Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Good morning....I had a REALLY good time at Sheri's last night. I am UP 0.8 of a pound and it was worth every ounce.
Am back on plan today so it will be gone soon.

Zer...
your dreams can also be called positive thinking. Keep those positive thoughts going. They will help.

Hang in there Shari, Andrea, and Marilyn....
this WOE does work. Are you drinking enough water? That's where I fail most often. You should be drinking 1/2 an ounce for every pound you weigh. Cheese stalls me and makes me gain. You might want to cut that out of your WOE for awhile and see if that helps.

Lynn....keep hanging in there. We CAN do this. Cooking stuff that smells good and invades your neighbor's air space should be illegal.
There are laws to protect people from second-hand smoke, maybe we need a food-smell law to protect us.

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning Everyone:

My scale finally moved in the right direction! I swear to you, If I saw a gain for the third consecutive day, I would've cried! I'm down 2 entire pounds, but these past 2 days I had gained a pound each for no apparent reason except the supposedly sugar free chocolate Ice cream bars..I gave those away to avoid temptation..
The only new thing I did yesterday was cut down a little on the fat.. Still was able to make it to 1500 cals, I don't want to starve myself like with *******...and I ate like 6 small meals thru the day...
I'll try to do the same today and see if the whoosh fairy comes tonight as wells!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Andrea:[/COLOR] Hang in there...MAAYYYBE we were eating too much fat? That's what I'm suspecting happened to me...but I'll have to keep up my experiment for a few days to see if that was it...

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Paris:[/COLOR] Glad you had a great night!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Lynn: [/COLOR]The times I've craved pancakes, just so I don't feel so bad, I make myself a 1 minute muffin spread over a plate and add butter and sugar free honey syrup...at least helps with the cravings, although I'm not sure if it may stall you. Hope you were able to avoid temptation!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Sails:[/COLOR] Glad to see you posting again, congrats on the loss, Why couldn't it be this weekend? if you keep at it, it's very possible....or this week at least!
Just don't give up!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Shari: [/COLOR]Just hop on back! and don't weight the first couple of days so you don't suffer!

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Zer: [/COLOR]The same goes to you, just keep at it, don't throw your towel, it's better to keep on trying, than to give up and fail...In 6 months you can do A LOT. I lost those 40 pounds in 6 months, and you could lose even more because of higher caloric needs.

Everyone else I'm missing, a big hug, you all know weekends can be very hard, but if we keep it in the back of our minds that we don't want to be frustrated this Monday, we can stay in track; if not, we're all going to be disappointed at the end of this month, (as we're always) and start committing and deluding ourselves once more that the next is going to be it.

See you all later!

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Thanks Angie and on the loss! No pancakes for me...had bacon.
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 19 days - Not my lifetime woe!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Hanging in There!

Hey guys,

I am still in this thing. I have had a few set backs, one being TTOTM and I refuse to get on the evil scale. Aunt Flo must go and along with it the awful chocolate cravings. I caved in 3 days ago and let's just say ate a few things that I shouldn't have. I know I have reeked havoc on myself but I refuse to give up the fight. I know I should have made some of those chocolate kisses that someone posted about and that would have been better. Oh well, that was a few days ago and I am back on plan and warding off any and all cravings. I hope everyone else is doing ok and if you have fallen off just get right back on. We can beat this! A few more days of TTOTM left so wish me success to stay the course!

~*~*Maggie~*~*
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #335
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnp View Post
I am fighting cravings like mad this morning. Someone in the neighborhood is making pancakes and my house is full with the smell of pancakes and maple syrup. I think I smell breakfast sausage too! Grrrr.
Relax. A friend of mine whips up a batch of LC pancakes that you can enjoy without losing ground on your LC program! Ready? Enjoy!
Quote:
Sunshine's LC Pancakes
Soften 2oz cream cheese 30sec in microwave.
Stir in 2 eggs and cook up, as is, on a hot buttery skillet.
~OR~
Add a splash of DaVinci sf maple, a spoonful of flaxmeal, a scoop of vanilla WPP and then cook up some fragile pancakes to top with melted butter mixed with DaVinci sf maple flavoring.
Sunshine in Vegas is barely 5ft tall and has taken off a LOT of weight that she keeps off by eating LC snax all day long.

Imagine how great the house will smell with some fresh ginger or even ginger spice added to the pancake mixture! Cinnamon? Sure! Both are thermogenic, rev up metabolism!

Last edited by Zer; 08-09-2008 at 09:52 AM..
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #336

Gallery: Jean@125
Stats: 166/150.8/ ? 5'2
WOE: hanging on for dear life
Hi everyone,
As I posted a few days ago I am doing mostly meat and egg with the exception of allowing myself one atkins coconut bar and a sugar free iced coffee as an evening snack each day.
I have lost 10 pounds in 11 days doing this so far. I eat high fat meats for the most part and the eggs vary from 1-4 a day usually around 2. I also take cod liver oil for the extra vitamins. Today I got TOM and only went up .5 a pound! I really like this woe so far, with regular low carb I would stall out easily or bounce up and down the same couple of pounds.

I do want to point out as I have seen others post that in these past eleven days I have seen the scale go up as much as a pound but then it would drop down to a new low in the next couple of days. Except of course today with TOM. But even with TOM I was down in inches today. I know it is said that we can do this long term without damaging our health. I don't know that I am totally convinced that I don't need veggies but I like the effects so far. I have lots of energy for the most part and practically no PMS this month! Jeanie

Last edited by Jean@125; 08-09-2008 at 10:13 AM..
Jean@125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #337
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, I really crave HB eggs today. Time to mix up today's tunafish for noshing on as I do 15:15 with my LCFriends' playgroup - every wknd lately. What fun!

I've been making a pound or so of canned fish up with onions for CRUNCH and olive oil as dressing. Mrs.Dash seasoning livens up the fish for me. Yum! No mayo. I'm learning that fish on its own is all right, as long as I eat a little at a time. Thus I play out my pound of fish for a few hours of LC protein. Yum!
Old 08-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Zer!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Quote:
Thanks Angie and on the loss! No pancakes for me...had bacon.
Lynn...If you are craving pancakes, try these. You won't believe how good they are.

[color=darkred]Don't be turned off by the pork rinds. You CANNOT tell that's what's in them.[/color]

Wonder Waffles--or Pancakes 1-serving....(2 servings in parentheses)

2 large eggs (4)
1 Tbls. heavy cream (2)
1 Tbls. water (2)
.5 Tsp. vanilla extract (1)
1 Pkt. Splenda (2)
1/8 Tsp. ground cinnamon (1/4)
1 Tbls. melted butter (2)
1 to 1-1/2 ounces (measured by weight) of crushed pork rinds (2 or 3)

I used my food processor to get the pork rinds down to a fine, almost powdery consistency.

Beat the eggs then add the cream, water, and vanilla extract and beat some more. Mix the Splenda with the cinnamon and then sprinkle on the eggs. (Mixing the cinnamon with the Splenda before adding to the eggs helps to keep the cinnamon from clumping up as much.) When well blended mix in the ground pork rinds.

For Waffles:
Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes until it thickens. Then stir and check the consistency. It should be quite thick, but not too thick to spoon easily. If too thick, add a little water. If too thin, add a little bit more pork rinds. Just before you're ready to put into waffle iron, stir in the melted butter.

I have a "Belgian Waffle" baker and it makes two waffles at a time -- each about 4X4 inches. I brushed the top and bottom of the waffle baker with melted butter, then I spooned about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of batter on each side of the bottom half of the baker and used a spoon to spread the batter out a little. Then I closed the top of the waffle baker. It took about 5 or 6 minutes to bake the two waffles. With the recipe doubled, I had enough batter to make a total of four waffles, each about 4X4 inches.

If you have a "big" waffle iron, you will probably make just two with the doubled amount of batter. These waffles firmed up and browned just like "real" waffles.

I served them with sugar free maple syrup and more butter (of course!)

With a couple of strips of bacon, this is an awesome breakfast -- at about 2-1/2 carbs per waffle - including the syrup! Without the syrup (mine has about 4 carbs per 1/4 cup), the carb count would be about 1-1/2 carbs per waffle.

If any of you live in the south and have ever eaten at the Waffle House restaurant, they have a specialty pecan waffle. I think this recipe would be absolutely incredible with 1/2 cup of chopped pecans added to the batter. And the pecans would only add about 1-1/2 effective carbs to each waffle. Still quite a carb bargain!

For Pancakes: just add more water a little at a time after it rests until you have the consistency for pancakes.
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Judy...may have to try one of these recipes.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:20 PM   #341
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Thanks for the support!! I really need it now. What also helped is how well LC melts your body. I've been struggling with gaining and losing the same 9lbs for mths now but I met with some friend this afternoon and they remarked how I must have lost weight..and how much smaller I look. It helped me to see that I need to be happy with inches lost vs. only focusing on the numbers shown by the scale.
Have to try that recipe Judy..looks good.
Wow, Jean..that's great!! KUTGW!!
Eigna..I'm going to stay away from the scale for awhile...and TOM is coming soon too.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Inches are the goal Shari! That is the best part about m/e...even when the scale isn't moving, the inches are melting.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #343

Quote:
Inches are the goal Shari! That is the best part about m/e...even when the scale isn't moving, the inches are melting.
Exactly!!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Evening, everyone! Well, I appreciate your support as always, guys.

Paris: I know what you mean about cheese, but yesterday was the most cheese I've eaten in a long time. . .most days I've been having an ounce or less. Water has been pretty consistent. So. . . This is why I'm confused.

Angie: I'm not sure that I'm ready to point the finger at fat. In all the reading I've been doing, it seems to be pretty essential for good health, AND I initially lost very quickly with it. I think I need to be better about tracking it, though, to know where my numbers are. I really cant stand having to obsess about everything I eat and then running to the computer to input it into ****** to check where I am, ya know?

I absolutely DEFY my scale to show an increase tomorrow!!!!! Wanna know why? Because here's my menu:

B: coffee w/ hc and 1-egg egg salad
L: 1-egg egg salad
S: 3, yes 3, macadamia nuts and 1/3 ounce uncured hard salami
D: Birthday party at my sister's. The menu was prime rib, sweet corn, salt potatoes, devilled eggs (which she ended up not even making ), bread/butter, chips, and a cheese/pepp tray with crackers. Of course there was cake and ice cream. What did I eat?!? One and a half pieces of prime rib with butter on top (and, yep, I ate the fat), 5 small pieces of cheese (maybe an ounce total), and 3 thin slices of pepperoni. I drank diet soda and water all day.
S: vanilla almond tea with hc

I think if I show an increase tomorrow I may have to re-evaluate my whole life. I mean, come on. . .where are the carbs in that menu?!? My dang ketostix have been showing moderate ketosis for DAYS. . .there is no friggin way I am gaining weight!!!!!!

<sigh>

I love you guys. . .sorry about the b*tch-fest.

Florida countdown: 6 days.

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy

Last edited by Mommie22boys; 08-09-2008 at 07:22 PM..
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:24 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Happy Sunday!

[COLOR="Navy"]Good Sunday morning ladies!

I have found myself not exacty staying on plan and have come to the conclusion I am only hurting me. I have not been on the scale in almost a week which loses my accoutability I am starting strict m/e tomorrow for 4 days and hopefully can jump start the losing process again. I am so disappointed in myself as I set a goal of 125 at the beginning of the summer and have not put my heart and soul into it as I did this time last year! I need to get back on track and push myself as I am the only one that can do it!

On a better note, I was bored yesterday and decided to make my dad some brownies complete with chocolate frosting.......no licks for me.....I do have the will power I just need to focus on my goals and be done with it once and for all. I can taste 125 and I am going to get there if it is the last thing I do!

I have to face the ex on Friday in court for the grounds hearing.....I am already dreading it. I haven't had to deal with him since the beginning of June and it has been quite nice. My lawyer says it will only be 15 minutes but those very 15 minutes will seem like a lifetime! I will be glad when it is over with! As someone told me you can't put a price tag on freedom, let alone happiness!

Hugs to all that are struggling......the scale WILL move, just don't give up! This is something we will have to do the rest of our lives. I was fat for 44 years and I can guarantee you all I won't ever go back as I know how I felt and I know how I feel today! Thin is where it is at and together ladies we can SUCCEED!

Have a great week one and all, enjoy your Sunday! As always, be happy and keep smiling![/COLOR]

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning.
– Lao-Tzu
"Don't allow YESTERDAY to take up too much of TODAY!!"

Starting Date June 4th,2007 @ 195-, 156,155,154,153,152,151,150,149,148,147,146
145,144,143, 142,141,...125,
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Andrea and Kim!

Morning all. Slept in until 7am today. Did some chores and about to head to Walmart for household staple items. Need to work on my resume cover letter so I can apply for the case manager job tomorrow. Would really love to hear some decision on the boss job, but will just have to wait for that.

Have a great day all.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:29 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: duece49424
Stats: 230 start 3/16/10..lifetime goal 150
WOE: low carb/healthylifestyle - struggling with binges
Kim - I remember you from a long time ago...when I tried to start LC, but had too many obstacles at the time. I have tried to restart several times, and have some good days, but usually end up having a downfall sometime during the evening hours. I lay in bed, and want something to eat, and tell myself "NO", but then get up late and binge on something. Thought I had it figured out, but then it came back. My point being, when you started you were the same weight that I was, you have done a great job, to say the least, and I have just taken off only 10 pounds. You have done what I wish I could have done and I don't know what's wrong with me. Could you post some of your daily menus? I have been trying to do mostly meat and eggs, back into the 72 version of atkins, 5 carbs or less, which means, not much veggies.

It sounds like you also have much anxiety as to your ex and court coming up. I don't have that, but I do know that stress plays a big role in my eating. In short, my husband died, my dad died, my dog died, my son, 24, lives with me and has mild cerebral palsy, I just lost my job, helped my daughter move to florida last week so she can finish her master degree there (I live in MI), and I am in the middle of decluttering my house as I just put it up for sale. I cannot let these things get me down, it is just an excuse for eating mindlessly. How do we get past this - especially when I do good all day long??

Sorry to have rambled, but I am frustrated, but at the same time, I want to let you know, that I admire your efforts and your accomplishments. I need help....
Old 08-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #348

Good morning ladies,
Jane~wow, you've definitely gone through a lot. Emotional eating is a battle that most of us know about and struggle with. You've come to the right place for support.

Ok, on the straight and narrow as of today. Plan to do strict M/E from here on out!!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:55 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Hugs to you Jane

[COLOR="Navy"]Welcome back Jane.....and I do remember you from days past!

I am sorry to hear of all your troubles......unfortunately food is only going to add to them. YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR YOU! I guess this time last year I came to the conclusion I was not going to be fat as well as miserable. Mind you my marriage was falling apart and I decided I would focus my efforts on me as I could not fix my marriage. I put my heart and soul into it and accomplished something for the first time in my life on my own.....QUIT was NOT in my vocabulary. If anything looking back I think God was preparing me for this divorce as I know for a fact if I was 200 pounds today I would have never gotten out. I am a different person because of that and people perceive me all together different. I would be the first to admit it wasn't easy, but I hung in there and for the most part it paid off. Since I have left my husband I see life thru different eyes.....positive eyes, as I can't remember when I was this happy! I am out from underneath a bad marriage, I am away from the drama, as well as the mental torture I grew accustomed to.....life is good and I know for a fact it will only get better!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life......you need to concentrate on you and what will make YOU happy. I know for a fact if I am not happy, then no one around me is happy!

The ladies here have been my moral support and I could have never pulled the weight loss off had it not been for them. You are in the right place and we are here to cheer you on every step of the way!

Stick with the meat and eggs for 5 days and see what happens. Once you start losing there is no end to what you can accomplish. It took me almost a year to lose the 60 and I know it was to my advanatage to lose it slowly.

Jane-Believe in yourself and the sky is the limit! I will look back in my ****** a year ago and give you menus.....I am here for you and know you can do this!

Take care of yourself Jane and know better days lie ahead![/COLOR]
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #350

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
I am down .2 pounds today. My menu yesterday is as follows:

B-egg cream
L-lettuce wrapped 6 dollar burger
S-1/2 of a new york steak and green beans made with onion and bacon
I also munched on about 15 almonds

Hugs to all of you on here going thru a rough time.. Makes me sad. But, if we never go thru the sad times in our life, we will never truly know happiness. Things will get better!
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #351
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Weight is up today. Ate too much yesterday. Calories almost 1,000 over my BMR:2423cals, as I added 8oz of cream cheese to 18oz tunafish for my day's protein - and added 800cals and 8gCarb that I might have managed without. But golly was it good. Lots of olive oil in that tunafish, so it was a fat-rich day for me! And I am up in pounds this morning: 395.6 - from 394.2 Fri8/8. No cream cheese for me, for a few days. More fish. Out of eggs, so no eggs to cook up for snacks. I'll do more tuna in olive oil, probably. Or sardines.

I am having more luck eating more protein when I fix a tub of stuff and nosh on it, a few bites an hour. It's not such a challenge as eating a full plate or bowl of food at once. Glad to have a list of LCFriends doing Meat & Eggs, as I plan on increasing my daily egg quota. I'm sure I shall benefit from eating more eggs. Such a nice little package, a HB egg. A nice contemplative snack. Love eggs!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sails92
Stats: 319/309/175
WOE: Low Carb / Exercise (-10)
Start Date: 06/01/14
Hello ParisFox.....I made your "Wonder" pancakes today and it was simply delicious....I added a 1 tsp of flax seed and 1 tsp of chopped pecans and it was still superb....I was so suprised on the texture and the taste....Your instructions was perfect.....I will definitely make this again.....Thank you for sharing....Here is a picture on how it looked, but it tasted better than what it looked - LOL......I wish you all many blessigns in reaching your goals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (37.8 KB, 8 views)
sails92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Hi Browneyez......I know that you directed this comments to Jane, but I just had to say that they were very encouraging and inspirational to me....Just this morning I was once again down in the dumps and disappointed with my slow losing and the yo-yo back and forward on the scale.....and then I read what you wrote and it touched my heart.....I just want to say thank you and I will NOT give up......I wish you all many blessings in reaching your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyez View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]Welcome back Jane.....and I do remember you from days past!

I am sorry to hear of all your troubles......unfortunately food is only going to add to them. YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR YOU! I guess this time last year I came to the conclusion I was not going to be fat as well as miserable. Mind you my marriage was falling apart and I decided I would focus my efforts on me as I could not fix my marriage. I put my heart and soul into it and accomplished something for the first time in my life on my own.....QUIT was NOT in my vocabulary. If anything looking back I think God was preparing me for this divorce as I know for a fact if I was 200 pounds today I would have never gotten out. I am a different person because of that and people perceive me all together different. I would be the first to admit it wasn't easy, but I hung in there and for the most part it paid off. Since I have left my husband I see life thru different eyes.....positive eyes, as I can't remember when I was this happy! I am out from underneath a bad marriage, I am away from the drama, as well as the mental torture I grew accustomed to.....life is good and I know for a fact it will only get better!

Today is the first day of the rest of your life......you need to concentrate on you and what will make YOU happy. I know for a fact if I am not happy, then no one around me is happy!

The ladies here have been my moral support and I could have never pulled the weight loss off had it not been for them. You are in the right place and we are here to cheer you on every step of the way!

Stick with the meat and eggs for 5 days and see what happens. Once you start losing there is no end to what you can accomplish. It took me almost a year to lose the 60 and I know it was to my advanatage to lose it slowly.

Jane-Believe in yourself and the sky is the limit! I will look back in my ****** a year ago and give you menus.....I am here for you and know you can do this!

Take care of yourself Jane and know better days lie ahead![/COLOR]
Old 08-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Good Sunday Morning Everyone:

So far so good for me, have been strict and eating 6 meals a day, lean meats and a couple of eggs, along with my usual water intake, tea and 1 or 2 coffee cups, I lost 2.1 pounds yesterday and 1.2 today without exercise. I did 15 minutes HIIT just about half an hour ago, and that makes me feel good.
Evenings are the worst, I get so many sweet cravings, but I haven't caved in.
I agree with you [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Sails[/COLOR], [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Browneyes [/COLOR]IS the example and inspiration to all of us, I enjoy her posts a lot, and admire her discipline and sincerity.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Paris:[/COLOR] Thanks for that delicious recipe! I saved it to try it probably next weekend.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Deuce: [/COLOR]Sorry to hear about your struggles, sounds like a storm was upon your life, but no storm lasts forever and good and peaceful times, however different, will come. If you control your eating habits, you feel like at least you have the power over your body. But don't beat yourself if you didn't keep up this WOE, I think you were going thru too much and you had all the right to comfort yourself however you wanted. If you feel better now, this is the right place to be, we'll be here for you.

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Andrea: [/COLOR]Hang in there! Like Kim said, this is a WOE we intend on keeping forever, so no need to hurry or beat yourself up if you didn't lose today, tomorrow's another day.

Sorry for not addressing anyone else, a big hug to everyone.

Take Care!

[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KUTGW Angie!
Old 08-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

thanks angie - I don't think it was the right time for me, so thanks for being so understanding. I really don't want to come to this forum and complain, I just want to find my way to what works. I'm sure a great deal for me, was emotional as I look back at it. I did do a lot of reading, but not a lot of posting. I am going to start m/e tomorrow, signed on to ******, and I will weight tomorrow grrr....yikes - scared!
Thanks Kim for all your help and encouragement - you are a very special person. I hope someday I can help someone else the way you are helping me.
Thanks to everyone and I look forward to getting to know you! later...ladies...
duece49424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

HELP: How Do You.......

I keep reading how people can eat 6 small meals a day, but how do you do it? What six small meals do you eat in a day?

Old 08-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Quick update. . .I DID in fact, lose a pound today. I'm still not happy though.

Florida countdown: 5 days.
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Good Question, Sails - do you think they count their Snack as a meal??

Mommie = congrats on the pound....I'm going to Florida in December, unless my house sells and then it will be sooner...quess I could make that one of my goals,like you did!
duece49424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #360
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sails92 View Post
I keep reading how people can eat 6 small meals a day, but how do you do it? What six small meals do you eat in a day?
I am barely managing to fix one fish dish a day, so what I do is fix a pound or so of salmon or tuna and nosh on it over a few hours. For me, that's better than trying to eat a big meal at once. Some might not call it a series of meals, but my sense is that is how my body handles my taking a few bites an hour of my day's fish dish. No way am I spending time fixing up six separate meals! Not even interested in taking time to sit down and eat six separate meals! Food, as such, is less and less interesting to me, although I do enjoy salmon or tuna and I've always been fond of sardines. Now I do my sardines without crackers, whereas I used to do a whole box of Triscuit snarfling my sardines. Got smart. Got into LC thinking. Sardines are FINE without any sort of crackers at all! If I moosh up a can of sardines in the olive oil they swim in, I call that a meal too!

Maybe this will help you space out your own eating. If so, I'm glad of it!