Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Thanks Judy!
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2008, 07:32 PM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Had a good on-plan day today.

Protein shake for lunch

1/2 chicken breast; small piece of leftover sirloin steak; small salad w/Ranch for dinner.
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #393

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 04/14/08
Ok, so I didn't have an all M/E day.. I had to eat lunch on the run which was a low carb 6 dollar bacon cheese burger. Then I ate another burger for dinner with cheese and 4 asparagus spears. and 2 diet shastas..
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #394
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp View Post
I have been having an interesting day here at work.
Wonderful, the compliments on your new look and the remarkable efforts made on your behalf by those who respect your professional standards.

You have worked hard to earn both the compliments and the help of friends.
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:50 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Zer.

Morning everyone! Had a very long day yesterday so I ate very late and chose not to weigh today because of it. One of my military Nurse Practitioners found out after the workday ended that she is deploying tomorrow so I have 6 weeks of appointments to work on moving around to the two doctors left in the clinic. I focused on todays patients to start and removing any not booked yet through Sept. so no more fill up. Going in early to get back to it.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Good Thursday Morning everyone!

I'm in a BIG hurry, just a quick check in to let you all know it went great my first day on the job (T.A. at my son's school) and have been running around like crazy... I had half a bagel and a croissant yesterday so I had a 0.7 pound increase...just hope I can get it under control...

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Tina: [/COLOR]I'm THRILLED to see you!!! Thought you wouldn't be coming back! Hope you had enormous fun in Costa Rica and about the weight, you have the rest of your days to keep a look at it, don't worry if you indulged, that's what vacations are for!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Lynn:[/COLOR] Congrats on the compliments, you can do it!!!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Kandi, Zer, Paris, Duece, Shari, Chantel,Andrea, Browneyes[/COLOR] and everyone I might be missing, a big hug, thanks always for the support, and we'll talk later!

Have a great day!

ps. [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]CAT: [/COLOR]I MISS YOU!!! Hope you come back! remember you're my inspiration to exercise! lol

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:03 AM   #397
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning ladies,

Stayed on plan yesterday..psyching myself to exercise this morn before heading out. Eigna, thanks for the info regarding B-stress..gonna look for that today. Lynn, congrats on both praises yesterday...you're doing great!! back Tina!!
Everyone else, have a good day and KUTGW!!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Morning, everyone!

Well, I'm super busy today getting last-minute things done before we head to Florida tomorrow. We have a 7am flight, so we'll be up at about 4 in the morning. Ugh! Anyway, I won't be able to check in while we're gone, as my parents don't have their internet connected at their condo during the summer. I'll miss checking in with you guys!

On deck today is the last of the packing, running and unloading the dishwasher, cleaning out the fridge (yuck!), going to the bank, taking the dog to the kennel, cleaning out the back of my SUV (I end up with all kinds of sports equipment, towels, pool toys, camping chairs, etc in there during the summer) so we can put our luggage in there tonight, running the vaccuum, cleaning the bathroom, and making something for dinner. The boys will both need baths tonight and I'll have to bribe them (or rope them. . .whatever ) to get them into bed and asleep before 8 tonight so I am not dragging two little bears with me to the airport in the morning.

Aren't you glad you know all that? LOL!

Yesterday we ended up going to the movies and bowling, so lunch was at the mall (2 bunless beef 'n cheddars from Arby's), and we went out to dinner with the in-laws to Chili's (steak and loaded broccoli). I am up .8 this morning after being down .4 yesterday. Hipppity-hoppity, bounce, bounce, bounce.

So far today I've had a very filling egg cream (3 egg yolks, 2 oz cream, 1.5 oz cream cheese, protein powder, coconut oil, and DaVinci's) Lunch may be eggs scrambled with salami and I'm not sure what's for dinner yet. I'm going to try to be on-pan in Florida. No need not to be, really. . .we're staying at the condo, so I can cook whatever I need and keep things I can eat right in the fridge. I'm even bringing my DaVinci's ith me for my morning coffee. The only thing I am planning on having is some NSA ice cream while we're there. There's a really good ice cream place there that makes their own ice cream and we'll do that one day.

I'll try to check back in later, if not, I'll see you guys next weekend!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 AM   #399
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Egg creme query...

Maybe I can locate my blender, a simple on-off blender. Nothing fancy. Might be nice to try this recipe sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommie22boys View Post
So far today I've had a very filling egg cream (3 egg yolks, 2 oz cream, 1.5 oz cream cheese, protein powder, coconut oil, and DaVinci's) Lunch may be eggs scrambled with salami....
Do you save your eggwhites to scramble with whole eggs, after using the yolks in what sounds like a really super-yummy power-packed slurp? I'm thinking how good fresh-grated nutmeg would probably be on a drink like this, possibly with an egg-noggy DaVinci sf syrup flavoring. I do not have that DaVinci flavor, but I imagine there is such a flavor available.

Last edited by Zer; 08-14-2008 at 07:52 AM..
Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Good Morning - been on plan - weighed at 211 so down a little...sounds like everyone is keeping busy...Andrea - have fun in Florida! Aren't the egg creme's great? Whenever I don't know what to eat, I have one...I got lots of recipes, key lime pie, frappacino, egg nog, strawberry, raspberry, etc. Zer..DaVinci does make a egg now sf syrup and is does taste just like egg nog....I started making those when I found out I had a lot of food allergies....2 or 3 eggs, 2 T cream, whip...stevia/splenda, flavoring of choice which I use Chrystal Light, Coffee, or my favorite is a good sf soda, like root beer or sf chocolate..if you want more protein, I add some of my genisoy protein powder (vanilla, as it goes with everything)....if you use orange soda or orage chrystal light, it does taste like a cremecycle...

Everyone have a good day today, and, I do a lot of reading, never miss what you are all saying, don't post as often as I should, as I do love to talk! later, ladies
Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Zer: I don't save my egg whites. Honestly, I get SOOOO many eggs every week, and they're free, that I don't worry about the whites when I only want the yolks. Also, they DO make eggnog flavored DaVinci's. The one I used today was peanut butter along with chocolate flavored protein powder. .. kinda like a Reece's PB cup shake. But I bet if you used vanilla pp and a mild DaVinci's, like vanilla or caramel, even, some nutmeg and/or cinnamon would be great in the blend! And, depending on where you are for the day with your carbs and fat, I have been known to put up to 3 oz of cream cheese in my egg cream. Oh how delicious. . .

The trick with this egg cream is to really blend it well. I don't like getting cream cheese chunks in my drink, NOR do I like coconut oil bits. I've found that if you blend it really well, all those chunks disappear. . .and I put my coconut oil into the blender SOLID, and it's STILL chunk-free when I drink it.

Ok, I HAVE to get busy now!!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone feel that ****** is better than ***********? I tried using both, and come up with differences. What do you think?
duece49424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #403
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was down just 0.2 of a pound this morning. I was hoping for more, but at least it wasn't up. Some of us do bounce a lot don't we? If they had that in the Olympics, I'd have a gold medal!!

Congrats, Lynn....So glad they recognize you for the treasure you are. No news on the position(s) you applied for yet?

Andrea....have a great time in Florida!! We'll miss you. How long will you be gone? Is there a public library anywhere near where you will be? They usually have computers that people can use to check their email, etc. Email yourself the url for the board and then if you see a library, drop in and check in here.

Jane....
Never heard of ***********. I use Lifeform. Check it out at: Life Form

KUTGW.....we CAN do this. Gotta run....

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."

Last edited by Parisfox; 08-14-2008 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-14-2008, 08:50 AM   #404
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
I started making those when I found out I had a lot of food allergies....2 or 3 eggs, 2 T cream, whip...stevia/splenda, flavoring of choice which I use Chrystal Light, Coffee, or my favorite is a good sf soda, like root beer or sf chocolate..if you want more protein, I add some of my genisoy protein powder (vanilla, as it goes with everything)...
Do you use the whole egg or just the yolk? I've got some rootbeer flavoring in the fridge that might just make this into a wonderful rootbeer floaty drink. Yum!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Zer - I use the whole egg - I got the recipe from someone, and I feel the whole egg keeps me fuller longer, I haven't heard about separating the yolk and white, so maybe that is just the users preference. You're right about the root beer, as the sf root beer soda I use too, does make it taste like a float. I don't have the sf flavoring in root beer, but I have egg nog, and I sprinkle with nutmeg and/or cinnamon, yummy. Lots of very good drinks. If you like key lime, I have a recipe I use sf jello mix for my "liquid". Let me know if I can help some more.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Judy - thanks, I'll check it out. Congrats on the scale moving down
Old 08-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Jane...how about posting some of your Egg Creme recipes? I've never made one. Don't you worry about Salmonella when using raw eggs?
Old 08-14-2008, 02:44 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Judy, yes, I do worry about salmonella - but almost got past that after drinking them for about a year. I just don't think about it. Someone told me to make sure you wash the shell, so I do that. There are also several other things you can do if it bothers you. I just make sure, when I blend the eggs and creamy I whip - really good..
Egg Cream Frappaccino (the title makes it taste better, I think!)
2 eggs
4 oz. strong coffee (I like good coffee, ground my beans first and then use a coffee press to brew)
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 teaspoons sugar free syrup (my favorites are caramel and vanilla bean)
a little less than 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, or unsweetened coconut milk, or almond milk (the heavy whipp makes it thicker, but it tastes good with the almond milk too--I personally haven't had trouble losing with the extra cream)
1 handful of ice cubes (4 or 5 cubes)

1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1 egg
3 tbsp heavy cream
splash of black cherry sf syrup (Torani)

..my base is always the same...3 raw eggs, 2 T heavy cream and 2 tsp splenda whipped in my magic bullet until thick and frosty (about 30 seconds)...then I add my flavour which is almost always one of these 3.....cold very strong coffee or diet pop (Dr Pepper and Root Beer are my favourites) or 3rdly and most often I use 1/2 c frozen raspberries and a bit of water....then I whip it again and drink it down....it's a very easy and tasty natural high protein meal replacement....

these are a few I got from some other lc-ers...... I usually do this last one, as I love the chrystal light, and I also have a chocolate/cherry diet soda that's yummy.

I send some more after dinner....
Old 08-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Forgot something - feel free to leave things out and substitute...like I don't do the coconut oil anymore as I'm allergic to coconut; when I'm using Fruit in my diet again, I love the stawberry sf divince, a handful of frozen strawberries, - maybe a scoop of protein powder if I want a little more protein, and it is probably my fav....just not now..need to keep losing..
Old 08-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone!

back Tina!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:38 PM   #411
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for this input on using whole egg. Waste not, want not. As for lime, I do like that flavor. I've been using Stevita fruit flavor powder lately, for water and for yoghurt. Zero carbs, it says, with 1tsp flavoring 32oz. Sure is handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duece49424 View Post
Zer - I use the whole egg.... I feel the whole egg keeps me fuller longer.... I don't have the sf flavoring in root beer, but I have egg nog, and I sprinkle with nutmeg and/or cinnamon, yummy. Lots of very good drinks. If you like key lime, I have a recipe I use sf jello mix for my "liquid". Let me know if I can help some more.
I'm now bent on finding my on/off blender, a simple whizzer. Probably can use my Braun stick to mix up stuff, until I locate that blender, which might be in storage elsewhere and not just stuffed into a box within reach. Haven't seen it for years now.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Zer - I used my Cuisinart stick blender at first and it did not mix the egg and cream good enough for me...I wanted that egg really "whipped". I used my regular big blender for quite a while and someone told me to order on line from Wal Mart "my personal blender"..comes in handy. I paid and ordered online and got an email when it came into the store and I just picked it up...no shipping charges then. The blender really mixes upside down, has a handle, and another screw on top that replaces the one with the blade..like a big cup. I don't use it all the time, but sometimes it's nice to make an egg creme ahead of time and really chill in the frig, or take with me to sip on.

For the lime egg creme use 8 oz warm water and dissolve 1/2 pks sf lime jello....this is how it was recommended for me to do, but now I just make a big pan of jello, and put it in the blender already firmed up - makes the shake thicker ( I just don't use as much water to keep the lime flavor stronger). There are so many options, it is unbelievable. Let me know what you come up with.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #413
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Eggwhites? Make Melle's LC Cheatos!

Quote:
I don't save my egg whites. Honestly, I get SOOOO many eggs every week, and they're free, that I don't worry about the whites when I only want the yolks.
But you COULD whip up a big batch of Melle's LC Cheatos for a protein-fat snack, if you wanted to use up a lot of eggwhites. Just saying....
Old 08-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Zer: I've seen that recipe. . .it sounds tasty, but I've never gotten around to making it. Have you made them? Are they easy to put together?

Well, I just got the boys to bed, but they're so excited that neither of them is asleep yet. I just got a request to find one of their *baby* blankets so he can take it to Grandma's house with us tomorrow. Argh! He couldn't have asked me yesterday? Now I have to go on a hunt. . .and if I don't find it there will surely be tears in the morning. Mommie has to come through.

Paris: Thanks for the idea about the library. . .if I have time one day (maybe when the big boys go out on their fishing day-trip) I may be able to pop in and say hello. Of course, I'll also be posting on how well I'm staying on-plan, too.

Well, gotta go perform a miracle and find that blanket. You'll all just have to wait with breathless anticipation to hear if I find/found it.

Be good, everyone!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #415
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Melle's LC Cheatos...eggwhites & cheese CRUNCHIES!

Quote:
Zer: I've seen that recipe. . .it sounds tasty, but I've never gotten around to making it. Have you made them? Are they easy to put together?
Never made it myself, but Melle says that the crunchy bits stay crunchy in a container she uses on camping trips, so she has something nutritious to crunch on while others are eating snacks. I'm more of a canopener cook than a real cook, so whipping eggwhites to a froth is far beyond anything I've attempted. I can just about boil an egg. That's it.

Someday, maybe, I'll attempt this recipe. Someday....
Old 08-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning...I am down again today. Just sticking to plan and going day by day! All the stress is probably slowing things down some so I am not discouraged. Also, the distraction of the job issue is helping me stay on plan. I am thrilled that I am not reacting by eating through my feelings. I don't think I would be handling the stress as well if I was off plan since I would be eating junk! All-in-all a good thing!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:53 AM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, everyone.....

Jane....thanks for the recipes.

I am DOWN 0.2 of a pound.
I was really expecting a bounce UP. My neighbor brought me 3 homegrown, vine-ripened tomatoes yesterday. I ate one with my grilled Sirloin steak for dinner and then had another one around 7:00pm. Those are the first homegrown tomatoes I've had all year. I LOVE them and wasn't about to turn them down. I have one left for dinner tonight and I'm gonna eat it!! Can you imagine our low-fat/high-carb friends thinking of a tomato as a wonderful treat? SO much healthier than a high-carb dessert.

Have a good weekend....see ya tomorrow!!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning to ALL! Judy - your welcome for the recipes..I've collected them for a while now - be creative and let me know if you come up with a good one!
Lynn - nice to see the scale going down for you, but I certainly know what stress does to our bodies...sounds like you have it under control.

As for me, I'm down a little this morning...210.5; started out the week at 214.5.

It is very funny when you think about the tomatoes - I have them in my garden and I have been giving most of them away....after my strict week this past week, I'm going to start adding a few things back in and see what happens. I love a good BLT on a revolution roll...

Have a good day ladies!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Jane and congrats on your loss!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #420

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
This week has definitly not been a good M/E week. I just couldn't get into it.
I missed my veggies.. I haven't eaten alot of veggies though. Just some salad and asparagus.. nothing else carb wise though. No frankenfoods, no eggcreams, no fruit. Maybe I will give it a try again next week. I don't want to restrict myself too bad because I don't want to go on a binge. It kind of scared me when I was craving the cake the other day! I wanted a piece SOOO bad! I decided to add in veggies for a while and I haven't had a craving like that again..yet.
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote