Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #361
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Adventures in shelf protein...and sea vegies (nori)...

Opened my first can of Trader Joe's Roast Beast and found chunks of Brazilian beast in beast broth, a bit fibrous and not appealing (to this wary non-carnivore), so I added some Mrs.Dash Chipotle seasoning and a sheet of nori snipped into 'noodles' and a bran-rye flatbread to the shredded meat, to soak up broth. Considered using whizBANG Braun chopper to reduce the texture further, as chewing is not proving an efficient way of processing this protein, but am trying to chew it up myself as I fork 12oz of protein into me. Interesting. Spicy. I see that my nori is a 2003 purchase, now aged 5yrs in its wrapper with dehydrator packet inside it. Nori, a sea vegetable, pressed flat as paper, with perforations for making sushi rolls. Looks like a carb a sheet for a pleasant-tasting vegie. I think I like it. Maybe. Yes, I do. It is quite moist after mixing it into the shredded beef and broth. Very nice!

The meat's texture is challenging for me, but I like the spicy flavor that Mrs.Dash Chipotle brings to Brazilian beast. Am forking protein into me as I write this, wishing I could wrap it all in corn tortillas for a carby wrapper to conceal the protein - alas, I'd easily 'do' a full pkg of TJ's fresh corn tortillas as wrappers for this meat! But no. I am working my jaws and thinking what my cells will do with all this beefy protein, once I masticate it sufficiently to swallow and allow it to digest. (chew chew chew)

Sorry if my approach to meat is odd, as texture is a BIG DEAL for me. I am finding this meat very chewy, even after I shredded the small chunks up. It is more meaty, less processed, than a lot of canned meats I've eaten. Maybe that's a good thing. Chewing. I know chewing is good. It releases saliva and helps digestion. I'll try to think of that as a positive. I was expecting canned meat to be something a little softer, I think. This is fine. Meaty. Just happens I'm not really big on eating flesh that is not ground up fine, as are my Carl's burger patties. I grew up eating ground meat and fish sticks and wieners and am not well prepared to meet actual meat or actual fish that is not processed a lot and that has texture to it.

This really is fine. Don't let my Aspie pickiness about texture put you off. The meat is sturdy enough to be skewered, as the label suggests. It's real meat! Not mystery meat. It's definitely meaty. And it's a good shelf protein for the likes of me, who is better with a canopener than a roasting pan!
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 04:03 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
You are too funny Zer. I am so jealous about the TJs. I grew up in San Diego with regular TJ visits. They are building one only 30 minutes from here...the closest now is an hour each way. KUTGW!

Holding today. I am the boss at work today and by the cool, soft rain outside I take it will be a good day. I love this weather and so does the garden.

Have a great day all!
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:09 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]awww chuck! [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Lynn[/COLOR]! You always win! I thought I was up earlier than anyone else!
I ENVY your early rising habits! I'm trying to put my life on schedule, since I'll start my new job this Wednesday and I have to get up early everyday, so I started today that way it won't be so bad come Wednesday.

But as you all can see, we ALL have something that others admire, just to mention a few [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Lynn's[/COLOR] early rising, [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Zer's[/COLOR] contemplations, [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Brownewye's[/COLOR] dicipline and sweetness, [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Andrea's[/COLOR] sense of humor (she always cracks ME up) [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Paris's[/COLOR] recipes, [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Sails'[/COLOR] style and encouragement and the list goes on, sorry if I don't mention everyone, but I assure you there's always something I like about you and that's why I keep coming back everyday.. As a matter of fact I open this page before reading the news! You ladies are THE BEST.

As for me, I didn't eat a lot yesterday I think I didn't even make it to 1,000 calories, and I exercised too much, so I wasn't surprised I gained 0.3 of a pound. Will eat more today and the scale will budge, just normal fluctuations, no biggie (I hope!)

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Sails[/COLOR] and [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Duece:[/COLOR] I don't fix six meals, I simply divide the one's I do cook, and although is a lot more expensive and not very smart budget wise I tend to buy precooked frozen meals, like Grilled chicken breasts, grilled turkey burgers, marinated tilapia or salmon fillets, low fat turkey hot dogs, etc....ALL of them microwavable! LOL I'm not a fan of the kitchen either, so there you have my confession! lol
When I do cook, I divide that meal for my family and 2 servings through the day for me...
That's how I get to six meals, not really snacks, the only "snacks" are a cup of chinese ginger tea w/ teaspoon creamer, or a cup of white tea or a cup of coffee.

You girls are going to laugh but I cook my eggs in the microwave!!! lol
I have a bunch of plastic things, one for scrambled eggs, one for poached, and one for sunny eggs! lol

Anyways...I make my life easier, even if I eat boring food...

Will see you all later! Another one of my looong posts...although you ladies must be used to them already!

Take care!

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Good Morning ladies!

[COLOR="Navy"]Good morning Angie, Lynn and all you other lovely ladies! Looks like a great day to start strict m/e.....I am up for the challenge to say the least!

I talked with a friend yesterday and she said she heard on the radio that eggs are the way to go as far as dieting. She is going to give the m/e a try as of today! I am meeting her for lunch and we are going to have some sort of meat. I plan on cooking a bunch of boneless chicken breast for dinner the rest of the week, that will do me. Of course I weighed this morning and was less then thrilled, Tom will be here any day now, but I refuse to use that as an excuse.....I am holding me accountable it is that simple!

After lunch today I will go spend a couple of hours in the classroom to get it ready, the teacher I work with had surgery on her knee which isn't going to allow her to do too much.....that is where I come in!

I haven't exercised in some time so I will head to the park and walk....busy, busy day!

I wish each of you a week full of smiles! Take care one and all! As always, be happy and keep smiling!

Check this out ladies.......The daily meditation for the day!Daily Inspiration for Women[/COLOR]

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning.
– Lao-Tzu
"Don't allow YESTERDAY to take up too much of TODAY!!"

Starting Date June 4th,2007 @ 195-, 156,155,154,153,152,151,150,149,148,147,146
145,144,143, 142,141,...125,

Last edited by Browneyez; 08-11-2008 at 05:30 AM..
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Morning, all you early risers!! I have been staying up a little later at night, so early rising isn't really on my to-do list lately.

No weigh-in yet this morning. . .I was roused from my bed by two DS's who were having trouble setting up the Wii. Mommie to the rescue. . .So, since I was right here by the 'puter, I thought I'd check in. Angie, I'm with you. . .I check in here FIRST to see what you all are up to.

I need to go make the boys breakfast, but I'll BBL to fill you in on my weigh-in results. I know you're all breathless with aniticipation.

Laters!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #366
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
Good morning ladies,
A new week, a new start for me . I too open this site up first thing in the morning..it's like my morning coffee..it gets me up and started for the day. You are all so motivating and encouraging. Glad to be able to come here for support. Didn't weigh today..TOM is approaching and after my not so good (eating-wise) w/e I decided to not mentally go there. But did exercise to get my energy level up and moving.

Have a good day everyone and wcbl...
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #367
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Good Morning to All - I've been up for a while, and faced the scale this morning, for my challenge of the next 5 days of m/e. Printed the first page of this thread and taped it to my frig - yikes...weighed in at 213.5...at least I'm still down from when I started the induction in July.. I am going to use this as my support and inspiration in losing this weight.... I will post and not just read.....I have night time binges that I need to "fix"...I will post on ****** to journal and be accountable....that's my start for now!

Have a great day everyone...later, ladies...
Old 08-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Hello Everyone.....Thank you all for sharing your six meal plan.....Eigna, sometimes I don't know how my husband has been married to me for 16 years, because I am so like you...I microwave just about everything and have all of the kitchen gadgets - LOL......Well, I'm going to be dropping off the board temporarily, because we will be getting on the road to start our summer vaction.....Our first stop will be Minnesota to see family and then our next stop will be the "Windy City" to visit more family.....I will be bouncing in and out online, but I will try to post a few times during the next couple of weeks, but you all will be close to my heart.....If you remember, please keep us in prayer as we travel over the roads and highways and I'm seeking guidance to make healthy food choices during our vacation.......Remember that I will be praying that you all have lots of success in reaching your goals.

Last edited by sails92; 08-11-2008 at 07:26 AM..
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #369
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a safe trip and a safe return - safe from road hazards and from carby stuff offered on the road and by family and friends who are still eating carbs!

Remember what my local Carl's manager told me, that it is less expensive to build your own bunless burger by starting with an order of one or two 1/4# meat patties and adding what you like to come on a plate or bowl with fork and knife. I like to add a spicy cheese like pepper-jack to my double patties, for a half# of meaty forkable enjoyment. She said to ask for onions and tomatoes "on the side" if I want to avoid being handed a bunless burger wrapped in lettuce leaves and soggy paper with meat juices that run down my wrists. Ugh!

Last edited by Zer; 08-11-2008 at 08:50 AM..
Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
Good morning...I think I have joined Andrea's club. For no apparent reason I am UP 2.4 lbs!!
I ate more than normal yesterday (all on-plan foods except for a 2" slice of cantaloupe)....and I KNOW a small slice of cantaloupe is NOT that fattening. I didn't have enough water either so I figure it is water weight, but sheesh...2.4 lbs!!!

Jane....

Kim...the advice you gave Jane in post #350 is SO right on. You have done a wonderful job and when you do it for yourself, it's so much better, and more likely to remain permanent. I'd love to see some of your menus from when you lost the 60 lb.

Marilyn....Glad you liked the pancakes. They are amazing, aren't they? They make really good waffles too. And they don't taste like pork rinds at all, do they? I'll keep you and your family in my daily prayers for safe travel and good food choices.

Lynn...you are lucky to have a TJ's even an hour away. There isn't one in the whole State of NE. The closest ones to me are in Illinois or Eastern Missouri. Now, THAT'S far away!! Went to one the last time I was in AZ and I LOVE them. I wish we had one here, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer View Post
Remember what my local Carl's manager told me, that it is less expensive to build your own bunless burger by starting with an order of one or two 1/4# meat patties and adding what you like to come on a plate or bowl with fork and knife. I like to add a spicy cheese like pepper-jack to my double patties, for a half# of meaty forkable enjoyment. She said to ask for onions and tomatoes "on the side" if I want to avoid being handed a bunless burger wrapped in lettuce leaves and soggy paper with meat juices that run down my wrists. Ugh!
Zer...that's excellent advice.

Have a good day, everyone....gotta run...see ya tomorrow!!

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Happy Tuesday!

[COLOR="Navy"]Good Tuesday morning ladies! Sure is quiet in here!

I am down 8/10ths of a pound which isn't too bad considering Tom came for a visit this morning. I stayed strict yesterday and I saw a loss. I am hoping after 4 full days of this I will see an even better loss! I will head to the park shortly and get my walking done, as every little bit helps!

I went to school yesterday and helped. I still can't believe the summer is almost over.....before we know it the holidays will be here and the snow will be flying! ICK!!!!!

I wish you all a wonderful day! Take care one and all and as always be happy and keep smiling! [/COLOR]
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #372

Good morning ladies,

Doing a quick drive-by..at work and have a busy morning. Congrats to those losing!! Every ounce counts . Still on plan!!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #373
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning Ladies:

I'm happy this morning because I dropped a whole pound! I was dropping nicely these past 3 days but then yesterday I gained those 0.3lbs and was afraid it was happening again! I just ate a little more than Sunday and that apparently was it.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Duece: [/COLOR]I have a terrible fight with afternoon/evening cravings, it just feels like I'm not me, and I cannot control myself like the rest of the day. But we CAN do it, it's just a little harder during that time. If you set up your mind that no food after 7pm or 8 or whatever suits you best, it helps, also drinks LOTS of water or crystal light, and tea also helps! We'll be more than happy to have you posting here, since it does tend to get a little slow sometimes.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Marilyn: [/COLOR]Have fun! you and your family will be in my prayers.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Paris:[/COLOR] Sorry about the gain, probably a whoosh coming, at least that's what usually happens...

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Zer:[/COLOR] Ohh...you're the voice of temptation mentioning Carl Jr.s! You make my mouth water! I think I'll "treat"myself to it this weekend.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Browneyes:[/COLOR] Congrats on the loss! I too feel like the year went by flying! but I love Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas! so I can't wait! On the other hand, I'm very afraid of driving in the snow even with snow tires....

Everyone, I'll try to check back later, I have LOTS of things to do today as well, K.U.T.G.W.! We can do this!

[/COLOR]
Old 08-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #374
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Shari: [/COLOR]We were posting at the same time, Hi! Hope you're feeling good and have a nice day at work!

[/COLOR]
Old 08-12-2008, 08:09 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tomswife
Stats: 251/240/120
Start Date: June 2008
Question for you all that are doing strictly meat and eggs. Do you add any fat during the day? Or is the fat in the meat and eggs enough fat?
tomswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning to all - I stuck to the m/e yesterday, and weighed today and was up 1 pound. I usually don't weigh myself everyday, cause I don't want to get disappointed, so not sure of the problem....I re-read the first page and it said I could have Crystal Light, or ice tea, and I thought maybe I drank too much of that, but, we'll see...I'm sticking with this until Friday and giving it a chance.
Kim - thanks again and congrats on your loss....we need to see some of your menus!
Angie - thanks to you too, as it was so hard getting through last night as my first night not getting up, after I fell asleep and wanting to eat anything in sight! An awful thing to have to admit to, but I'm sure it has contributed to my weight gain. I will keep drinking....
duece49424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #377

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
Morning girls.. I am down another .2 pounds.. those .2s really like me. I so wanted to eat a piece of cake last night, but I didn't cave. All night I dreamt of eating all kinds of sugary foods. I just knew I would gain weight from that dream, but I didn't! Hope all is well with all of you. Keep on losing!
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #378
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

How well I remember waking up in a panic, fearful that I had actually eaten a carby temptation, only to realize that it was a dream - with no crumbs in bed as evidence that I'd actually FORGOTTEN myself and had a mouthful of any carb that menaced me in my dreams. Been a while. Lately I lust for Carl's juicy qtr# patties, if you can imagine craving beef as a treat! What a change in me!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eigna View Post
[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Shari: [/COLOR]We were posting at the same time, Hi! Hope you're feeling good and have a nice day at work!

[/COLOR]
Hi Eigna~ thanks. I'm better than I was but still stressed. I'm choosing to not use food as my source of comfort now. That's why I keep peeping in here. You all help me more than I can keep saying...take care .
Old 08-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Ok, I was up .8 yesterday, and this morning my weight is holding. Frustrating when I keep seeing that medium purple on the ketostix. . . Today I started with an egg cream. It was quite filling. Lunch will be a cheeseburger patty (homemade. . .no Carl's Jr. here, Zer). Not sure about dinner, yet.

I'm trying to get organized for Florida. . .getting all the laundry done, cleaning the house, starting to pack. I bought our Busch Gardens tickets online this morning. Woot! Busy, busy, busy. . .

WCBL. . .

Florida countdown: 3 days
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:56 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Tom'swife: [/COLOR]I have been doing it since Thursday with virtually NO fat, I compensate for the calorie deficit by eating 6 SMALL meals and some snacks, but I'm telling you, even like that it's WAAAY too hard, because fat makes you feel full. I get hunger pangs even right after eating, and I think it's because of that. I'm just doing it for a couple of days to break a stall, so far 4 pounds lost since Thursday, but I'll be eating fats during weekends and reincorporating them to my daily menu in a week or 2.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Duece:[/COLOR] I usually sleep all thru the night, BUT if a fall asleep for 15 minutes or so during the day, I wake up feeling I want to eat the whole house! It's something indescribable and sometimes uncontrollable. If drink a coffee with a little extra splenda or some syrup and wait around 15 minutes, I'm alright. You probably should try keeping some sugar free jello or a 1 minute muffin (add s/f jam) in your fridge just in case..

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Shari:[/COLOR] I took some natural pills called B-Stress and they did help A LOT, I THINK they contain Valerian root and kava-kava, but you could drink some valerian tea, it ALWAYS helps. And you could have it as a treat adding something you like, cinnamon or ginger for instance...just my 0.02...

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Kandi[/COLOR] and [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Zer: [/COLOR] I've had the EXACT same thing happen to me! lol and then I felt so guilty and was CONVINCED it would show up on my scale...and sometimes I did gain a little, but I'm not sure if those were just coincidences...

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Andrea: [/COLOR]Don't get frustrated or discouraged. During the trip, weight will be the last thing on your mind. Once you come back it'll still be there and maybe then you could try something new to shock that metabolism...

Will check back later, still have lots of laundry to do!

[/COLOR]
Old 08-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon,

The 2.4 lbs that showed up yesterday morning for no apparent reason, disappeared overnight. Again, for no apparent reason. I sure hope they stay wherever they went and never come back!!

Got my hair cut this morning. I let it get way too long since the last cut. Was too warm. Now it's short again. Hey....maybe that will cause another loss!! Only kidding. If it was that easy, I'd shave my head.

Not much time right now...so this will be short, just wanted to check in. KUTGW....see ya.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:33 AM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning all. For some reason I am up today. I am not letting it bother me. Just going to stay on plan!

Have a great day.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 AM   #384

Good morning ladies,

Still on plan. TOM is kicking my butt!! Have low energy for now..don't feel like exercising. Hopefully, will feel like getting back into it tomorrow. Have a good day everyone!!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #385

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
I am up .2 pounds today.. I am not surprised because we went out to dinner yesterday and I ate peanuts and salad and steak.. Lots of salt there.
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning...I was DOWN 0.6 of a pound this morning.

Those unexplained bounces UP are so irritating....but don't let them get you down. Heaven knows I've had my share of them. Hang in there, stay on plan, and you will be sliding down again soon.

My horoscope for today speaks to us all:

Capricorn
The thing that will give you the greatest sense of accomplishment today won't involve you winning a competition or attaining a goal -- it will involve you adhering to a new set of restrictions you've given yourself. By building your self discipline, you are building your confidence. Every time you say 'no' to a bad habit or say 'yes' to something that is healthy but not a lot of fun, you are doing yourself a great favor. Keep up with all of your good work!

I'm having a shake for lunch; chicken and a salad for dinner. Should be a good day.

See ya all later....
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Angie - thanks, I'll try the sf jello next time..trying to stay away from cream for a few days, but, I do think that would help.

Weighed today and I'm 213, so the pound I gained is gone...
B - scrambled eggs
L - chicken
D - beef roast
S - jello and hb egg
this is my plan for the day, and we'll see what the scale says tomorrow..hopefully the craving monster doesn't show up tonight. I'm not even hungry when this happens to me!
Have a good day, ladies..
duece49424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tina0011
Stats: 217/165/ 176/160/155
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: oct 2006
Hey ladys hows it going.Had a good time in Costa Rica just ate way to much so here I am again fighting to get it off I am going to try and not weigh for at least 3 days.Hope everyone is doing good.I see alot of new faces good place to be is here.Lots of support.Well take care everyone and will see yall tomorrow.
Tina
tina0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All. I have been having an interesting day here at work. I have had 3 separate, unsolicited incidents of people commenting on how good I look and how much weight I have lost. It has only been a week and a half and they can already tell! Pretty cool. Also, I was approached by someone here who works for a different clinic, but told me today that she is friends with one of the people who interviewed me and that before the interviews even happened, she called her to tell her all about me. Since I have never worked with that interviewer and she doesn't know me, this person took it upon herself to rave about me and how perfect I would be for the position and the clinic. I was stunned and so grateful. I had no idea she had done it and that she did it before the interview is a huge compliment. I am still trying not to get too confident and will wait for a decision to be announced. I also know that another person here wrote an email to the Director of Health Services (another interviewer) telling him that I would be great in the position and listed my strengths to him on my behalf. I didn't even ask anyone to do that so it means even more that they did. Fingers are still crossed and, of course I will let you all know when I hear something.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I WILL DO THIS AND CHANGE MY LIFE!!

Highest ever: 316
Size 24/26

restart: 15Jun10
Jan 1, 2011 Size 20 and still losing!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina....glad you had a good time.... back. We missed you. Any pictures??

Lynn....that's wonderful. My fingers are still crossed too!!
If by chance you don't get the position, at least you KNOW you are appreciated where you work. That alone is consolation....but, if they have any brains, they will select you. Good luck.