Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 03:45 AM   #271
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Zer
Stats: 5'10"; 65; 508.7/_320.0_/199
WOE: Atkins: <5%Carb; J-UD/DD(<2798/560cals); 128ozH2O
Start Date: Got scale at 432.4(2/8/08); 376.8(2/8/09)
Outfit sounds sharp. Good luck on interview!

What are trouser socks? Tall and elastic to stay up?

Last edited by Zer; 08-05-2008 at 03:47 AM..
Zer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 03:55 AM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Good morning ladies. Lynn, congrats on the inches lost and pounds!! Way to go!!

Angie~I'm going to try the HIIT again today..but will see try the 30/90 set.

Everyone else..have a good day!! WCBL
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:19 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Hello Ladies!

[COLOR="Navy"]Wow so many posts soooooooooooooo many losses!!!! Way to go ladies!

I have decided to go strict M/E next Monday. I need to jump start the losing process again! I have stuck to plan altho I do have a salad every night as well as a glass or 2 of Merlot. With school starting soon I think I can get back to losing again!

I am slacking as well in the exercise department......I did plant some roses as well as some floral bushes on Saturday......I felt it for 2 days!!! No pain, no gain!

I am so proud of all of you for sticking to plan. This program does work if you stick with it. I have been doing M/E for over a year now and have had great success! As I said I don't follow it to a t but have managed to maintain with the exception of 5 pounds that keeps coming back. I do want to get to 125 as I want some room to play with when I have an urge to indulge. Getting back to school only brings temptation as the lounge is full of goodies on a non-stop basis. I stayed away from it all last year and will do it again this year as it isn't worth it. I have found that when I do cheat.....I get quite sick to my stomach and feel terrible for the day...I also get a throbbing headache. I think I ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many kisses last week and needless to say it was simply not worth it. It is those things that need to be in the back of our minds when we want to cheat....the feelings of guilt don't help either!

KUTGW ladies as I keep telling you all you inspire me!

Take care one and all! As always be happy and keep smiling![/COLOR]

People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning.
– Lao-Tzu
"Don't allow YESTERDAY to take up too much of TODAY!!"

Starting Date June 4th,2007 @ 195-, 156,155,154,153,152,151,150,149,148,147,146
145,144,143, 142,141,...125,
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #274
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
I started induction last Wed and I have been doing M/E for several days now with the exception of a protein shake made with almond breeze. I weigh in at TOPS tonight so I will see if I lost wt. I have weighed at home and haven't lost as much as others usually do doing strictly M/E, maybe 1-2 lbs. Could it be the shake? I have been in ketosis since Friday though.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:10 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 247/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Re-start 12/01/2013
Good morning....I was DOWN just 0.6 of a pound this morning. Better than a poke in the eye or a bounce UP...so I'm happy. It was all on-plan food, but I ate too much yesterday. I'll be doing the shakes at lunch again and see if that helps.

Lynn...you are doing a GREAT job. KUTGW..you are inspiring me. The outfit for the interview sounds perfect. Very professional without being pretentious. Since they see you every day, it wouldn't do to dress to the nines. LOVE those trouser socks.

Zer...here's a url for trouser socks. They are GREAT with slacks. The model in the picture has a dress on, but I can't imagine anyone wearing them with a dress, unless it was pretty close to floor length. Maybe they did it just so the socks would show.
Leggs Fashion Trouser Socks Diamond Motif > Diamond Motif Socks - Leggs Hosiery

Congrats to our losers....

Hugs for those struggling....

Hang in there, everyone....this WOE "does" work!!

“Don’t promise yourself bad food as a reward for good behavior.”

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Eigna
Stats: 178/142/127@5',2.5"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/21/2007
[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning everyone:

Down 0.6lbs this morning, a loss is a loss!
Another busy day running errands and babysitting..

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Lynn:[/COLOR] I agree, your outfit sounds perfect...Have you tried spanx? or their cheap cousin Assets from Target? They could work as trouser socks also, but are THE BEST for our muffin tops! I forgot to mention them the other day we were talking about those dreaded muffin tops! I swear by them.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Paris:[/COLOR] Congrats on the loss!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Vli:[/COLOR] I find that the first 3-5 days I need to keep it VERY basic, I can't elaborate...just plain meat with seasonings or eggs..Not sure if you've done it, I know it's boring but it's just for a few days...and also don't forget PLENTY of water (or crystal light)..

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Browneyes:[/COLOR] Good to see you over here, you haven't gained that much! KUTGW!

I'm struggling with 8 pounds I had gained BEFORE the Puerto Vallarta trip...I already lost the gain from the trip, but those extra pounds are hard! I KNOW I'll lose them, just takes some patience...If I did EXACTLY what I was doing last summer, I would lose them in around a week, but that wasn't healthy, I was eating like 900 calories tops! That's why I'm taking a little longer, but in a healthier more natural way..

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Mommy22boys: [/COLOR]Hope everything worked out well with that trip, let us know how you're doing! I'm waiting for you to post your menu so I can have breakfast! LOL just kidding!

See you all later!

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Eigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #277

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Ugh! I was doing so good and then yesterday I dived head first into some no-no's.
Ok, dusting self off and focusing. I have lots of chores to keep busy today and I am boiling my eggs right now. I can do it, I can do it.

I feel terrible for my choices.
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #278
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Facing facts...standing on my scale...AGHHH!

Sad to say, I chose to 'celebrate' my 8/1/08 weight (391.0) by eating too many things that are too carby for a sedentary person. Lots of fiber, which moves nicely within me - and out of me. All very satisfying, if I *DO* say so myself.

But I weighed today and see that I have sacrificed my hope of showing a nice eight-weight of 388.8 on 8/8/08 - a goal that may have been realistic on 8/1, had I not 'celebrated' by eating mindlessly for a few days, but that seems not so realistic from today's weight of 397.8 (sigh). Today's data affirms that I'm a LC dunce - for what else can I call eating mindlessly for days on end? I know better. All I can figure is that my FEAR OF SUCCESS outweighs all my wishful hopes!

Back to mostly Fish&Eggs for what my body wants in protein (>20%) and fat (>70%), while minding mostly vegie carbs (<5%) as aiming for mostly vegie carbs gives me essential fiber that my digestive system wants to keep things mo-o-oving nicely. Feels good! I do miss the fiber when I lack vegie carbs.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Angie: I'm telling you, you just crack me up!! My brekkie today was 3 eggs, scrambled with 1/2 ounce of nitrite/nitrate-free hard salami and 1 ounce colby jack cheese. (How's that sound?) Lunch was 2 chicken thighs and a small scoop of egg salad. Not sure about dinner. . .prolly Dreamfield's w/ meatballs and SF sauce for the family, but for me, who knows??

We're off to the waterpark now before it supposedly rains this afternoon. Gotta drink more water, too. Of course, I'll have to sneak that in to the park. . .

I'm up .6 this morning, but I HAVE been having a little potty issue of late. :blush: <sigh> Gonna keep on truckin' though. Can't stop now, right?

WCBL. . .Have an awesome day, M/Eer's!!

You know the laws of dieting. All gains are water weight. All losses are of fat! --SoHappy
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Andrea....what works best for me to avoid the "potty" issues you mentioned is Magnesium. I use just the cheapo Magnesium that I get at Walmart. You probably should be taking Calcium and Magnesium anyway to prevent osteoporosis. Just take extra Magnesium, but be careful. If you take too much, you'll have the opposite problem.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lynnp
Stats: size 26/22/size 6
WOE: protein and vlc
Start Date: October 20, 2008
Thanks everyone and to those struggling.

Well....big day today. I was in my office about to have lunch just before noon when the phone rang. It was the Senior officers secretary asking me if I wouldn't mind interviewing today instead of tomorrow. What, am I going to say, no?...I don't think so! Anyways, I say "of course" and she says "ok, see you in 10 minutes!" AAAAHHHHHH! Can I tell you that my first thought was "but I bought a new outfit!" HAHA. Anyways, I went to the bathroom brushed my teeth and hair and headed upstairs. The interview consisted of me and the Officer in Charge (our top dog in charge of the whole building) sitting side-by-side in one room with large monitors on the wall, a camera and microphones. Across the room I was starring at a TV screen looking at the head of human resources, the acting top nurse (the actual top nurse is on vacation) and the Director of Medical Services (the top physician for the 5 clinics making up our command). There were in a different state at a different clinic and each of them had a typed, 2 pages of questions to ask each applicant.

Without getting into it too much, it went really well. I am trying not to build it up too much so I won't be destroyed if they choose someone else, but I must admit it went really well. It lasted 45 minutes and I was able to get all my points out there showing that I have everything they would ever want in a candidate and Department Head. At the end of the interview they asked if I had any questions for them and I told them I had only 1: What would they consider the 3 key things that they would want the holder of this position to be able to do for them and for the command? They proceeded to lay out 3 things that I had spent the previous 30 minutes showing them I could do for them and do very well. I even had the ability to expound on each point in between to really drive it home that I was the perfect choice. I must say that all the mental preparation over the past week really helped a lot and made it so I was able to get right in and answer all of their questions without forgetting anything. That was the first interview I have ever had within a company where I already work and know each of the interviewers already.

Anyways, it was a good day. Now it is all in their hands. After all that I even forgot to eat lunch.

Thanks for everyone's support. They have 5 move candidates to interview tomorrow so I'll just have to wait.

I WILL DO THIS AND CHANGE MY LIFE!!

Highest ever: 316
Size 24/26

restart: 15Jun10
Jan 1, 2011 Size 20 and still losing!
lynnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #282
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay...interview surprise!

All right. You did well. With that many candidates, chances are there will be a 2d interview. So...let's carry that interview outfit to work, to have on hand for an impromptu interview. How about that? Is it do-able? Can you slip it on and scoot to the interview site in a flash? Amazing that anyone would ask it, but it is best to be prepared.

You did GREAT, handling it as well as you did. Yay, you!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Zer. I have my own office so that wouldn't be a problem. I did wear a professional outfit today anyways since you never know who you'll see. Tuesday is the day the Head Nurse comes to our clinic so I wanted to be ready for a pre-interview with her in case she wanted one. Lucky for me I did!
Old 08-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #284

Gallery: Kandi26
Stats: 258.8/224/150 5'4"
Start Date: 04/14/08
Hey everyone.. glad to see there are some losers in here!

I did M/E yesterday except I had some nuts last night. I woke up and still haven't lost the 2 pounds gain.. grrrr.. Today has been all meat and eggs with nothing else. I was going to blame TOM for my gain, but I am just spotting so I don't think it is that. I haven't cheated though so it must be water weight. Or something else, cause I can't "go".. I hate it. I did take in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil. I hope that helps.

Lynn- sounds like you nailed the interview! Just think, now you won't have to be nervous tonight worrying about the interview tomorrow!

Zer- you have done great so far! you can get to you're goal, who cares if it is a couple days later.. just jump back in!

Chantel- YOU CAN DO IT!

Angie- sounds like you are starting to melt! those pounds will be off before you know it!

Paris- i may have to check into that magnesium.. how much do you take?
Kandi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Lynn: [/COLOR]Congratulations! I know you don't want to claim victory just yet, but you need to believe in yourself as you're doing and as we all do...we're all cheering for you... Seems like you're getting everything in your life back in order and for the best! Keep it up!

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Andrea:[/COLOR] Hopefully with all the exercise you'll get at the Waterpark you'll see a loss tomorrow, hope you're not too hungry and cheat on your way home...and if you do...oh well, it happens and we always have next day..

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kandi:[/COLOR] Hang in there, usually when I don't see a loss, then the I have a big one (Loss I mean, lol, not talking about the potty issues yet!)
I also wanted to share, that I've tried some teas, as well as magnesium and somePsyllium husks, but what's working GREAT right now is a tea called Zendo, it's supposedly for weight loss, but it really is just a mild diuretic but you'll also go to the bathroom within 2-7 hours of taking it and see A LOT, (sorry if it's t.m.i.) but it won't make you too loose...if you know what I mean...you'll just be able to go well..
Just wanted to share...you can find it at walmart (very cheap, around 3 dollars for a box with 25 envelopes) and lots of other places..

Well...off to bed...I've kind of had too much to "eat" this evening...had 5 hot wings at 8pm after thinking I would skip dinner...but then had that zendo tea I mentioned...then some corn tea...then some ginger tea...and finally I just had a cup of coffee (all this along with like 12 glasses of crystal light I had all day-and night-
As you can see...mainly liquids, but I'll see if that doesn't affect the scale tomorrow...Will let you all know..see you tomorrow!

[/COLOR]
Old 08-06-2008, 03:22 AM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Kandi and Angie!

Sticking to plan and weight is holding today.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #287
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: Obese/overweight/feeling good
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Restart everyday
Hi all, I just had to report that I weighed in last night and am down. Yahoo. Close to onderland. I am leaving for a mini vacation tomorrow and won't be back until Sat or Sun and will continue with induction but not M/E. I have veggies here at home that I need to get eaten when I get back, (thank goodness for the green bags). Then maybe once the veggies are used up I will try strict M/E.

Thanks all for the feedback. I haven't been strict M/E.

Do any of you use coconut oil while on M/E? If so, how do you incorporate it in? I just started using it and I have been putting it into the shakes I make. I have read that people put it in their coffee but I don't want an oil slick LOL.
vli1127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Browneyez
Stats: 220/145/135 Started M/E @195 June 4, 2007
WOE: M/E
Start Date: Sept 2003
Happy Hump Day!

[COLOR="Navy"]Just a quick fly by to wish you all a wonderful Wednesday!!!!

Lynn-Sounds like your interview went quite well! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! You remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Congrats to all the losers! KUTGW!!!!! And to those that are struggling, this too shall pass! Stick with it ladies as it WILL pay off!

Take care one and all! Enjoy your day! [/COLOR]

Last edited by Browneyez; 08-06-2008 at 06:43 AM..
Browneyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:26 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

[COLOR=DimGray]Good Morning everyone!

I'm reporting a 1.2 pound gain :blush: But then again I deserve it, I did eat easily over 2000 calories yesterday...mainly fat, NO CARBS...but too much...
I didn't get to exercise either so that wasn't good...Hopefully I'll get rid of it today...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Kim: [/COLOR]Thanks and I hope you have a great day as well

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Vli: [/COLOR]Just a little tweaking for a few days will do, then you'll be able to go back to just plain low carb...After you come back from your trip of course, enjoy!

I'll see the rest of you ladies later! We can do this!

Take Care,

[/COLOR]
Old 08-06-2008, 07:59 AM   #290

Gallery: Stevie Renee
Start Date: July 2000
Morning
Lynn, thinking good thoughts for you!

Did better yesterday, phew. Now to continue today.

Have a terrific day!
Stevie Renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #291

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186.6/169-mini goal
WOE: very low carb
Quick post as I'm at work now..Lynn, sounds like you nailed your interview..sending good wishes your way!! Congrats to those who've lost or gained like myself (1.5 gain) . Didn't get in enough water and had buffalo wings last night for dinner so no surprise!! WCBL..

Have a good day everyone!!
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #292
Zer
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy hump day...

A new day, a new chance to make better LC decisions. Aiming to do fish/eggs and working on keeping carbs down to 5%. Maybe starting off with WPP is not a great idea, as it sure brings my carb count up - and I hate giving up such a fast start on my protein intake with a hot slosh of WPP with espresso crystals and a Tbs of raw cacao. But maybe I can back off a bit, just to get my carbs down. Maybe it's an occasional thing, not a daily starter. Sigh...big sigh...
Old 08-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning....

I was DOWN another 1.2 lbs this morning. Reason enough to stay on plan. It's when I start bouncing UP day after day for no apparent reason that I get discouraged. Right now, it's moving in the right direction and I'm going to take advantage of it. My menu today will be:

L: Protein Shake
D: Ribeye & a salad

Lynn....That "does" sound like it went well and that you were "very" prepared. Good for you. Got my fingers crossed for you too, my friend. I hope they are smart enough to pick you. Sounds like you did everything that you could have and did them right too. It would be a good idea to dress professionally until they make the decision. Like they say, "Dress for the job you want." So, now it's up to the fates and what they have in store for you. Good luck!!

Kandi....everyone is different. I take 3 calcium/magnesium/zinc tabs that total 399mg of magnesium. Plus I take 2 magnesium pills from Walmart that total 266mg. So my daily intake is 665mg. I also use DaVinci SF syrup in my protein shake at lunch and the splenda in the syrup does have a laxative effect too. Just be careful.

Vicki....I fry eggs in coconut oil. I like it a lot better than other oils. Sometimes I mix CO and butter. I never thought about putting it in a shake. I'll have to try that.

Congrats to our losers.

Hugs to those who are struggling.

See ya all tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MzAubrey
Stats: 238.4/238.4/170
WOE: Moderate Low Carb
Start Date: June 2008
Have a question about eggs and thought what better place to ask it than on the Meat and Egg'ers thread.

I'm having an allergic reaction to something (hives). First I thought it might be a new med I was taking, then some coconut milk I tried. Eliminated both and still having the problem. Now I'm wondering if it might be all the eggs I'm eating. About 3 weeks ago I started putting a raw egg in my protein shake + I've eaten a lot of eggs since I started LCing back in March. Any of you have know of anyone who has a problem with eating so many eggs. For instance has anyone had to stop doing meat and eggs because of something like this?

I love eggs and hate to give them up - so HELP!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzAubrey View Post
Have a question about eggs and thought what better place to ask it than on the Meat and Egg'ers thread.

I'm having an allergic reaction to something (hives). First I thought it might be a new med I was taking, then some coconut milk I tried. Eliminated both and still having the problem. Now I'm wondering if it might be all the eggs I'm eating. About 3 weeks ago I started putting a raw egg in my protein shake + I've eaten a lot of eggs since I started LCing back in March. Any of you have know of anyone who has a problem with eating so many eggs. For instance has anyone had to stop doing meat and eggs because of something like this?

I love eggs and hate to give them up - so HELP!!!
I've never known anyone who had an allergy to eggs. Although, it happens in babies if fed them too young.

Here's a website with some interesting info on the subject: Egg Allergy

I'd go to an allergist and get tested before giving them up. They are too important to our WOE. Good luck.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #296

maybe the only way you will find out is to stop eating them for a couple days and see if it clears up.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #297
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Ladies!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #298
Senior LCF Member

HIVES

[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Red]MZAUBREY
[/COLOR]
I've had some trouble when consuming raw eggs...If I put one in my shake I'll get a stomach ache for about 1-2 hours after taking it..
That's solved by using Egg beaters or something of the sort..
Last summer I had to go to the doctor a few times because of unexplainable stomach aches, and after I started cooking my eggs REEALLY well, the pain disappeared immediately.

I've been a hives sufferer for around 10 years...went to an allergist, we tried lots of things, underwent lots of tests, I used Allegra for a few months, used Claritin, Zyrtec, Benadryl sometimes out of desperation and frustration I used all of them at once (VERY Dangerous)...but the hives returned the next day...I got very depressed...I even tried naturalistic aproaches, they were very expensive and worked only temporarily..

This might be the strangest thing you'll ever hear...But after doing some research online..and trying everything...I read some people had been successful curing their hives with a stomach antacid, specifically Zantac (or the generic) I figured, having spent so much money over the years with so many antihistamines and stuff I had nothing to lose..this is inexpensive...I swear to you, the minute I took 2 pills of Zantac and 1 Claritin the hives disappeared within an hour..
I still sometimes start getting them, but when that happens, I just pop the antacid and claritin before bedtime for around a week...and they stop coming back for months...and I don't have to keep taking the pills.

I wish someone had told me this earlier, I spent lots of hours at hiding home because of the embarrassment, sometimes when it got really bad, my face and lips started swelling...

Anyway, I just wanted to share, there's nothing to lose, just make sure you use Zantac (or generic Ranitidine) and not Pepcid ac or Tums or Prilosec or some other type of antacid.

You may PM me if you have other questions.
[/COLOR]
Old 08-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went to a movie this afternoon and resisted the popcorn.

Dinner changed to some broasted chicken instead of the steak & salad.

Menu for today:

L: Protein Shake
S: 1 boiled egg; 2 oz. leftover ribeye from yesterday
D: Broiler chicken

That's it for tonight.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #300

Ok ladies, I am here to check in. I am 100% on plan today. My menu is as follows:

B-1 hard boiled egg
L-Big sirloin patty cooked on GF grill
D-Rotisseri (sp?) chicken from henry's market

I went to Henry's Market after work and stocked up on some meat. That is all I bought.. Except for some tea. The checkout guy said to me, "You out of meat?" I thought, if you only knew!

Angie- Thanks for the info on the tea.. I found some tea at Henry's market that said it is for dieting, but upon inspection, it says it is a mild laxitive. I don't like hot tea so I made it and put ice in it. I am assuming it would work the same way. (crossing fingers)

Paris- I found some Phillips milk of magnesium in my medicine cabinet. I never put two and two together to think of buying magnesium as a laxative. Well thanks for the info!