Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: delynmonet
WOE: Atkins - 2 shakes per day/lc meal
Start Date: November 16, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Del, great advice as always.

Silver, cqueen, Noddy (Homestretch, I have to call you that, I grew up with Noddy books), I think you will find this really focuses you and helps to move that scale after a stall.

Gio, they are fine. Promise. Just make sure that the rest of your food is clean.

Del Rocks OK!

Aaaawwww, Kissa . . . you make me :blush:!

Yes, Gio, like Kissa said, its fine with 1g of sugar (net carbs 1g) - tried, true and tested . . . and I still lost weight. Go to atkins.com and read about the contents of the shakes and other products.
delynmonet is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giovannip811
Stats: 192/173.0/160
WOE: CAD
Start Date: July 24 2007
Thank you Guys
giovannip811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:05 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: homestretch
Stats: 206.5/155
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 5/26/06
Well it is day three on the shakes. I have to admit that I battled some hunger last night but I made it through. I am loving the convenience that the shakes offer. Right now my kids are playing ball, taking swimming lessons, and one is getting ready to move away to college so the ease of using the shakes cannot be beat! I did not get on the scale today, I thought I would wait a few days to weigh again. Walked 4 miles this morning and I am glad my exercise is done for the day!
homestretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good work Noddy!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:19 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Day 4!

Thank you Kissa for the support! I love your quote - so true.

Today is day 4 of my shake routine. When I got on the scale this morning I was at 168.5. I am officially down 3 pounds and thrilled. Yesterday I had one shake for breakfast, then tuna on a revolution roll for lunch, a shake for snack and a low carb meat and veggie dinner.

Today I am going to have a shake for breakfast, one for lunch, a very small snack and we are going out to dinner for my husbands birthday. I am going to hit the treadmill and lift weights for 40 minutes. I am worried about going out for my husband's birthday. He still has not decided where he wants to eat but I am hoping that wherever it is I can stay on plan. Hopefully steak and salad.

Have a great day and make it count!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

GO, HOMESTRETCH, GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestretch View Post

Today is day 4 of my shake routine. When I got on the scale this morning I was at 168.5. I am officially down 3 pounds and thrilled. Yesterday I had one shake for breakfast, then tuna on a revolution roll for lunch, a shake for snack and a low carb meat and veggie dinner.

Today I am going to have a shake for breakfast, one for lunch, a very small snack and we are going out to dinner for my husbands birthday. I am going to hit the treadmill and lift weights for 40 minutes. I am worried about going out for my husband's birthday. He still has not decided where he wants to eat but I am hoping that wherever it is I can stay on plan. Hopefully steak and salad.

WOW!!! 3 lbs down and counting!! Good for you!! Seems like you have a serious mindset and a surefire plan in place . . . we're in your corner - 100% +!!! Don't worry too much about the restaurant . . . there's always a way to "eat" around the menu. You will be on plan - can never go wrong with the steak and salad.

Thanks so much for posting your results . . . I'll be checking in to cheer you on! I am doing the dance for you too!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giovannip811
Stats: 192/173.0/160
WOE: CAD
Start Date: July 24 2007
Quote:

congrats for the weight loss and keep up the good work!!
giovannip811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #218

Way to go! Well done. Enjoy the restaurant, think how much more difficult it would be on any other weight loss plan....
Old 07-26-2007, 02:12 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ursula C.
Stats: 134/122/120 5'6", 42 years old
WOE: Maintenance = Kimkins w/refeeds
Hi you guys! I mostly use EAS shakes... Can I still join?

p.s. Hi Giovanni!!!
Ursula C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursula C. View Post
Hi you guys! I mostly use EAS shakes... Can I still join?

p.s. Hi Giovanni!!!
Ursula C -

Actually you can post if you'd like about your success - there's nothing to join. We're sharing and getting so much information from others who are using shakes along with their meal plan. We'd love to hear about your success with the EAS shakes - one never knows! I am a firm believer that lowering the carbs and caloric intake (but still eating healthy) is helping with weight loss or maintenance in a great way! Shakes seem to accomplish that!

!!!

Last edited by delynmonet; 07-26-2007 at 02:29 PM..
Old 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delynmonet View Post
Ursula C -

Actually you can post if you'd like about your success - there's nothing to join. We're sharing and getting so much information from others who are using shakes along with their meal plan. We'd love to hear about your success with the EAS shakes - one never knows! I am a firm believer that lowering the carbs and caloric intake (but still eating healthy) is helping with weight loss or maintenance in a great way! Shakes seem to accomplish that!

!!!
Okay: Thanks!

A little about me: In the past, I struggled to lose (though I never had that much weight to drop) and struggled even harder to maintain (whenever I'd reach a goal on non-LC diets). Found ******* at the beginning of the summer, and got to 120 pronto (actually 115, but that was TOO thin).
The whole time, I used EAS (and Atkins) shakes.

Now that I'm maintaining, I still eat LC, low cal and low fat (although I do eat nuts and whole eggs). But my staple is the EAS shake, which I've recently started to mix with diet soda for more variety and a greater filler-upper. I gag at the thought of breakfast, so they really help me early in the day, especially. I average 2 or 3 shakes a day, as well as LC pudding, nuts, chicken sausages, eggs, etc.

I'm weird with my maintenance: I take a "free day" whenever I'm at goal weight, then go right back to diet days until I get back to 120. Usually takes 2, at the most 3, days. But I feel so good on my ******* days that I never mind.

That's all folks! Ursula
Old 07-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hi Gio and Ursula, it's me Oriana!!!! Just snooping around. I am on the Beverly Hills Diet so I don't know if I belong here!
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #223

We belong where we are comfortable.

The only rule is..."there are no rules"... We are all after a way of life that works for each of us. Hopefully that will be healthy and natural and full of good food and sensible exercise.

On the way these threads are here to guide and encourage us all.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

The only rule is..."there are no rules"... We are all after a way of life that works for each of us. Hopefully that will be healthy and natural and full of good food and sensible exercise.

Thanks, Cindy: you're a sweetie! And I love your picture: you look like Helen Mirren (sp?) only prettier. (BTW: I'm a total anglophile; reading the bio of Mary, Queen of Scots right now. She makes my own ocassional struggles look like a cake walk.)

Sometimes I feel kind of out of place in the ******* "lounge" (if you will) b/c I've reached my goal. When I read this thread, I thought this might be a more appropriate place for me to hang out.

ORIANA!!! You're a nut!

Later! Ursula
Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

KISSA.

Ditto . . . . .
Old 07-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #226

:blush: Helen Mirren :blush:

Gosh.

Her ears are never that big!

Del, we have a mutual admiration society.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
we have a mutual admiration society.
Cool. I'm in.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ursula
I am glad that you want to participate, welcome! I have read your posts on other threads and I think you look amazing!

I love what Kissa said about no rules - THANK YOU! I think there are a million ways to take off weight and we all have to figure out what works for us. I am very impressed by how positive everyone here is. I belong to the South Beach boards and I was exhausted by the judgmental attitude there. People were getting nasty over brands of bread! I was an active member there for over a year but it was time for something fresh.

Thanks to everyone who is taking time out of their day to cheer me on! It is so motivating.

Dinner was fine. I had a sirloin, asparagus, and two chicken wings. It was delicious and so nice to not have to cook for a change. Good luck everyone, I will check in tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 PM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Can I chime in? I am a fruitarian on Beverly Hills Diet/one meal a day.
oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:07 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Ursula
I am glad that you want to participate, welcome! I have read your posts on other threads and I think you look amazing!

I love what Kissa said about no rules - THANK YOU! I think there are a million ways to take off weight and we all have to figure out what works for us. I am very impressed by how positive everyone here is. I belong to the South Beach boards and I was exhausted by the judgmental attitude there. People were getting nasty over brands of bread! I was an active member there for over a year but it was time for something fresh.

Thanks to everyone who is taking time out of their day to cheer me on! It is so motivating.

Dinner was fine. I had a sirloin, asparagus, and two chicken wings. It was delicious and so nice to not have to cook for a change. Good luck everyone, I will check in tomorrow.
Thanks Homestretch! I can already tell I'm going to like it here.

And you! You've come such a long way and are in the homestretch indeed. I'm glad you'll be HERE to celebrate your goal instead of over there with a bunch of meanies. Woo-hoo, PARTY!!!! Won't be long now...
Old 07-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Ursula! I need positive people to cheer me on the rest of the way so I feel very thankful for everyone here. Delynmonet started such an awesome thread and I am so touched that she stops in to give encouragement.

I did not weigh this morning but will again in a day or two. I went for a 3 mile walk this morning and it felt good in spite of the humidity. My plan for the day is to eat eggs and ham for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a shake for snack, and grilled pork chops with salad for dinner.

I fought the good fight last night when my family had cherry cheesecake. I wanted to indulge but I kept telling myself how good I would feel in the morning if I did not. I surely did not want to spoil my hard work.

Hope everyone is doing well and have a great day!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Keep Haning in there!!!

Homestretch,

Great job with the successful dinner eating (and non-eating of the cheesecake)! Congrats on your workouts. Working out is critical too . . . each pound lost is bringing you closer to your goal. This morning, I took a brief look through my earlier posts and got so excited each time I read when a pound was gone! Just to see you or anyone else experience that brings more joy to me. We all have to find what works for us, but I am truly convinced that limiting carbs and caloric intake is the answer - then, when you exercise, you're burning more calories . . . WOOHOOO . . . keep up the good work, Homestretch! Have a wonderful weekend!

Weight before re-induction - 12/2/05 - 167 lbs
Re-induction again: 12/26/05 - 165 lbs (42.5% BF)
Atkins Shakes Plan: 7/6/10 - 168 lbs (40% BF)
Goal weight - 140 lbs, size 8

Last edited by delynmonet; 07-27-2007 at 08:19 AM..
Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

AAAAAAAAAARGH! I just drank an EAS shake and happened to look at the label: 29 carbs!!!!!!!! I grabbed the wrong ones! That would NEVER happen with Atkins shakes. The good news is that I caught it early and can adjust the rest of my day accordingly.

Going to get on the treadmill now.

Later!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Del-Your original posts are very inspiring and it is really cool that you can look back on your accomplishments. Those posts motivated me to do this. I am trying to follow in your tracks!

Ursula-What a rip with the shake! Oh well you caught it early and can adjust the day as you said. I am slowly learning to be flexible with myself and realize one little thing does not ruin my life. Of course I am a recovering all or nothing thinker (let me stress recovering not recovered lol).

Good luck on the rest of your day!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm, not sure what happened to my post from yesterday. I am going to try this before I put 10 minutes into typing.....
Old 07-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

It is Sunday! I have to go work at my church's annual picnic today-yuck! My plan is to have my shake for breakfast, one for lunch, and then eat the meat and veggies that they serve at the picnic.

I am entering the 4-5 days prior to my TOM which is always interesting. I am eager to see how my body behaves on my new routine. Typically I pack on some water weight and am a real bear. I already feel the bear coming out! So we shall see about the water weight. I am still excited and very happy with eating this way. I hope everyone is doing well and that my post does not do a vanishing act today.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
Can you tell me what your average menu consists of daily?I am interested in trying this, I love the atkins shakes, but I am worried that I will be to hungry. The food they offer at work is awful, so if I could get by with a couple of shakes that would be great!
Karla1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Karla
I have two shakes a day. I have them for either breakfast, lunch or snack. Whatever time I do not have a shake I have a low carb meal for ex. I might have a snack of deviled eggs or a breakfast of eggs and ham. Then of an evening I have meat and a salad or veggies. This is what my day will look like today:
B: Atkins shake
L: Mcdonalds grilled chicken salad with dressing
S: Atkins shake
D: Grilled chicken and steamed green beans

I find it easy and uncomplicated. I am never really hungry. I still have to fight of the urge to eat but I cannot say that it stems from hunger as much as nerves or boredom.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Today marks my second week on the Atkins shake routine. I stumbled a bit yesterday evening and ate a few things that I wish I would not have but I am right back on track this morning. I have come to accept that before my TOM comes I have a day when I could eat a box truck full of food! Once I get that day out of the way I can move on. I walked three miles this morning even though I wanted to stay in bed. Hope everyone has a good week!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:51 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Karla1960
Stats: 160/158/120
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 02/02/2014
Homestretch , thanks for posting your menu!
Karla1960 is offline   Reply With Quote