Hi CinnamonSpice,
I get that 5 pound dilema for sure. So lucky you has a birthday on Halloween! One of our favorite days around here. Could be various factors about the weight gain in the middle. I know that is my trouble spot.
I do use cream - half/half from Trader Joes. But I measure it out. So I can add it in to my daily tallys.

Welcome!

Hi all.
Day 7! Whoot!
Well, just a fly by. Busy bee here.

Keep up the good work.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 AM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp View Post
Thanks Angie, Judy and Chantel. You guys are doing awesome!! WTG!
Thanks, Lynn....
You are doing such a good job with the exercise. I salute you!!
I WAS doing awesome, however, I got the bounce up I was expecting. I had sausage & eggs for lunch instead of a protein shake and I was UP 0.8 of a lb this morning. Will be having a shake for lunch today and hope the scale is nicer to me tomorrow.

BACK, CS-Lynn..... (Just to differentiate between you and Lynn, the CS stands for CinnamonSpice.) Not only do our "older" bodies feel the extra weight a lot more than the young 'uns, but it is MUCH harder and slower to lose it.

Hey, Chantel & Zer....